Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? (3458 Views)

SE Governors Are Treacherous, Criminally Insensitive and Slaves - Charles Ogbu / The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode / Ekweremadu Is A Treacherous, Meddlesome Interloper – APC Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 06, 2015
I am a Nigerian.. and I have come to hear my eastern brothers scream to high heavens about the untrustworthiness of the Yoruba.
It is on record that the Late Adekunle Fajuyi gave his life to save a Eastern Head of State....ask T.Y Danjuma
It is on record that after the civil war it was only the Yoruba that gave back the Eastern properties in their care...
It is on record that the coup that claimed Sardauna's life, Tafawaa Balewa, and others including Akintola while Awolowo was in prison....conveniently met Zik abroad, and the premier of the east was spared because he was hosting a foreign bishop.... The new government instead of dealing with the plotters that truncated Nigeria's democracy and regional system of govt where winner cannot take all...kept them imprisoned in the south where they lived like kings until a reprisal coup....

I am not interested in castigating anyone but to set records straight... Yorubas have been more than sacrificial in tending to our eastern brothers hence the screams of betrayal should be directed elsewhere.... Thanks. The man who thinks he's smarter than others should not complain when smarter people trounce him or her serially ...and there's no escape in sight.... Nigeria is yet to find her feet since the coup that killed regionalism govt system and parliamentary democracy where no winner can take all.

thanks for reading....all constructive comments will be addressed by author but no name calling please

5 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by 1stGenius(m): 2:41pm On Sep 06, 2015
They already know they are.
In addition,they are cowards.
Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 06, 2015
Normally i don't comment on threads created by Yorubas unless it concerns Igbos but since you threw this question open to the public and try to rationalize it by citing some unsubstantial examples as proof. Let me set the records straight, Yorubas did not return Igbo properties in the Western region after the war, only Ojukwu was able to get a few of his father's properties released. The WAEC building still belongs to Chief Ojukwu, it was never returned. But that's by the way, now let's discuss the level of Yoruba treacherous-ness.

* Afonja betrayed his people to the Funlani, Ilorin still remains an islamic caliphate till today.

* It was the testimony of some Yoruba AG leaders against Chief Awolowo that was used against him.

* Justice Sowemimo, a Yoruba judge was used by the Hausa-Fulani Government to send Chief Awolowo to jail.

* Chief Awolowo was an unyielding advocate of true federalism but suddenly changes as soon as he was appointed the Minister of local Government and finance.

* General Oladipo Diya, a Yoruba man was used by Hausa-Fulani to batter NADECO, Afenifere, Odua Movement and other Yoruba struggle groups.

* Yoruba Obas collected bribe instead of fighting for the unjust murder of their "beloved son" MKO Abiola as confessed by Oba Akiolu.

* Abiola used his Concord newspaper to fight his own brother Awolowo.

* The same Abiola financed the coup that sacked his brother Ernest Shonekan and brought General Abacha, an Hausa-Fulani to power.

* MKO Abiola and other Yoruba elders even went to Dodan Barracks to congratulate General Sani Abacha for overthrowing their brother.

* Awolowo usurp the agreement he made with Ojukwu before his release from prison.

* A small boy Gowon used Pa Awolowo to cling to power against southern interest.

* Oshiomhole attacked Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

* Oshiomhole make nonsense of Akinwumi Adeshina successes in Agriculture.

* Ambode tried to pull Fashola down who he once served under.

* Tinubu made Tambuwal speaker against Mulikat Akande

* Obasanjo was very key to denying Goodluck Jonathan a second term

* Obasanjo ran Mike Adenuga out of town but promoted Dangote.

* Obasanjo pardoned Salisu Buhari but gets angry when Goodluck Jonathan pardoned Alamieyeseigha

* Obasanjo is currently working hard with foreign elements to extradite Buruji Kashamu

* Yorubas disrespect Afenifere elders for supporting Goodluck Jonathan

* Just recently Mr. Remi Babalola was rubbishing GEJ, the man that once gave him a chance to serve.

I can go on and on and on, the facts will still remain the same. You cannot trust the allegiance of a Yoruba man, even the Abobaku that was once loyal to the Oni absconded when it was time to test his true loyalty. Yorubas are not only treacherous but always at the servitude of the Northerners which is very worrisome.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by adebisicutie: 2:43pm On Sep 06, 2015
angels09:
I am a Nigerian.. and I have come to hear my eastern brothers scream to high heavens about the untrustworthiness of the Yoruba.
It is on record that the Late Adekunle Fajuyi gave his life to save a Eastern Head of State....ask T.Y Danjuma
It is on record that after the civil war it was only the Yoruba that gave back the Eastern properties in their care...
It is on record that the coup that claimed Sardauna's life, Tafawaa Balewa, and others including Akintola while Awolowo was in prison....conveniently met Zik abroad, and the premier of the east was spared because he was hosting a foreign bishop.... The new government instead of dealing with the plotters that truncated Nigeria's democracy and regional system of govt where winner cannot take all...kept them imprisoned in the south where they lived like kings until a reprisal coup....

I am not interested in castigating anyone but to set records straight... Yorubas have been more than sacrificial in tending to our eastern brothers hence the screams of betrayal should be directed elsewhere.... Thanks. The man who thinks he's smarter than others should not complain when smarter people trounce him or her serially ...and there's no escape in sight.... Nigeria is yet to find her feet since the coup that killed regionalism govt system and parliamentary democracy where no winner can take all.

thanks for reading....all constructive comments will be addressed by author but no name calling please

They always forget that Yorubas kept their properties while their SS brothers didn't do the same . Wole Soyunka went to jail for them even the GEJ Yorubas were at the fore front of fighting for him to becoming President when Yaradua died and Turai and co were plotting to sideline him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by Emenahagos02(m): 2:43pm On Sep 06, 2015
Nna eh! Wtf is with the yorubas today, agba gba go war? shocked

1 Like

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
Yes they are Just like the chameleon, the Yorubas can change skin color at will and can vacillate at random between Christian and muslim worlds whenever the spirit hits them. The vacillation is akin to the abracadabra of a sworn homosexual who might screw a man today, a woman tomorrow, or an animal the next time. You never could tell.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
Yorubas are betrayals, they are extremely cunning people. Awolowo committed worst genocide in human history with his economic blockage against easterner during the war. Woman and children died in millions as a consequence of that.

They are too "tribalistic''. Awolowo enacted indigenization policy to place Nigeria muti- national companies in the hands of his yoruba people.

Niger delta will forever never forgive them for their back stab in 2015 election.

8 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
be constructive....speak facts please!

speak2emmalex:
Yes they are Just like the chameleon, the Yorubas can change skin color at will and can vacillate at random between Christian and muslim worlds whenever the spirit hits them. The vacillation is akin to the abracadabra of a sworn homosexual who might screw a man today, a woman tomorrow, or an animal the next time. You never could tell.

1 Like

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by Emenahagos02(m): 2:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
Jesus!!!! shocked
speak2emmalex:
Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by KingSango(m): 2:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
We are living in such times when those good will be thought as evil and those evil will be thought as good. That is because of secret society whispers, they slander anyone who isn't of their agenda, and they promote their own names undeservingly. Directing your actions towards the masses is a waste of time. You need to find out who is behind such lies against the Yoruba, lies against Ogboni, and lies against the Alaafin, his Oba cousins and the Elders. You will find it is traitors, traitors of Africa, with an agenda to divide and stir up chaos that they can exploit. Watch out always for diabolatry, it is at the root of all of Nigeria's problems and the African world. Love, Sango.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by sulmeza(m): 2:54pm On Sep 06, 2015
speak2emmalex:
dis hatred wnt be of any help to u....get a life manna.....u got it all wrong..

1 Like

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by dialfa: 2:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
Treachery rhymes with yorubbery

2 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by bugzbunny: 2:58pm On Sep 06, 2015
speak2emmalex:
These are same fools who connived with hausa fulani to vanquish a south south president.. Northern slaves.. smh

7 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 06, 2015
hmmm hmmm
Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by omolami: 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
The most treacherous people in the world are the hausas. Example Tambuwal deceived pdp to the end and decamped lately to APC, Northern pdp governors deceived Gej till they handed over to northern APC, Muazu decieved pdp and Gej selling out to APC .

2 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by bamidele029: 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
bugzbunny:

These are same fools who connived with hausa fulani to vanquish a south south president.. Northern slaves.. smh

Oh please give me a break, we were not fools when we voted for GEJ in 2011 right? Even before that election you hated us yet we voted for him because we felt he was the better candidate then. He failed and we can't watch and let him destroy Nigeria, we vote with our brains not sentiments. What development did GEJ bring to the South? Buhari is the one cleaning up Ogboni land now, GEJ didn't build the Niger bridge. Voting for regional sentiments is stupidity

Even when you call Tinubu a traitor I laugh, Tinubu was always in opposition even when Obasanjo was there showing it has nothing to do with tribe but ideology .

5 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by Fash20: 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
angrybull:
Yorubas are betrayals, they are extremely cunning people. Awolowo committed worst genocide in human history with his economic blockage against easterner during the war. Woman and children died in millions as a consequence of that.

They are too "tribalistic''. Awolowo enacted indigenization policy to place Nigeria muti- national companies in the hands of his yoruba people.

Niger delta will forever never forgive them for their back stab in 2015 election.
look at this one o you mean yorubas should have allowed you people to continue the looting of our treasury right. You must be mad

3 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by Fash20: 3:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
bugzbunny:

I hate this type of pple. Have you 4goten how the SW supported your south south presidential candidate en mass back then in 2011 elections. Come on

5 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
Fash20:
look at this one o you mean yorubas should have allowed you people to continue the looting of our treasury right. You must be mad

You statement shows how myopic you are. Which treasury are you calling ours? You must examine yourself wella. Over the years, yorubas in connivance with their hausa slave masters have been plundering eastern resources, looting everywhere, polluting the land. Your brother Obj is the greatest thief. Halliburton scandal, cojah scandal, Ghana must go in Nass, etc are all evils of your brother and you did nothing for 8 yrs

10 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by omoelesa(m): 3:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
bugzbunny:

These are same fools who connived with hausa fulani to vanquish a south south president.. Northern slaves.. Smh
lol the thing still dey pain u.u think that the yorubas are political zoobie like u.

5 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by Fash20: 3:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
angrybull:

You statement shows how myopic you are. Which treasury are you calling ours? You must examine yourself wella. Over the years, yorubas in connivance with their hausa slave masters have been plundering eastern resources, looting everywhere, polluting the land. Your brother Obj is the greatest thief. Halliburton scandal, cojoh scandal, Ghana must go in Nass, etc are all evils of your brother and you did nothing for 8 yrs
Nonsense! What would you say about these
1. $20b NNPC that went missing under your brothers watch
2. Kerosene subsidy scam
3. $6b fuel scam
4. Police pension fraud
Just to mention few. If Obj is the greatest thief your brother is the super greatest thief and the most clueless leader of all time.

5 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by TheFreeOne: 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
huangcheng:

I can go on and on and on, the facts will still remain the same. You cannot trust the allegiance of a Yoruba man, [b]even the Abobaku that was once loyal to the Oni absconded when it was time to test his true loyalty.[/b] Yorubas are not only treacherous but always at the servitude of the Northerners which is very worrisome.
LOL....who wan die

Seriously treachery is not synonymous with only Yorubas so I beg to defer. Vested interests will make people do certain things that others may termed treachery.
Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
TheFreeOne:
LOL....who wan die

Seriously treachery is not synonymous with only Yorubas so I beg to defer. Vested interests will make people do certain things that others may termed treachery.

Why always the Yorubas, are they the only people with vested interest? Let me tell you a something, and i must warn you not to take it for granted. Do not ever in your life rely on a Yoruba man to keep his own end of a bargain when push come to shove. He'll leave you in the cold. Maybe you don't have Yoruba friends or maybe you just don't notice it but they are the most unreliable people ever on mother earth. The worse is that they don't even know when they exhibit their treacherous tendencies, others even see it as being smart which is pathetic.

6 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by la1asticlala: 3:58pm On Sep 06, 2015
As cowardly and sheepishly docile as Yorubas are , Yorubas are a spineless people unable to stand up for a justifiable cause other than to fish in troubled water in search of decomposed leftovers. They are overjoyed the Igbos lost the Biafran War which afforded Yorubas the opportunity to scramble for “abandoned” Igbo belongings and misplaced Federal pieces of property they quickly pilfered with the blessings of Awolowo whom the Yorubas consider god of money, but whom I crown with title “Devourer of Dead Children

7 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by TheFreeOne: 4:11pm On Sep 06, 2015
huangcheng:

Why always the Yorubas, are they the only people with vested interest? Let me tell you a something, and i must warn you not to take it for granted. Do not ever in your life rely on a Yoruba man to keep his own end of a bargain when push come to shove. He'll leave you in the cold. Maybe you don't have Yoruba friends or maybe you just don't notice it but they are the most unreliable people ever on mother earth. The worse is that they don't even know when they exhibit their treacherous tendencies, others even see it as being smart which is pathetic.

Thanks for your advice but I still insist that amongst every ethnic tribe in Nigeria there are reliable, corrupt-free, competent, credible, hardworking and trustworthy individuals.
Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
TheFreeOne:

Thanks for your advice but I still insist that amongst every ethnic tribe in Nigeria there are reliable, corrupt-free, competent, credible, hardworking and trustworthy individuals.

I'm not talking about corruption or competence or hardwork here. I'm talking about reliability, trustworthiness and loyalty. Yorubas who possess these characters are in their minute numbers and i mean it given all available statistical record.

The records i outlined above are indisputable. Which other tribe have had so much cases of treachery in Nigeria? The answer is none, only Yorubas.

7 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by acmesuccess: 4:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
ok
Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
who killed sardauna of sokoto .... a boy he trained and assisted immensely....Nzeogwu guess what? He is an easterner! defiine any greater betrayal ....

huangcheng:

I'm not talking about corruption or competence or hardwork here. I'm talking about reliability, trustworthiness and loyalty. Yorubas who possess these characters are in their minute numbers and i mean it given all available statistical record.

The records i outlined above are indisputable. Which other tribe have had so much cases of treachery in Nigeria? The answer is none, only Yorubas.

4 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
the national assembly especilly the senate knew no peace when the senate presidency was zoned to a particular section.... guess which section ...the east...intrigues, backstabbing became the order of the day

3 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
huangcheng:
Normally i don't comment on threads created by Yorubas unless when it concerns Igbos but since you threw this question open to the public and try to rationalize it by citing some unsubstantial examples as proof. Let me set the records straight, Yorubas did not return Igbo properties in the Western region after the war, only Ojukwu was able to get a few of his father's properties released. The WAEC building still belongs to Chief Ojukwu, it wasn't returned. But that's by the way, now let's discuss the level of Yoruba treacherous-ness.

* Afonja betrayed his people to the Funlani, Ilorin still remains a islamic caliphate till today.

* It was the testimony of some Yoruba AG leaders against Chief Awolowo that was used against him.

* Justice Sowemimo, a Yoruba judge was used by the Hausa-Fulani Government to send Chief Awolowo to jail.

* Chief Awolowo was an unyielding advocate of true federalism but suddenly changes as soon as he was appointed the Minister of local Government and finance.

* General Oladipo Diya, a Yoruba man was used by Hausa-Fulani to batter NADECO, Afenifere, Odua Movement and other Yoruba struggle groups.

* Yoruba Obas collected bribes instead of fighting for the unjust killing of their "beloved son" MKO Abiola as confessed by Oba Akiolu.

* Abiola used his Concord newspaper to fight his own brother Awolowo.

* The same Abiola financed the coup that sacked his brother Ernest Shonekan and brought General Abacha, an Hausa-Fulani to power.

* MKO Abiola and other Yoruba elders even went to Dodan Barracks to congratulate General Sani Abacha for overthrowing their brother.

* Awolowo usurp the agreement he made with Ojukwu before his release from prison.

* A small boy Gowon used Pa Awolowo to cling to power against southern interest.

* Oshiomhole attacked Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

* Oshiomhole make nonsense of Akinwumi Adeshina successes in Agriculture.

* Ambode tried to pull Fashola down who he once served under.

* Tinubu made Tambuwal speaker against Mulikat Akande

* Obasanjo was very key to denying Goodluck Jonathan a second term

* Obasanjo ran Mike Adenuga out of town

* Obasanjo pardoned Salisu Buhari but gets angry when Goodluck Jonathan pardoned Alamieyeseigha

* Obasanjo working hard with foreign elements to extradite Buruji Kashamu

* Yorubas disrespect Afenifere elders for supporting Goodluck Jonathan

* Just recently Mr. Remi Babalola was rubbishing GEJ, the man that once gave him a chance to serve.

I can go on and on and on, the facts will still remain the same. You cannot trust the allegiance of a Yoruba man, even the Abobaku that was once loyal to the Oni absconded when it was time to test his true loyalty. Yorubas are not only treacherous but always at the servitude of the Northerners which is very worrisome.
first, your stupidity reeks to the high heavens...

1. there is no abobaku anywhere...

2. I will only give u one instance if betrayal and not worry myself of thousands more.

Ojukwu abandoned your forefathers and ran for his life. funny enuff, he came back to the same country to contest under the same name he lied to have despised.

that was not only being treacherous, it was equally shameful and despicable. especially if you took into consideration that black bearded short lion carried all the cash contributed for weapon to enrich himself in Abidjan.

you be fool

if you are even worried abt a tribe that ensures that his tribe doesn't go up, na igbo people.

where is soludo, Dora, ngige and so on..but the likes of kalu, orji, oduah, etc are all given accolades.

ogbeni...stop worrying urself, if u dnt understand the meaning of treacherous, go check dico...

an average man is a treacherous business man...he will sell his mother for money!

They are naturally bitter and senselessly violent!

5 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 06, 2015
I will pause for now.... but not before asking this question...has any easterner sacrificed himself for the good of this nation....name just one! national interest nnot ethnic or sectional interest! am waiting...

7 Likes

Re: Are The Yoruba Really Treacherous? by bamidele029: 4:36pm On Sep 06, 2015
la1asticlala:
As cowardly and sheepishly docile as Yorubas are , Yorubas are a spineless people unable to stand up for a justifiable cause other than to fish in troubled water in search of decomposed leftovers. They are overjoyed the Igbos lost the Biafran War which afforded Yorubas the opportunity to scramble for “abandoned” Igbo belongings and misplaced Federal pieces of property they quickly pilfered with the blessings of Awolowo whom the Yorubas consider god of money, but whom I crown with title “Devourer of Dead Children

Please stop telling lies, even Joe igbokwe was saying recently that Yorubas were the only ones who kept the properties of Igbos for them and handed them over after the war while the SS people ( your own brothers) and notherners never did so

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING!!Tension As Heavy Protest Rocks APC Secretariat After This Happened(Pic / Buhari’s Aide, Others Tackle Sabinus Over Mockery Of Tinubu / Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.