Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

DSS Sacks Ogar - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Sacks Ogar (6126 Views)

Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor / Drama At DSS As Marilyn Ogar Is Transferred To Maiduguri, Then Recalled / Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave - Nigeriantimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: DSS Sacks Ogar by Gbawe: 5:33pm On Sep 03, 2015
joeyfire:

Ogar displayed crass bias with her choice of words and disposition I don't disagree. I am against unilateral, vindictive actions like sacking her on account of a grudge. Sack her for constructive reasons. Nigeria can't afford another Abacha because of "change".

I agree with you but I don't think that is what is going on here. This is purely about professionalism. Buhari was in the armed/security forces as well and he is allowed to feel strongly about unprofessional conduct in the armed/security force. Ogar's antics will not be condoned in any serious nation worldwide whether in Africa or beyond and I think you know this. What she did meant that her position was not tenable. It is as simple as that and as Nigerians we should not be sentimental about these issues.

The fundamental consideration is that Ogar, with her clear bias, is not a professional DSS officer. That is the bottom line. If you have a criminal case, and you are actually innocent, would you like a biased policeman to proclaim you guilty without trial or would you prefer to go to court and present your case before an unbiased jury? Ogar deserves to be sacked. If Buhari is to succeed then he will have to instil discipline and professionalism everywhere. Those who fall short should be dismissed because nation-building, where the future and wellbeing of millions is at stake, is no joke.

1 Like

Re: DSS Sacks Ogar by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 04, 2015
segebobo:

She was too partisan during d previous admin. If Daura is toeing the same line, then he might face the same fate as Ogar when his time comes
Daura is even worse as he has been harrasing INEC and election tribunal members in states where the APC lost

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Stands Straight While Saraki Bends In This Photo / Is This Nyesom Wike ? (pics ) / Aisha Yusuf Reacted To The Boot Of A Captain In The Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.