Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification (1424 Views)

Anambra Election Boycot: My Own Stance / APGA Attacts Nnamdi Kanu Over Election Boycot, Says It's Irresponsib / Lets Boycot Old Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 03, 2015
I wonder why Nigerians are treated like animals. I got both an sms and broadcast msg from both MTN and GLO to update my details in their offices within 24hrs or risk line disconnection. How possible is this ? With more than 10 million subscribers, how do you hope to verify every subscriber in a short notice?

Both NCC and our network providers seem to think through their anus. If SIM registration needs to be revalidated with an ID card, a time interval like 6months should be given to avoid strain on the populace. Their outlets cannot handle that crowd. Over the passed few days, I have been seeing crowds at MTN outlets for sim verification under sun and rain like animals. We deserve better. Come to think of it , some ppl travel out of country, others very busy with their jobs, how do you expect them to leave all they are doing to meet up with urgent sim revalidation?

I urge all to boycott this validation until they come out with workable modalities, including a realistic time frame. They could set up a web portal where one can schedule an appointment . You can even commence part of the verification on that portal. My brothers, I have experienced first hand how these things are done in sane, developed countries. Nigerians are treated like subhumans by Nigerian government and corporate organizations.
Re: A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification by chocolateme(f): 10:31am On Sep 03, 2015
Just like in the days of BANK VERIFICATION NUMBER (BVN)
I will go today, if I no verify am, no wahala,
Who loose
Re: A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification by DaBullIT(m): 10:32am On Sep 03, 2015
I agree

The last verification was a time wasting and fruitless effort

#NotoSimreverification
Re: A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification by IVORY2009(m): 10:36am On Sep 03, 2015
chocolateme:
Just like in the days of BANK VERIFICATION NUMBER (BVN)
I will go today, if I no verify am, no wahala,
Who loose

Wen I go "Kidnap" u for dis frontpage hmmm!
Re: A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification by chocolateme(f): 10:40am On Sep 03, 2015
IVORY2009:

Wen I go "Kidnap" u for dis frontpage hmmm!
Ivory coast milk
Re: A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification by IVORY2009(m): 10:42am On Sep 03, 2015
chocolateme:
Ivory coast milk
hmmmm! Is dat not so, is ok grin wait 4 me..
Re: A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification by patrick89(m): 10:55am On Sep 03, 2015
excel234:
I wonder why Nigerians are treated like animals. I got both an sms and broadcast msg from both MTN and GLO to update my details in their offices within 24hrs or risk line disconnection. How possible is this ? With more than 10 million subscribers, how do you hope to verify every subscriber in a short notice?

Both NCC and our network providers seem to think through their anus. If SIM registration needs to be revalidated with an ID card, a time interval like 6months should be given to avoid strain on the populace. Their outlets cannot handle that crowd. Over the passed few days, I have been seeing crowds at MTN outlets for sim verification under sun and rain like animals. We deserve better. Come to think of it , some ppl travel out of country, others very busy with their jobs, how do you expect them to leave all they are doing to meet up with urgent sim revalidation?

I urge all to boycott this validation until they come out with workable modalities, including a realistic time frame. They could set up a web portal where one can schedule an appointment . You can even commence part of the verification on that portal. My brothers, I have experienced first hand how these things are done in sane, developed countries. Nigerians are treated like subhumans by Nigerian government and corporate organizations.
I wanted to open a thread on this! I suspect APC led government! they are on a mission! I suspect this very move, they want to monitor people's call! DSS Becareful!
Re: A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 03, 2015
As for me and my family, no revalidation until I see no crowd in their outlets. They need to come out with realistic modalities. They can disconnect my line, who's losing? Come to think of it, lost my sims 3 months ago, and retrieved it in a their offices and no mention of incomplete registration.
Re: A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 03, 2015
patrick89:

I wanted to open a thread on this! I suspect APC led government! they are on a mission! I suspect this very move, they want to monitor people's call! DSS Becareful!
I thought as much that it could be security related, they should do that in the northeast where there is terrorism. The idea is not to listen in to calls but to fish out fake registrations. The way they are going about it is not feasible.
Re: A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification by integrator(m): 11:07am On Sep 03, 2015
It is a perplexing situation. Whose fault is it that the registration was not complete? Was it not Ncc that provided the registration guidelines. If so, then is it that it was Mtn and Co that did not implement the guidelines fully? Again, why did Ncc have to wait this long to come up with this incomplete information stuff and what is the assurance that we will not be told sometime in the future that our registration is incomplete? Naija I hail ;DIt is a perplexing situation. Whose fault is it that the registration was not complete? Was it not Ncc that provided the registration guidelines. If so, then is it that it was Mtn and Co that did not implement the guidelines fully? Again, why did Ncc have to wait this long to come up with this incomplete information stuff and what is the assurance that we will not be told sometime in the future that our registration is incomplete? Naija I hail
Re: A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification by chocolateme(f): 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
IVORY2009:

hmmmm! Is dat not so, is ok grin wait 4 me..
why are you always stalking me? Lol. Oya I dey wait, bath sharp sharp let's go
Re: A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2015
seriously this is giving me a lot of concern.

anyways I think am gonna go with your idea. am boycotting it.

mtn you can do your worst. I deserve better
Re: A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification by IVORY2009(m): 12:36pm On Sep 03, 2015
chocolateme:
why are you always stalking me? Lol. Oya I dey wait, bath sharp sharp let's go

lol. Becos becos I like ur sense of humour! grin shocked can u survive d creeks? cheesy
Re: A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
seriously this is giving me a lot of concern.

anyways I think am gonna go with your idea. am boycotting it.

mtn you can do your worst. I deserve better
all my friends I met today have not gone, and they are not going either. They should disconnect everybody's line. We must all act or they take us for fools. Things must be done rightly!
Re: A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
excel234:
all my friends I met today have not gone, and they are not going either. They should disconnect everybody's line. We must all act or they take us for fools. Things must be done rightly!
cool
Re: A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification by GabrielSuswam(m): 1:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
They sent me the same message
Re: A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification by Geraucald(m): 1:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
Op I'm 100% in support of this, I wonder what human brings about this sh*t.
Re: A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification by meccuno: 1:47pm On Sep 03, 2015
I have a feeling that these information would probably be use for things we really do not know about. And it was exactly what I told a dude when I heard about the sim registration........the annoying thing is the total lack of respect and disregard for an average citizen of Nigeria. Its totally disgusting and uncalled for. When we as a people even if we have never been united from day one understand the power we wield, we won't be taken for a ride and everybody would sit up. One mistake we are making again is on this buhari issue. I never had faith or believed in him because I read his profile when he was in his forties. Not really a qualification that's worth emulating but that aside, we are really relaxing on the president. And it is the mistake we make all the time. It happened during OBJ,it happened during yaradua and then GEJ and now its happening in the tenure of Buhari. We have to insist on these people from the presidency,the state and the local government to do the right thing.........if we relax because most of us have been sleeping with 24hrs light,I doubt if we make any head way. And that's the reason for all these insults from people who should be our servants because its us that makes them have the money to function as a company on our shores..........Nigerians should wake up....

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Telecoms Firms Deactivate 38m Lines / Ghana Suspends Sacking Of Nigerian Traders / Graphic Photos Of Some Victims Of Multiple Bomb Blast In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.