Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

The ILAJE People Of Ondo State(history, Fact, Culture) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The ILAJE People Of Ondo State(history, Fact, Culture) (37777 Views)

Why Are The People Of Ondo State Different From Other Yorubas / The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People / Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The ILAJE People Of Ondo State(history, Fact, Culture) by gregyboy(m): 10:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
ayyoshert:

Uwa is used in the ancient Yoruba and still used in Ife, Ekiti and Ondo dialects, it means wealth/prosperity.
I saw this thread as that which belongs for a matured mind deliberations and intellectual discourse but when it has gone down to the degrading norm this platform is known for, i beg to sign out.
Thanks to Macof i guess you are Ekiti, do try open a thread for us that will talk on our history and dialect, thanks to Scholes, 9jacool and others that gave knowledgeable insights.

are you aware those two state you mentioned benin had influenced on them do
u wonder why we have edaiken n uselu because of a war with egba people of yoruba ...benin influenced both state u mentioned that bears uwa...
history is for better understanding not for argument or superiority the british kingdom who is revered in the whole world was disgraced by Japanese and germany in world war but does it ulter thier history that they were once superior ?
never ulter history so not to cause damage to people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The ILAJE People Of Ondo State(history, Fact, Culture) by Opiletool(m): 6:57am On Dec 27, 2017
AxxeMan:

OSATUYI You are Edo plain and Simple .... You might familarize with those Yoruba ppl now but YOU ARE AN EDO DESENDANT!!

It is pronounced "osha" and not the bini "osa"
Stop jumping into conclusion like an ignorant kangaroo

2 Likes

Re: The ILAJE People Of Ondo State(history, Fact, Culture) by Opiletool(m): 7:07am On Dec 27, 2017
The beautiful thread has been turned to another ethnic bigotry one by the insecure Edo defendants. One wonders if people from that side ever argue intellectually.

2 Likes

Re: The ILAJE People Of Ondo State(history, Fact, Culture) by step1: 8:01am On Dec 27, 2017
very insecure people indeed. Just like their previous Oba. I am of bini origin in lagos but ......

1 Like

Re: The ILAJE People Of Ondo State(history, Fact, Culture) by gregyboy(m): 9:06am On Dec 27, 2017
Opiletool:

Stop jumping into conclusion like an ignorant kangaroo

my friend the intonation doesnt change anything we all are of different tribes and different ascents of pronouncation so if it is pronounced by a benin man as “osa" by the benin and ”osha” as Yoruba's or iweka by the igbos and eweka by the benins it doesn't
affect the historical backup by the words

never distort history young man many people will be lost from it history is scared keep it so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The ILAJE People Of Ondo State(history, Fact, Culture) by AxxeMan: 10:49am On Dec 27, 2017
[s]
step1:
very insecure people indeed. Just like their previous Oba. I am of bini origin in lagos but ......
[/s]

Stop deceiving yourself ..... I keep telling you YOU DO NOT HAVE EDO ORIGIN , STICK WITH THE YORUBA THAT YOU ARE!!
Re: The ILAJE People Of Ondo State(history, Fact, Culture) by AxxeMan: 10:50am On Dec 27, 2017
[[s]quote author=Opiletool post=63641018]

Stop jumping into conclusion like an ignorant kangaroo [/quote][/s]

Skull Miner you better know your mate and get lost from this thread!!
Re: The ILAJE People Of Ondo State(history, Fact, Culture) by AxxeMan: 10:54am On Dec 27, 2017
historyworld031:
The "we be plenty confused"/yoruba will always have sleepless nights about Edo.
Please can someone locate the bight of yoruba for me, or the bight of ife or the bight of oyo ?
So "we be plenty confused"/yoruba no matter how hard you try, you will never be able to sufficiently rewrite history in order to delivers Edo heritage to you and your ife willage.
The Capital of most of west Africa will always be Benin City, not your ife.

Bight of yoruba grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who dash them hahahaha
Re: The ILAJE People Of Ondo State(history, Fact, Culture) by Opiletool(m): 1:25pm On Dec 27, 2017
AxxeMan:
[[s]quote author=Opiletool post=63641018]

Stop jumping into conclusion like an ignorant kangaroo [/s]

Skull Miner you better know your mate and get lost from this thread!!

I don't drag issues with people from a minority tribe.

3 Likes

Re: The ILAJE People Of Ondo State(history, Fact, Culture) by AxxeMan: 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2017
[s]
Opiletool:

I don't drag issues with people from a minority tribe.
[/s]

I don't drag issues with people with Zero Historical Relevance or Entity !!

Only a fool would consider Yoruba a tribe cheesy cheesy

Come on fuvvck off

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The ILAJE People Of Ondo State(history, Fact, Culture) by AxxeMan: 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2017
Yoruba was the name Fulani and Hausa gave traders from Oyo .... No wonder the ijebu tribe of Ogun state deny this Yoruba name vehemently

Hahaha minorities from Oyo forming majority.... grin grin so pathetic!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The ILAJE People Of Ondo State(history, Fact, Culture) by gregyboy(m): 2:26am On Dec 28, 2017
AxxeMan:
[s][/s]

Stop deceiving yourself ..... I keep telling you YOU DO NOT HAVE EDO ORIGIN , STICK WITH THE YORUBA THAT YOU ARE!!

dont mind him is a pure yoruba boy look at his profile a to z spells him out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The ILAJE People Of Ondo State(history, Fact, Culture) by lawani: 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2022
The Ilaje are higher in population than a number of sovereign states and is one of the longest standing nations on Earth. The least that can be done for them is to put them under one administration with one capital one judiciary one government and one future in a union with the rest of Yoruba land. They have a lot to offer the world.

1 Like

Re: The ILAJE People Of Ondo State(history, Fact, Culture) by Olaifejesu: 6:33pm On Dec 14, 2022
Thanks for this Info about my Home, it's very helpful for me that don't even know the history of my clan. But I have a question; which of the Ilaje clan is Obinehin? Are they from Obe Ńlá? Or where?

1 Like

Re: The ILAJE People Of Ondo State(history, Fact, Culture) by Hillcrestpro: 8:29am On Dec 11, 2023
The people of this generation are deprived of learning the beautiful history of this Lagos, Edo, Delta, Ondo, Ekiti, Anambra, Rivers, kogi, and Bayelsa region because of dirty politicians and their agenda.

There's is a brotherhood that flows through this entire region and the thread that binds it all together passes right through Benin. But as the British gas warned us, we must never talk about it. Let's bury our history and begin to accept contrived fictional stories as the authentic history which is designed to drive a wedge between our various people.

The British told them in Eko and elsewhere in SW and SE, don't ever mention Benin and we are complying strictly with the British

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olori Badirat Olaitan And Her Sons Stun In New Photos / Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? / Nigerian Kings Exquisite Cars At The Sokoto Durbar Yesterday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.