Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum (65858 Views)

Nemitari Ajienka Is The Son Of Joseph Atubokiki Ajienka, Ex UNIPORT VC / Reinstated UNIPORT VC, Professor Lale Makes Grand Entry / Blind, Battered & Broke: Meet Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A L (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by MrsAnyanwu(f): 6:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
A professor? My God what is this? This country ......
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by ignis: 6:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
The problem should be more of spiritual than physical.

5 Likes

Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by loomer: 6:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
kodlins:

It'd not so much about stealing. A professor gets his payment till death.
Also, as a former VC, his gratuities is in millions. Something must have gone wrong somewhere.

Much learning does not bring Joy. Only God can

True talk, but what if his salary was not so much, it's been so long u know
michaeltosu:

WILL U JXT SHUT THE Bleep UP
Ode, u think say I get ur time?
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by loomer: 6:22pm On Sep 06, 2015
[quote author=Winning123 post=37737175][/quote]
Cow
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by eaglechild: 6:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
The story doesn't add up.
Professors retire with their salaries as pension.
This may be a case of depression.
He requires psychiatric evaluation.

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by san316(m): 6:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
I hope say no be those small small "God punish this lecturer" Wey student dey talk don dey catch the prof.

This matter no ordinary gan.
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by skelewu404(m): 6:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
zinachidi:
lol, abi ool, afterall stealing is not corruption...
a new sheriff is in town and stealing is not kwuruption. we will keep the goat and the yam together and the goat must not eat the yam
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by mployer(m): 6:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
Intelligence is overated sad

There is more to life.

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by rocoh(m): 6:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hmmmmm. The labours of our heroes past shall never be in vain.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by Missmossy(f): 6:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
What a pity! This man is really brainy, wonder why his life seem wretched.
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by nickxtra(m): 6:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
In as much as I don't wish anyone of us this kind of pitiable life, we can as well be very careful, as some Nigerians could do anything, diabolical or otherwise to attain power which would come back to hurt them later. I hope his case is not in this direction

1 Like

Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by NCP: 6:34pm On Sep 06, 2015
Why is this generation mentally lazy. A writeup that all can learn one or two lessons from, some are finding it too long to read. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by philips70(m): 6:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
boladez:
I am very worried to hear this story.

There are some key questions that need to be asked;

Where are his children? did he not train and empower them?

Does he not earn pension?

Cant he go back to his village?

Over 40 years in service and he did not build one house for himself?

What could have befallen him that set him back so badly?

It has nothing to do with stealing or not stealing?

Very valid questions.
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 06, 2015
Unanswered questions

Just as Anyokwu has insinuated, Prof. Theo Vincent’s situation begs some questions. For example, some people have been asking what happened to the man’s earnings, while in service and his retirement benefits and why he would not live to talk about his condition. Others wonder how a man, who has occupied key positions before retiring and acted as a consultant to a multinational company like the NLNG, could possibly spend the rest of his life in need.

The questions have, for want of answers, continued to fuel more suspicions and the theory that there could be more than meets the eye.

This is why the man is hiding from you all busybodies.
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
Nigerian society always looking down on the educated people who could have been more useful for development. It compliments illiterates and even gives them presidential position.

Bunch of primitive human beings. I hope somebody assist this prof so that he can continue to contribute to the nation with his high knowledge.

Backward country indeed! I can now clearly understand why South Africans don't respect Nigerians!

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by fammo: 6:38pm On Sep 06, 2015
Am I the only one seeing that this man does not want 2 be Helped! Let's Nt be in a rush to blame any "system" or institution for abandoning him or that his present predicament is because he didn't steal money while in office. There is more to this story than we know. Only God and the professor can answer the questions.....and maybe his wife too.
In any case, it is a very touching story and for those complaining that the story is too long I express my sympathy, you are gradually killing your brains.....God help us all

1 Like

Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 06, 2015
this is why people steal government money...
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by helistysworld: 6:43pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hmm...I wonder what will happen in the next few years if some people that called themselves educated can't be patient enough to read a few paragraphs. What will you teach your children?
@ those asking about his earnings and probably investments in those days lecturers were not earning what you thought. Some were actually cheating to live a good life.
@ those asking about his children. You don't know their own situation and moreover not all parents like being a burden.

Bottom line.Always think twice before you judge others .You may always think you can do better when in another man's situation .A shoe on Mr A's will never feel the same on your own.
God will help you.

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by ibedun: 6:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
The man lived in government quarters for 40 years (according to the report), suggesting that he was paying heavily subsidised rent (nothing).

What did he do with his earnings?

There is a lot more to this than meets the eye. Though I remember a lot of top federal civil servants living in Victoria Island in the 60s, 70s and 80s ended up the same way and promptly went to the grave early.

Could it be high living? "Helping" or carrying extended family responsibilities?

I am curious to learn from this?
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by ibedun: 6:50pm On Sep 06, 2015
Even taxi drivers and clerical officers in the 60s, 70s manage to buy a plot of land and put some decent structure on them.

And that provided the dignity they require in old age.
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by kelvyn7: 6:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
domopps:
Invariably those that can't steal while in service would suffer after their genuine service to this great nation!

Op Lazy man can't read this! Thank God am not!

Cheeeeeeers

a jobless man can grin
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by llaykorn: 6:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
Although, I've never heard of this man before, I've really fallen in love with him. He's made of ink; he's a literary icon. The man has been able to subject poetry into offering solace in times of adversities, and that is ultra-commendable.

This man, though, lives in a slum, but he has more peace in his mind than many who live in kings' forts. sad

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by Ghost01(m): 6:56pm On Sep 06, 2015
With his pension as a professor, he should be able to take care of himself.
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by cardoctor(m): 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2015
Instead of all this long story, why don't you go and help the poor man.
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by blackbeau1(f): 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2015
I find it hard to feel sorry for him tho. Cuz as a former uniport student, I've seen just how much this vcs embezzle
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by tete7000(m): 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2015
kodlins:

It'd not so much about stealing. A professor gets his payment till death.
Also, as a former VC, his gratuities is in millions. Something must have gone wrong somewhere.

Much learning does not bring Joy. Only God can

Thank you. What about his children and his immediate family? From the write up he seems to me like one of those withdrawn academia. Why wouldnt he seek help? Why did he decide to go into recluse? What happened to over 35 years earnings including consultancy at UNILAG and NLNG? My people say 'Omo to sipa niya e n gbe'- You can only help a man who is willing to be helped. Not even God can help a man who claim he doesn't have a problem and doesn't want to be helped. As far as the man is concerned there is no problem. The press should let sleeping dog lie and stop wiping up unnecessary sentiments to blackmail the society. The man has had enough fair share of goodies from his society.
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by shizzy7(f): 6:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
angelTI:
There is more to this man's story than meets the eye cry
A very cunny story indeed does he not Children... He should go to the VC of the school he will definitely intervene..
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by dododawa1: 7:01pm On Sep 06, 2015
Leaders of tomorrow are lazy to read this days
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by tociano009(m): 7:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
Stupid country
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by deeptesting(m): 7:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
I am not surprised that most here cannot comprehend the decision of the Prof. We are a generation that believes in riches (crap mentality). The Prof. generation believes in values & integrity except for a few that lost it.

Having read the entire article i could see a disciplined man who can hold his head up no matter the dust life throws at him, this is a great quality we should all desire to incorporate into our lives.

This is a man who will die with great reputation, satisfaction and value.. Believe me money cannot buy the value of what Prof. stands for; unfortunately, our society does not appreciate values but riches, hence, the vile & mediocre comments on this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by shizzy7(f): 7:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
llaykorn:
Although, I've never heard of this man before, I've really fallen in love with him. He's made of ink; he's a literary icon. The man has been able to subject poetry into offering solace in times of adversities, and that is ultra-commendable.

This man, though, lives in a slum, but he has more peace in his mind than many who love in kings' forts. sad
He has no excuse for living in a slum,,even if he doesn't have children,, even if he's family is not taking care of Him,,,

He should look for a car/cab to take him to the Current VC's office he will definitely do something,, They hardly owe retired professors pension NOT to talk of a Retired VC because its part of the school's recurrent expenditure...
Re: Prof. Theo Vincent, Ex-uniport VC Who Lives In A Slum by Abbeyme: 7:06pm On Sep 06, 2015
Shaadey:
I'm allergic to long posts

Funny dude is whom thou art!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote's Daughter Graduates From Coventry University (Photos) / He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake / Stop Laminating Certificates!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.