Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! (47525 Views)

#20 Fact You Probably Might Not Know About / Some Striking Facts You May Not Have Come Across: / Grant Or Loan To Do Research Here In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Tbagmi: 9:58pm On Sep 07, 2015
abeg we Kno dey see koko Ghana chop again... abi Ghana people too don pack am go no?
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by 9jatatafo(m): 10:01pm On Sep 07, 2015
Turkey wins it
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Demex40(m): 10:02pm On Sep 07, 2015
Lol i neva knew mate
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Tobbey(m): 10:04pm On Sep 07, 2015
Thanks for the info
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by mayorjosh(m): 10:08pm On Sep 07, 2015
gabazin080:
Cool facts. Good to know.

another true but hard to believe fact is that one of King Solomon's wife was buried in my hometown of OKE ERI close to ijebu ode in ogun state

www.informationng.com/2015/06/confirmed-biblical-queen-sheba-died-and-buried-in-nigeria-photos.html

I knw d place.its around d secondary school I attended at atan.when we got there here grave was surrounded by weeds but the grave itself was only filled with spider webs(na plain soil d grave b ooo.no weed)
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by jammyunn(m): 10:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
Please Ogunlesi doesn't own Gatwick. The company that he heads, Global Infrastructures (founded by Credit Swisse and General Electric) have 44percent shares in Gatwick giving them controlling stake.

1 Like

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Fialm: 10:17pm On Sep 07, 2015
mayorjosh:

I knw d place.its around d secondary school I attended at atan.when we got there here grave was surrounded by weeds but the grave itself was only filled with spider webs(na plain soil d grave b ooo.no weed)
Some one also told me abt d place wen I was schooling in Ijebu then but come to think of it shey na Ijebu land Solomon Live or d wife corpse dropped frm heaven? Abi she waka reach dere?
I was told dat the grave dey clean any dirt wey drop on top of am shaarply.Abeg shey na true talk?

1 Like

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by chanx: 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
Amazing facts
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
gabazin080:
Cool facts. Good to know.

another true but hard to believe fact is that one of King Solomon's wife was buried in my hometown of OKE ERI close to ijebu ode in ogun state

www.informationng.com/2015/06/confirmed-biblical-queen-sheba-died-and-buried-in-nigeria-photos.html
no wonder yorobahMehn are enslaved to either toto or CUNTinent. The rest like anus and yanshes. The average ones molest under age girls.

Ewwwww!

They tampered with the corpse of Late King Solo's barney.

1 Like

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by supereagle(m): 10:30pm On Sep 07, 2015
Orona was a brave warrior. He stopped slave raid. Nobody was captured as a slave in ILARO when he was alive.
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by babaarewa(m): 10:38pm On Sep 07, 2015
Abudu2000:
there is nothing cool about it in fact all these so called frabricated traditions the UK keeps like the bank of englan being the most secure is long outdated and should be replace with more recent artifactsfir Christ sake
please take it cool and don't cry they have a tradition.

2 Likes

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by dhorlipizzu(m): 10:41pm On Sep 07, 2015
siraj1402:
Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!!
1. There is a town in Jamaica called ABEOKUTA. It was founded by former slaves from present-day Ogun State who were brought to a plantation in that part of Jamaica.
2· In Turkish, the bird we call a Turkey is called "Hindi" ("from India"wink. In India, it's called "Peru." In Arabic, the bird is called "Greek chicken"; in Greek it's called "French chicken"; and in French it's called "Indian chicken." The bird is indigenous to none of these places.
3· The letter 'i' that Apple uses (in their products iPhone, iPad, iMac, iPod) stands for "Interactive".
4· Edward James Roye, the fifth president of Liberia, was of Igbo descent.
5· President Robert Mugabe is Africa’s oldest Head of State and the world’s second oldest Head of State. He was born in 1924.
6· The name"Nigeria" was coined by Flora Shaw, the wife of Lord Lugard, Nigeria's Governor-General from 1914 to 1919.
7· There is a high school in Kingston, Jamaica named CALABAR High School, the capital of Cross River State.
8· Queen Elizabeth II is the only person who travels to any country without International Passport.
9· Ebun House, located at 85 Odunfa Street, was the first three-story building built in Lagos. It was constructed in 1914.
10· The city of Port Harcourt (capital ofRivers State) was named after Lewis Vernon Harcourt in 1913 by Frederick Lugard. It was originally known as Iguocha.
11· There are 3 things the Human Brain cannot resist noticing –Food, Attractive People and Danger.
12· The CMS Grammar School in Lagos, Nigeria is the oldest secondary school in Nigeria. It was founded on June 6, 1859.
13· The first book written in the Igbo language (Isoama-Ibo :A Primer) was by Samuel Ajayi Crowther, the renowned Yoruba/Creole bishop.
14· Gatwick Airport in London, which is not that far from Heathrow Airport also in London, England is owned by Nigerian businessman Adebayo Ogunlesi.
15· The Naira, Nigeria’s currency, was named by Obafemi Awolowo.
16· Nigerian staple food cassava was brought to West Africa from Brazil by the Portuguese.
17. The Official Residence of the President of Barbados, a Caribbean country, very close to Jamaica and Bahamas, is called Oronna Court. The name Oronna was used by two Barbadorian Citizens close to a decade in tracing their origin to Ilaro in Ogun state. One was named Odewale and the other was named Aramide Oronna( the German Shephard man) was one of the hero/founders of Ilaro town alongside Iya Ala. Oronnais just like the likes of Lisabi and Shodeke in Egbaland.
Surprised? Dig more!
‪#‎FactFile‬

No be lie
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by KLand(m): 10:45pm On Sep 07, 2015
Amazing facts. Thanks for the research.
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by gabazin080(m): 10:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
shadowgwalker:
no wonder yorobahMehn are enslaved to either toto or CUNTinent. The rest like anus and yanshes. The average ones molest under age girls.

Ewwwww!

They tampered with the corpse of Late King Solo's barney.
your brain needs to be checked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Roadmap27(m): 10:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
Siraj is very talented ! I love his pic illustration infact dat is a great proverb
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Neplusultra(f): 10:57pm On Sep 07, 2015
Na dat No. 8 make sense pass cool

You Dont have to remind me of No. 6 undecided
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by 3kay945(m): 11:01pm On Sep 07, 2015
solonazzy:
To ur no 9, is dat building in Badagry?.... Went Dr for excursion as a kid n was told dats d 1st story building in Nigeria....... Except dem lie

No, 9 stated 3 storey building while that in Badagry is a storey building.
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by gabby227(m): 11:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
Just confirmed the one of Calabar high school Jamaica its a male school. What a coincident. Who copied who now? Or maybe they are related or something, dnt get it actually.
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Rexnegro(m): 11:09pm On Sep 07, 2015
Demmocrats:
Its the Turkey part I love so much so so funny grin
So so funny ? You no well then cos that aint funny to me at all...its a fact and not a joke.
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by CINDY74(f): 11:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
CUM4WHAT:
u highly welcome to nairaland...... Hope u do enjoy yur stay here wif me.... wink u highly welcome to nairaland...... Hope u do enjoy yur stay here wif me.... wink wink
lol! i've been around for few months,but as a guest.thanks anyway kiss
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by ArodewilliamsT: 11:31pm On Sep 07, 2015
Idrismusty97:
I hope the bigots saw this?

I was scrolling down hoping to catch fools like you. Thank God.

The first Autobiography ever written by a black African was written by Olaudah Equaino(Ikwuano) in 1789 before crowther was born. Black African literature started with this Igbo(Eboe) man. Bishop crowther the Creole from sierra got his inspiration from Olaudah's work.
Olaudah an Igbo schooled your crowther, go check the history of black london. grin

3 Likes

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Harmvirus(f): 11:38pm On Sep 07, 2015
Cool facts.
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by CUM4WHAT(m): 11:40pm On Sep 07, 2015
CINDY74:
lol! i've been around for few months,but as a guest.thanks anyway kiss
kiss every angel watches b4 leaping. Nice having u around ;-) wink... Do u mind i take you on a tour and show you NL in 3D before i gve me a ring:-P .
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by CINDY74(f): 11:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
CUM4WHAT:
kiss every angel watches b4 leaping. Nice having u around ;-) wink... Do u mind i take you on a tour and show you NL in 3D before i gve me a ring:-P .
sounds cool cheesy "ring"? I reserve my comment lipsrsealed
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Psuedy(f): 11:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
siraj1402:
Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!!
1. There is a town in Jamaica called ABEOKUTA. It was founded by former slaves from present-day Ogun State who were brought to a plantation in that part of Jamaica.
2· In Turkish, the bird we call a Turkey is called "Hindi" ("from India"wink. In India, it's called "Peru." In Arabic, the bird is called "Greek chicken"; in Greek it's called "French chicken"; and in French it's called "Indian chicken." The bird is indigenous to none of these places.
3· The letter 'i' that Apple uses (in their products iPhone, iPad, iMac, iPod) stands for "Interactive".
4· Edward James Roye, the fifth president of Liberia, was of Igbo descent.
5· President Robert Mugabe is Africa’s oldest Head of State and the world’s second oldest Head of State. He was born in 1924.
6· The name"Nigeria" was coined by Flora Shaw, the wife of Lord Lugard, Nigeria's Governor-General from 1914 to 1919.
7· There is a high school in Kingston, Jamaica named CALABAR High School, the capital of Cross River State.
8· Queen Elizabeth II is the only person who travels to any country without International Passport.
9· Ebun House, located at 85 Odunfa Street, was the first three-story building built in Lagos. It was constructed in 1914.
10· The city of Port Harcourt (capital ofRivers State) was named after Lewis Vernon Harcourt in 1913 by Frederick Lugard. It was originally known as Iguocha.
11· There are 3 things the Human Brain cannot resist noticing –Food, Attractive People and Danger.
12· The CMS Grammar School in Lagos, Nigeria is the oldest secondary school in Nigeria. It was founded on June 6, 1859.
13· The first book written in the Igbo language (Isoama-Ibo :A Primer) was by Samuel Ajayi Crowther, the renowned Yoruba/Creole bishop.
14· Gatwick Airport in London, which is not that far from Heathrow Airport also in London, England is owned by Nigerian businessman Adebayo Ogunlesi.
15· The Naira, Nigeria’s currency, was named by Obafemi Awolowo.
16· Nigerian staple food cassava was brought to West Africa from Brazil by the Portuguese.
17. The Official Residence of the President of Barbados, a Caribbean country, very close to Jamaica and Bahamas, is called Oronna Court. The name Oronna was used by two Barbadorian Citizens close to a decade in tracing their origin to Ilaro in Ogun state. One was named Odewale and the other was named Aramide Oronna( the German Shephard man) was one of the hero/founders of Ilaro town alongside Iya Ala. Oronnais just like the likes of Lisabi and Shodeke in Egbaland.
Surprised? Dig more!
‪#‎FactFile‬

Tnks for sharing....by d way ; Portharcourt = Ugwu-ocha..
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by CSTR2: 11:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
Very boring .
I expected something better.
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by noblegrex: 11:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
Nice one guy!such a good and interesting research.its not an easy job.I'm giving you an award of a doctor in research.but if u r a doctor,I'm honoring you with a Professor.more research pls.atleast I learnt somfin,thumbs up GUY
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by CUM4WHAT(m): 11:57pm On Sep 07, 2015
CINDY74:
sounds cool cheesy "ring"? I reserve my comment lipsrsealed
lol u doubting rite? Lets book a flight to 'romance section' b4 ticket runs out%-)
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by MightySparrow: 12:17am On Sep 08, 2015
Idrismusty97:
I hope the bigots saw this?

So na yoruba man teach the e - diots book and dey don turn. dey use the weapon of letters dey abuse him people?
Dia is God ooooo
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by solonazzy: 12:20am On Sep 08, 2015
3kay945:

No, 9 stated 3 storey building while that in Badagry is a storey building.
OK.... Dat skipped my attention
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by goxie(m): 12:26am On Sep 08, 2015
interesting, at least ave learnt one or two things.kudos too u.
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by MightySparrow: 12:29am On Sep 08, 2015
kozmokaz:
. Liberia is far ahead of Nigeria in terms of unity!! fact.
After the dynasty of bastards from igbo descent was ousted, pray the rest of Nigeria will experience unity when the Biafra finally are ousted out of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy / JAMB Officially Release CBT Registration 2017/18 Form - See Requirements / Shola Eshiobo, Auchi Poly Dean Of Students’ Affairs Found Dead In His Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.