Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1335685 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by alegria07: 9:04pm On Dec 10, 2019
I should be resuming January

MUN19:
Anyone in Aberdeen University here?

Pls indicate.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 9:38pm On Dec 10, 2019
Zoey1:
You are good to go.
Why Birth Certificate? Are you a minor?

What if he wants to show proof of relationship between him and his sponsor?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 9:39pm On Dec 10, 2019
OlaLiberty:
I was given CAS like any form of message through mail. It is not in pdf.

CAS via just mail? Hmmm...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 9:40pm On Dec 10, 2019
conquistador01:
Evening gurus, please for those with programmes with placement year, are you restricted to working 20 hours a week during work placement?

No
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by frontside007: 10:14pm On Dec 10, 2019
Hi Justwise, Lagosismyhome, LaaJiblik: and all the gurus in the house.. Please, I need your input on this.

I will be going to the UK (Nottingham) this January for an Msc program, my wife just got some offers for jobs from some NHS and she picked Leicester, they are processing her cos and should be coming to the UK by ending of Jan.

1. Will it be convenient or is it allowed for me to be going to Nottingham from Leicester for classes? I heard you cannot be more than some miles from your school, don't know how true it is. I am thinking of just renting in Leicester so that she can just stay there when she comes over.

2. While studying, I'm I allowed getting involved with all those IT Security Trainee program advertised on jobs site?

3. Is it difficult to switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 dependent? when can I do that?

4. She will be coming with our infant baby. Since she has an A rated sponsor, does she have to show maintenance money for our baby? though we have the money to show, I read that it has to be in the personal account for three months to the date of application, no much time for that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:45pm On Dec 10, 2019
frontside007:
Hi Justwise, Lagosismyhome, LaaJiblik: and all the gurus in the house.. Please, I need your input on this.

I will be going to the UK (Nottingham) this January for an Msc program, my wife just got some offers for jobs from some NHS and she picked Leicester, they are processing her cos and should be coming to the UK by ending of Jan.

1. Will it be convenient or is it allowed for me to be going to Nottingham from Leicester for classes? I heard you cannot be more than some miles from your school, don't know how true it is. I am thinking of just renting in Leicester so that she can just stay there when she comes over.

2. Is it difficult to switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 dependent? when can I do that?

3. She will be coming with our infant baby. Since she has an A rated sponsor, does she have to show maintenance money for our baby? though we have the money to show, I read that it has to be in the personal account for three months to the date of application, no much time for that.

Congrats.... since there is an infant baby it would have been better to be in the same city.... I dont think u can commute . It will burn you out. However maybe u wont have classes everyday so can shuttle frequently . Due to the child age I prefer both parties in one house

Also depending on what your wife is doing. She would need round the clock child care as an infant has to be supervised at all times. Child care cost has to be factored in.

Depending I would have deferred this admission and be on tier two dependant instead. While spend money doing masters..lol. except if its scholarship. Loads of jobs dont need an MSC. How many British people bother with that. Nigerians we do it because it's a stepping stone to come here but here your wife Visa can be the stepping stone. Dependant tier 2 is quicker to ILR than tier 4. The job u find after masters is still the job you can get before the master. Except some selected field like research . So it boils down to what occupation field are u in

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 10:48pm On Dec 10, 2019
conquistador01:
Evening gurus, please for those with programmes with placement year, are you restricted to working 20 hours a week during work placement?

My university said the placement was part of the academics, so I could still do 20hrs of work aside the placement. By the way @justwise @Zoey1 @LaaJiblik I hope placements are not free work oh. PG internships cannot be monkey work tho.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kenmak: 11:32pm On Dec 10, 2019
Visa granted after 11 years study gap!

Online submission: Oct 29th

Biometric and first interview: Nov 19th

Second interview (phone interview) lasted for about 40mins: Dec 3rd

Mail for passport collection: Dec 9th

Passport collected today: Dec 10th

All tips were picked from this thread.

Thanks to all the contributors.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 12:29am On Dec 11, 2019
Wait a minute mate.
Your wife’s job with the NHS is it via an agency that ‘supplies’ staff to work at various NHS trusts or the job is a Tier-2 sponsored NHS Job?
If it’s the former, I will shake (nod) my head. If it’s the latter, I would ask you why the freaking h*ll do you want to go for a Tier-4 Student when you could go for a Tier-2 Dependant?

Your answer to this will help me in giving my 1 kobo advise.

1. You can live in Stornoway and go for lectures in Portsmouth... absolutely no rule stops that.

2. Yes! You are allowed to get involved provided you don’t work more than 20 hours, and provided it’s not self-employment. You need to check thoroughly.

3. Switching from tier-4 to tier-2 is a function of your skill set, your qualification, your experience, your skill set, your skill set, your skill set your skill set...
When can you do that? When your course is completed.

4. This what requirements are mentioned in her CoS?

frontside007:

2. While studying, I'm I allowed getting involved with all those IT Security Trainee program advertised on jobs site?

3. Is it difficult to switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 dependent? when can I do that?

4. She will be coming with our infant baby. Since she has an A rated sponsor, does she have to show maintenance money for our baby? though we have the money to show, I read that it has to be in the personal account for three months to the date of application, no much time for that.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AmbHenry92(m): 5:48am On Dec 11, 2019
OlaLiberty:
Please am I missing something out for documents upload? The ones I have uploaded are: Waec, Transcripts, degree certificate, Sponsorship letter, TB certificate, int'l passport and birth certificate.

Learnt you said your CAS was sent to you as a mail with no attachment or pdf of the CAS document. So was mine for Bounemouth University, they stated they have sent the copy to Home affairs. In my case the agency said i shld print out the page from the CAS mail and upload it. Just copy everything, the informations contained in the mail and print out.

Also upload your 28 days bank statement.

Then you good to go.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlaLiberty(m): 6:44am On Dec 11, 2019
Many thanks.
AmbHenry92:

Learnt you said your CAS was sent to you as a mail with no attachment or pdf of the CAS document. So was mine for Bounemouth University, they stated they have sent the copy to Home affairs. In my case the agency said i shld print out the page from the CAS mail and upload it. Just copy everything, the informations contained in the mail and print out.

Also upload your 28 days bank statement.

Then you good to go.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlaLiberty(m): 6:45am On Dec 11, 2019
Yes.
waynee2baba:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Fatsoul: 6:58am On Dec 11, 2019
Hello my people,Good morning ..pleas I need a quick response..I paid for my tution deposit through Stanbic ibtc form A.my school just confirmed they got 29850 instead of 3000k pounds ..what do I do..but I was told I will still get my CAS ANYWAYS...am I on track or I should pay the balance ..pls advice me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:59am On Dec 11, 2019
waynee2baba:

Same here ... my person own was sent like that ....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MUN19: 7:19am On Dec 11, 2019
Wow that’s good to hear, what course, is it MSc? and have you gotten your visa?
alegria07:
I should be resuming January

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by reincarnation: 7:45am On Dec 11, 2019
Fatsoul:
Hello my people,Good morning ..pleas I need a quick response..I paid for my tution deposit through Stanbic ibtc form A.my school just confirmed they got 29850 instead of 3000k pounds ..what do I do..but I was told I will still get my CAS ANYWAYS...am I on track or I should pay the balance ..pls advice me
Morning bro, sorry I have no answer to your query.
Just want to ask, how much was a pound to naira for the Form A, and how much was BDC at the time you paid.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 7:52am On Dec 11, 2019
Fatsoul:

Bank charges
Fluctuations of FX rate

You can apply for your visa just make sure that your account balance shows your maintenance funds and the reminder of the school fees
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nedu20(m): 8:49am On Dec 11, 2019
Good morning all.

Please, on paying for the priority service, can I pay it as I'm paying for the IHS and the visa processing? Or must it be paid on the VO the day I'm doing my biometric?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 9:24am On Dec 11, 2019
1.My question was not for you.
2. Someone using sponsorship letter has nothing to prove with birth certificate.

waynee2baba:

What if he wants to show proof of relationship between him and his sponsor?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 9:25am On Dec 11, 2019
You pay online after IHS ,its added to your Visa fee, paid together.
Nedu20:
Good morning all.

Please, on paying for the priority service, can I pay it as I'm paying for the IHS and the visa processing? Or must it be paid on the VO the day I'm doing my biometric?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 9:29am On Dec 11, 2019
Congrats.
kenmak:
Visa granted after 11 years study gap!

Online submission: Oct 29th

Biometric and first interview: Nov 19th

Second interview (phone interview) lasted for about 40mins: Dec 3rd

Mail for passport collection: Dec 9th

Passport collected today: Dec 10th

All tips were picked from this thread.

Thanks to all the contributors.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 9:30am On Dec 11, 2019
I laughed first @ free work.
Depends on what you choose, some placements are not paid and seriously if I am satisfied and getting experience ,I would not mind.
If you want money and experience choose paid.

kode12:

My university said the placement was part of the academics, so I could still do 20hrs of work aside the placement. By the way @justwise @Zoey1 @LaaJiblik I hope placements are not free work oh. PG internships cannot be monkey work tho.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 9:31am On Dec 11, 2019
FX fluctuation.
But the bank should have been kind enough to tell you , the recipient won't get 3k.
Fatsoul:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 9:35am On Dec 11, 2019
Print it out as a mail if you choose to add and upload but the detail needed is the CAS number, ACL and Sponsor license number which you already stated on the form.
Another place where you need it is POE.
OlaLiberty:
I was given CAS like any form of message through mail. It is not in pdf.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 11:09am On Dec 11, 2019
Zoey1:
I laughed first @ free work.
Depends on what you choose, some placements are not paid and seriously if I am satisfied and getting experience ,I would not mind.
If you want money and experience choose paid.

Experience counts alot yeah but we need to make money gaining the experience now.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eiete(f): 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2019
ubigurl:
Good day please I sent you a message, I need your urgent attention. I got a conditional offer at the university of bedfordshire for undergraduate nursing but was told I can't come with my kids for an undergraduate program and I intend to apply for the msc in nursing but my fear is, can I stay back and work in the hospital like a RN would with the certificate?

As long as the Nursing MSc you are doing is with registration, that is after your course ends if you pass, your name will be sent to the NMC by the university for you to go on the register to get your PIN. Once you get your PIN, it’s a matter of looking for a job which shouldn’t be difficult. When you get a job you can then apply to change your Visa status which shouldn’t be a problem.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Newbetterphase: 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2019
Please I need advise. My program starts on the 27th of January, my question is should I do normal standard visa or priority visa?
I actually want to do standard visa because of lack of fund but I want to get proper guidance from the Ogas here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by whuzmhan: 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
eiete:

As long as the Nursing MSc you are doing is with registration, that is after your course ends if you pass, your name will be sent to the NMC by the university for you to go on the register to get your PIN. Once you get your PIN, it’s a matter of looking for a job which shouldn’t be difficult. When you get a job you can then apply to change your Visa status which shouldn’t be a problem.

please i have further questions
what do you mean by Nursing Msc with Registration?
I applied to Msc Uof Beds too but a different course. Can i change my course to Nursing after i get the offer letter?( I have not gotten offer letter though) I applied to some other schools too, but would like to change my course. Kindly advice
Seems Nursing is the way forward now as i want to stay back and work with my family
Please enlighten me

cc: Zoey1, Justwise and everybody
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
Zoey1:
Print it out as a mail if you choose to add and upload but the detail needed is the CAS number, ACL and Sponsor license number which you already stated on the form.
Another place where you need it is POE.
Hello, I want to apply for admission in some Uk schools for my MSc.
Should I apply through UCAS or online on the school’s portal? Which would you advise?

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.