Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,553 members, 7,823,440 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road (3178 Views)

Rev. Tochukwu Maduanusi Dies In Accident Along Oba/nnewi Road (Graphic) / Accident Just Now At Okigwe Umuahia Express Way (graphic Photos) / Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by meforyou1(m): 7:33am On Sep 07, 2015
The expected visit of CHANNELS TV CREW to Arondizuogu for a SPECIAL REPORT ON OKIGWE - ARONDIZUOGU - AKOKWA - UGA - NNEWI ROAD was accomplished yesterday Saturday, September 5, 2015 against all odds. We braved the conventional rain, parked our cars and trekked much of the way and used okada part of the way. It was a depressing and exerting experience but we were buoyed by our strong hope that nothing lasts forever. One day soon, our travails on that vexatious road will be a thing of the past.

Big Kudos to Hon. Sunny Chiadi who facilitated the visit, Chief Ikenna Aniche (Nkenke Enyi) who infected everyone with his trademark optimism and enthusiasm, and BIG THANKS to all those that showed up despite the short notice especially

• Chief Chris Robbins Okoro, APU P-G represented by Chief Uche Onwumere , APU VP 1
• HRH Eze Dr. Kossman Ndubuisi Kanu (JP), Ikenuolueze, Awada Iheme
• HRH Eze Oliver Dike (Eze Ozuoma) and HRH Eze Dr. Mike Nwosu (Ugocha) who sent their apologies
• Hon. Sunny Chiadi (Ihe mewe)
• Chief Ikenna Aniche (Nkenke Enyi)
• Chief Tony Obioha (Apiti)
• Chief Ebenezer Chukwu (Ogbuo Okee)
• Chief Ibe Okpareke
• Hon. Obinna Uche (Udojiagu)
• Nwamazi Odumegwu Okoli, APU Asst Fin. Sec
• Mazi Chukwudi Okeke
• Chief Ejike Nwankwo (Eze amama)
• Mazi Annointed Nwokoro
• The Channel TV Crew
• Etc
• And a host of commercial motor-cycle operators and youths that came out in solidarity

Not forgetting also all positive-minded members of our community and of this forum for their calls and messages of encouragement. Also,

• Jude Obioha who laid the philosophical foundation for the visit
• Mazi Okey Kanu (Mmiri Enwe Iro) who travelled to the US but kept calling and mobilizing all the way
• Dr. Mrs Marcellina Okereke whose fervent efforts to join the team was frustrated by traffic jam on the PH-Owerri Road
• Hon. Goddy Nwankwo, former Sec. Gen of APU who missed the train owing to a scheduling mix-up
• Mazi Ik Alisah who sent his best wishes and words of encouragement
• Chief Sunny Nwangwu, APU National Treasurer who sent his apologies at the last minute
• Hon. Chris Ukobasi (Hon. Syndicate) who was expected but got held up at an event in Okigwe
• Etc

Thanks all. The journey is just beginning.

Whether it was the shock of the degradation that we saw or the trauma of the exercise that caused Chief Tony Obioha (Apiti) to suddenly take seriously ill at one of the impassable portions of the road, no one can say. Of course, there was no access way to any medical facility and to rush him back to Enugu took a circuitous route through Akokwa – Osina – Dikenafai – Okwelle – Okigwe before connecting the expressway to Enugu. God help us. We pray for his quick recovery.

To God be the glory.

- Uche Ohia

source: https://www./89433094506/?fref=nf

1 Like

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by meforyou1(m): 7:34am On Sep 07, 2015
more pix

1 Like

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by meforyou1(m): 7:34am On Sep 07, 2015
And to Abagworo aka abagoro

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by permsec: 7:42am On Sep 07, 2015
All i can say is.....MY PEOPLE MY PEOPLE!!!

The people wanted change but they were shortchanged!
Laffing in Brass

1 Like

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by chigoizie7(m): 8:50am On Sep 07, 2015
This is the type of pics I need to be seeing ,

Pictures of under developed igbo communities,

So that the govt will see It and then do something, and with that, we will get more good roads.

And not posting pictures of fine fine places, making the govt see us a jokers when we cry of being either marginalized or neglected.

We need more, and the only way to get more is if u hide the ones you already have and den stretch out your hand for another.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by genieplus86(f): 9:03am On Sep 07, 2015
This is clearly what 16 years of PDP gave; Let us pray that the present government would do the needful and address these poor condition.

7 Likes

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by PentiumPro(f): 9:08am On Sep 07, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Make I no talk lipsrsealed
Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by simpleseyi: 9:16am On Sep 07, 2015
permsec:
All i can say is.....MY PEOPLE MY PEOPLE!!!

The people wanted change but they were shortchanged!

Laffing in Brass

You are definitely mad, your son Goatluck Jonascam could not do this road for his 6 miserable years, now you want Buhari whom you hate so much do fix it in 100 days. My friend, Buhari is not Mr Fix, instead Chief Tony Anenith is Mr. Fix it, go to him to fix the road. Idiots.

9 Likes

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by abagoro(m): 9:18am On Sep 07, 2015
meforyou1:
And to Abagworo aka abagoro

To Ndigbo that supported Jonathan and fought me when I cried about this road and Owerri/PH Road. Buhari will do the 2 roads.

6 Likes

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by permsec: 10:02am On Sep 07, 2015
simpleseyi:

You are definitely mad, your son Goatluck Jonascam could not do this road for his 6 miserable years, now you want Buhari whom you hate so much do fix it in 100 days. My friend, Buhari is not Mr Fix, instead Chief Tony Anenith is Mr. Fix it, go to him to fix the road. Idiots.
How old are you? judging by ur post i'll advise you go watch Nickelodeon cos this forum isn't meant for naive minds like yours to contribute.

3 Likes

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 07, 2015
Jonathan sef shocked

1 Like

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by anthony86(m): 10:05am On Sep 07, 2015
It's pity the terrible portions of thus Road lies mainly in Imo state.

2 Likes

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by permsec: 10:06am On Sep 07, 2015
simpleseyi:

How old are you? judging by ur post i'll advise you go watch Nickelodeon cos this forum isn't meant for naive minds like yours to contribute. Have a nice day
Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by afroniger: 10:14am On Sep 07, 2015
Why did the FG wait so long to allow this road deteriorate to this extent? This is inexcusable. sad

2 Likes

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by obailala(m): 10:23am On Sep 07, 2015
The Oba-Okigwe federal road is virtually non-existent from Uga up to Okigwe. Maybe the government of an hausa man may eventually fix this road; God help us! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by Lafem(m): 10:38am On Sep 07, 2015
FG needs to act asap. This can literally cut-off communities from each other and development.

2 Likes

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by izuoguboy: 1:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
It is so sad that they are playing politics with my beloved community angry

2 Likes

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by uchedydy: 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2015
let me buy this land cos something tells me its going to hit FP
for those who buy land anyhow, this is Buhari's land, buy it and be probed.
...touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm.
Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by basilo101: 1:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
apart from the main dual carriage ways i think FG shud remove their hands from other link roads. Okigwe to Nnewi road has no business being a federal road, let the states construct up to the boundaries

2 Likes

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by meforyou1(m): 3:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
Lalasticlala, Ishilove this deserves front page pls

1 Like

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by lalasticlala(m): 3:25pm On Sep 07, 2015
meforyou1:
Lalasticlala, Ishilove this deserves front page pls

i dont understand your link. what you posted is not found in the link you provided.
Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by meforyou1(m): 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
lalasticlala:

i dont understand your link. what you posted is not found in the link you provided.
maybe u can't access it because it is a Closed User group and you are not a member of it.

1 Like

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by fx45(m): 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
genieplus86:
This is clearly what 16 years of PDP gave; Let us pray that the present government would do the needful and address these poor condition.
Fool! Imo state is an APC state... Why are you so obsessed with PDP? The level of brainwashing inflicted on you people might prove to be irreversible in the near future. How did APC succeed in turning people into zombies
Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by otokx(m): 8:41pm On Sep 07, 2015
Imo state people are suffering mercilessly.
Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by genieplus86(f): 12:08am On Sep 08, 2015
You Idiot ! Why can't you be reasonable at times like these ? I wonder who raised you, must you insult your better ? The road in question is a federal road if you must know. Go away with your poor sense of judgment and be miserable somewhere else quote author=fx45 post=37770266]Fool! Imo state is an APC state... Why are you so obsessed with PDP? The level of brainwashing inflicted on you people might prove to be irreversible in the near future. How did APC succeed in turning people into zombies [/quote]
Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by Beremx(f): 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
otokx:
Imo state people are suffering mercilessly.
The whole of SE is suffering from deplorable state of federal roads. Do not single out IMO state.

Lalasticlala my dear,don't you think this thread deserves FP? Help us o nna m.
Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by 9ijaprince(m): 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
Oba nnewi okigwe road happens to be a major federal road that connects IMO and anambra hinterland communities. I pray buhari remembers this major road that has been totally neglected by previous administration.
Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by alaoeri: 9:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
Erosion taking over South East, PMB don't mind the hatred from that region exception of some few knowledgeable ones, pls kindly come to their rescue.

1 Like

Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by chino11(m): 9:31am On Sep 13, 2015
Nah..Anambra section is intact.

Beremx:
The whole of SE is suffering from deplorable state of federal roads. Do not single out IMO state.

Lalasticlala my dear,don't you think this thread deserves FP? Help us o nna m.
Re: Channels T Crew's Visit To Okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa - Uga - Nnewi Road by lovere: 5:37pm On Dec 08, 2017
any update on this road?

(1) (Reply)

History Of Third Mainland Bridge (IBB Bridge) / Anyone About Proceeding For Their Masters / How Much Did You Renew Your International Passport In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.