Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332520 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by temitayo111: 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
at cranberry17 that was exactly what happened to me to the day of my appointment
fine I have enough money in the account up 11M
it has been there since early March
but my remaining balance and maintenance fee is just 7.5M
I don't have a problem with the money
the thing
the interviewer only asked me 6 questions
it was a Skype interview
but what am scared of his
the way I was answering him and he was typing hope he dint miss any part of what I said and hope the interview was recorded because right now am really worried
I answered all.the questions right but Am.just scared
and I submitted and had my interview since August 25
yet to hear from them
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mcstar(f): 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2016
umarwy:

No.
You would be debited the naira equivalent from your naira account.
Sorry for the too many questions. Did you receive the money in cash or how?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2016
mcstar:

Sorry for the too many questions. Did you receive the money in cash or how?

Received it cash

I had the option for it to be credited into a first bank travelling card (or something like that)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2016
MrsDaniels:
Lolz its 420 not 413. @whatamidoinghere.
Go and check yourself, Pounds right then Naira left. Right??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:

yes its 420

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 4:24pm On Aug 28, 2016
Nope its naira left and pounds right.

Whatamidoinghere:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 5:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
Pls is it pounds to left and naira to left? Tot we all agreed its pounds right and naira left o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ayansdan2007: 5:42pm On Aug 28, 2016
temitayo111:
at cranberry7 that was exactly what happened to me to the day of my appointment
the thing
it was a Skype interview
the way I was answering him and he was typing hope he dint miss any part of what I said and hope the interview was recorded because right now am really worried
yet to hear from them
which of the centers?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 5:42pm On Aug 28, 2016
MrsDaniels:
Nope its naira left and pounds right.
Hmm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 5:45pm On Aug 28, 2016
umarwy:

yes its 420
Do the screen shot on how you placed the currencies and let's see how you got the 420.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 5:45pm On Aug 28, 2016
Thats what u ll get if u put pounds to left and den naira to right dearie... Means u wanna sell pounds to buy naira, and dts wrong. Cos its naira u have. Thats a sample.

Whatamidoinghere:

Hmm

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 5:50pm On Aug 28, 2016
This is the right way.

Whatamidoinghere:

Do the screen shot on how you placed the currencies and let's see how you got the 420.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 5:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
MrsDaniels:
Thats what u ll get if u put pounds to left and den naira to right dearie... Means u wanna sell pounds to buy naira, and dts wrong. Cos its naira u have. Thats a sample.

OH, now I understand.
Thanks for the info cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fg17: 6:47pm On Aug 28, 2016
Please those that used the Ikeja VAC recently, did you have to pay for any extra charge to use the centre? Below is an information I saw on VFS website about Ikeja Centre:

An additional fee of £55 will be charged to use this visa application centre. You must pay this fee at the same time you pay your visa fee and before you attend the visa application centre. Failure to pay this fee in advance will result in your appointment being cancelled.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by uncover: 8:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
Yes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by carissaa(f): 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2016
Hey,
UWS also.
Have you gotten your induction timetables?
Just got my CAS. Currently working on the visa.
- Seun
soulhighman:
Hello guys, just came back from a 48 hours ban which I will describe as not being fair at all.
Anyways, I've been reading comments here sha.
First I will like to break the news that I just received email for collection today. I don't know if cranberry 17 also received the news.
@ Zaty, I saw your pm, but I don't know why, I always have issues with Nairaland email. I guess I've already answer your query which probably is about my collection email.
@ Smartprof, I have a friend also heading to GCU, she is a female though. But she doesn't want to travel alone. She is planning to take off from Abuja if all goes well.
Cc: yomiselmer
Mzsl.
BTW, anybody going to the university of the west of Scotland here?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fg17: 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
uncover:
Yes.

You mean you paid £55? At the centre or while booking for appointment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 28, 2016
fg17:

You mean you paid £55? At the centre or while booking for appointment?
it automatically appears when u choose the center... u dnt need to ay separatley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2016
carissaa:
Hey,
UWS also.
Have you gotten your induction timetables?
Just got my CAS. Currently working on the visa.
- Seun
Yes I have gotten the induction timetables. Sadly, I will miss the first two days. But a one on one induction will be organized for me to cover up.
Regarding your visa, I guess you will use priority service and have you booked your ticket?
Also, which course and campus?
Mine is Biotechnology, Hamilton campus.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 12:04am On Aug 29, 2016
umarwy:

Try any other bank. i just typed out my experience with first bank.

it dosent cost anything for someone to walk into a bank and ask about pta. first hand info at the bank is still better than anything i can tell you here on this forum.

for everyone that agrees that to change naira at bdc is expensive, please just walk into any bank and ask for pta from the person handling fx transactions (Western union moneygram etc) cos some time the cc are not familiar with the process.

****SIDE NOTE
there are bdc that are licensed by banks, and thier exchange rates is always cheaper than northener.
My advice collect your pta, if the $4000 is not enough ask your bank for the list of there licensed bdcs to change the rest of your fees.

bottom line always ask the official authority/institutions than rely on information on news sites and blogs, all they want is traffic

Copy that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cranberry17: 9:58am On Aug 29, 2016
temitayo111:
at cranberry7 that was exactly what happened to me to the day of my appointment
the thing
it was a Skype interview
yet to hear from them

Be calm. I'm sure all will be well.
I also had worries and doubt but guess what? The wait is over and everything turned out well. I'm sure your case won't be different, soon you'll share the good news! Stay positive smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 29, 2016
sassyboochic:
Hello all
i have been an active visitor all alomg but decided to join today. my wife, the student has made her application but i, the dependant has not due to funds short as a result of the changing rates.
my questions are as follows:
1. Can i apply using the same bank statement but reprinted before my own application
2. would it be questionable to the VO why i used same account with my patner
3. Has anyone here done something similar or knows someone who has
your answers will be apreciated
cc: Justwise, mrsF olowoB fizzile whatamidoinghere thyme2fly elope... etc
pls....helppppp
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 10:37am On Aug 29, 2016
An educational frnd says its the way u did it, naira to the right and pounds to left.

Whatamidoinghere:
Cool, smiley
The rate is £1/N413 as at today, hope it comes down more.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 10:53am On Aug 29, 2016
It's not about how you put it. It's about what is clearly written there. There is a place for 'the currency you have' and another space for 'the currency you want'. Read before inputting figures. Let's not assume cos the VO will read that too. Good morning.

MrsDaniels:
An educational frnd says its the way u did it, naira to the right and pounds to left.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 11:03am On Aug 29, 2016
Goodmorning guys,hope the weekend was pretty cool. I have a lil question though. Got the required amount of money needed in my account of the 11th and started my 28days count on that day and the 28th day will be on 7th of September, is it okay printing my statement of account the next day which is 8th? Dats printing statement bearing 11th August to 7th September.
cc: olowob,whatamidoinghere,chucksbenin,mrsf,cranberry17, and other gurus. Justwise don dey ignore me for more than two months now,so no big deal..lololzzzzzzzz.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
fizzile:
Goodmorning guys,hope the weekend was pretty cool. I have a lil question though. Got the required amount of money needed in my account of the 11th and started my 28days count on that day and the 28th day will be on 7th of September, is it okay printing my statement of account the next day which is 8th? Dats printing statement bearing 11th August to 7th September.
cc: olowob,whatamidoinghere,chucksbenin,mrsf,cranberry17, and other gurus. Justwise don dey ignore me for more than two months now,so no big deal..lololzzzzzzzz.
yes na. its meamt to be 28days or more. doesnt have to be 28days sharp... its very fine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
chuksbenin:
It's not about how you put it. It's about what is clearly written there. There is a place for 'the currency you have' and another space for 'the currency you want'. Read before inputting figures. Let's not assume cos the VO will read that too. Good morning.

i think this issue of pounds left right has been overstressed. can u guys talk of smthn else pls.... ensure u have enof funds in ur accounts
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 2:12pm On Aug 29, 2016
Dearie, its very possible cos i printed mine today too. And my 28days count was complete yday sunday.

fizzile:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TobyAn(m): 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hi everyone, I am new here.. Just found out about this blog after submission.. lol. Headed to Birmingham. Submission was done on the 15th of October, August received by the ukvi shefiffield on the 17th.. Still awaiting decision mail. Made standard application using two of my accounts (I have a UK account as i studied there previously and had half of the money transferred there at least two months before i even calculated my 28 days and the balance was available in my GT account)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
TobyAn:
Hi everyone, I am new here.. Just found out about this blog after submission.. lol. Headed to Birmingham. Submission was done on the 15th of October, received by the ukvi shefiffield on the 17th.. Still awaiting decision mail. Made standard application using two of my accounts (I have a UK account as i studied there previously and had half of the money transferred there at least two months before i even calculated my 28 days and the balance was available in my GT account)
october or august
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TobyAn(m): 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2016
lol... I meant august.. sorry... wink
sassyboochic:

october or august

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Timm: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
I finally submited and had my interview done today. Thank you for all your inputs.

I forgot to submit my oanda sheet and passport photograph, I hope this will not be used against me.

I want to advise anyone who is planning to submit his/herapplication should remember to print self assessment form. I didt go with mine because I didt see it on the application website when I was filling my application. I had to pay 21naira per page at the teleperformance centre in Ikj.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.