Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1336629 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2016
Sorry am askn much questions , was the rate as at the day u deposited it 400naira to a pound too on oanda? Or the exact rate on oanda when u deposited the money

MrsF:

30th of june to 30th of july it was just tuition his visa category doesnt require his sponsor to provide maintenance fees. I printed out the oanda page on the date i started counting that was 30th of june and wrote on it "rate as at the day initial deposit was made"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2016
@justwise is it proper that if one deposited one's money in bank july 1st, and due to rate been higher than the initial rate used to multiply the money, and the next day the rate reduces can one say u started counting from july 2nd.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 10:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
chuksbenin:
So if I book my appointment 15 working days after my application date, that means my visa will come out on my interview date according to Justwise. Lol.

Mr chuks, please try to show some form of respect and reasoning.
If you book appointment two weeks after you apply online
are you submitting your paper application online or on your appointment date.
I also believe an application is not complete without biometrics. Did you do your biometrics in cafe??

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:50pm On Aug 25, 2016
MrsDaniels:
Justwise means me wey use 403 calculate mine from start when the money was deposited can still go ahead and not worry abt the oanda thing now right? Used it to calculate maintanance and some few pounds left for my tuition. And shud i write the rate i used to calculate it on my application form. As my 28days is ending on sunday. Applying nextweek.

My view about exchange rate issue still remain the same and i can't possibly add anything else.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2016
spikesC:

@justwise; seems like it is safe to assume that VO understands currency fluctuations

That has always been the case because it will be so unfair to penalize an applicant for something out of his or her hands
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:54pm On Aug 25, 2016
chuksbenin:
So if I book my appointment 15 working days after my application date
, that means my visa will come out on my interview date according to Justwise. Lol.

That can only happen in your own world.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 10:56pm On Aug 25, 2016
Justwise pls ansa my second question oh abeg o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 11:39pm On Aug 25, 2016
Cranberry17:

Congrats!
I also picked up mine today. Now I can sleep well!!
Congrats bro. Which center?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 7:04am On Aug 26, 2016
Get ur facts right, the application date is the day you pay your visa fee. Don't add to the guidelines of UKVI.

umarwy:

Mr chuks, please try to show some form of respect and reasoning.
If you book appointment two weeks after you apply online
are you submitting your paper application online or on your appointment date.
I also believe an application is not complete without biometrics. Did you do your biometrics in cafe??

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 7:07am On Aug 26, 2016
Read what is in the UKVI guidelines. The exchange rate of the day of application. Go to Oanda. Put the date of ur application and see the exchange rate. The day of application is the day u pay the fees associated with your application i.e visa fee.

MrsDaniels:
@justwise is it proper that if one deposited one's money in bank july 1st, and due to rate been higher than the initial rate used to multiply the money, and the next day the rate reduces can one say u started counting from july 2nd.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:52am On Aug 26, 2016
MrsDaniels:

The counting starts from the very day you have the complete amount in your account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 8:18am On Aug 26, 2016
Chuksbenin pls am very very aware of this fact even before u began contributing on here. My question isnt related to the response u giving.

chuksbenin:
Read what is in the UKVI guidelines. The exchange rate of the day of application. Go to Oanda. Put the date of ur application and see the exchange rate. The day of application is the day u pay the fees associated with your application i.e visa fee.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 8:21am On Aug 26, 2016
Thanks dear @justwise

justwise:

The counting starts from the very day you have the complete amount in your account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cranberry17: 8:39am On Aug 26, 2016
soulhighman:

Congrats bro. Which center?

Lol! I'm a lady.
Did my interview at Ikeja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 9:16am On Aug 26, 2016
Oga chucksbenin...the rate on Oanda for today has gone up to 443. What happened naaa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 9:19am On Aug 26, 2016
fizzile:
Oga chucksbenin...the rate on Oanda for today has gone up to 443. What happened naaa?
very funny grin
fizzile:
very funny
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by soulhighman(m): 9:21am On Aug 26, 2016
Cranberry17:

Lol! I'm a lady.
Did my interview at Ikeja.
Sorry about the gender mistake.
If I may ask, were you there around 11 am?
I want to know if you were the fair lady I saw there waiting for hers at the time I was leaving with mine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 9:29am On Aug 26, 2016
elope:

very funny grin
very funny
no be small...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 9:42am On Aug 26, 2016
The guy dey talk as if he be CEO of oanda company. Very funny a dude @elope and @fizzile. grin grin

fizzile:
no be small...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 9:50am On Aug 26, 2016
@elope howfar u don submit ur application? My own counting dey end sunday. If i see the rate is high on tuesday the rate is high omo me go input the rate of the day i deposited my money in my acc. I cannot come and die according to justwise he said visa officer cant penalise one cos of rate fluctuations.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 9:56am On Aug 26, 2016
For those asking about the exchange rate, did u remember my post. I guess the bolded explains it. Thanks.

chuksbenin:
Yea. The live rate was stable yesterday like I said before the news broke about the ban on banks. Thank God the rates increased after 22:00 when Oanda has already concluded their average for today. The live rate this morning is high and a bit unstable ranging from 435 to 450 and currently 449 so I advice people who can to apply today sharply. Their will definitely be an increase tomorrow. Let's pray they lift the ban soonest. And remember that weekends are always high, stable and dormant so it's a no no. All the best my people.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 10:09am On Aug 26, 2016
chuksbenin:
For those asking about the exchange rate, did u remember my post. I guess the bolded explains it. Thanks.

How about Mondays or tuesdays? Are rates favourable on those days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 10:29am On Aug 26, 2016
MrsDaniels:
@elope howfar u don submit ur application? My own counting dey end sunday. If i see the rate is high on tuesday the rate is high omo me go input the rate of the day i deposited my money in my acc. I cannot come and die according to justwise he said visa officer cant penalise one cos of rate fluctuations.
application was submitted on monday this week. still being hopeful and prayerful
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 10:32am On Aug 26, 2016
Aunty, if you are into forex, these things shouldn't be magic to you. Lol. I'm not the CEO but I predict the market cos it's my job. Lol.

MrsDaniels:
The guy dey talk as if he be CEO of oanda company. Very funny a dude @elope and @fizzile. grin grin

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chuksbenin: 10:39am On Aug 26, 2016
Bro, on the average, midweeks are the best! My predictions exclude weekends though. I'll monitor the live rates and see how next week will be. It's not just about the upper and lower rate. You look at the indicators too. The way things are going, it'll favour most of us. Bless you.

fizzile:
How about Mondays or tuesdays? Are rates favourable on those days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 10:57am On Aug 26, 2016
MrsDaniels:
Sorry am askn much questions , was the rate as at the day u deposited it 400naira to a pound too on oanda? Or the exact rate on oanda when u deposited the money

MrsDaniels the rate was £376 to a pound when i deposited it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 10:59am On Aug 26, 2016
zaty:

Oh okay. Seems am the only one left among the applicants that applied early this month to receive decision mail.

hello zaty. I just called UKVI. they said a decision was made on my application yesterday, though I am still yet to receive decision mail. I think it takes sometime for the decision mail to be sent, as I remember that when mzsi called, they told her a decision had already been made, but it still took her 2 extra days to receive the decision mail.

I am hopeful you will get your decision mail today. here is UKVI number if you need to call to confirm the status of your application 01 440 6203
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 11:06am On Aug 26, 2016
Plz guys I want to find out something.started my my visa application 25th yesterday paid for ihs but when I got to the stage of visa payment the card says could not be complete.early this morning I went to the bank and I was told the transaction exceeded the limit of $1000.And I have received a msg also that the appointment i bookeis cancelled because of failed payment. What i want to confirm is if the embassy will use oando rate for yesterday for me or that of today. Because I intend using someone else card to complete the transaction now.Though on my application page I see application started 25th August.

Cc justwise, olowo, fizzle etal
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dee95: 11:18am On Aug 26, 2016
Dynamitehimself:
Plz guys I want to find out something.started my my visa application 25th yesterday paid for ihs but when I got to the stage of visa payment the card says could not be complete.early this morning I went to the bank and I was told the transaction exceeded the limit of $1000.And I have received a msg also that the appointment i bookeis cancelled because of failed payment. What i want to confirm is if the embassy will use oando rate for yesterday for me or that of today. Because I intend using someone else card to complete the transaction now.Though on my application page I see application started 25th August.

Hi please what bank did u use?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by icebot: 11:50am On Aug 26, 2016
Dynamitehimself:

Bro, you will have to create a new visa application. Once you book an appointment and the visa fee is not paid within 3 hours, you may not be able to proceed with that visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 11:54am On Aug 26, 2016
dee95:

Hi please what bank did u use?

Gtb

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 11:55am On Aug 26, 2016
icebot:

Bro, it's very likely that you may have to create a new visa application. Once you book an appointment and the visa fee is not paid within 3 hours, you may not able to proceed with that visa application.

Money for health surcharge has being collected

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.