Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations (2221 Views)

Shocking Photos From Guatemala Volcanic Eruption That Killed Over 60(Graphics) / BREAKING: Guatemala To Move Embassy To Jerusalem / President Adama Barrow Lands In Gambia Amid Tight Security. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by dammybravo(m): 10:06am On Sep 03, 2015
Guatemalan President Otto Perez Molina has tendered his resignation following corruption allegations made against him, after which  a judge issued a warrant for his arrest.

Allegations were raised against  Mr Perez Molina of masterminding a scheme to defraud the customs service of millions of dollars. He denies the allegations.

On Tuesday, Congress stripped him of his immunity from prosecution, a first in the Central American nation.
A spokesman said Mr Perez Molina had decided to step down to “confront the proceedings against him”.‎

Mr Perez Molina’s resignation come prior to Sunday’s presidential election, in which he was barred from standing under constitutional rules.

Vice-President Alejandro Maldonado is expected to govern until the new president is sworn in on 14 January.

http://www.dammydudu.com/2015/09/guatemalas-president-resign-amid-corruption-allegations/
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by slimmyjimmy(m): 10:23am On Sep 03, 2015
[size=15pt] corrup oaf ! GET AWAY! angry [/size]
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Theend1(m): 7:48am On Sep 06, 2015
I wish South African could do the same thing to " Big Head" Zuma
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Captainswag225(m): 10:52am On Sep 06, 2015
Theend1:
I wish South Africans could do the same thing to "
Big Head" Zuma
and who will replace him as president?
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Theend1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
Captainswag225:
and who will replace him as president?
I believe Mr Ramaphosa will be a great president
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Captainswag225(m): 3:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
Theend1:
I believe Mr Ramaphosa will be a great president
well, he is a gud option., my only problem is the mining disaster where some s.a peepz lost their lives. I heard he gave the order for the police to fire. If this is true then thats bad.
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Theend1(m): 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
Captainswag225:
well, he is a gud option., my only problem is the mining disaster where some s.a peepz lost their lives. I heard he gave the order for the police to fire. If this is true then thats bad.
not really. He was the director at that mine during the massacre. so most people, especially the opposition parties blamed him for what happened there. But he has been cleared of any responsibility in that massacre
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Captainswag225(m): 5:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
Theend1:
not really. He was the director at that mine during the massacre. so most people, especially the opposition parties blamed him for what happened there. But he has been cleared of any responsibility in that massacre
oh okay, he is the vice president now right? Wishing him all the best. Are u in s.a btw?
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Theend1(m): 7:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
Captainswag225:
oh okay, he is the vice president now right? Wishing him all the best. Are u in s.a btw?
yeah . I'm in mzansi
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Captainswag225(m): 7:44pm On Sep 06, 2015
Theend1:
yeah . I'm in mzansi
wow thats cool! Are u in jozi? I have a friend in capetown!
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Theend1(m): 9:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
Captainswag225:
wow thats cool! Are u in jozi? I have a friend in capetown!
. nah I'm in Polokwane. I'm sure u've heard about it
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Captainswag225(m): 9:08pm On Sep 06, 2015
Theend1:
. nah I'm in Polokwane. I'm sure u've heard about it
yeah i heard abt it during the worldcup....... Are u that much into s.a politics?
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Theend1(m): 9:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
Captainswag225:
yeah i heard abt it during the worldcup....... Are u that much into s.a politics?
yeah a lot . although we r currently having some problems there and there. I still believe the right person will be elected as our president in the next elections
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Captainswag225(m): 9:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
Theend1:
yeah a lot . although we r currently having some problems there and there. I still believe the right person will be elected as our president in the next elections
well,,, from what i heard and read in s.a politics it highly likely that mr cyril ramaphosa will be the next president but my worry is will he be able to fight corruption?
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Theend1(m): 10:00pm On Sep 06, 2015
Captainswag225:
well,,, from what i heard and read in s.a politics it highly likely that mr cyril ramaphosa will be the next president but my worry is will he be able to fight corruption?
well that's what everybody wish cod happen,but to tell ya the truth I don't think that's gonna happen. The problem is tribalism and corruption is tearing the Anc apart. him fighting corruption isn't likely. I mean he is defending Zuma on the nkadla saga. many people in the ANC wants their next president to be a Zulu and Ramaphosa is from the Venda tribe
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Captainswag225(m): 1:53am On Sep 07, 2015
Theend1:
well that's what everybody wish cod happen,but to tell ya the truth I don't think that's gonna happen. The problem is tribalism and corruption is tearing the Anc apart. him fighting corruption isn't likely. I mean he is defending Zuma on the nkadla saga. many people in the ANC wants their next president to be a Zulu and Ramaphosa is from the Venda tribe
hmmm then zulus will have to wait for a longtime to come becoz they had their chance with zuma so a new person like mr ramaphosa is the best choice..........btw why is it that many people are afraid of speaking against the zulus even if they do sumtin wrong. That isnt gud for democracy at all.
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Theend1(m): 8:14am On Sep 07, 2015
Captainswag225:
hmmm then zulus will have to wait for a longtime to come becoz they had their chance with zuma so a new person like mr ramaphosa is the best choice..........btw why is it that many people are afraid of speaking against the zulus even if they do sumtin wrong. That isnt gud for democracy at all.
most then believes than South Africa belongs to them. only them. They believe that they are their tribe is originated from SA and their king is the king of S.A. or is it because their tribe is the biggest one in S.A, well who knows... but we r not ready for a civil war. We'd rather let me say what they want that end up starting an ethnic unrest.

that's my opinion Bro
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Captainswag225(m): 8:22am On Sep 07, 2015
Theend1:
most then believes than South Africa belongs to them. only them. They believe that they are their tribe is originated from SA and their king is the king of S.A. or is it because their tribe is the biggest one in S.A, well who knows... but we r not ready for a civil war. We'd rather let me say what they want that end up starting an ethnic unrest.

that's my opinion Bro
yah i agree with u,,, its not necessary to fyt over this,,, well i also know the xhosas are many too,,, maybe its time for the venda, sothos,, tswana people people to be given a chance to rule s.a too!!! What do u think?
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Theend1(m): 10:57am On Sep 07, 2015
Captainswag225:
yah i agree with u,,, its not necessary to fyt over this,,, well i also know the xhosas are many too,,, maybe its time for the venda, sothos,, tswana people people to be given a chance to rule s.a too!!! What do u think?
well I agree with u there, but the problem is in SA we don't chose our president. We only vote for the party and they r the ones who chose their president.
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Captainswag225(m): 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
Theend1:
well I agree with u there, but the problem is in SA we don't chose our president. We only vote for the party and they r the ones who chose their president.
maybe its time an alternative party is formed to rival the anc..... Its like the anc government is too relaxed!
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Theend1(m): 12:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
Captainswag225:
maybe its time an alternative party is formed to rival the anc..... Its like the anc government is too relaxed!
there are many opposition parties... like the EFF and DA. I belive they are gonna give the ANC some trouble next year. Can u belive that President Zuma once said that the ANC will rule SA till Jesus come?
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Captainswag225(m): 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2015
Theend1:
there are many opposition parties... like the EFF and DA. I belive they are gonna give the ANC some trouble next year. Can u belive that President Zuma once said that the ANC will rule SA till Jesus come?
hahahaha thats what other ruling parties in africa also said but they lost when the time came.....i heard d.a now has a black leader..... I hope he can challenge anc dis. As for julius malema, i think he is a bad choice.
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Theend1(m): 1:59pm On Sep 07, 2015
Captainswag225:
hahahaha thats what other ruling parties in africa also said but they lost when the time came.....i heard d.a now has a black leader..... I hope he can challenge anc dis. As for julius malema, i think he is a bad choice.
yeah that's my thoughts too. that guy cannot be trusted with. I mean malema. He is a mini Mugabe. many people says that the only reason why Vusi is the president is because The DA needs black people's votes in order for them to govern SA
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Captainswag225(m): 2:09pm On Sep 07, 2015
Theend1:
yeah that's my thoughts too. that guy cannot be trusted with. I mean malema. He is a mini Mugabe. many people says that the only reason why Vusi is the president is because The DA needs black people's votes in order for them to govern SA
well, i think black s.a peeps need the whites and the whites too needz the blacks in other for s.a to develop..... I dont have a problem with d.a and their white members governing s.a so long they arent racist

1 Like

Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Theend1(m): 2:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
Captainswag225:
well, i think black s.a peeps need the whites and the whites too needz the blacks in other for s.a to develop..... I dont have a problem with d.a and their white members governing s.a so long they arent racist
me too, we all need each other but the problem is that many black people are not ready for a white president. scared that the white man will bring back apartheid
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Captainswag225(m): 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2015
Theend1:
me too, we all need each other but the problem is that many black people are not ready for a white president. scared that the white man will bring back apartheid
ja neh!! Its too early to forget,,, but working together will help erase some of those painful memories, i know vusi wont allow the whites to walk all over him......which s.a language do u speak btw? I wanna learn it.
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Theend1(m): 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
Captainswag225:
ja neh!! Its too early to forget,,, but working together will help erase some of those painful memories, i know vusi wont allow the whites to walk all over him......which s.a language do u speak btw? I wanna learn it.
I speak Sepedi. Wat about u?
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Captainswag225(m): 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
Theend1:
I speak Sepedi. Wat about u?
i speak twi! I hope u have heard abt it b4?
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Theend1(m): 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
Captainswag225:
i speak twi! I hope u have heard abt it b4?
not really. where u from btw
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Captainswag225(m): 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
Theend1:
not really. where u from btw
ghana
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Theend1(m): 3:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
Captainswag225:
ghana
well how do u say hello in ya language?
Re: Guatemala’s President Resign Amid Corruption Allegations by Captainswag225(m): 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
Theend1:

well how do u say hello in ya language?
we normally use greetings based on the time of the day eg if its morning we say= maakye. for afternun we say=maaha and for evening we say = maadwo. What abt yours?

(1) (2) (Reply)

If USA was Nigeria, Newspaper Headlines Would Look Like This: / Prince Harry Confers The Queen's 'companion Of Honour' On Desmond Tutu / Gambia's Jammeh Bows To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.