Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Why Should I Buy An Iphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Should I Buy An Iphone (490 Views)

Will You Buy An Ipad Without Bezel? The Upcoming Ipad. See Photos / 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery / Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Should I Buy An Iphone by Raemond(m): 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2015
The iPhone as we know it, is a top of the class smartphone that has gained reputation over the years and since it's first release in 2007 has revolutionised the smartphone ecosystem forever.
It is a well built phone with premium hardware, everything about the iPhone speaks premium. Its yearly release ranks among the best in the entire universe. It has top class camera, and loads of applications far above the number of any other mobile platform.
The Bad
My first and only iPhone till date was bought in 2013, you could imagine the excitement, but all was shortlived after discovering its shortcomings.
1. Inability to download just about any mp3 or mp4 file and play it right from the music player. I am an ardent music lover, I download music a lot, from the latest tracks to popular classics, and of course I do most of the listening on my smartphone. But with the iPhone it was almost impossible as I can't just download a track and have it added to a playlist or play from the music player. Well before you crucify me; there is a walk through for that, download such files to your pc and sync using iTunes app. But of course syncing has its negative side; syncing with a new pc or just any pc will replace all media in the smartphone with those from the new pc, hence to use this method, you ought to use the same pc, or one with the phone media files in it or risk loosing your files in the process. A smartphone being dependent on a pc, hmmmm isn't a smartphone suppose to be a mini pc? I reserve my comment. Or you might decide to go the UK route; simply buy the mp3 from iTunes store for $0.99 to avoid all the hassles. grin
2. Locked down . Sure our android users know how seamless it is to share any apk file. Instead of having to download it over and over again with our not so good networks providers in the country and the exorbitant cost of data. But in the case of IOS, sharing of apps is a no go area, unless with a work around which am sure is a route non of you will be willing to take .
Bluetooth is available but non functional (pun intended) as it cannot be used for its more primary purpose of file transfer as on other platforms. Fanboys claim security being an excuse for lock down, is the IOS more secure than BBOS? Yet without much limitations.
My Thoughts
The iPhone is a great smartphone, agreed. But it's issues I can't live with as a Nigerian who wants value for money and maximum productivity. Its not a phone for the Nigerian market, little wonder it is yet to be launched here.
Its been a while since I used my last iPhone, any iPhone user in the house should prove me wrong where necessary. But I am still searching for a reason to jump on the iPhone wagon.

(1) (Reply)

Few Months Old Gionee M2 For Sale / Tecno Camon C5 User..... Your Attention Is Needed / Wanna Teleport In The Next 10 Years? Facebook Could Make That Possible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.