Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts (855 Views)

Ikenga Imo Subtly Mocks Buhari & His Economic Team (Pics) / Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team / Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by GOATandYAMtheory: 8:26pm On Sep 06, 2015

The immediate past President, Goodluck Jonathan has stated that the emergence of Dr Akinwumi Adesina as President of the African Development Bank, AfDB, and Ms. Arunma Oteh as Treasurer/ Vice President of the World Bank is an indication that he had the best economic team.

Adesina served as Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, while Ms. Oteh, was the Director-General of Securities and Exchange Commission under the last government.

Jonathan in separate letters of congratulations to both Dr. Adesina and Ms. Oteh, which he personally signed, described them as high achievers and Nigeria’s worthy ambassadors.

The former President in the congratulatory letter said, “Given your exemplary record of performance, while serving as the Honourable Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development in my cabinet, I have no doubt that you will deploy your energy and the bank’s resources to ensure that Africa experiences a new era of accelerated development.

“You were not only a critical voice in my economic team, you also walked the talk, and earned the praise of our countrymen and women, by ensuring that Nigeria’s quest for self-sufficiency in food production became an achievable dream.

“I am particularly pleased with your emergence as the AfDB boss; a development, I believe, has come as a reward for having served your country meritoriously. It also attests to the fact that my Administration had a good team that managed the affairs of the country.”

Also writing to Ms. Oteh, Dr, Jonathan said, “I am delighted that you are going to your new job, fresh from the experience of having led the recovery and growth initiatives of the Nigerian Bourse in the wake of the decline, occasioned by recent global economic recession and financial crisis.

“I am particularly pleased that you are being rewarded and elevated on the world stage, after serving your country meritoriously, at a time I was the President. This is a clear testimony to your capacity, high integrity, and tenacity of purpose. It is also a vindication of the decision of my Administration to stand by you, believing in your abilities and competence, even when questions were being raised in some quarters over your choice.

“I am convinced that the experience you gathered as Director-General of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Nigeria (SEC) gave you deep insights on how to tackle the peculiar challenges of a developing nation.

“The World Bank can draw from this to ensure that its future partnerships with emerging economies in Africa and other parts of the world are anchored on policies that will lead to sustained growth and development, which is a sine qua non for lifting millions of people in the developing world out of mass poverty.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/06/i-had-the-best-economic-team-jonathan-boasts/

2 Likes

Re: I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by Eyop: 8:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
I do not agree with you completely on this my able presido.

1 Like

Re: I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by DaBullIT(m): 8:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
That's what happens when criminals walk free

They boast and jam talk

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by vedaxcool(m): 8:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
and they had the worst leader who knew nothing other than distinguishing between various types of ogogoro and buruktu
Re: I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by fexti: 8:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
In 2face voice::: Them want to tell us another story again ohh
Re: I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
cool
fexti:
In 2face voice::: Them want to tell us another story again ohh
Re: I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by oluwafemi113(m): 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
Someone should please tell this Ogogoro Man to shortup
Re: I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by enkay2go(f): 8:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
Did u guys really read the post?
Re: I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by subzero2(m): 8:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
GEJ, an epitome of humility and simplicity. It shows on ur face, smiles and ur write-ups.

Can Buhari write an article like this? undecided

Just asking.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by orobs93(m): 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ok
Re: I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by emmyblackky(m): 9:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
If only my able Ex-Presido can ask Mama Peace to define ECONOMICS I go support am. But for now....gerarahiaaaaaa, lubbish

Wailing wailers can start wailing
Re: I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by omolami: 9:08pm On Sep 06, 2015
How many people in buhari's government can Buhari write to sincerely praise like GEJ did? None except for hypocrisy.
Re: I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by chrixus(m): 9:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
But their success was riddled by your incompetence and gullibility
Re: I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by oduastates: 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
Haha .
No you don't
They could as well come and take all the other Ivy - league business school , champagne swigging robots of global capitalists away .
The more they take , the better it is for us
They are no good for Africa .
The best have no come to the fore yet or are not yet born .
Re: I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by hinwazaka: 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
In a school of 300 students, out of class A, 10 of the students came out with a GPA of 3.6 - 4.0 the students were so outstanding, they were picked as the best students in the school and were awarded prizes. Who would you award the credit for the success of the class
(a) Class teacher
(b) The 10 students
(c) School
Re: I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by Starships4u(m): 9:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
We believed u sir
Re: I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by MyMouth(m): 10:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
The same Akinwumi that PMB had to lobby for? This guy no dey tire for ogogoro ne?
Re: I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by ellechrystal(f): 10:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
oluwafemi113:
Someone should please tell this Ogogoro Man to shortup
No you should.he drinks Ogogoro but can feed u n people around u for many years. U guys want buhari to be respected but keep insulting Jonathan is that decent enough? Smh
Re: I Had The Best Economic Team – Jonathan Boasts by Alezy(m): 11:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
subzero2:
GEJ, an epitome of humility and simplicity. It shows on ur face, smiles and ur write-ups.

Can Buhari write an article like this? undecided

Just asking.
Lolz. ..na wa o. article too??

(1) (Reply)

[Photo] Nigeria Army Hoisting Nigeria Flag In Gomboru Ngala / CHANGE:  Are We Facing A Gender Reverse?   Nkechi Cynthia Enuma / Boko Haram Agreed To Swap Chibok Girls With Arrested Bomb Expert — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.