Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,689 members, 7,809,605 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Gsm-gprs Modem 4 Internet Connection - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Gsm-gprs Modem 4 Internet Connection (1176 Views)

Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? / Re: Mtn Gprs Modem(fastlink)! How To Configure / How To Use Sim Card Slot In Under The Dell Laptop Battery For Gprs Acess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gsm-gprs Modem 4 Internet Connection by kennyuche(m): 9:01am On Oct 04, 2006
Dear nairalanders, i use glo mobile and can browse tru my phone, is posible 4me to connect this phone wt a PC or laptop and stil get internet access with glo? Pls if its posible, how do i go about it. If u hav done it b4 how does it work. 2ndly,i want to kno how to identify a laptop or PC wt infrared or bluetooth or USB ports. Pls i need ur help.
Re: Gsm-gprs Modem 4 Internet Connection by twinstaiye(m): 11:49am On Oct 04, 2006
yeah it is possible to use your glo mobile phone as a gateway for your laptop computer. You just have to try it since I had not done it before. But you can get the full steps on this link. http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=650
You can identify a pc or laptop with Infrared by either asking the vendor for full specifications or simply look around its sides to see if there is any USB ports there or not. I guess you know how a USB ports look like. Besides, you can buy a infrared dongle with USB in any computer stores. That is what am using for my PC. Goodluck pal.
Re: Gsm-gprs Modem 4 Internet Connection by samo(m): 5:05pm On Oct 04, 2006
Hi Kennyuche, for your laptop you can use a gprs modem. It is a tool that fits into the side of your laptop, there is a specific slot for this at the side of your laptop. This modem comes with an installation cd and once installed you can browse from anywhere. I got mine from glo and they configured my laptop but I must tell you their charges to browse are quite on the expensive side
Re: Gsm-gprs Modem 4 Internet Connection by kennyuche(m): 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2006
Tanx guys, bt pls where do they remove their charges? Is it frm d phone or where? And what do i get on the laptop,is it a wapsite or a website?
Re: Gsm-gprs Modem 4 Internet Connection by Curiousboy(m): 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2006
kennyuche:

Dear Nairaland users, i use glo mobile and can browse tru my phone, is posible 4me to connect this phone wt a PC or laptop and stil get internet access with glo? Please if its posible, how do i go about it. If u hav done it before how does it work. 2ndly,i want to kno how to identify a laptop or PC wt infrared or bluetooth or USB ports. Please i need your help.
How much did u buy the gprs modern and and how fast is the glo link, am really interested
Re: Gsm-gprs Modem 4 Internet Connection by samo(m): 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2006
Hi kennyuche, Glo take their charges from the phone. Just the same way you load your phone with recharge card and it is used up after making calls, thats the same way they will charge you. It goes like this you fix your normal glo sim on to the gprs modem which you slot into the space provided fort it at the side of your laptop. Once you initilaize the phone a graphic phone-like interface comes up and then you can browse with it by clicking on an icon that looks like the world. You can also make phone calls thru this interface and send sms messages. However they charge 70k/kb (i think) . If you browse sites that have lots of graphics you should expect to pay quite a lot.
Re: Gsm-gprs Modem 4 Internet Connection by kennyuche(m): 7:18am On Oct 07, 2006
Tanx guys, now i blive that anytn can be obtaind on nairaland.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Reply / How Can I Clon A Computer / Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.