Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

The SEO Wars --- Are Nigerian Bloggers Getting It All Wrong? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The SEO Wars --- Are Nigerian Bloggers Getting It All Wrong? (1529 Views)

Top 5 Things Nigerian Bloggers Shouldn't Bring To 2018 / 5 Hot Niches Nigerian Bloggers Underrate -Techinfo / The Truths About Blogging: My 2 Cents To Wannabe Nigerian Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The SEO Wars --- Are Nigerian Bloggers Getting It All Wrong? by oteneaaron(m): 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
I'm going not to say too much...... .... there is something happening that it's either we don't want to admit it, or we just tend to ignore it...

Are Nigerian Web designers, SEO experts and Internet marketers getting it all wrong?

You know when it comes to ranking SEO companies in the world....it saddens me that no Nigerian company has ranked at all...I was on a blog

the other day.. and the writer said --- " India is the only developing Country to have SEO companies that ranked high on TOPSEOS.COM

monthly ranking" ( i don"t have the link anymore.... u can check it out on google)

Are we getting it all wrong?

You know, when it comes to search engine optimization, they are the whitehat and blackhat nethods....

The whitehat methods may include---

--- Standard keyword saturation

-- Backlinking strategy-- which includes, blog commenting, forum marketing, social media marketing, guest blogging etc...

-- Video marketing

--on-page SEO

-- Analysing your Competitors backlinks...

I'm not discussing the blackhat methods...cos, they're discouraged.

Here in Nigeria, bloggers both new and intending do not always realize the need for good SEO and even if they do, they over Optimize their Blogs.

We don't comment on other blogs...some will say : " wetin concern me and that guy blog?..why i go de comment for anoda person

blog?" they say this without knowing that commenting on Blogs wih niches related to theirs will give them strong backlinks......

Can we ever push our SEO prowess beyond the webspace shore of Naija?..... I believe we can, the solution.. is to---

--Practice and keep practicing ( after all..Lagos wasn't built in a day )

-- Engage with other bloggers ( the more blog owners you interact with, the better your SEO skills become)

-- Be realistic with your expectation of results ( You can"t rank first page on Google or any other search engine overnight)

-- ask questions if you're stuck ( you know the proverb ... a man who asks for directions.......)

We can win the SEO war here in Nigeria...

Do you have any other well known world standard SEO practice we Nigerians are getting wrong?

please share and lets discuss the solutions...
Re: The SEO Wars --- Are Nigerian Bloggers Getting It All Wrong? by topblogger12(f): 3:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
Well in my opinion.. I think Nigerian Bloggers don't really care about SEO and the blog Niche of most Nigerian bloggers is more of Entertainment and celeb gossip...and Less of more professional-well paying SEO Niche's.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The SEO Wars --- Are Nigerian Bloggers Getting It All Wrong? by oteneaaron(m): 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2015
topblogger12:
Well in my opinion.. I think Nigerian Bloggers don't really care about SEO and the blog Niche of most Nigerian bloggers is more of Entertainment and celeb gossip...and Less of more professional-well paying SEO Niche's.

I think you're right..... not every Nigerian blogger knows that they should blog on a particular Niche.....
Re: The SEO Wars --- Are Nigerian Bloggers Getting It All Wrong? by cheavroi(m): 8:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
Google wants to make money but as long as there are not enough people who go online to search online, the SEO war will not be won totally. This is because Google will not enforce its own algorithm otherwise they will not get people to visit the already existing website. So rather than do a full implementation, they will only be implementing it in part until the industry is ripe.

The businesses, webmasters and bloggers who will win the war eventually are those who starts early now. As someone who runs an SEO agency, I am already starting a blog in virtually all niche.

If you understand SEO, I think you should get started now so you can dominate your industry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The SEO Wars --- Are Nigerian Bloggers Getting It All Wrong? by oteneaaron(m): 10:03pm On Sep 05, 2015
cheavroi:
Google wants to make money but as long as there are not enough people who go online to search online, the SEO war will not be won totally. This is because Google will not enforce its own algorithm otherwise they will not get people to visit the already existing website. So rather than do a full implementation, they will only be implementing it in part until the industry is ripe.

The businesses, webmasters and bloggers who will win the war eventually are those who starts early now. As someone who runs an SEO agency, I am already starting a blog in virtually all niche.

If you understand SEO, I think you should get started now so you can dominate your industry.

True... i agree with you about Starting early... I also offer SEO services too...but you know the Nigerian factor---- Some business owners don't even see the need to Optimize their website for Search Engines.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The SEO Wars --- Are Nigerian Bloggers Getting It All Wrong? by 2sex(m): 12:47am On Sep 06, 2015
oteneaaron:

True... i agree with you about Starting early... I also offer SEO services too...but you know the Nigerian factor---- Some business owners don't even see the need to Optimize their website for Search Engines.
lol. I understand your pain.
Re: The SEO Wars --- Are Nigerian Bloggers Getting It All Wrong? by topblogger12(f): 10:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
2sex:
lol. I understand your pain.

true....lol
Re: The SEO Wars --- Are Nigerian Bloggers Getting It All Wrong? by cheavroi(m): 8:23am On Sep 08, 2015
oteneaaron:

I understand. As someone who has been offering SEO Services for 3yrs now, I now where you coming from.

But here is the good news, lots of business are beginning to see the usefulness of SEO and are ready to come onboard. Unfortunately real SEO is not cheap and how many businesses can afford to pay a monthly fee in Nigeria where doing business is not easy.

But I know that as more people go online and the industry grows, it will make more sense.

You can join my SEO West Africa group on Linkedin. The idea is to start promoting the service

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The SEO Wars --- Are Nigerian Bloggers Getting It All Wrong? by oteneaaron(m): 10:45am On Sep 08, 2015
cheavroi:

I understand. As someone who has been offering SEO Services for 3yrs now, I now where you coming from.

But here is the good news, lots of business are beginning to see the usefulness of SEO and are ready to come onboard. Unfortunately real SEO is not cheap and how many businesses can afford to pay a monthly fee in Nigeria where doing business is not easy.

But I know that as more people go online and the industry grows, it will make more sense.

You can join my SEO West Africa group on Linkedin. The idea is to start promoting the service
Thanks for your comment....could you give me a link to the linkedin group?....i would like to join my felow SEO comrades...
Re: The SEO Wars --- Are Nigerian Bloggers Getting It All Wrong? by DMLords: 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2015
I don't think there is a better avenue to say this than during the 'convention' of blog owners and operators.....

True, guest post is a very good way to go about publicizing your blog. It is even better if the guest writer would offer to publicize the blog on social media and even get you some back links, mentions and likes...

Anyways, I will write articles for your blog and share them on social media. I need not say that the articles will be great ones, original, SEOptimized and reader-friendly because you know they will be.

So give me a try.... wink

Thank you op for the audience and pardon me for seemingly derailing..

Re: The SEO Wars --- Are Nigerian Bloggers Getting It All Wrong? by cheavroi(m): 5:31pm On Sep 08, 2015
oteneaaron:

Thanks for your comment....could you give me a link to the linkedin group?....i would like to join my felow SEO comrades...

Here is the linkhttps://www.linkedin.com/groups/SEO-Experts-in-West-Africa-8307152/about. We be glad to have you join us
Re: The SEO Wars --- Are Nigerian Bloggers Getting It All Wrong? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
Some people don't realy need SEO like dat sef, just do the little by adding your site to google/bing and follow their simple instructions of optimizing your site then focus on Facebook Ads.

No be traffic you dey fine?... This is one is okay to me...

SEO SEO SEO... When Google figure out una dey take dem take dey chop they will turn the table, same thing Facebook did.
Re: The SEO Wars --- Are Nigerian Bloggers Getting It All Wrong? by oteneaaron(m): 6:41pm On Sep 08, 2015
0luwajuwon:
Some people don't realy need SEO like dat sef, just do the little by adding your site to google/bing and follow their simple instructions of optimizing your site then focus on Facebook Ads.

No be traffic you dey fine?... This is one is okay to me...

SEO SEO SEO... When Google figure out una dey take dem take dey chop they will turn the table, same thing Facebook did.

As u de hustle traffic .....so u no want make your blog page rank for search engines abi.....
Re: The SEO Wars --- Are Nigerian Bloggers Getting It All Wrong? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
oteneaaron:

As u de hustle traffic .....so u no want make your blog page rank for search engines abi.....
Read my post again, i said do the little you can by adding your site to google or bing and follow their optimization procedures. No kill your self dey go spend money on SEO Again rather use it on Facebook Ads.. Its an idea, some people who understand my point will adopt it.

I KNOW SOME ENTERTAINMENT/DOWNLOAD SITES THAT GETS HIGH RANK IN GOOGLE...
Re: The SEO Wars --- Are Nigerian Bloggers Getting It All Wrong? by oteneaaron(m): 10:44pm On Sep 08, 2015
0luwajuwon:
Read my post again, i said do the little you can by adding your site to google or bing and follow their optimization procedures. No kill your self dey go spend money on SEO Again rather use it on Facebook Ads.. Its an idea, some people who understand my point will adopt it.

I KNOW SOME ENTERTAINMENT/DOWNLOAD SITES THAT GETS HIGH RANK IN GOOGLE...
Pardon me.....i get u now.......
But in as much as spending money on ads is good...SEO is never to be avoided...... SEO is the very soul of the internet.....

Thanks for the comment...
Re: The SEO Wars --- Are Nigerian Bloggers Getting It All Wrong? by crankie(m): 5:43am On Sep 08, 2019
I know this thread was created in 2015, but I want to put it to you that SEO companies were already ranking then.

One of those companies is Crank Digital. They write and publish good articles on SEO. You can check it out on their SEO blog.

Thank me later. smiley

(1) (Reply)

c medics is a scammer / How To Manage the Sudden Disappearance of a Website from Google SERPs / $20 Paypal Funds Available At 310/$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.