Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Is This How Religion Will Die? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This How Religion Will Die? (3593 Views)

Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? / How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. / The Strong Man Of Religion Will Be Destroyed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This How Religion Will Die? by Mynd44: 10:42am On Sep 05, 2015
It is the year 7039, the sun can no longer function properly and going supernova but there are spaceships to take humans to the planet Zenoid which is the closest of the planets that are habitable.

But the spaceships were developed by Atheists who believe that if people had taken their warning seriously, there won't be a mad rush to evacuate humans hence there is a law that prohibits any religious text on board.

No religious text on planet Zenoid, religion dies for mankind.

Don't insult my mother.

1 Like

Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by hijacke(m): 10:45am On Sep 05, 2015
Wat ?

2 Likes

Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Norenal(f): 10:47am On Sep 05, 2015
yea religion z manmade n all... but that doesn't mean dere z no CREATOR.
So religion can actually go away but not d LAWS OF GOD!!!
Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by TaoBalinga: 10:47am On Sep 05, 2015
Lemme read
Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by sonmvayina(m): 11:09am On Sep 05, 2015
7079 Is too far...me thinks by this time next year..it will all be gone.

1 Like

Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by UjSizzle(f): 11:19am On Sep 05, 2015
Oluwamynd, na so craze dey start.
Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by tartar9(m): 11:34am On Sep 05, 2015
warris dis you are a shame to atheism angry

2 Likes

Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Eniqurl(f): 11:35am On Sep 05, 2015
7039 lipsrsealed
Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Mynd44: 11:37am On Sep 05, 2015
UjSizzle:
Oluwamynd, na so craze dey start.
Movie plot actually
Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
I don't see it like that. Humans will always believe in a deity except human rights are neglected. Let me show you what could happen if it happens. I'm drawing this from how Islam operates.

The religionists will agree to the deal. They will not display any religious placard or any sign of it around. An atheist nation will, like Sweden, operate with the principle of humanism. Life's and their choices matter. The religionists work their way gently and peacefully and populate the planet. A silent conspiracy against the state will be in progress amongst all the religions. And numbers matter. Then an election is held and their person is elected since they have the numbers. And we are back to where we were.

The only way this will work is the establishment of a despotic and autocratic government in your Zenoid. As long as their is democracy the world will never cling on one side.

1 Like

Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by johnydon22(m): 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2015
Op

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Mynd44: 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
Reyginus:
I don't see it like that. Humans will always believe in a deity except human rights are neglected. Let me show you what could happen if it happens. I'm drawing this from how Islam operates.

The religionists will agree to the deal. They will not display any religious placard or any signs of it around. An atheist nation will, like Sweden, operate with the principle of humanism. Life's and their choices matter. The religionists work their way gently and peacefully and populate the planet. A silent conspiracy against the state will be in progress amongst all the religions. And numbers matter. Then an election is held and their person is elected since they have the numbers. And we are back to where we were.

The only way this will work is the establishment of a despotic and autocratic government in your Zenoid. As long as their is democracy the world will never cling on one side.
Of course it will start off as autocratic it might change as time goes into something a wee bit democratic though
Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by kevoh(m): 12:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
De quoi parle-t-il?/ undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 05, 2015
Mynd44:

Of course it will start off as autocratic it might change as time goes into something a wee bit democratic though
Whats the difference then? Once democracy steps in everybody buys an opinion. Once we listen to everybody chaos step in. The new system is back to the old system.
Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Mynd44: 12:39pm On Sep 05, 2015
Reyginus:
Whats the difference then? Once democracy steps in everybody buys an opinion. Once we listen to everybody chaos step in. The new system is back to the old system.
The translation from autocracy to democracy might take two or three generations
Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Gombs(m): 12:42pm On Sep 05, 2015
The OP reminds me of Obadiah777 grin grin

I hope that's a movie, or more conveniently, a joke.
Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 05, 2015
Mynd44:

The translation from autocracy to democracy might take two or three generations
Yes. But then the original goal is defeated.
Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
Gombs:

Obadiah777 is a crazy pastor. I miss him.

1 Like

Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Mynd44: 12:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
Gombs:

Obadiah was a clown.

This is more like base research for a movie script or at least a book
Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Gombs(m): 3:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
Reyginus:
Obadiah777 is a crazy pastor. I miss him.

Mynd44:

Obadiah was a clown.
This is more like base research for a movie script or at least a book

Obadiah777 was something else... A guy in his own league.

Mynd44... Why am I thinking like the movie or book is more like Obadiah777's school of thought?
Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by plaetton: 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2015
Reyginus:
C'mon guys.
We know from recent history that knowledge and enlightenment is what kills god and religion.

Every new generation, even in the failed States of Africa, is exposed to more knowledge about the mechanics of the universe than their parents.
As each new generation depend on science and scientific rationlism to understand and deal existentential realities, there will be corresponding degradation of religious beliefs, myths and worldviews.

So, two things to watch out for in the future that stand to eventually slay god and religion.
These are science and economic wellbeing.

For example, Nigeria's religious craze has everything to do with our very poor science educational system as well as non progressive economic policies that doesn't empower the majority of citizens.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
plaetton:

C'mon guys.
We know from recent history that knowledge and enlightenment is what kills god and religion.

Every new generation, even in the failed States of Africa, is exposed to more knowledge about the mechanics of the universe than their parents.
As each new generation depend on science and scientific rationlism to understand and deal existentential realities, there will be corresponding degradation of religious beliefs, myths and worldviews.

So, two things to watch out for in the future that stand to eventually slay god and religion.
These are science and economic wellbeing.

For example, Nigeria's religious craze has everything to do with our very poor science educational system as well as non progressive economic policies that doesn't empower the majority of citizens.
So it is also poor science affecting the theist's in Europe and all industrialized nation? I will advice you start paying attention to Noetic sciences. You will learn more.

4 Likes

Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Mynd44: 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2015
Reyginus:
So it is also poor science affecting the theist's in Europe and all industrialized nation? I will advice you start paying attention to Noetic sciences. You will learn more.
Noetic science...nice
Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by plaetton: 4:56pm On Sep 05, 2015
Reyginus:
In Europe, religion is more of a default culture rather than an actual belief system.
Aside from the babyboomer generation and their parents, you can hardly find any current generation of Europeans who believes in the historicity and or inerrancy of the bible and biblical stories, even though they might still describe themselves as christians.

Compare that with Nigeria and Africa, where, despite even a university education, christians still believe that invisible god created the universe in six days 6000yrs ago.

In America, despite leading the world in scientific achievements, there still exists a great divide between the scientifically enlightened secularists and the less educated, scientifically half literate, and the economically poor that still cling on to religious fables and myths as their own anchor.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by plaetton: 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
^^^
So, there is indisputable inverse corrolation between economic wellbeing, solid scientific education, democratic freedoms, social harmony and attachment to religious beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
plaetton:

In Europe, religion is more of a default culture rather than an actual belief system.
Aside from the babyboomer generation and their parents, you can hardly find any current generation of Europeans who believes in the historicity and or inerrancy of the bible and biblical stories, even though they might still describe themselves as christians.

Compare that with Nigeria and Africa, where, despite even a university education, christians still believe that invisible god created the universe in six days 6000yrs ago.

In America, despite leading the world in scientific achievements, there still exists a great divide between the scientifically enlightened secularists and the less educated, scientifically half literate, and the economically poor that still cling on to religious fables and myths as their own anchor.
You don't really get it. The powers in control of the universe will never allow religion to die. It will never die. Religion is a tool for power and control, if you try to kill it you will end up creating another form of it.

Religion will never die. I think you should be looking outside science and consider every other aspect of existence. The men who control what we read and believe will make sure. Their must always be a psychological food to keep the masses in check.

2 Likes

Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
Mynd44:
Noetic science...nice
Yes, it is happening. Forget Dan Brown.
Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2015
plaetton:
^^^
So, there is indisputable inverse corrolation between economic wellbeing, solid scientific education, democratic freedoms, social harmony and attachment to religious beliefs.
You don't get it. Maybe you carry a very simple understanding of this world. The world is too complex. Nothing is really as it seems. Thrysmargistus will say As Above So Below, As Within so Without, etc.

The powers that be are privy to every knowledge of this world and religion is the main hold. You should stretch beyond your understanding of religion now.
Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by plaetton: 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2015
Reyginus:
I will advice you start paying attention to Noetic sciences. You will learn more.

My dear sir Reyginus,
You know I respect you.

But the above statement showcases the problem with the black man.

We tend to go for and settle for the LESSER of everything.
In your own case, Why bother with the rigors and complexities of empirical science when can settle with the less rigorous, lazy copout called Noetic sciences.

You see, You have unwittinggly made my case for me.
How do you compare Noetic science to empirical science?
What exactly has Noetic sciences given to the human cause?

Have you, as an African, rigorously extracted all that is possible from empirical science, before you begin to look beyond it?

Your reference to Noetic sciences is just the usual intellectual copout,.. The bane of Africa 's scientific underachievements.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by plaetton: 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
Reyginus:
You don't get it. Maybe you carry a very simple understanding of this world. The world is too complex. Nothing is really as it seems. Thrysmargistus will say As Above So Below, As Within so Without, etc.

The powers that be are privy to every knowledge of this world and religion is the main hold. You should stretch beyond your understanding of religion now.

Nonsense.

Deal with the simple measurable issues of the universe before you contemplate on the abstract mysteries of the universe.

For example, a solid background in mathematics prepares ones mind and gives one a broad perspective with which to recognise patterns and repeating patterns in all aspects of life and nature.

This becomes the tool with which to move forward in trying to understand more complex abstract mysteries.

You cannot ever grasp your so called Noetic sciences if you don't have a solid education in mathematics, psychology, anthropology and plain ol physics.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
plaetton:

My dear sir Reyginus,
You know I respect you.

But the above statement showcases the problem with the black man.

We tend to go for and settle for the LESSER of everything.
In your own case, Why bother with the rigors and complexities of empirical science when can settle with the less rigorous, lazy copout called Noetic sciences.

You see, You have unwittinggly made my case for me.
How do you compare Noetic science to empirical science?
What exactly has Noetic sciences given to the human cause?

Have you, as an African, rigorously extracted all that is possible from empirical science, before you begin to look beyond it?

Your reference to Noetic sciences is just the usual intellectual copout,.. The bane of Africa 's scientific underachievements.
Lololol. You see, there was a time I used to argue all day with you guys and I kept learning. Everything. Spirituality, Symbolism, Science, Philosophy. Everything. Then I came to realise we know nothing. Nothing.

If knowledge of what is true is rated over a hundred we are still in 0.000000001. Since then I like to be quiet. Normally I don't mention that science to anyone but I am doing you a favor. That's if you are actually a truth seeker and not an atheist. I will not talk about it.
Re: Is This How Religion Will Die? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 05, 2015
plaetton:

Nonsense.

Deal with the simple measurable issues of the universe before you contemplate on the abstract mysteries of the universe.

For example, a solid background in mathematics prepares ones mind and gives one a broad perspective with which to recognise patterns and repeating patterns in all aspects of life and nature.
You still don't get it. What you call the simple things are actually the mysteries of the universe. You think they are simple but they are not. Religion is very powerful. Godfather's of science know this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Christian Man Marry More Than One Wife / Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? / Man Visits Heaven And Meets God!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.