Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,119 members, 7,953,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:23 PM

Chased (prey And Predator) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chased (prey And Predator) (427 Views)

Let Us Prey!!! / The Day I Was Almost Chased Out Of Medical School / Prey Book Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chased (prey And Predator) by Nobody: 4:03am On Sep 04, 2015
"Go! Run!”

I was kind of expecting to hear the classic “Save yourself” but of course, those words never fell from Adekunle’s lips as he put himself between me
and the creature who wanted my life.
Even as I turned to obey, my heart broke. I knew he was no match for him. From the look in his eyes, I think he knew it too. The most he could do was to buy me time. Probably fifteen minutes. I had seen this thing at work, and I knew it. It was deadly. Efficient. Brutal. Unstoppable. It would eventually kill me.

As my feet pounded the ground, I ran for my life. But even the sounds of my footsteps were not enough to quell the sounds of breaking bone as my only friend in the world was practically torn apart by a monster. The screams tortured me and I heard Adekunle, my proud Adekunle, beg and ask for mercy at the top of his voice, pain riding on every syllable. Then, five minutes later, it ceased.

Mercy, of course, did not come.

Read the rest at www.laolusblog.

(1) (Reply)

Daz How Jesus Was In Ibadan / Passer-by- A Poem By Bovamm / 17 Again (main Poem, Without Link).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.