Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

INTERVIEW: How Members Of Jonathan’s Kitchen Cabinet Worked Against His Re-elect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INTERVIEW: How Members Of Jonathan’s Kitchen Cabinet Worked Against His Re-elect (618 Views)

Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo / How Buhari’s Kitchen Cabinet Is Crumbling - Ripples Nigeria / Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INTERVIEW: How Members Of Jonathan’s Kitchen Cabinet Worked Against His Re-elect by EbiscoComedian: 7:10am On Sep 03, 2015
Akib Abiola is a frontline activist and a protege of Moshood Abiola, the winner of the annulled 1993 Presidential Election. He was one of the founding members of the defunct National Democratic Coalition, NADECO. In this interview, Mr. Akib spoke to Mc Ebisco about how Jonathan’s re-election campaign was torpedoed by those closest to him and how, at a point during the campaign, he trusted no one except his wife.

Mr Akib also described how the former president failed to take action even when it was clear that campaign funds were being stolen.

He also spoke about his relationship with Tinubu and how Mr. Tinubu betrayed members of NADECO and US-Nigeria relations.

PT: Buhari recently visited the United States to seek assistance of the US government in the fight against Boko Haram. The United States has previously placed an embargo on the sales of arms to Nigerian due to allegations of human rights abuses by our military. As a foremost activist based the US what do you think the Nigerian government needs to do to secure more assistance and to further strengthen bilateral relationship with the US?

Akib: There is a long history of great relationship between the U.S and Nigeria. The U.S. government has always been interested in the security and development of Nigeria. The mutual respect and bilateral interests can be traced back to the period following our independence. In fact, our first Prime Minister Alhaji Tafa Balewa was one of the first world leaders to be invited to the U.S and given the honour to address the joint session of the U.S. Congress which consists the Congress and the Senate. This was an honour bestowed on our country and our leaders because of our promises, potential and resources way before that honour was extended to Sadat of Egypt, Netanyahu of Israel or Blair of U.K.

I was very excited to see the level of respect accorded President Buhari during his visit by President Obama and his officials. President Buhari was welcome warmly everywhere by the Americans and its government officials. We have not seen such treatment of our President since Obasanjo left office. For whatever reason, President Jonathan never nourished the good relationship that President Obasanjo built with the American government and the American people. Some of the development in Atlanta Georgia and the successes of some of our fellow Nigerians in Atlanta and other cities can be attributed to the great relationship that Obasanjo built with the U.S. government and the Americans. The respect and the goodwill that they have for our leader and our country was passed to most Nigerian professionals in various American cities. U.S. has always been a great partner with Nigeria in fighting terrorism and civil wars in West Africa. Nigerian Army and its Generals have always been one of the finest in the U.N. peace keeping force. I was really shocked when I heard about the abuses levied against our Army and the Generals. Personally, I think some of the accusations were exaggerated and can be attributed to lack of good relationship between Jonathan and Obama.

As the world leader on war against terror, there is absolutely no reason for U.S. not to support Nigeria in our war against Boko Haram. President Buhari said all the right things while visiting the U.S except the speech where he blamed the Leahy’s Act for our failure in the war against Boko Haram. However, with the New Service Chiefs and the restructuring of the Security agencies and the mutual respect between the two countries, I believe the U.S. will soon remove its arms embargo on - See more at: http://www.mcebisco.com/2015/09/interview-how-members-of-jonathans.html
Re: INTERVIEW: How Members Of Jonathan’s Kitchen Cabinet Worked Against His Re-elect by donholy28(m): 7:12am On Sep 03, 2015
Jonathan is out..his case should be closed by now.
Re: INTERVIEW: How Members Of Jonathan’s Kitchen Cabinet Worked Against His Re-elect by Pavore9: 7:12am On Sep 03, 2015
GEJ has moved on, why rehashing things? angry angry angry
Re: INTERVIEW: How Members Of Jonathan’s Kitchen Cabinet Worked Against His Re-elect by blesoh(f): 7:21am On Sep 03, 2015
U guys shld let him be.@least their messiah they all hoped for is here.
Re: INTERVIEW: How Members Of Jonathan’s Kitchen Cabinet Worked Against His Re-elect by charlso1(m): 7:22am On Sep 03, 2015
Hmmmmmm. " I think some of the accusations were exaggerated" I wonder what you meant there. I don't think, there is relationship between Nigeria and America. What they are interested is our Natural Resources. You can quote me anywhere!

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Muslims Question Fayose's Sincerity On Lopsided Appointments / Britain's FBI' Target More Than 20 Of The World's Most Corrupt Politicians Laund / Labour Strikes Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.