Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Want To Know The Cost Of Living In Cape Coast Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Want To Know The Cost Of Living In Cape Coast Ghana (2001 Views)

African Migrants Including Nigerians Stranded Off A Coast In Tunisia. Photos / Planes Crashes Into The Sea In Ivory Coast During Landing, 4 Dead (Photos) / Images That Perfectly Describe Living In Abuja!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Know The Cost Of Living In Cape Coast Ghana by chrisantus52(m): 5:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
Hello my follow nairalanders am planing to relocate to cape coast ghana for my business I need help, I want know how much it well cost me to get an apartment over there in cape coast and the cost of living.. Anybody with a perfect idea should pls help me out thanks..
Re: Want To Know The Cost Of Living In Cape Coast Ghana by abios22: 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
If you are going there for business! that is not a good idea. Their economy is relatively poor so hence cost of living is going high everyday. I schooled there for years and i could tell you, it's peaceful and nice but damn expensive especially when you don't know anybody around

1 Like

Re: Want To Know The Cost Of Living In Cape Coast Ghana by gentlebullet(m): 10:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
Just as the user above me said, Cape Coast is a cool and coastal city with tourist sites like the castle, Kakum national park, the beach and lots of resorts. If not for the University of Cape Coast and C Poly, the city is so so dry! The cost of living is high, commuting in town is expensive, accommodation and food is expensive maybe cos of the influx of tourist that do visit the city.
Am typing this from cape coast. Been here since last month for a project and its their fetu afahye(festival) went for street carnival(orange friday) this afternoon. There are lots of Nigerian students here and traders too. If only you have enough cash to run your business, then you can give it a shot but I will recommend Kumasi, Accra or even Koforidua.

1 Like

Re: Want To Know The Cost Of Living In Cape Coast Ghana by chrisantus52(m): 10:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
Ok thank u bro..
Re: Want To Know The Cost Of Living In Cape Coast Ghana by iykbethany(m): 9:17pm On Sep 05, 2015
chrisantus52:
Hello my follow nairalanders am planing to relocate to cape coast ghana for my business I need help, I want know how much it well cost me to get an apartment over there in cape coast and the cost of living.. Anybody with a perfect idea should pls help me out thanks..

The two posters above me have said it all.
If for business go to KUMASI or Accra.
If for pleasure/tourism then Cape Coast is the answer. I visit this city twice yearly, its good for vacation/holidays, but not good for business. The population is very low, its not lively like Accra and things are more expensive bc of tourists.

Generally speaking, relocating to Ghana at this time might not be a good idea, their economy is in bad shape for sometime now. Cedi is the worst performing currency in Africa last year, and i think this year too. Electricity which we claim they enjoy has gone from bad to worst. It goes off 6am and restored 6pm, thats 12 hours on and 12 hours off daily. Sometimes its worst. This has made Generator the hottest selling commodity in Ghana. So when you put all these things into consideration then you decide on what to do.

And dont forget that Nigerians are not allowed to do petty trading in Ghana. So many Nigerian shops has been closed down since the last few years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Know The Cost Of Living In Cape Coast Ghana by abios22: 9:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
I'm sure you got your answer now. Experience says it all..

Better stay home and do business that will understand than going out there and starting something new that you won't understand for sometime.

Wish you luck though.

iykbethany:

The two posters above me have said it all.
If for business go to KUMASI or Accra.
If for pleasure/tourism then Cape Coast is the answer. I visit this city twice yearly, its good for vacation/holidays, but not good for business. The population is very low, its not lively like Accra and things are more expensive bc of tourists.

Generally speaking, relocating to Ghana at this time might not be a good idea, their economy is in bad shape for sometime now. Cedi is the worst performing currency in Africa last year, and i think this year too. Electricity which we claim they enjoy has gone from bad to worst. It goes off 6am and restored 6pm, thats 12 hours on and 12 hours off daily. Sometimes its worst. This has made Generator the hottest selling commodity in Ghana. So when you put all these things into consideration then you decide on what to do.

And dont forget that Nigerians are not allowed to do petty trading in Ghana. So many Nigerian shops has been closed down since the last few years.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Top 4 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria / What Are The Differences Between Visa, Residential Permit And A Work Permit? / Canadian Express Entry In A Nut-shell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.