Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Welfare For Nigerians: How Should It Go? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welfare For Nigerians: How Should It Go? (273 Views)

MDAs Incurred N241.95bn On Trips, Welfare, FG Blasts Them / 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare / PMB To Provide FreeEducation, Social Welfare For Unemployed with Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Welfare For Nigerians: How Should It Go? by ormios234: 10:33am On Sep 04, 2015
I watched the “good morning show” about welfare on NTA and I am of the following opinion:

-This should be split between the Federal and State Government. The federal government should take care the elderly (60 years and above) while state governments take care of the less privileged and widows in their various states. I don’t think there should be welfare for persons of working age between 18 – 60 years (retirement age).

-Those who attain 60 years and above and do not have a retirement savings account (RSA) should be given a monthly stipend of 10,000 naira monthly while those who have an RSA should be given 3,000 Naira monthly if their monthly take home is up to 10,000 Naira or more.

-Children without both parents under the age of 18 should be 100% the responsibility of the government until they turn 18. They should be housed when they cannot get foster parents. For widows who have children and cannot get a job, they should be given N5,000 and N3,000 extra for each child up to four children till they turn 18 or till she gets a job. Same goes for men who have lost partners. If these children chose to go to school, they should be given scholarship by their state government, if they choose to learn a trade they should also be given support by their state government till after graduation when they are expected to give back to the society in taxes and contributions.

-Those that cannot get a job due to disability or impairment should be permanently under the care of the government at state level.

-I don’t think anyone who falls outside these categories should be given welfare for now to ensure sustainability.

-These monies are of personal opinion and subject to review.

My contribution to making Nigeria better.
Re: Welfare For Nigerians: How Should It Go? by axiliborha(f): 10:34am On Sep 04, 2015
grin
Re: Welfare For Nigerians: How Should It Go? by yanabasee(m): 10:35am On Sep 04, 2015
Sai baba
Sai Dauran-slow poke
Sai I wail pass you
Sai naija on one chance
Sai I will probe the probables
Sai I have lied and will keep lying
Sai I be hypocrite
Sai grin

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti PDP Accuse ICPC Of Covering Fayemi / Nigerian Politicians..... Check Out Their Style / Origin Of The 100-days Mark For New Presidents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.