Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,298 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

2Face vs Styl-Plus - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2Face vs Styl-Plus (17079 Views)

"Imagine That" By Styl-Plus / Styl-Plus Olufunmi Song: Can Someone Please Translate? / P-square vs Styl-Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by Bigboy: 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2005
They are both ok, only that keeny is really promoting 2face if styl-plus was promoted that way Nigeria go dey.....
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by gbengaijot(m): 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2005
I completely agree with fabian.kennis music has in so many ways publicise tuface.he is their hottest artist.the fact that his hit track 'african queen' sold 2 million copies is an achievement.check out if they sell one copy for a 50 naira.that is 50 million naira(so to speak).all tuface does is to sing, kennis music do the job of advertising and promoting.truly, tuface is a white pap from a black pot, but stylplus are not ajebotas like u think they are.at least those guys do all the job themselves.u need to appreciate that they did their own record company with the name 'stlplus music'.Tuface wud av being a bomb if he was able to do that.i tell u, such innovation requires a technical mind.I sincerely like tuface for his originality about his spoken English.its better for him to speak in pidgin than throwing grenades of incorrect english.Tuface, i like ur 'nothing dey happen' style.stylplus, go on guys, u r da bomb.the fact that u can do all this alone without any promoter and producer like kennis music tells us that monopoly will not be d order of the day in nigerian music biz.what do u guys think?
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by whocares: 3:54pm On Oct 27, 2005
@Fabian
I don't want to undermine Tu-faces' ability as an artiste, but what sucks for me is when He can't carry a conversation in good English. The guy is deficient in that

You have reminded me of my recent 2Face fear...
What if he wins the MTV award?
What will he say?
He can't possibly speak pigin there, so what will he do?
mouth open and hands covering my eyes
HELP
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by ocho(f): 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2005
without mincing words, i'll definately pick 2-face, any time, anyday. My reason? for now i'll say it's cos i think he is soooooooo fine! i'll get back to talking about their musical talents later but for now, the sexiest guy(2-face) wins my vote! wink
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by Scorpio(f): 9:27pm On Oct 27, 2005
Tuface speaks pidgin when interviewed shocked now dat's a problem right there, with all the money he's got, y can't someone get him a coach; at least just to brush his english skills. I wasn't really a fan of the guy sha, especially after African Queen started annoyning me, but someone really needs to help this dude out.
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by layi(m): 9:40pm On Oct 27, 2005
fabian:

@Layi,
You forgot to mention Dare Art-Alade. That boy is summin'!

Have u heard 'Escalade' by Dare? In as much as i'll want to agree wit u on Dare. I've got to tell u 1 thing about that guy.
Give Dare any song by the greatest male vocalist in the world. Dare will do it superbly well. See his rendition alongside Lindiwe at Project fame.
Truth is, dare is a singer not a musician. Escalade has very poor lyrics. The guy can sing but he's not a good songwriter. He's got attitude and I like that. Thats what Styl-Plus lack. Styl-Plus are just too dull for my likin. They r my best artist though. i just wish,

@Nwoke

Tuface is way richer o. Tuface as at now is worth close to N22Million. Styl plus have only recouped and are makin profts now in a few millions. remeber they started on a shoestring budget. If they had Tuface's opportunity, they'll be bigger than Tuface.

I know these guys because i meet them. They aint that special (except for tuface of course). He's been treated wit the honor due a president, always walkin wit at least 3 bodyguards.

1 mo jis. Tuface and styl-plus hav got silent beef , because Kennis once rejected Styl-Plus when they so needed a record deal so they were determine to beat any kennis Music act.
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by Scorpio(f): 9:42pm On Oct 27, 2005
how come almost every artist has beef with Kennis music?
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by IAH(f): 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2005
@Fabian
fabian:

Styl-Plus are very good at expressing themselves in simple English.

These guys are graduates.
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by ocho(f): 11:24pm On Oct 27, 2005
hey all, it's me again.Speaking of their talents, i'd say they both are talented. I don't know why they would be compared in terms of their talents, being that styl-plus is a band and 2-face is a solo artist, that's like 3 against 1 , not quite a fair comparison in my opinion! Anyway, both the band and 2-face have a unique style which peole love them for, so there goes my answer.
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by ocho(f): 11:28pm On Oct 27, 2005
C'mon his english skills can't be that bad! At least he should be able to say the word"THANK YOU" if he wins the MTV awards. That wouldn't be so bad!
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by Scorpio(f): 11:44pm On Oct 27, 2005
cheesy yea, wat would be bad is him sayin nfana ibaga right after grin cheesy
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by aloib(f): 9:47am On Oct 28, 2005
the bobos english is terrible, during interviews its pidgin he always uses to answer.
styl plus is better than tuface.
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by uchetobi(f): 11:17am On Oct 28, 2005
2face is an OND holder.... pls he can speak good english. he speaks pidgin because its the image he wants for himself. when appropraite he speaks correct english...of at the mtv awards he speaks pidgin..there is no big deal about it...he is Nigerian and we dont have to key into the British way of life if we dont want to
@ Layi i absolutely agree with everything you said about Dare

tuface anytime kiss\nothing dey happen
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by nadine(f): 11:18am On Oct 28, 2005
i think i like tu-face guy because i love that african song
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by aloib(f): 11:23am On Oct 28, 2005
tufaces english is bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by nellie(f): 1:18pm On Oct 28, 2005
2fce isa man of great clibre,great voice.if i ws among the people to give prizes to the best song of the year,i would give it to 2face for AFRICAN QUEEN.i wish i could tlk to him or just shake his hands.
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by uchetobi(f): 1:40pm On Oct 28, 2005
you know
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by ocho(f): 12:45am On Oct 29, 2005
uchetobi , right on sister! Now let's all get it clear that 2-face can peak English! Personally, as long as I understand what 2-face says(be it pigin or idoma or whatever), i am good!
2-face, nothing dey happen oh jare! kiss
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by Scorpio(f): 12:46am On Oct 29, 2005
girl, he can't get ur kisses o, just messin with you cheesy
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by ocho(f): 12:56am On Oct 29, 2005
i tire oh! where u come run go?
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by Scorpio(f): 1:26am On Oct 29, 2005
na u i suppose ask where u carry yaself run go  tongue i see you online, before i go drink water come, u just vanish. abi u don dey practice ya magic tricks now?  cheesy wink
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by 2nde(m): 6:19am On Nov 01, 2005
As for me, i'll go with style-plus but 2 face is very hot also. But if you say 2face is a multi-millionaire, you are kidding. How much does he get, just because he bought lincoln doesnt mean he is rich, he gat sponsors.
Leave these two people and lets talk of PSQUARE. They are the bomb men
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by fabian(f): 2:18pm On Nov 01, 2005
O.K, if you say so!
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by ocho(f): 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2005
2nde:

As for me, i'll go with style-plus but 2 face is very hot also. But if you say 2face is a multi-millionaire, you are kidding. How much does he get, just because he bought lincoln doesnt mean he is rich, he gat sponsors.
Leave these two people and lets talk of PSQUARE. They are the bomb men
i agree with u! i am like "in love" with those guys. have u seen their new videos? my best is bizzy body.
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by Scorpio(f): 8:02pm On Nov 01, 2005
ehen! i know say i go find you for here, especially where P-square dey involved
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by ocho(f): 8:10pm On Nov 01, 2005
fo'sure! na where u come run go?
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by Scorpio(f): 8:24pm On Nov 01, 2005
na class i run go o cheesy
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by ennie(f): 11:45pm On Nov 01, 2005
All i have to say is dat 2face Idibia is a very popular artist with wealth. styl-plus just have a very unique way of singing which i know will bring them a long way into the american music industry. i love 2face n i also love styl-plus so ma vote goes for both parties wink.
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by Scorpio(f): 2:39am On Nov 02, 2005
Hi sis, welcome to NL cheesy wink
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by elphem(m): 11:17am On Nov 02, 2005
Pls lets argue from here...Craig David or Westlife who is better. I think they can be likened to eachother.
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by tolisha(f): 1:54pm On Nov 02, 2005
well der aint nuffin lyk who is better in styl-plus & tuface..............i'ld say they are all talented in their own kind of wayz...........all we av 2 do is supprot them as fans not discouragin' dem and causin' beef................Bleep!
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by uchesco(m): 3:28am On Nov 04, 2005
I thought singing was all about composing goooog lyrics that your fans can relate with and singing it with so much skill/talent and more that u make people rush your records and attend ur concerts??

I want to hold brief for Tuface here, not that i don't like Styl Plus, but i believe ther is really NO basis for comparison in the first place...

Lets face it Tuface IS BETTER than Styl Plus, his lyrics are fantastic (whether in english or pidgin), His voice is very good(at least he doesn't use a synthesiser as much as Styl plus does), as said earlier his stage performance is better than the others(though i admit there 's still room for improvement on all sides).

Forget about the sometimes annoying hype by Tuface's record label, the truth is, if the guy isn't such a good product, noone will listen to him no matter the hype, MTV won't give him the Best African Award(YEAH!!! He just WON), and He'll end up like Rasquie, or one of those bad musicians Kennis has been trying to dump on us....but who can't make it because we ain't fools..

Yep he's good, wit plenty experience(since the Plantashun Boiz days), good looks too, humility(when u meet him u'll know)and the bros can SING!!!

But there's a bad side for me though... His videos are POOR!!! -Need much more effort!! Sadly virtually all Afro/hip hop musicians including the (In my opinion) much overrated StylPlus have this problem of poor quality videos.

The few notable exceptions are P-Square(Their dancing skills are definitely worth buying, even if their lyrics are not that much..),Sound Sultan (another good artiste to watch out for once he can get his act together) and to some extent... Mr Kool,(the guy sabi spend money but has the same wahala as PSquare) and Idris Abdulkareem(no, really!!his videos are a bit watchable)

But Enough said... For me Tuface rules!!!
PS:I'm not a member of his fan club, or affiliated in any way to his record label(who i don't really like).Just thot i'd make that clear...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Naeto-C Ft D'banj - Tony Montana (Bad Pass) Remix : Official Video / Vulgarity And The Nigerian Singer / Ice-Prince Wins "Best African Act" At BET Awards 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.