Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,652 members, 7,958,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:29 AM

Of Buhari’s Body Language And Jonathan’s Legacies - The FCT Post - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Of Buhari’s Body Language And Jonathan’s Legacies - The FCT Post (726 Views)

Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey / APC Now Riding On Jonathan’s Legacies. Pictures. / President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Of Buhari’s Body Language And Jonathan’s Legacies - The FCT Post by ojdollars(m): 6:22am On Sep 05, 2015
Its not mere extremism that makes folks at the fringes so troubling; it’s extremism
wedded to false beliefs. Humans have long been dupes, easily gulled by rumors and flat-out lies.

~Jeffrey Kluger

The political extremist just like the religious counterpart is an interesting fellow. He is irrational, self conceited, crude, a liar, uncompromising, emotionally subjective and an irredeemable hypocrite. You must view opinions from the narrow prism of his affiliation or you become the enemy. His political god/party is the alpha and omega and you must bow to their whims and caprices. Any divergent view about him or his tin god must be strongly resisted and condemned. A “fatwa” is immediately passed on you if you call his political god out to scrutiny. Outright lies and propaganda’s are used to promote his political god image and also rubbish the opposing camp.

A regular and observant user of the social media especially in the last few years will notice the emergence of this new brand of cyber extremist. However, between the extremes are a group of objective and patriotic Nigerians who say the truth no matter whose ox is gored nor the political divide they belong. However, the extremist continue to devise means especially subtle blackmail and mind games to draw members of this group to their camp. Before the inauguration of this new govt, I already knew the change direction in the social media. The “defend anything the govt does” extremist will change to “criticize anything the govt does” and vice versa.

I expected celebration of mediocrity which is consistent with many political extremists in Nigeria. I was shocked when those who were very vocal against celebrating mediocrity suddenly turned to champions of mediocrity. I was disappointed when I saw friends who set high standards for politicians, now pointing to frivolities for us to celebrate: Partisanship is an ass. I believe the most stupid thing I have seen so far was the use of Jonathan’s antecedents (good and bad) to justify Buhari’s decision in govt especially by those who called the last administration clueless, corrupt, inept and a disaster. Walahi! Hypocrisy is a Nigerian.

At the twilight of the Jonathan administration, the nation suffered epileptic power supply and nationwide fuel scarcity. The epileptic power supply was attributed to drop in power generation due to sabotage of facilities while the fuel scarcity was due to oil marketers holding the nation to ransom over non-payment of forex balance on fuel subsidy. Few weeks after the new govt was inaugurated, there was increase in power supply in most parts of the country. The NNPC also announced that two of Nigeria’s refineries will begin operation in July.

The news broke the Nigeria sphere of internet. The political extremist had a field day celebrating/defending/rationalizing/undermining the new development according to political divide. The Buhari supporters attributed the changes to the new govt while the Jonathan’s supporters countered the claims that how can a govt who claimed they met an empty treasury, yet to form a cabinet nor approved any contract to buy even spanner take credit for increased power and our crude oil refinery coming back to life.

They attributed the changes to Jonathan’s transformation legacy in the petroleum sector and gains of power privatization. The Buhari supporters again countered these claims wondering why the changes are manifesting after Jonathan left office hence attributing the changes to Buhari’s Body Language. Interestingly the ruling APC has adopted the Body Language Theory. You dare not ask why the body language and legacies phenomenon is only effective in areas where there is positive outcome but blame shifted when the outcome is negative.

Two news item caught my attention this week. Warri refinery shut down due to lack of maintenance and vandalism. In another news, power generation reduced by over 1000 megawatts due to maintenance, vandalism and shut down of some power plants. And guess what? The Body Language and Transformation Legacies ambassadors are nowhere to be found. If Body Language and legacies were responsible for increased power supply and revival of our refinery, what then is responsible for the shutdown of Warri refinery and decrease in power generation?

Political extremist are the greatest enemies to their principals, they tell lies and spread propaganda which will later catch up with their principals, they create unnecessary enemies for their principal by their disgusting behavior and extreme views and make governance look like a child’s play by making headlines and hyping so called achievements of their principal. Governance will continue to look like a joke if they continue to hold sway, the nation will continue to be on a jolly ride to nowhere as long as they continue to to have the ears of their principal.

Only the unblemished truth can set a people free and bring true change. It is high time men of reason, truth and those who have the nation at heart picked the gauntlet and determine the narratives especially in the social media and send the extremist to oblivion. If you doubt me, engage the political extremist in an intellectual discourse and be vigilant not to be lured into his pig fight, he will get bored and scamper tail between his legs.

Source: http://www.fctpost.com/2015/09/05/of-buharis-body-language-and-jonathans-legacies/

CC: Lalasticlala - Front Page please

4 Likes

Re: Of Buhari’s Body Language And Jonathan’s Legacies - The FCT Post by chocolateme(f): 6:22am On Sep 05, 2015
There is a limit to what man can do PERIOD.
Re: Of Buhari’s Body Language And Jonathan’s Legacies - The FCT Post by Tkester: 6:26am On Sep 05, 2015
God bless the author of this beautiful literature, it's a masterpiece. Something that characterizes the APC - is the fact that they are LIARS!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Of Buhari’s Body Language And Jonathan’s Legacies - The FCT Post by fitzmayowa: 6:27am On Sep 05, 2015
This is a great piece and very thought provoking...

1 Like

Re: Of Buhari’s Body Language And Jonathan’s Legacies - The FCT Post by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 05, 2015
SO @OP what do u want us to do with this ur write up? rise against BUHARI for him to resign or rise for Jonathan to be probe? listen my friend there are no governmental tenure that is not with fault. "Jonathan's tenure were not pure so is Buhari's tenure wont be pure but the realistic agenda is we take the good and forget about the evil that everybody goes happy.
Re: Of Buhari’s Body Language And Jonathan’s Legacies - The FCT Post by agabaI23(m): 6:38am On Sep 05, 2015
Front page ooi

Lalasticlala
Masterpiece oo
Masterpieces
Re: Of Buhari’s Body Language And Jonathan’s Legacies - The FCT Post by Bevista: 7:01am On Sep 05, 2015
Tkester:
God bless the author of this beautiful literature, it's a masterpiece. Something that characterizes the APC - is the fact that they are LIARS!
The writer criticized both sides for their extreme and irrational support of their "political gods". Yet, in tryin to be clever by half, you come here to criticize only APC - which ends up putting you in the category of extreme bigots the writer was referring to.
Re: Of Buhari’s Body Language And Jonathan’s Legacies - The FCT Post by yanabasee(m): 7:03am On Sep 05, 2015
Sai baba.
Sai Dauran-slow poke.
Sai I wail pass you.
Sai naija on one chance.
Sai I will probe the probables.
Sai I have lied and will keep lying.
Sai I be hypocrite.
Sai I corrupt pass GEJ.
Sai Amaechi cannot be probe.
Sai Atiku is a saint.
Sai Tinubu no sabi play politics.
Sai OBJ is Allah's grandchild.
Sai tongue grin

2 Likes

Re: Of Buhari’s Body Language And Jonathan’s Legacies - The FCT Post by nnachukz(m): 7:23am On Sep 05, 2015
The unhealthy support is more on APC side.
Re: Of Buhari’s Body Language And Jonathan’s Legacies - The FCT Post by MizMyColi(f): 7:24am On Sep 05, 2015
undecided
Succinctly put and thought provoking.
Those who have been blessed with sense and a brain should put them to use.

Personally I think it affects all sides of the divide.
Supporting a politician or a cause can sometimes lead us to becoming unwilling sycophants.
Re: Of Buhari’s Body Language And Jonathan’s Legacies - The FCT Post by ERODEDEAST(f): 7:25am On Sep 05, 2015
I've been saying this and I will continue to say this.

"JEST OF GOVERNANCE"
Re: Of Buhari’s Body Language And Jonathan’s Legacies - The FCT Post by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 7:48am On Sep 05, 2015
Hypypcrisy is not only Nigerian but also a member of APC
Re: Of Buhari’s Body Language And Jonathan’s Legacies - The FCT Post by Mznaett: 8:10am On Sep 05, 2015
Oh my! How long must I educate these APC-terrorists that no one of them can raise a point of disorder when one point of order is being raised?undecided

Buhari is an Autocratic leader and also an extremist..Well,this is Nigeria where the minority would only have a say while the majority would always have the way.
Re: Of Buhari’s Body Language And Jonathan’s Legacies - The FCT Post by Dosinspector(m): 8:31am On Sep 05, 2015
Buhari's body language abi body odour tins
Re: Of Buhari’s Body Language And Jonathan’s Legacies - The FCT Post by Sanchez01: 8:35am On Sep 05, 2015
Hypocrisy or not, every man is worth a trial. Jonathan's incompetence far outweighs his good sides. A man who never stopped lying each time he comes face-to-lens with the media. I am ready to criticise this government but I would not hastily conclude this administration is all lies. A government barely 4 months in office and the PDP goons are already expecting it to achieve what GEJ's president failed to achieve in 6 years.

While I'd say that the APC has no clear philosophy, the person of MB/PYO puts my mind to rest in carrying out the task confronting them.

All through Jonathan's campaign, I saw a man who knew he had failed but not man enough to say "no more!" I saw a man being motivated by his wife, thieving, selfish, lying ministers cum politicians whose only interest was keeping their shares of the National cake. That Nigerians are here today is the handiwork of Jonathan, his cronies and the complacency of the PDP.

I'd rather prefer to have the body language of Buhari make things happen than allow the cluelessness of Jonathan run the affairs of Nigeria. It's no longer business as usual. Wailers can wail for as long as they want to.

Better to have a man who is interested in Nigeria than one who is interested because his ND kinsmen are all out to protect their jumbo cakes.

NB: In the end, we shall say all is well that ends well.

(1) (Reply)

Country Of Western Nigeria Is For Ever Commited To All 12 Republic Of USSR / Boko Haram Invades DSS Office, Kidnappers Attack Police / Bad Governments Cannot Meet UN Goals – Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.