Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,918 members, 7,814,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure (4810 Views)

For Sale : An Hostel Building Of Self Contained In Ibadan / One Storey Building Of 4units Of 3bedroom For Sale In Coker Village Lagos / What Is The Estimated Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Lugbe? Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by isadamu: 7:03am On Sep 04, 2015
I'm encouraged to post this on nairaland because this site has been of tremendous assistance to me regarding my building project. Kudos to the gurus on this forum like spyder880, hajji mufutau, fastshipping, kolashangeone, brabus, aventures, etc.

This project is a 2 bedroom flat located in Akure. The project took just exactly 3 months to get to where it is. The cost so far is about 1.6 million, excluding the cost of land. I embarked on it to secure the land, given the notorierity of land scams in akure and omo onile wahala. The entire land is about 650m2 and the 2 bedroom covered about 220m2. Pls note that the project was just basic, that is, no German flooring and roofing was Ghana zinc. I couldn't give stage by stage pics because I was not around to supervise the project myself. I only got an experienced, elderly and well known mason to execute the drawing, under the supervision of my mum, who isn't technologically inclined. I negotiated with the mason for all the construction work at a lump sum. I took the pictures when I went for inspection. Here's a rough estimate of the cost so far;
2000 blocks @ 130 - 260,000
110 bags of cement @ 2000 - 220,000
Mason (total cost) - 260,000
Setting out / digging /blinding - 35,000
Soakaway digging - 25,000
Laterite for filling - 15,000
Sand - 48,000
Granite ( lintel/ flooring, etc) - 55,000
Lintel ( iron, wood, etc) - 70,000
Wood (roofing) - 190,000
Roofing sheet@ 14k (9 bundles) - 126,000
Roofing accessories (nails, etc) - 25,000
Roofing labour - 60,000
Burglary - 100,000
Doors - 100,000

3 Likes

Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by alonzoiv(m): 7:25am On Sep 04, 2015
That's pretty cheap. I guess congratulations are in order.

1 Like

Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by flobo: 7:35am On Sep 04, 2015
have you finished the project ? would'nt mind seeing pictures of the place
Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by simonvic: 11:15am On Sep 04, 2015
nice, congrats
Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by isadamu: 1:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
flobo:
have you finished the project ? would'nt mind seeing pictures of the place
the project is not finished yet. The pictures here represent the stage the project is. due to paucity of funds, work has been suspended on site. We will continue when funds are available
Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by isadamu: 1:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
i intend to complete the project with 2.6 million naira, that is plastering, tiling, toiletries, wiring , etc. Like i said, everything here will be basic.

1 Like

Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by abouzaid: 2:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
isadamu:
i intend to complete the project with 2.6 million naira, that is plastering, tiling, toiletries, wiring , etc. Like i said, everything here will be basic.
please what is the size of the house? what size of blocks did you use? thanks in advance
Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by isadamu: 7:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
abouzaid:
please what is the size of the house? what size of blocks did you use? thanks in advance

The house isn't big. According to the drawing, it was meant to occupy 220 square meters. 9" block were used for the foundation and 6" for the house. I hope I've answered you.

1 Like

Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by abouzaid: 10:24am On Sep 05, 2015
isadamu:

The house isn't big. According to the drawing, it was meant to occupy 220 square meters. 9" block were used for the foundation and 6" for the house. I hope I've answered you.
please can i have the plan? can you tell me how else you were able to beat the cost down? nice work, I'm still interested in your final finishing cost.

1 Like

Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by KolaShangOne(m): 10:46am On Sep 05, 2015
Nice work Oga @isadamu

I love small cute houses.. Please make sure you use POP for the finishing. Should cost 150k or less.

Next time, and for the benefit of those reading this, tell your Baba Bricklayer to make sure that your building is at least one or two feet higher than the road level.. That's a professional advice. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by isadamu: 7:39pm On Sep 05, 2015
KolaShangOne:
Nice work Oga @isadamu

I love small cute houses.. Please make sure you use POP for the finishing. Should cost 150k or less.

Next time, and for the benefit of those reading this, tell your Baba Bricklayer to make sure that your building is at least one or two feet higher than the road level.. That's a professional advice. cheesy
OK boss, well noted

Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by isadamu: 7:51pm On Sep 05, 2015
[quote author=isadamu post=37709146][/quote]
Well noted
Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by Babs612000(m): 10:57pm On Sep 07, 2015
abouzaid:
please can i have the plan? can you tell me how else you were able to beat the cost down? nice work, I'm still interested in your final finishing cost.

Wow!!! This is a lovely house what are the rooms size and the sitting room in feet please and if possible you can post the plan.
Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by isadamu: 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
abouzaid:

The plan is not readily available, as it is in Akure where the project is. I will send it to u by email once I have it.
As for I was able to beat the cost, I guess that has to do with the builder of the house (mason), who is a very honest man. He is like the supervisor of the house. Also, I send money to him through my mum, who ensures only items needed are bought. My mum, of course, can't cheat me. grin

2 Likes

Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by kaykad: 11:25am On Sep 18, 2015
i really am impressed by the outcome of this beautiful house, would also love to have the same structure if u dnt mind, with the way Land lord dey increase house rent like fuel price it make sense to start ur own building now, if na only room and parlor self. Boss kindly send me the plan too please. more blessing sir
Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by twinskenny(m): 11:47am On Sep 18, 2015
isadamu:

The plan is not readily available, as it is in Akure where the project is. I will send it to u by email once I have it.
As for I was able to beat the cost, I guess that has to do with the builder of the house (mason), who is a very honest man. He is like the supervisor of the house. Also, I send money to him through my mum, who ensures only items needed are bought. My mum, of course, can't cheat me. grin

Abeg bros very important how much does your roofing sheet cost?
Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by twinskenny(m): 11:49am On Sep 18, 2015
KolaShangOne:
Nice work Oga @isadamu

you are always on point.

Good observation
Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by twinskenny(m): 11:51am On Sep 18, 2015
I.have seen the cost of the roofing sheet.. pls inbox me ur number if u dont mind

Twinskenny@gmail.com
Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by Lloydfolarin: 12:22am On Oct 16, 2017
isadamu:
I'm encouraged to post this on nairaland because this site has been of tremendous assistance to me regarding my building project. Kudos to the gurus on this forum like spyder880, hajji mufutau, fastshipping, kolashangeone, brabus, aventures, etc.

This project is a 2 bedroom flat located in Akure. The project took just exactly 3 months to get to where it is. The cost so far is about 1.6 million, excluding the cost of land. I embarked on it to secure the land, given the notorierity of land scams in akure and omo onile wahala. The entire land is about 650m2 and the 2 bedroom covered about 220m2. Pls note that the project was just basic, that is, no German flooring and roofing was Ghana zinc. I couldn't give stage by stage pics because I was not around to supervise the project myself. I only got an experienced, elderly and well known mason to execute the drawing, under the supervision of my mum, who isn't technologically inclined. I negotiated with the mason for all the construction work at a lump sum. I took the pictures when I went for inspection. Here's a rough estimate of the cost so far;
2000 blocks @ 130 - 260,000
110 bags of cement @ 2000 - 220,000
Mason (total cost) - 260,000
Setting out / digging /blinding - 35,000
Soakaway digging - 25,000
Laterite for filling - 15,000
Sand - 48,000
Granite ( lintel/ flooring, etc) - 55,000
Lintel ( iron, wood, etc) - 70,000
Wood (roofing) - 190,000
Roofing sheet@ 14k (9 bundles) - 126,000
Roofing accessories (nails, etc) - 25,000
Roofing labour - 60,000
Burglary - 100,000
Doors - 100,000

Hey Fam,

I am about to start a 3 bedroom project in Akure, can you link me up with this mason man?
Re: Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure by Helen92: 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2021
Please sir can you send me your building plan, I want to start mine by this ending.

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Land Survey In Ogun State / Cheap Land In Ogun State For Sell ( Promo ) / Property Search In Nigeria Made Easy (www.privateproperty.com.ng)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.