Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,511 members, 7,854,181 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:04 PM

Way Forward Yoruba People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Way Forward Yoruba People (1018 Views)

Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic / Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? / Yoruba People Don Vex For Igbo's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Way Forward Yoruba People by johnserek: 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
LETTER TO MY YORUBA BROTHERS AND SISTERS
Regional government, resource control only way forward for a wealthier black nation

Nigeria is a time bomb on the loose, the oil and gas we depend on is facing its greatest risk since discovery, it’s now readily available and alternative energy sources are fast being developed coupled with the fact that there’s a slow growth in developed nations it’s high time Nigeria diversify.
With the current political structure Nigeria will suffer if it fails to restructure itself, the truth of the matter is that unlike before oil is most likely not to rebound the factors of today are very different from the past,
So what is the way forward, I support a union of Nigeria, its share population gives in economic prowess other African nations can dream of, the heterogeneous nature of its citizens produces an interesting culture.
But the truth is if we want to remain one and not break due to poverty is to restructure our selves along tribal and ethnic lines with full resource control, true federalism and a unity based on mutual agreement and if any region feels it does not want to be part of the union it should be free to leave and relinquish all the benefits of being in the Nigerian union for maybe ECOWAS benefits if it agrees to be in ECOWAS.
Nigeria should be restructured into six regions
Western Region – comprising of all Yoruba/Yoruboid speaking group across Lagos to Delta and upwards Kwara and Kogi
Eastern Region- comprising of all Igbo speaking group across all south east and Delta, Rivers . Should they want to secede they should have the right not to be in the Nigerian Union.
Middle Belt - comprising of all Northern minorities excluding those with affinity to the south
North west- Comprising of all Hausa- Fulani caliphates
North East- comprising of all Kanuris and environ

Each region should share the same currency with ability to select who it wants on its currency, build its own seaports and airports subject to best practices, and determine its own level of income, educational standards, 100% resource control with an agreed percentage contributed to the centre.

The Centre will produce a president t that will have soft powers in regards to foreign policy , minimum standards in various spheres. Military which will comprise of equal number of ethnic groups?
This way Nigeria will be on full auto mode and it will stimulate competition among each group.
Should Nigeria want to operate unitary system we might as well just not exist it makes no sense existing as a tribe and being limited by a forceful union.

OTHER WEST AFRICAN NATIONS

COUNTRY GDP($BN) POPULATION MAJOR SOURCE(S) OF REVENUE
Benin 15.6 10,323,000 Subsistence agriculture, Cotton production and Regional trade
Ghana 208.259 24,000,000 Manufacturing, Mining, Agriculture, Real Estate and Electricity generation.
Togo 6.91 7,154,237 Regional trade
Sierra Leone 8.276 6.190.280 Agriculture and Mining
Senegal 25.574 13,567,338 Fishing
Niger(Landlocked) 11.6 17,138,707 Agriculture
Mali (Landlocked) 17.9 15,517,176 Agriculture And Mineral resources

Burkina Faso 28 17,322,796 Natural resources, Agriculture and Gold
Cape Verde 2,5 550,000 Services,transport and public services
Guinea 11.464 10,628,972 Bauxite and Alumina
Guinea Bissau 2.5 1,693,398 Fish, Cashew nut and Ground nut
Total 236.083 117,895,624 Mostly Agriculture and Mineral resources except for Ghana

Succesful nations with a population of Yoruba people

Successful countries with population of 40+ million
COUNTRY GDP($BN) POPULATION SOURCE OF REVENUE
Taiwan 1,021.607 23,373,517 Technology – Asus, Foxconn, Acer, Export Gateway, dominated by small and medium scale businesses, agriculture 3%
Kenya 145.650 45,010,956 Tourism, Telecommunications, Agriculture, Industry and Manufacturing

South Korea 1,864.0 51,302,044 Technology – Samsung, Hyundai, LG,Kia

Re: Way Forward Yoruba People by amakasul(f): 12:41am On Sep 08, 2015
Again you have created a fraudulent post claiming to be Yoruba even when it is evident you are a Biafra boy desperate to create acrimony between SW and North. You lie, ibo boy, you have failed woefully.

If you like go and create a dozen more fake profiles to dish out ibo propaganda, your ibo sense won't work here.
Re: Way Forward Yoruba People by badnature: 12:56am On Sep 08, 2015
which way?dem get way? Yoruba way has come to an end.can't you see their youths?did you see any way true them? ehn ibo boy your trying to put acrimony between us and the north it won't work,a slave is always a slave always afraid of freedom
Re: Way Forward Yoruba People by OrIandoOwoh(m): 12:59am On Sep 08, 2015
God help us
Re: Way Forward Yoruba People by dasean1(m): 1:29am On Sep 08, 2015
today is my birthday, can I get 100likes?
Re: Way Forward Yoruba People by vicadex07(m): 2:02am On Sep 08, 2015
All I see is the lamentation of a Biafran. The YorubaS do not mind sharing the VAT from Lagos with a Kano that do not allow the sale of alcohol.

The Yorubas do not have to lead the lamentation of federalism when it was a Biafra Aguiyi Ironsi that truncated confedralism to install the rule of the minority Igbo on The majority Hausa n Yoruba.

What year would Biafrans like you stop lamenting like you are God who deposited crude oil in the NigerDelta ? What is happening to the 13% derivation ? Why is Lagos not fighting for VAT control or not entitled to 13% from the revenue accruing from it's port or the VAT it generates ?

Why must you die lamenting ? If 13% derivation is not enough why not push for the increase at the federal assemblies or do you have only retard like yourselves as reps ?

What year would you learn to build bridges to achieve your aim in Nigeria instead of lamentation n war ?

Finally why are you so forsaken that you can't make use of your brain but cry victim when you are clearly the aggressor ? Who truncated federalism in Nigeria ? A Biafran

Who orchestrated the first coup de etat in Nigeria ? A Biafran.

Simply because the majority are wiser and would not allow you to orchestrate a coup or destroy our newly found democracy / federalism you have been wailing for the past 100 days.

For Godsake what is the problem with you people ? Is it that your brain is damaged or what ? There's no perfect system anywhere in the world and you Biafra should learn to perfect the federalism we are enjoying or suffering as you deem fit n not wail simply because a Nigerian is ruling Nigeria.
Re: Way Forward Yoruba People by johnserek: 5:38am On Sep 08, 2015
amakasul:
Again you have created a fraudulent post claiming to be Yoruba even when it is evident you are a Biafra boy desperate to create acrimony between SW and North. You lie, ibo boy, you have failed woefully.

If you like go and create a dozen more fake profiles to dish out ibo propaganda, your ibo sense won't work here.

How does a call for regionalism that encourages growth means hatred for north
Re: Way Forward Yoruba People by zendy: 7:53am On Sep 08, 2015
An interesting piece. Unfortunately, Yorubas are followers of Lord Lugard, and as such, will not appreciate what you wrote. It is funny that Yorubas and Igbo who barely knew each 200 years ago have by accident of history found themselves in one country and the average Yoruba will say we are 'one'. I had a Yoruba friend called Bankole, we used to work together. The day I told him in conversation that I support my fellow Igbos having their own independent homeland of Biafra, he accused me of sedition, treachery,treason and seeking war. He asked me why I would want to divide a great country like Nigeria. I told him that Lord Lugard is not enough reason for me to give up my sovereignty and that a country should be by the free will of the people and not by force. He got up and left and has not talked since then, this was almost two years ago. I have since come to the conclusion that self determination is not a priority of the Yoruba people

(1) (Reply)

Tribal Abuse / Buhari’s 100 Days Of Incompetence And Abject Failure, By Femi Aribisala / Breaking News : Steve Nwosu’s Wife Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.