Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,681 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? (17194 Views)

Oluwo Akanbi Supports The Establishment Of Fulani Ranches In Yoruba Land / Which Language Is The Most Difficult? Igbo, Yoruba Or Hausa? / Origin Of Common Nigerian Pidgin Words (i.e., Igbo, Yoruba, Or Hausa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 01, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

Ènìyàn ni mí.

I speak igbo language though because I'm partly igbo. However, I don't want anything to do with those very bitter people, hate-filled and super tribalists. They can barely make a complete sentence without referring to my part Yoruba blood, I mean one of your parent's family perp perpetually referring to you as Omo Yoluba, Ndi Yoruba etc. Meanwhile, I don't have such issues among the Yorubas Ezigbo madu means good person.
great one brogrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

Ènìyàn ni mí.

I speak igbo language though because I'm partly igbo. However, I don't want anything to do with those very bitter people, hate-filled and super tribalists. They can barely make a complete sentence without referring to my part Yoruba blood, I mean one of your parent's family perpetually referring to you as Omo Yoluba, Ndi Ofe manu etc. Meanwhile, I don't have such issues among the Yorubas Ezigbo madu means good person.
that is great bro grin
Re: To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 01, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

In other word, Ajikobi1 is from Ile Ajikobi in Ilorin. He is a son and descendant of a traitors! Lucky is great grand dad narrowly escaped beheading.
yes they are the traitors.

2 Likes

Re: To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? by Olu317(m): 6:17pm On Oct 01, 2017
abdelrahman:
he is yoruba,don't you see his name? His ancestors are among those that the ibadan beheaded when ilorin invade them,i think that is why he is fraustrated with yoruba.
I doubt it because there is no way anyone will claim what he said about Yoruba people in Kwara state. Name has nothing to do with reality online because some people are deceitful and ashamed of their ethnicity or tribe.
Re: To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? by lawani: 6:17pm On Oct 01, 2017
abdelrahman:
Ajikobi Was a muslim who escaped to ilorin when muslims were been attacked all over yoruba land. he made it to ilorin while his bro Shitta made it to sierra leone and later lagos where he built the central mosque, he was given the highest honor bey of the ottoman turks. the Ajikobi And Shitta Bey Are sons of alaafin abiodun. Also, It was an ajikobi who signed ilorin british protection agreement which is still with the family today. they have a strong claim to the ilorin traditional stool

2 Likes

Re: To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? by Ajikobi1: 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2017
abdelrahman:
descendant of weak idol worshipers ���
Re: To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
Olu317:
I doubt it because there is no way anyone will claim what he said about Yoruba people in Kwara state. Name has nothing to do with reality online because some people are deceitful and ashamed of their ethnicity or tribe.
maybe he is even impostor.
Re: To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
lawani:
Ajikobi Was a muslim who escaped to ilorin when muslims were been attacked all over yoruba land. he made it to ilorin while his bro Shitta made it to sierra leone and later lagos where he built the central mosque, he was given the highest honor bey of the ottoman turks. the Ajikobi And Shitta Bey Are sons of alaafin abiodun. Also, It was an ajikobi who signed ilorin british protection agreement which is still with the family today. they have a strong claim to the ilorin traditional stool
where is the source of your story?

1 Like

Re: To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 02, 2017
Ajikobi1:

descendant of weak idol worshipers ���
try again nigga,before the conquest of mecca,many of them were kafir,their descendants is what you are seeing in Kaaba today,if im descendant of idol worshipper,same to you too cos islam was not bore with your great fore fathers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? by Olu317(m): 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2017
abdelrahman:
maybe he is even impostor.
He is an imposter from his opinion about ILORIN enclave
Re: To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? by rhektor(m): 7:32am On Oct 07, 2017
psucc:
You misfire.
The percentage swings the other way. How many Obas are there in Kwara State if not Emir of Ilorin, etc.

The title does not change any fact. There is Ọba in Benin does that make Benin a Yoruba kingdom?
Re: To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? by step1: 10:25am On Oct 07, 2017
rhektor:

The title does not change any fact. There is Ọba in Benin does that make Benin a Yoruba kingdom?

Yes it does undecided we have so many pseudo-intellectuals in Nigeria chai !!!!

Please what is yoruba ? What is Benin ? Who are the people that make up Benin, culturally, religiously, food and language.

1 Like

Re: To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? by rhektor(m): 4:25pm On Oct 07, 2017
step1:

Please what is yoruba ? What is Benin ? Who are the people that make up Benin, culturally, religiously, food and language.

You lost it there man, you've been fed a terrible history and you have accepted it
Re: To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? by Olu317(m): 6:51pm On Oct 07, 2017
step1:

Bini is a Yoruba word for a part that Oranmiyan went on espionage and expedition. He was successful but not outrightly. He took Yoruba tradition to the place but left a son son called (Owo mi ka = Owoka), corruptly called Eweka, whose descent took the better part of the present BINI. The ancient Oba of BINI's courtyard language was Yoruba. However, all has changed and not all the tradition of Yoruba are observed because of the Indigenous people had their own traditions before Oranmiyan showed up. In recent time, Edo has come up with a new version of the tale by the moon light story by claiming the man popularly known as Odu'a as their own son. Funny enough, the man they referred to as Odu'a had a way of worshipping God in his life time. In fact. He had animal associated with his ancestors. Non of these are related to any group in Edo or the present day Nigeria. It is an insult on my ancestors for all these nonsense they write online or being peddled around by uninformed set of people wanting unnecessary attaché to my ancestors. I am a humble descendant of Oranmiyan and I get pissed off when I read all sort of stories as if some of us haven't done research on our ancestors. Edo, BINI Kingdom associate with red in all they do , but Yoruba kingly tradition of ILE IFE don't associate positivity with reddish object as such except fetishism ,ritualism and occultism unlike Edo ,BINI, precisely . These things have made Yoruba tradition, religion,culture etc different. Although, we are still related via the kingly lineage of BINI. This is the only connection as it stand. As far as I am concerned, I don't care about their decision but let them not insult my Ancestors history. Lastly, this is about Yoruba dominance in Kwara state . But the politically, it is carved with North Central, which Yoruba in general have been asking for fusion with south west part of Nigeria. I hope, very soon, this can be achieved.
Re: To You,is Kwara State A Yoruba Land Or Hausa? by Lanrebabs(m): 10:20pm On Nov 05, 2017
Am a proud Yoruba man from Kwara State, my state is 85% Yoruba, our general language is Yoruba, if you are a first time visitor to my state and you can't speak or understand Yoruba language, then just prepare for more trouble in term easy communication with the locals, lastly I wish to reiterate that there's no Hausa as an indigene of Kwara state.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, / Adetunji Becomes 41st Olubadan Of Ibadanland-the Punch / Sultan Of Sokoto Holds Meeting With Christian Leaders In Enugu For Peace & Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.