Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,668 members, 7,813,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1334093 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by scoobs: 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
crazydove:

Abeg I don't believe in all these ranking.that was how I saw someone that graduted from imperial college was begging for job on twitter no work after graduating for 2yrs
Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2015
crazydove:

Abeg I don't believe in all these ranking.that was how I saw someone that graduted from imperial college was begging for job on twitter no work after graduating for 2yrs

Ranking matters a lot even if you studied the history of David Beckham in that top ranked university. If you can afford high ranked university go for it.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
justwise:

Ranking matters a lot even if you studied the history of David Beckham in that top ranked university. If you can afford high ranked university go for it.

Yes,but the way international students carry this ranking thing like it will give them automatic employment.how many Nigerians will go and study David Beckham? And most of these top uk schools programs are based on history and religion then few professional courses.
To me as an international you should look at the course modules and its benefits/features.when I tell people my plans on uk studies they always advice me to go for a school that has an internship in my course.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ebakwest(m): 6:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
finally sitted and waiting to board. Well I didn't have any issues except for a KLM attendant; she insisted on seeing my CAS letter even after I was nice to her, glad I packed all necessary documents so I didn't even tip anyone except a police officer that put me through till I got to the gate. Newcastle here I come!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
crazydove:

Yes,but the way international students carry this ranking thing like it will give them automatic employment.how many Nigerians will go and study David Beckham? And most of these top uk schools programs are based on history and religion then few professional courses.
To me as an international you should look at the course modules and its benefits/features.when I tell people my plans on uk studies they always advice me to go for a school that has an internship in my course.

You got the wrong end of my David Beckham reference in that post.

I don't know which UK top school you are referring to but they all have great courses and not based on history and religion.

They don't become top school by teaching mushroom courses.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 18, 2015
justwise:

You got the wrong end of my David Beckham reference in that post.

I don't know which UK top school you are referring to but they all have great courses and not based on history and religion.

They don't become top school by teaching mushroom courses.

Lol of course I know you used it as an example.E.g this Oxford university I went through their programs mostly religion and history then few professional program like engineering,law (those are the ones I can remember)
My own is go for the school that will favour you not because of its ranking.

If the ranking is according to subject that is different;I will say go for it but not top uk school.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
crazydove:

Lol of course I know you used it as an example.E.g this Oxford university I went through their programs mostly religion and history then few professional program like engineering,law (those are the ones I can remember)
My own is go for the school that will favour you not because of its ranking.

If the ranking is according to subject that is different;I will say go for it but not top uk school.

Yea you don't drink beer not because it's bitter but because you can't afford it.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2015
justwise:

Yea you don't drink beer not because it's bitter but because you can't afford it.

LOL!are you one of Pete Edochie's fan?sounds like him
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 7:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
ebakwest:
finally sitted and waiting to board. Well I didn't have any issues except for a KLM attendant; she insisted on seeing my CAS letter even after I was nice to her, glad I packed all necessary documents so I didn't even tip anyone except a police officer that put me through till I got to the gate. Newcastle here I come!
Safe journey dear n all d best in ur msc journey

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 8:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
Just arrived in the UK. Great Arik Air flight. So long a queue at Customs and Border Control. It was all good. Thanks to the admin and all you guys that made my application seamless. Waiting to connect to Swansea! Overall, it was very eventful. Culture shock is worrying me here though!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:27pm On Sep 18, 2015
eljaye:
Just arrived in the UK. Great Arik Air flight. So long a queue at Customs and Border Control. It was all good. Thanks to the admin and all you guys that made my application seamless. Waiting to connect to Swansea! Overall, it was very eventful. Culture shock is worrying me here though!

grin which aspect caught your eyes immediately?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by guiddoti: 9:27pm On Sep 18, 2015
eljaye:
Terminal 4, Heathrow I guess.
welcome wish you the best of your prog.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ebakwest(m): 7:54am On Sep 19, 2015
chilez:

Safe journey dear n all d best in ur msc journey

Thanks dear... when are you leaving as well or have you left?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emmyadeey88(m): 9:10am On Sep 19, 2015
Emmyadeey88:
Hello y'all, I'm a transfer student to university of Brighton. I've been away for sometime so basically I'm in nigeria for the visa application and internship placement. I have questions for you guys. I have issues filling the maintenance section of the online visa application. I have a scholarship worth 7.2 m naira (£23100). My tuition fee is £13500 with a balance of £9600 for maintenance. My error was, i wrote the monthly stipend of £800 in the maintenance section which covers 12 months, but I did state the bulk meant for maintenance in the other related section for maintenance too. I did corrected this differences in the self assessment form while submitting my application. I also submitted original copies of evidence of scholarship including the bank statement of the body which awarded me the scholarship. I hope the factor won't be a set back for me ? Your kandid comments will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:17am On Sep 19, 2015
Emmyadeey88:
Hello y'all, I'm a transfer student to university of Brighton. I've been away for sometime so basically I'm in nigeria for the visa application and internship placement. I have questions for you guys. I have issues filling the maintenance section of the online visa application. I have a scholarship worth 7.2 m naira (£23100). My tuition fee is £13500 with a balance of £9600 for maintenance. My error was, i wrote the monthly stipend of £800 in the maintenance section which covers 12 months, but I did state the bulk meant for maintenance in the other related section for maintenance too. I did corrected this differences in the self assessment form while submitting my application. I also submitted original copies of evidence of scholarship including the bank statement of the body which awarded me the scholarship. I hope the factor won't be a set back for me ? Your kandid comments will be appreciated. Thanks

You did the right thing, but have you submitted at visa centre?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 9:20am On Sep 19, 2015
ebakwest:

Thanks dear... when are you leaving as well or have you left?
No, I'm going by January. Just gathering good info from y'all here.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 9:55am On Sep 19, 2015
guiddoti:

Oh yes! Confusing terminals!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 9:56am On Sep 19, 2015
guiddoti:

Thank you so much!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 9:57am On Sep 19, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

grin which aspect caught your eyes immediately?

The Mad rush of various people and culture in My face.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:00am On Sep 19, 2015
eljaye:

The Mad rush of various people and culture in My face.

That is true. Visit any train or bus station in the morning or work closing time and you will witness real mad rush grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 10:07am On Sep 19, 2015
justwise:

That is true. Visit any train or bus station in the morning or work closing time and you will witness real mad rush grin

I am there now. It's been very eventful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:12am On Sep 19, 2015
eljaye:

I am there now. It's been very eventful.

Trust me very soon you will join the mad rush grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by derbylicious: 12:36pm On Sep 19, 2015
OK this is weird but I am freaking out!!!!

Yesterday made it a week since my interview

*sobs*

*tear glands loses it and sheds an ocean*

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Sep 19, 2015
derbylicious:
OK this is weird but I am freaking out!!!!

Yesterday made it a week since my interview

*sobs*

*tear glands loses it and sheds an ocean*

When is your school resuming?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 1:05pm On Sep 19, 2015
justwise:

Trust me very soon you will join the mad rush grin

So so excited for it!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by derbylicious: 1:21pm On Sep 19, 2015
justwise:

When is your school resuming?

Independence day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Sep 19, 2015
derbylicious:

Independence day

You will hear from them before Thursday next week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by derbylicious: 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
justwise:

You will hear from them before Thursday next week

You mean before 24th September??
Had a feeling I'd get feedback this forthcoming week too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:04pm On Sep 19, 2015
derbylicious:

You mean before 24th September??
Had a feeling I'd get feedback this forthcoming week too

Yea
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ebally(f): 3:29pm On Sep 19, 2015
Hello house,

Please will I be asked about accommodation(where I intend to stay) at POE? Because I intend staying with a friend for a day or two while I search and make payment for an apartment. If asked, please what's the best answer to give?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 3:44pm On Sep 19, 2015
ebally:
Hello house,

Please will I be asked about accommodation(where I intend to stay) at POE? Because I intend staying with a friend for a day or two while I search and make payment for an apartment. If asked, please what's the best answer to give?
Thanks

The BEST answer is the truth!
Tell them that you are staying with a friend for a couple of days. BUT
Have a phone number for your friend and make sure that they know the story and are available to receive a phone call when you are at P.O.E.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ebally(f): 3:49pm On Sep 19, 2015
worry359:

The BEST answer is the truth!
Tell them that you are staying with a friend for a couple of days. BUT
Have a phone number for your friend and make sure that they know the story and are available to receive a phone call when you are at P.O.E.

Guess it's better to make a hotel reservation. Right? To be on a safer side.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.