Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion (25875 Views)

Heartland FC Of Owerri Gain Promotion To NPFL (pictures & Video) / Fight At Agege Stadium As Shooting Stars Beats MFM FC 1-0(pics) / Ikorodu United Bus In A Road Accident Enroute Makurdi Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by honeric01(m): 10:33am On Sep 07, 2015
MFM FC, Ikorodu United To Represent Lagos At The NPFL Next Season

Great news for football lovers in Lagos as MFM fc and Ikorodu United gain promotion to the elite league next season. This is will be first time since the inception of both clubs.

MFM, a football club owned by the Mountain of Fire and Miracles ministry secured the elite status despite their loss to Bendel Insurance over the weekend.

READ ALSO: AFCON: Super Eagles To Resume Training Tomorrow

Also, a breath-taking goal from Francis Shedrack helped Ikorodu United seal promotion to the premier league as it was all the team needed to defeat Ekiti United 1 -0; as it ensured the Ikorodu based club secure the last slot into the Nigerian Professional Football League (NPFL).

Elsewhere, Minna based Niger tornadoes also got elevated to play in the NPFL next season. The team got all needed three points at home as they defeated Mighty Jets FC of Jos 2 – 0 on Saturday to return to the elite league.

READ ALSO: Yaya Toure Turns Down Cote d’ Ivoire Call-Up

Finally, Plateau United also moved to top division of the Nigerian league when they bagged all three points at home to Kogi United; It ended 2 – 0.

https://www.naij.com/535638-mfm-fc-ikorodu-united-represent-lagos-npfl.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by uduokirika1(m): 10:47am On Sep 07, 2015
honeric01:
MFM FC, Ikorodu United To Represent Lagos At The NPFL Next Season

Great news for football lovers in Lagos as MFM fc and Ikorodu United gain promotion to the elite league next season. This is will be first time since the inception of both clubs.

MFM, a football club owned by the Mountain of Fire and Miracles ministry secured the elite status despite their loss to Bendel Insurance over the weekend.

READ ALSO: AFCON: Super Eagles To Resume Training Tomorrow

Also, a breath-taking goal from Francis Shedrack helped Ikorodu United seal promotion to the premier league as it was all the team needed to defeat Ekiti United 1 -0; as it ensured the Ikorodu based club secure the last slot into the Nigerian Professional Football League (NPFL).

Elsewhere, Minna based Niger tornadoes also got elevated to play in the NPFL next season. The team got all needed three points at home as they defeated Mighty Jets FC of Jos 2 – 0 on Saturday to return to the elite league.

READ ALSO: Yaya Toure Turns Down Cote d’ Ivoire Call-Up

Finally, Plateau United also moved to top division of the Nigerian league when they bagged all three points at home to Kogi United; It ended 2 – 0.

https://www.naij.com/535638-mfm-fc-ikorodu-united-represent-lagos-npfl.html

Honeric01 abeg edith the Title to be more appealing b4 we do d needful

Niger Tornadoes and Plateau United will also join the afforementioned to the elite division.

Enough Double headers and local derbies next season

ABIA- Enyimba and Abia warriors
JOS- Giwa Fc and Plateau united
Lagos- MFM FC and Ikorodu United

And if miracle happens then,

Portharcourt- Dolphins and sharks Fc

I still wish City Of David (COD united) rapid promotion 'cos to me they are the only professionally run club in Nigeria that ve met international standard!

10 Likes

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by scholes0(m): 10:50am On Sep 07, 2015
Ajepako league ....
grin

1 Like

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by uduokirika1(m): 10:54am On Sep 07, 2015
MFM the Barca of Nigeria football I can't wait to welcome them next season

Ikorodu United's promotion might be suprising to some but in the real sense they are currently Nigeria's richest club going by its current owners!! Coached by experienced Morris Coreman who has coached over 10 clubs here in Nigeria for over 15years and still counting!!!!

9 Likes

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by honeric01(m): 10:59am On Sep 07, 2015
uduokirika1:
MFM the Barca of Nigeria football I can't wait to welcome them next season

Ikorodu United's promotion might be suprising to some but in the real sense they are currently Nigeria's richest club going by its current owners!! Coached by experienced Morris Coreman who has coached over 10 clubs here in Nigeria for over 15years and still counting!!!!

Who is the owner of the club?

MFM is owned by the church and managed by Godwin Ekhahena.

6 Likes

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by uduokirika1(m): 11:14am On Sep 07, 2015
honeric01:

Who is the owner of the club?

MFM is owned by the church and managed by Godwin Ekhahena.

Ikorodu United is the only club in Nigeria owned by a Foreign Multi national communication company

Lalasticlala mukina2 oya dis League na we own oooh

1 Like

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by honeric01(m): 12:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
uduokirika1:

Ikorodu United is the only club in Nigeria owned by a Foreign Multi national communication company

Lalasticlala mukina2 oya dis League na we own oooh

You still didn't answer me na embarassed

6 Likes

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by uduokirika1(m): 1:21pm On Sep 07, 2015
honeric01:

You still didn't answer me na embarassed

Make una move this thread go front page na

Answer=DSTV
Hope u know they have a clubside in ABSA

Last season they showed interest in acquiring Stationary Stores FC but Lagos govt renieged today SStores have not only been relegated to the Division 3 but ve gone comatose. Recall Lagos govt bought over Union Bank same last season and renamed it Stationary stores in the bid to reawaken the dying soccer spirit of fans in Lagos since stationary stores command the die hard soccer fans mostly made up of retirees who still bask in the euphoric nostalgic higihaga the old club glories bestowed. And yes they trooped out in their large numbers to support the team last season in the NNL, the old rivalry between 3sC and Sstores really came to the fore thereby recording the highest watched match last season in the NNL both at Water front and Adamasingba.

Back to the topic I see a gradual revolution in our league currently we have 4 clubs not owned by govt playing in the league and in the next 10years I can bet we will have more privately owned clubs playing in the top flights.

If you check the current table standings in the NNL you will notice Private owned clubs like Firstbank fc, J Atete, Goround fc were all contenders for promotion. If they replicate this same form next season, I see one or two from these to be promoted also and the chain continues!

7 Likes

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by taiocol: 2:40pm On Sep 07, 2015
uduokirika1:

mukina Lalasticlala 2 oya dis League na we own oooh

mukina Lalasticlala seun and mynd44
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by Jaymaxxy(m): 2:46pm On Sep 07, 2015
Happy to see more Southwest teams in the NPFL. Now we have 4 teams for Southwest derby. I rep the Oluyole warriors.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by Richie0974: 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
Oh good
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by Bigdreams(m): 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
Nice analysis by the guys above.

Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

Thumbs up!

My signature... Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by taiocol: 2:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
semid4lyfe you still be supermod

Front page

1 Like

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by asumo12: 2:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
Paul: do u drink beer?
Patrick:oh yes
Paul: how many bottles per day?
Patrick: 5
Paul: When did u start drinking beer?
Patrick: 18yrs back..
Paul: how much is a bottle
Patrick: $2
Paul: so u spent $10 for beer per day?
Patrick: yes
Paul: If u were saving that $10 per day times18yrs,
u get $648 000,u could be driving your own Ferrari
right now!
Patrick: May i also ask? a question?
Paul: go ahead
Patrick: do u drink beer?
Paul: No
Patrck: So where is your Ferrari?

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by MizMyColi(f): 2:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
Sai Kano Pillars! cheesy

1 Like

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by Samchelsea(m): 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
Nice development......after about 11years of no league football in Lagos, meaning I will see my Enugu Rangers in Lagos live.

2 Likes

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by jude33084(m): 2:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
Praise God! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by allanphash7(m): 2:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
Anybody to play MFM now na to burn and roast

1 Like

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by fergus0n: 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
Wait continue

Since I startd followinq NL I hvn't been FTC Seun must be probed!!!
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by Segadem(m): 2:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
scholes0:
Ajepako league ....
grin
it is tiwantiwa

1 Like

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by UnknownT: 2:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
Mountain of Fire? Enough Kabashing before match starts wink

1 Like

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by wristbangle: 2:57pm On Sep 07, 2015
MizMyColi:
Sai Kano Pillars! cheesy

Lol u dey support them?
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by taiocol: 2:58pm On Sep 07, 2015
MizMyColi:
Sai Kano Pillars! cheesy
You know pillars position
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by Pangea: 2:58pm On Sep 07, 2015
asumo12:
Paul: do u drink beer?
Patrick:oh yes
Paul: how many bottles per day?
Patrick: 5
Paul: When did u start drinking beer?
Patrick: 18yrs back..
Paul: how much is a bottle
Patrick: $2
Paul: so u spent $10 for beer per day?
Patrick: yes
Paul: If u were saving that $10 per day times18yrs,
u get $648 000,u could be driving your own Ferrari
right now!
Patrick: May i also ask? a question?
Paul: go ahead
Patrick: do u drink beer?
Paul: No
Patrck: So where is your Ferrari?

grin grin
I tire for all these motivational speakers o

2 Likes

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by Pangea: 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2015
God bless the MFM church
All these youth centric initiatives are to be emulated by other big churches.
The first class monetary awards and now the promotion of youths and football.
I remember those boys won the first church world cup last year or was it this year?

5 Likes

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by MizMyColi(f): 3:00pm On Sep 07, 2015
taiocol:

You know pillars position
grin
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by Jarchi(m): 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2015
Hmmm the church is gerin dere

1 Like

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by Pronmix(m): 3:02pm On Sep 07, 2015
Uduokirika1 There are more than 4 privately owned clubs you forgot Ifeanyi Uba Fc managed by Daniel Amokachi. Owned by Ifeanyi Uba of Capital oil.

2 Likes

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by landinfo: 3:02pm On Sep 07, 2015
Which among them is ready to play the POLITICS esp Pastor Olukoya aka Enakhena or is it Ikorodu that is more of a village team than a Lagos-based team.......Time would tell weda both teamz are ready for the NATIONAL POLITICz that follows the league although I know we have the best league in Africa no doubt about that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Napoli Beat Juventus To Win The Coppa Italia Final / Alex Iwobi's Farewell Message To Arsenal Fans / List Of Super Eagles Players Invited For Game Against Poland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.