Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,951 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Rosalynn Carter Could've Kissed President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rosalynn Carter Could've Kissed President Buhari (846 Views)

Okupe: "Obasanjo Forgave Me And I Kissed Him" / Jonathan Is The Symbol Of Democracy - Jimmy Carter / Emeka Offor Signs $10 Million To Carter Center For SE/SS Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rosalynn Carter Could've Kissed President Buhari by IzuAniaguj(m): 12:47am On Sep 03, 2015
She said: "A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don't necessarily want to go, but ought to be." Rosalynn Carter is former first lady of the United States.
The first person I read about citizen Buhari was from Femi Adesina, his now Special Advicer on media and publicity, and that was in 2002. Then, Femi, an editor-in-chief of Daily Sun, a deeper life and a hard core Buharist writes a widely read column on the back page of the newspaper every Friday with the title – “Before The Cock Crows”. Femi was to me the best thing to have happened to the print industry and when he writes other writers pause to read him. Till date his email address remains the most memorable to me.
So what did Femi write that made me follow Buhari thenceforth? It was simple. He painted a picture of a stubborn leader who is capable of getting Nigeria right even against her own will. Daily Sun is owned by Orji Uzor Kalu who would later force Femi to publish Fayose's hate advert against Buhari. But Femi on the other hand was the manager of Daily Sun who despite the unfortunate publication would continue to sing Buhari even up to the eve of his election. See http://sunnewsonline.com/new/category/ columns/femi-adesina/ .
There was also another unusual picture presented by Femi: Buhari was a Muslim, Femi a deeper life, and me, a liberal catholic newly following an aunt to attend Deeper Life. As a probing member of the church, I discovered that as matter of doctrine, Deepers don't talk or do sins. And politics is a number one sin. It is a dirty game to be avoided by all righteous members. But Femi was a member of The Deeper Life?
Well, this post is not about Femi. It's about what he writes about. But I had to chop him into the picture in order to make my point. And that point is, if Femi could abandon his church's doctrine risking decongregation, to openly sing Buhari on national dailies, l also thought it could be necessary to adjust my views on some issues affecting Nigeria and her leadership.
Then I began to search and investigate more seriously on Buhari, Femi, myself and Nigerian. Altogether. My investigation and contemplation lasted for 9 years and came to an end before 2011 election. But guess what, I was hounded and harassed by an emerging school of thought that latter won. Yes the Jonathans won. But I continued reading Femi again and again and was strengthened in his hope.
Finally, in the end I made a personal resolve: I would continue supporting any leader with half of character in Buhari no matter his tribe. It wont even matter if such a leader is an Igboman with a name similar to Nnamdi Kanu, neither would it matter if he would later appoint only his kins into offices. I have chosen Jefferson; no Madison. My mind was set.
I have chosen my kind of leaders to always vote for whenever they are available: He must be stubborn and thick headed in a dignified way without being rascally. He must be capable of doing both good and evil but only choosing to do good instead. He can be positively biased as long as he gets it right. He must be a benevolent dictator who is hell stubborn to get Nigeria right even against her own will.
Re: Rosalynn Carter Could've Kissed President Buhari by joncom(m): 12:49am On Sep 03, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Rosalynn Carter Could've Kissed President Buhari by chocolateme(f): 12:54am On Sep 03, 2015
Ndi be Anyi ooo
Re: Rosalynn Carter Could've Kissed President Buhari by juddexy2(m): 12:55am On Sep 03, 2015
chocolateme:
Ndi be Anyi ooo
Goan sleep!
Re: Rosalynn Carter Could've Kissed President Buhari by kodded(m): 12:57am On Sep 03, 2015
buhari is a useless dulllard undecided

3 Likes

Re: Rosalynn Carter Could've Kissed President Buhari by chocolateme(f): 12:59am On Sep 03, 2015
juddexy2:
Goan sleep!
lol you too
Re: Rosalynn Carter Could've Kissed President Buhari by tucky200(m): 1:02am On Sep 03, 2015
kodded:
buhari is a useless dulllard undecided
bros no be by force to mumu
Re: Rosalynn Carter Could've Kissed President Buhari by kodded(m): 1:05am On Sep 03, 2015
tucky200:
bros no be by force to mumu
bros no be by force to comments undecided
Re: Rosalynn Carter Could've Kissed President Buhari by MrZachs(m): 1:09am On Sep 03, 2015
Where pishure
Re: Rosalynn Carter Could've Kissed President Buhari by juddexy2(m): 1:12am On Sep 03, 2015
chocolateme:
lol you too
whr I come from, this is playhour tongue
Re: Rosalynn Carter Could've Kissed President Buhari by Nobody: 2:49am On Sep 03, 2015
What's this rubbish about?

(1) (Reply)

‘tank Farm Owners Looking For Buyers’ / May We Never Regret Our Shameful Support For Lawlessness- By Dr. Emmanuel Ekanem / Wike’s 100 Days Success Stories In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.