Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,693 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Receiving Not Forsaking - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Receiving Not Forsaking (506 Views)

Masquerade Receiving Blessings From Bishops / The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Receiving Not Forsaking by Jeezyy(m): 7:59am On Sep 04, 2015
RECEIVING NOT FORSAKING
As I sat in the lecture room reading my Bible that morning, he walked in. Standing behind me, he said "Pst., I love your life, but I can't live it. I am a fornicator. I have tried to quit to no avail. Whenever I go to Church, I am reminded that I need to give up fornication to accept Christ. But the more I try, the more I fail. I have avoided Church, preachers, and Christians for the past two years because every contact with them breeds condemnation. I don't think I can be a Christian".

Then it dawned on me that we've given the world a wrong message!

The message of the gospel is not that of 'forsaking' anything. It is an invitation to come receive everything.

It might shock you to hear this, but it is the truth.

Someone might ask, "do you mean we are not to forsake our sin and rebellion towards God?" NO! NO!! A THOUSAND TIMES NO!!!

How can a Leopard give up its spots?

Sin is a nature. You can't give up your nature!

Christianity is not a call to give up something. It is a call to come receive everything.
God is the giver, we are the receivers.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Not as many as forsake . . . but as many as received.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

He never waited for man to give up or forsake anything.
He gave!

All Ruth did was to receive Boaz as her husband.
She didn't give up her poverty. She received his wealth!
She didn't give up her loneliness. She received his fellowship and companionship!
She didn't give up her anxiety, fears, and insecurity. She received his love, care and protection!

God took the first step. He gave!

He is not calling you to forsake your sickness. He took it from you and put it on Jesus. Now He is inviting you to come receive healing/health.

It is not a call to forsake your poverty. Jesus became poor for your sake. Now you are invited to come receive His wealth.

It is not a call to forsake your sin. He made Jesus sin for you. Now He is inviting you to come receive His righteousness.

We are receivers.

John 1:16 AMP
For out of His fullness (abundance) we have all received [all had a share and we were all supplied with] one grace after another and spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing and even favor upon favor and gift [heaped] upon gift.

The New Creation is not one that was able to forsake or give up anything. Rather, he is one that has answered the call to come receive.

Now, sin is over; poverty is over; sickness is over; failure is over; insecurity is over; fears and anxiety are all over; satanic intimidation is over.

We have arrived! We did nothing to get here. God did everything and invited us to come and receive.
We forsook or gave up nothing to qualify.
All we did was receive!
#IAmAReceiver

(1) (Reply)

A Master Piece From Pope Francis, Christ`s Representative On Earth / People Raised From Death / Pastors U Should Not Trust!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.