Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,001 members, 7,810,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Is It Proper For A Church To Pay Choirs, Urshers, Instrumentalist Etc? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Proper For A Church To Pay Choirs, Urshers, Instrumentalist Etc? (1214 Views)

Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / Stephanie Otobo's Mother & Sister At Apostle Suleman's Church To Beg (Video) / Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper For A Church To Pay Choirs, Urshers, Instrumentalist Etc? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
Is it proper for a church to pay it's workers because a friend of mine said they pay him whenever he renders services to the church... Me sef come dey reason am when church close today na so I dey look my pastor face, I fit change mind next sunday o...but is it proper? or make I ask pastor howfar?
Re: Is It Proper For A Church To Pay Choirs, Urshers, Instrumentalist Etc? by fexti: 7:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hm
Re: Is It Proper For A Church To Pay Choirs, Urshers, Instrumentalist Etc? by saxwizard(m): 8:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
yes and no....will com back to defend myself cos am an instrumentalist
Re: Is It Proper For A Church To Pay Choirs, Urshers, Instrumentalist Etc? by kristen12(f): 8:06pm On Sep 06, 2015
Depends on their agreement
Re: Is It Proper For A Church To Pay Choirs, Urshers, Instrumentalist Etc? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 06, 2015
God gave them these talents, It should not be commercialized. Its only if the church decide to appreciate them, not the instrumentalist dictating how much they would collect.
#My Opinion tho
I'm an instrumentalist I play Trumpet, Clarinet and Saxophone.

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
Re: Is It Proper For A Church To Pay Choirs, Urshers, Instrumentalist Etc? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 06, 2015
exhibition:
God gave them these talents, It should not be commercialized. Its only if the church decide to appreciate them, not the instrumentalist dictating how much they would collect.
#My Opinion tho
I'm an instrumentalist I play Trumpet, Clarinet and Saxophone.

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
ya, appreciation not payment

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Church To Pay Choirs, Urshers, Instrumentalist Etc? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
masterchi:
ya, appreciation not payment

But after u contributed money n ur church builds a standard hospital, U get sick n they bring u dere, U pay for services... Why don't they appreciate the members
Re: Is It Proper For A Church To Pay Choirs, Urshers, Instrumentalist Etc? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:21am On Sep 07, 2015
All na business .. I wish I could be paid for going to church.
Re: Is It Proper For A Church To Pay Choirs, Urshers, Instrumentalist Etc? by darlingbas(m): 8:15am On Sep 07, 2015
so the musicians must not be paid but the church accountant should be paid.
People don't just wake up one morning and become a musician if it is that easy there won't be any need for this topic as there will be more than enough people to render this service just like the ushers who do not need a special skill.
Musicians spend thousand of pounds and countless hours to perfect their craft and you want this excellent musicians to render their services for free? are you for real?
Re: Is It Proper For A Church To Pay Choirs, Urshers, Instrumentalist Etc? by keandre: 8:31am On Sep 07, 2015
Yea,its called Stipend
Re: Is It Proper For A Church To Pay Choirs, Urshers, Instrumentalist Etc? by Vanderandrew(m): 8:49am On Sep 07, 2015
Yes, it is proper. Seeing there are no jobs, so it would be good if they pay their instrumentalist except he personally has an income and refuses the payment from the church. Also, if the church doesn't pay them, they won't stay. They would look for another church were they will be remunerated.
Re: Is It Proper For A Church To Pay Choirs, Urshers, Instrumentalist Etc? by vooks: 4:53am On Nov 04, 2015
Is it proper for a church to pay it's workers because a friend of mine said they pay him whenever he renders services to the church... Me sef come dey reason am when church close today na so I dey look my pastor face, I fit change mind next sunday o...but is it proper? or make I ask pastor howfar?
Excellent question.
If anybody in church gets paid, then so should they. If the pastor is well remunerated, why not the coworker?

Sadly many ministers think that only they are entitled to compensation citing do not muzzle an ox. This is selfish. Some workers spend more time in church than the pastor yet they are supposed to live 'by faith' and await their reward in heaven.

A truly charitable ministry where nobody demands compensation would cultivate a charitable spirit.

Having said that, church workers should have an attitude of service not remuneration. So you are an instrumentalist blessed with the gift of composing psalms. Won't you worship because nobody pays you? Don Moen sang for free for years till God raised him and men started appreciating his thing. Had he sulked till his bills were paid, he'd never have risen.

Believers need to be armed with the mind of Christ, prepared to lose so somebody gains and not an investor all the time out to rake in most bucks per hour

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jesus: An Introvert Or An Extrovert / Pastor Asks Members To Go Unclad During Service (pics) / List Of Books Used By Christians To Condem Islam (ACADIP NIG)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.