Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,085 members, 7,957,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:06 AM

Is Mercy Killings By Doctors Really A Mercy? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Mercy Killings By Doctors Really A Mercy? (1084 Views)

Kenyan Boy's Hands Re-attached By Doctors After It Was Cut Off. Graphic Photos / All You Need To Know About Monkey Pox As Discussed Today By Doctors [video] / FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Mercy Killings By Doctors Really A Mercy? by KenyanNigerian: 10:29am On Sep 04, 2015
THIS IS WHAT I READ IN SOME RECENT POST

“Doctors take an oath to protect life and not to end it. Even if a patient asked for euthanasia and the doctor administered it, it is nothing short of assisting a patient commit suicide, which is wrong,” said Mokgokong who heads Neurosurgery department at the University of Pretoria.

So my question is. Should mercy killing be allowed. I'm thinking of a case where a poor family has someone in a hospital for years in a comma, should they keep sentencing themselves to poverty or just pull the plug?

And what would you prefer for your family if you were the one in the comma?

YOU CAN READ MORE HERE http://www.kenyans.co.ke/news/doctors-urged-stop-mercy-killing

Re: Is Mercy Killings By Doctors Really A Mercy? by Infomizer(m): 10:41am On Sep 04, 2015
I'm neither a doctor nor a medical personnel but I'd rather be gone than be a burden on the living or to languish in pains. Peeps that see it as suicide for the patient fail to see the torture part. As in real torture! But this is just my take sha.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Wet Of My Gf During Sex Has A Foul Smell / First Aid Kit / El Oh El...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.