Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment (23687 Views)

Nigeria Immigration Recruitment Deadline / Today Is The 2nd Anniversary Of The Ill-fated Immigration Recruitment. / Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by Emmysteve(m): 4:07am On Sep 03, 2015
ABUJA— The Federal Government has announced the immediate suspension of the recent recruitment into the Nigeria.

Immigration Service (NIS) conducted on the directives of the immediate past President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, between March and April this year.

A reliable NIS source disclosed that the Board of Prisons, Immigration, Civil Defence and the Fire Service has directed immediate suspension of every activity related to the recruitment until further notice.

To this effect, the NIS headquarters has instructed state commands and heads of training institutes to recall newly recruited persons sent for training at the Immigration Service Training Schools at Orlu, Kano and Ohoada.

Many job seekers lost their lives last year at a recruitment across the country, a development that warranted a Presidential Committee on Immigration Recruitment constituted on March 26, 2014 by former
President Goodluck Jonathan.

However, the recruitment was mired in controversies which was one of the reasons for the removal from office of the former Comptroller General of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Mr. David Parradang.

Recently, the ill-fated recruitment also led to serious disagreements between the former Minister, Ministry of Interior, Abba Moro and David Parradang.

During the now suspended employment exercise, less than 5,000 Nigerians, including candidates of families that lost loved ones in the botched 2014 recruitment that resulted in the death of about 15 applicants were enlisted and sent for training to become personnel of
the service.

Our source who spoke on conditions of anonymity disclosed that confusion has already set in since the circular from the board was received last week
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/fg-suspends-immigration-recruitment/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by Nobody: 5:45am On Sep 03, 2015
I hope each and everyone of us is favoured when next the recruitment exercise begins.

28 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by Nobody: 6:08am On Sep 03, 2015
YOU GUYS ARE WICKED

14 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 03, 2015
derespect:
I hope each and everyone of us is favoured when next the recruitment exercise begins.
how do you know that there will be another recruitment.

my prayer goes to all officers that has to resign from their jobs (especially high paying ones) in order to pursue this govt job.

May God grant them the fortitude to bear their loss till this issue is resolved.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by ignis: 7:18am On Sep 03, 2015
That's serious
Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by mayor20(m): 7:23am On Sep 03, 2015
As far as I am concerned that exercise was a SHAM.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 03, 2015
Great

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by wasco24: 8:01am On Sep 03, 2015
Dr

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by seankay(m): 8:01am On Sep 03, 2015
I want those potbellied devils that were responsible for the death of those innocent job seekers jailed angry these are the real people that should experience jungle justice and not petty thieves angry

8 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by philfrey08: 8:01am On Sep 03, 2015
Till.... in the fullness of time...

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by jimfend: 8:01am On Sep 03, 2015
Hmmn. E be like say they want to tell us another story again o

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by ndaman25: 8:02am On Sep 03, 2015
As Expected

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by Leyemoshood: 8:02am On Sep 03, 2015
long over due

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/3

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by ichidodo: 8:02am On Sep 03, 2015
This is one of those days, you 'd like to be the fury man-god, Riddick. Unemotional, intimidating and an uncanny ability to suck life force from any Janjajweede APC groupie before the words "sai Buhari" can fully be vocalised..

8 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by NinaArsenal(f): 8:03am On Sep 03, 2015
FG you people have started again.
Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by LEXYCOM: 8:03am On Sep 03, 2015
Do it affect we that have automatic employment?

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by ecoh: 8:03am On Sep 03, 2015
If you ever need free information on anything go to or fill form at www.iamforfree..com
Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by slimmyjimmy(m): 8:03am On Sep 03, 2015
[size=15pt] Ohh fxck angry [/size]
Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by lincolnj88: 8:03am On Sep 03, 2015
right move by d illiterate though...... Anything recruitment in federal or state civil service is scam including military
Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by MrMcJay(m): 8:03am On Sep 03, 2015
Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by mayorjosh(m): 8:04am On Sep 03, 2015
Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by tunmmyunited(m): 8:04am On Sep 03, 2015
I'm here 2 read worldly comments
Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by wunmi590(m): 8:04am On Sep 03, 2015
Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 03, 2015
Government of sack,suspension, and I will.

Off to OSHA main market for my normal hustle. God bless ma day.
I don't give a Bleep about their recruitments.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by Zico5(m): 8:05am On Sep 03, 2015
Hmmm, I know we wl make it right one day in this country. I didn't know why I refused to obtain that form. I knew that the recruitment will get k-leg like that of NSITF. The pains of that recruitment can never go away cos of what everyone of us experienced then. At the end no merit was considered. GEJ is a big scam.

9 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by Sanfranka(m): 8:05am On Sep 03, 2015
The last time i checked i wasnt a Nigerian.... But wait ooo i have been hearing things abt this Nigeria... Am proud of the land of the rising SUN kudos BIAFRA

12 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by dayo23(f): 8:05am On Sep 03, 2015
Buhari Till 2023....Enough said

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 8:06am On Sep 03, 2015
Good......very good! I have read several open letters written by affected recruits to PMB on the issue of the recruitment suspension.

I marvel at how selfish people could be. Almost a million applicants had to part with an application fee in a recruitment process that later turned out to be a disaster. Government waded in and set up a presidential committee and as a result, mostly 'anointed applicants' were shortlisted. A fair question will be ' what were the criteria used in shortlisting the successful applicants?' I know a couple of friends who were academically, physically & mentally qualified to be shortlisted but weren't. So I ask again, what criteria were adopted in the selection process?

This reminds me of the scam they called 'FAAN recruitment', in which 'unfortunate' applicants were informed after the closing date that their names were not shortlisted for aptitude test because their state quota was already filled. Like seriously? How can a state quota be filled from the very beginning of a recruitment process? What special thing did the applicants who filled up the quota do other than fill some online forms & upload few academic credentials? Maybe I'm just being naive but until recruitment processes become more transparent and fair to all applicants (irrespective of background, influence, tribe or religion) with only the most qualified being shortlisted, I will feel no pity for those who try to enter through favoritism or nepotism and get caught in the process. God bless Nigeria!

*waiting for that person that will quote me to say rubbish........ I got lot of time today* angry

20 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by GabrielSuswam(m): 8:06am On Sep 03, 2015
I Love This... To Those who died trying to make a good living by enlisting into the immigration service may u all continue to rest in the bosom of the Lord...

To those of us who sacrificed our 1k for a sham recruitment ...May the Lord continue to bless our pockets richly...

To those leaders who kept a blind eye not to Query or Sack Abba Moro and the immigration Boss for this "Death Trap" unorganised and sham recruitment... Judgment day is coming either by Man or God...

For Those Who left their jobs and got enlisted into the immigration service...I pray for a better paying job for you guys

AMEN

9 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by just2endowed: 8:06am On Sep 03, 2015
H
Re: FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment by MrMcJay(m): 8:07am On Sep 03, 2015
Now that Immigration recruitment has been suspended, what alternative arrangements have been made for those disengaged operatives trained in the use of firearms?

I suggest the FG should have something like a reserve so that whenever any sort of recruitment is to be conducted into the military or para-military forces, they should then be drafted there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Me Celebrate: I Got It! A Job / Recent Layoff Workers By All Nigeria Companies / NDA Releases List Of Successful Candidates For 73rd Regular Course 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.