Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

How Come The Word Rapture Is Never Mentioned In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Come The Word Rapture Is Never Mentioned In The Bible? (1454 Views)

Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran / Jesus Has Come the second time And Gone!!! (see Evidence) / Vision: The Great Tribulation Has Begun. Rapture Is Imminent! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come The Word Rapture Is Never Mentioned In The Bible? by blackcypha(m): 6:57pm On Jan 18, 2010
I have searched the whole bible and never saw the word rapture,
how come xtians believe in it ?
No it does not appear in the scriptures because there will not be a "rapture".
The escape rapture teaching came about through Edward Irving in the early 1800;s
after a woman by the name of Margaret McDonald had a vision while in a trance in spring of 1830 in Port-Glasgow,Scotland. It was then promoted by Schofield , Darby, and their cronies.
according to conservative evangelicals,there is absolutely no record of this heretic doctrine EVER being taught or even mentioned prior to that time. Up until that time the scriptural truth of the saints going throught the tribulation was taught.so why do xtians beleive in it?
Re: How Come The Word Rapture Is Never Mentioned In The Bible? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2010
blackcypha:

I have searched the whole bible and never saw the word rapture,
how come xtians believe in it ?
No it does not appear in the scriptures because there will not be a "rapture".
The escape rapture teaching came about through Edward Irving in the early 1800;s

after a woman by the name of Margaret McDonald had a vision while in a trance in spring of 1830 in Port-Glasgow,Scotland. It was then promoted by Schofield , Darby, and their cronies.
there is absolutely no record of this heretic doctrine EVER being taught or even mentioned prior to that time. Up until that time the scriptural truth of the saints going throught the tribulation was taught. See and properly understand Matthew 24.

I am open for dicussion,

Doesnt sound like you're "open" for discussion.
Re: How Come The Word Rapture Is Never Mentioned In The Bible? by blackcypha(m): 10:08am On Jan 20, 2010
I am cuz av modified the thread,
Re: How Come The Word Rapture Is Never Mentioned In The Bible? by LordReed(m): 12:59am On Jan 21, 2010
In ur search did u read 1 Thess. 4:13-5:10?
Re: How Come The Word Rapture Is Never Mentioned In The Bible? by Mavenb0x(m): 3:07am On Jan 21, 2010
Lord_Reed:

In your search did u read 1 Thess. 4:13-5:10?

No, sir. The only place the OP checked was the hollow space between his own ears. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Come The Word Rapture Is Never Mentioned In The Bible? by blackcypha(m): 10:51am On Jan 22, 2010
paul was talking about s/tin else when he said caught up!,
this is another case of greek translators of the bible makin anoda translatonal blunder, i will explain this later
Re: How Come The Word Rapture Is Never Mentioned In The Bible? by blackcypha(m): 8:38pm On Jan 30, 2010

wtf ako,
Re: How Come The Word Rapture Is Never Mentioned In The Bible? by Joagbaje(m): 3:41pm On Feb 01, 2010
Rapture is an english word which means "caught up" or to catch up. ofcourse you wont find the word "Rapture" in kjv but the word "caught up"but the event is in several places in the bible.

1 Thes. 4:17
Then we which are alive and remain shall be[b] caught up[/b] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Enoch was the first to be caught up or raptured.

Genesis 5:24
And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

The next person was Elijah and next was Christ and now the next person is me. So you should be more concerned about the event than the grammar.
Re: How Come The Word Rapture Is Never Mentioned In The Bible? by mabell: 10:23am On Feb 03, 2010
Lord_Reed:

In your search did u read 1 Thess. 4:13-5:10?

I dont think he searched, I think he over heared someone say so rather.
Re: How Come The Word Rapture Is Never Mentioned In The Bible? by blackcypha(m): 1:26pm On Feb 10, 2010
@mavenbox
is not a cool way to respond,

(1) (Reply)

Do You Ever Had An Itchy Palms Whenever You Want To Spend Or Receive Money? / Is God The Enemy Of Logic / His Dis Scriptural Or How Do Christian Come About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.