Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Has The Christian Population In Nigeria Increased? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has The Christian Population In Nigeria Increased? (1449 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Nigerian Population Is 50% Muslim, 40% Christian, Whats The Other 10%? Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has The Christian Population In Nigeria Increased? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2009
I noticed that in the last last decade or so the no of churches has increased by more than 10,000%.The question am asking here is has the percentage of christians in Nigeria increased likewise or are we merely interested in reconverting our fellow christians.
Re: Has The Christian Population In Nigeria Increased? by hymnha(m): 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2009
Your question is a critical one. The question of increased christian population, i think, should not be a matter for consideration but how the kingdom will expand should be our concern
Re: Has The Christian Population In Nigeria Increased? by okgerald(m): 1:58am On Apr 05, 2009
protestants want to conert catholics while Jehova witnesses wants to convert olumba olumba and cherubim wants to convert whatever,
Re: Has The Christian Population In Nigeria Increased? by manmustwac(m): 8:51am On Apr 05, 2009
chukwudi44:

I noticed that in the last last decade or so the no of churches has increased by more than 10,000%.The question am asking here is has the percentage of christians in Nigeria increased likewise or are we merely interested in reconverting our fellow christians.
Its all to do with poverty. The harder life gets and poverty increases the more churches spring up to take advange of the situation in the name of salvation
Re: Has The Christian Population In Nigeria Increased? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 05, 2009
Honestly I dont think there is any joy in heaven when a christian moves from church A to church B.I think the emphasis should be in spreading christianity even to the seat of the caliphate and other places still under muslim control.Last time I checked in wikipedia Nigeria's muslim population was put at 50%,while that of christians was 46%

(1) (Reply)

What did Muhammad say about Satan? / BIBLE STUDY: Be Glad When People Mock You Because You Are Serving God (matthew 5 / Dr Sign Fireman Hits The Front Page Of News Papers In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.