Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Power Of Incumbence In Africa - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Power Of Incumbence In Africa (1271 Views)

My thoughts on Tim Wise's "Understanding the Power of Whiteness" / The Power Of Oil (us Apologises Over Gaddafi Comments) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Power Of Incumbence In Africa by olaak1(m): 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2006
Yesterday, Levy Manawasa of Zambia was swon-in for another five years term, the samething is applicable to president Museveni of Uganda's case, Idris Debby of Chad even amended his country's constitution single-handedlly from two to three term for him to run, the third term.Gambian president recentlly said and i quote "no coup or election can push me out of power."what an undemocratic statement.
     Thank God for honourable members of  Nigerian National Assembly for throwing third term bill into dustbin; "Uncle Sege" would have impose himself on Nigerians. Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, this 82 years old man has refuse to quit power since the south African country got her indipendence from the British in 1980 despite the acute inflation facing the tining country recentlly. Iwant to believe there other young vibrant Zimbawean better than Mugabe who can really rectify the situation.Some African countries even experience a baton of power passing from father to his son; Faure Gnassingbe, Joseph Kabila of Togo and DRC repectivelly, especially in Togo where i live, most of important ministries are head by Eyadema's children.
     The question is, is the power of incumbence unbreakable in Africa despite  its obvious maladmistration or is Africa jinxed from having "a wind of change?" a co-listener to "Focus on Africa" a daily programme on BBC texted from Kenya yesterday he said "there is no point for any opposition to vie against any incumbent president in Africa  since it seems most of them don't want quit power" i  want to agree with this guy. I asked a question via"yahoo ask your questoin" yesterday"Africa deserve compesation on the blatant brutality experienced during the western colonialism" the answer i got from one James Stone from Iowa in U.S was shocking, he said the brutality presently facing African by thier own leaders is more worst than the one they faced during colonial era. Damn right he was. Take Nigeria for example, how many poeple had being killed this year alone because they showed intrest in politics?Many civilians were killed during election here in Togo simply because they wanted to reprimand any form of oppression, the killing of opposition in Chad by Idris Debby's government can never be under-estimated during and after electoin. The question is this, are we African going to fold our hands and watch this power extremist killing our dear continent, how long are we going to be watching, how long?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News!!!!! Nelson Mandela Is Not Dead / Rupert Murdoch - The Man Who Decides What The Rest Of Us Should Not Hear / What Happened To The West I Was Born In?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.