Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,770 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! (1273 Views)

Russia Mocks U.S, Biden & The West Over "Fake" Claims Of Ukraine Invasion (Pics) / Putin Tests 'unstoppable ' Hypersonic Missile As Tension Rage With The West(Pix) / Driver ‘rams Israeli Checkpoint’ As Deadly Violence Engulfs The West Bank( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by aiir2303(m): 7:40pm On Mar 29, 2018
Frankly, I am awed, amazed and even embarrassed. I was born in Switzerland, lived most of my life there, I also visited most of Europe, and I lived in the USA for over 20 years. Yet in my worst nightmares I could not have imagined the West sinking as low as it does now. I mean, yes, I know about the false flags, the corruption, the colonial wars, the NATO lies, the abject subservience of East Europeans, etc. I wrote about all that many times. But imperfect as they were, and that is putting it mildly, I remember Helmut Schmidt, Maggie Thatcher, Reagan, Mitterrand, even Chirac! And I remember what the Canard Enchaîné used to be, or even the BBC. During the Cold War the West was hardly a knight in white shining armor, but still – rule of law did matter, as did at least some degree of critical thinking.

I am now deeply embarrassed for the West. And very, very afraid.

All I see today is a submissive herd lead by true, bona fide, psychopaths (in a clinical sense of the word)

And that is not the worst thing.

The worst thing is the deafening silence, the way everybody just looks away, pretends like “ain’t my business” or, worse, actually takes all this grotesque spectacle seriously. What the Bleep is wrong with you people?! Have you all been turned into zombies?! WAKE UP!!!!!!!

Let me carefully measure my words here and tell you the blunt truth.

Since the Neocon coup against Trump the West is now on exactly the same course as Nazi Germany was in, roughly, the mid 1930s.

Oh sure, the ideology is different, the designated scapegoat also. But the mindset is *exactly* the same.

Same causes produce the same effects. But this time around, there are weapons on both sides which make the Dresden Holocaust looks like a minor spark.

So now we have this touching display of “western solidarity” not with UK or the British people, but with the City of London. Now ain’t that touching?!

Let me ask you this: what has been the central feature of Britain’s policies towards Europe, oh, let’s say since the Middle-Ages?

That’s right: starting wars in Europe.

And this time around you think it’s different?

Does: “the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior” somehow not apply to the UK?!

Let me also tell you this: when Napoleon and Hitler attacked Russia she was undergoing deep crises and was objectively weak (really! research it for yourself!). In both cases Russian society was deeply torn by internal contradictions and the time for attack as ideal.

Not today.

So I ask this simple question: do you really want to go to war against a fully united nuclear Russia?

You think that this is hyperbole?

Think again.

The truth is that the situation today is infinitely worse than the Cuban missile crisis. First, during the Cuban missile crisis there were rational people on both side. Today there is NOT ONE SINGLE RATIONAL PERSON LEFT IN A POSITION OF POWER IN THE USA. Not ONE! Second, during the Cuban missile crisis all the new was reporting on was the crisis, the entire planet felt like we were standing at the edge of the abyss.

Today nobody seems to be aware that we are about to go to war, possibly a thermonuclear war, where casualties will be counted in the hundreds of millions.

All because of what?

Because the people of the West have accepted, or don’t even know, that they are ruled by an ugly gang of ignorant, arrogant psychopaths.

At the very least this situation shows this:

Representative democracy does not work.

The rule of law only applies to the weak and poor.

Western values have now been reduced to a sad joke.

Capitalism needs war and a world hegemony to survive.

The AngloZionist Empire is about to collapse, the only open question is how and at what cost.

Right now they are expelling Russian diplomats en masse and they are feeling very strong and manly. Polish and Ukrainian politicians are undergoing a truly historical surge in courage and self-confidence! (hiding, as they do, behind Anglo firepower)

The truth is that this is only the tip of a much bigger iceberg. In reality, crucial expert-level consultations, which are so vitally important between nuclear superpowers, have all but stopped a long time ago. We are down to top level telephone calls. That kind of stuff happens when two sides are about to go to war. For many months now Russia and NATO have made preparations for war in Europe. And Russia is ready. NATO sure ain’t! Oh, they have the numbers and they think they are strong. The truth is that these NATO midgets have no idea of what is about to hit them, when the Russians go to war these NATO statelets won’t even understand what is happening to them. Very rapidly the real action will be left to the USA and Russia. Thus any conflict will go nuclear very fast. And, for the first time in history, the USA will be hit very, very hard, not only in Europe, the Middle-East or Asia, but also on the continental US.

I was born in a Russian military family and I studied Russian and Soviet military affairs all my life. I can absolutely promise you this, please don’t doubt it for one second: Russia will not back down and, if cornered, she will wipe out your entire civilization. The Russians really don’t want war, they fear it (as they should!) and they will do everything to avoid it. But if attacked then expect a response of absolutely devastating violence. Don’t take it from me, take it from Putin who clearly said so himself and who, at least on that issue, is supported by about 95% of the population. From the Eastern Crusades to the Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union, enough is enough, and the Russians will not take one more western attack, especially not one backed by nuclear firepower. Again, please ponder Putin’s words very, very carefully: “what need would we have a world if there is no Russia?“

All that for what? The USA and Russia have NO objective reasons to do anything but to collaborate (the Russians are absolutely baffled the fact the leaders of the USA seem to be completely oblivious to this simple fact). Okay, the City of London does have a lot of reasons to want Russia gone and silent. As Gavin Williamson, the little soy-boy in charge of UK “defense”, so elegantly put it, Russia should “go away and shut up”. Right. Let me tell you – it ain’t happening! Britannia will be turned into a heap of radioactive ashes long before Russian goes away or shuts up. That is simply a fact.

What baffles me is this: do American leaders really want to lose their country in behalf of a small nasty clique of arrogant British pompous asses who think that they still are an Empire? Did you even take a look at Boris Johnson, Theresa May and Gavin Williamson? Are you really ready to die in defense of the interest of these degenerates?!

I don’t get it and nobody in Russia does.

Yeah, I know, all they did is expel some diplomats. And the Russians will do the same. So what? But that’s missing the point!

LOOK NOT WHERE WE ARE BUT WHERE WE ARE HEADING!!

Read More @ TheSaker.is

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by heendrix(m): 7:53pm On Mar 29, 2018
aiir2303:
Frankly, I am awed, amazed and even embarrassed. I was born in Switzerland, lived most of my life there, I also visited most of Europe, and I lived in the USA for over 20 years. Yet in my worst nightmares I could not have imagined the West sinking as low as it does now. I mean, yes, I know about the false flags, the corruption, the colonial wars, the NATO lies, the abject subservience of East Europeans, etc. I wrote about all that many times. But imperfect as they were, and that is putting it mildly, I remember Helmut Schmidt, Maggie Thatcher, Reagan, Mitterrand, even Chirac! And I remember what the Canard Enchaîné used to be, or even the BBC. During the Cold War the West was hardly a knight in white shining armor, but still – rule of law did matter, as did at least some degree of critical thinking.

All I see today is a submissive herd lead by true, bona fide, psychopaths (in a clinical sense of the word)

The worst thing is the deafening silence, the way everybody just looks away, pretends like “ain’t my business” or, worse, actually takes all this grotesque spectacle seriously. What the Bleep is wrong with you people?! Have you all been turned into zombies?! WAKE UP!!!!!!!

Since the Neocon coup against Trump the West is now on exactly the same course as Nazi Germany was in, roughly, the mid 1930s.

Oh sure, the ideology is different, the designated scapegoat also. But the mindset is *exactly* the same.

Same causes produce the same effects. But this time around, there are weapons on both sides which make the Dresden Holocaust looks like a minor spark.

So now we have this touching display of “western solidarity” not with UK or the British people, but with the City of London. Now ain’t that touching?!

Let me ask you this: what has been the central feature of Britain’s policies towards Europe, oh, let’s say since the Middle-Ages?

Does: “the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior” somehow not apply to the UK?!

Let me also tell you this: when Napoleon and Hitler attacked Russia she was undergoing deep crises and was objectively weak (really! research it for yourself!). In both cases Russian society was deeply torn by internal contradictions and the time for attack as ideal.

Not today.

So I ask this simple question: do you really want to go to war against a fully united nuclear Russia?

Think again.

The truth is that the situation today is infinitely worse than the Cuban missile crisis. First, during the Cuban missile crisis there were rational people on both side. Today there is NOT ONE SINGLE RATIONAL PERSON LEFT IN A POSITION OF POWER IN THE USA. Not ONE! Second, during the Cuban missile crisis all the new was reporting on was the crisis, the entire planet felt like we were standing at the edge of the abyss.

Today nobody seems to be aware that we are about to go to war, possibly a thermonuclear war, where casualties will be counted in the hundreds of millions.

All because of what?

Because the people of the West have accepted, or don’t even know, that they are ruled by an ugly gang of ignorant, arrogant psychopaths.

The AngloZionist Empire is about to collapse, the only open question is how and at what cost.

Right now they are expelling Russian diplomats en masse and they are feeling very strong and manly. Polish and Ukrainian politicians are undergoing a truly historical surge in courage and self-confidence! (hiding, as they do, behind Anglo firepower)

The truth is that this is only the tip of a much bigger iceberg. In reality, crucial expert-level consultations, which are so vitally important between nuclear superpowers, have all but stopped a long time ago. We are down to top level telephone calls. That kind of stuff happens when two sides are about to go to war. For many months now Russia and NATO have made preparations for war in Europe. And Russia is ready. NATO sure ain’t! Oh, they have the numbers and they think they are strong. The truth is that these NATO midgets have no idea of what is about to hit them, when the Russians go to war these NATO statelets won’t even understand what is happening to them. Very rapidly the real action will be left to the USA and Russia. Thus any conflict will go nuclear very fast. And, for the first time in history, the USA will be hit very, very hard, not only in Europe, the Middle-East or Asia, but also on the continental US.

I was born in a Russian military family and I studied Russian and Soviet military affairs all my life. I can absolutely promise you this, please don’t doubt it for one second: Russia will not back down and, if cornered, she will wipe out your entire civilization. The Russians really don’t want war, they fear it (as they should!) and they will do everything to avoid it. But if attacked then expect a response of absolutely devastating violence. Don’t take it from me, take it from Putin who clearly said so himself and who, at least on that issue, is supported by about 95% of the population. From the Eastern Crusades to the Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union, enough is enough, and the Russians will not take one more western attack, especially not one backed by nuclear firepower. Again, please ponder Putin’s words very, very carefully: “what need would we have a world if there is no Russia?“

All that for what? The USA and Russia have NO objective reasons to do anything but to collaborate (the Russians are absolutely baffled the fact the leaders of the USA seem to be completely oblivious to this simple fact). Okay, the City of London does have a lot of reasons to want Russia gone and silent. As Gavin Williamson, the little soy-boy in charge of UK “defense”, so elegantly put it, Russia should “go away and shut up”. Right. Let me tell you – it ain’t happening! Britannia will be turned into a heap of radioactive ashes long before Russian goes away or shuts up. That is simply a fact.

What baffles me is this: do American leaders really want to lose their country in behalf of a small nasty clique of arrogant British pompous asses who think that they still are an Empire? Did you even take a look at Boris Johnson, Theresa May and Gavin Williamson? Are you really ready to die in defense of the interest of these degenerates?!

Yeah, I know, all they did is expel some diplomats. And the Russians will do the same. So what? But that’s missing the point!

Read More @ TheSaker.is

alaye if Putin has paid you to type all this shit better go return the money asap càuse you obviously have no idea what you talking about

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 29, 2018
aiir2303:

Not today.

Think again.

All because of what?

Read More @ TheSaker.is
Diversity is good for the West.
Marry black people, produce mulatto babies and desist from racism.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by malele(m): 8:13pm On Mar 29, 2018
heendrix:

alaye if Putin has paid you to type all this shit better go return the money asap càuse you obviously have no idea what you talking about

Dawg this guy knows what he is talking believe me.
I was really disappointed when trump carry useless uk matter for head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by heendrix(m): 8:18pm On Mar 29, 2018
malele:

Dawg this guy knows what he is talking believe me.
I was really disappointed when trump carry useless uk matter for head

the thing is a war between Russia and US would leave no winner they both would suffer and to even see US got more allies and more influence pushes Russia on the loosing end
Re: What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by aiir2303(m): 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2018
heendrix:

Does it look like I wrote this myself.. Abeg shift if you dont see the salient points that was raised and his genuine concern for the West it simply means you merely rushed to post something not necessarily to make sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 30, 2018
3 important lessons from this succinct article.

1.) Today nobody seems to be aware that we are about to go to war, possibly a thermonuclear war, where casualties will be counted in the hundreds of millions. grin

2.) We are down to top level telephone calls. That kind of stuff happens when two sides are about to go to war. For many months now Russia and NATO have made preparations for war in Europe. And Russia is ready. NATO sure ain’t! Oh, they have the numbers and they think they are strong. The truth is that these NATO midgets have no idea of what is about to hit them, when the Russians go to war these NATO statelets won’t even understand what is happening to them. grin

3.) Again, please ponder Putin’s words very, very carefully: “what need would we have a world if there is no Russia?" grin cheesy grin

Comrades! It is an honour & a privilege to be part of the winning team - Up, Up Russia! grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by panafrican(m): 2:31pm On Mar 30, 2018
aiir2303:

Read More @ TheSaker.is

So true.
The times of dignity , common sense , wisdom and restraint are looonnnnng gone since people like De Gaulle, Mitterrand, Thatcher, Carter,
Reagan left.
Why ? Because Europeans don't give a rat rear anymore if traditional family values get the spit. Wonder whether Europeans even remember the names and traditions of their ancestors. Big shame.
To get elected today in Europe one has to praise gays and lesbians, lie, say it is normal to attack and tear apart countries like Syria, Libya, Iran, North Korea, Russia or any country in Africa.

We reached the point where E.U. armies are being used not for national defense but as a band of mercenaries taking orders from any gangster who becomes president or prime minister in Europe.

Those thugs self- styled 'Democracy -advocates' elected officials plunder countries for self gain.
Just see what happened in Cote d'Ivoire.The whole country was robbed, torn apart by Sarkozy who put in power a thief, an usurper illegal immigrant from Upper Volta now Burkina Faso.
People who are looking where Sarkozy might be hiding the millions he took from Gaddafi should check the lockers of Allassane Ouattara the criminal liar who is calling himself president of Cote d'Ivoire.

The sad part of this story of European leaders acting like gangsters is they have their associates in Africa.
Those African " rois negres" are the first zealots who would race to give the European invader that rope he would use to hang any African leader who refuses to bow.
Ecowas for instance is nothing but an answering machine ready to recite whatever a French or British leader would say.
CHINA built the building where the whole 54-Nation African Union meets, can you imagine ! !!
Not only that China is financing the headquarter where Ecowas will be housed. Still those African leaders are talking about African sovereignty !

Europe is on the loose, weakened by greed and the degenerated homosexual perversion,
Africa is refusing to set itself free,
warmongers in America and Europe want the West to go to war with Russia ,China, Iran and India.
All these things considered, it is fair to say the world is on a suicide mission.

Conclusion :
God is 100% right to make himself invisible to mankind.You don't let a fool see you.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by seunny4lif(m): 4:46pm On Mar 30, 2018
heendrix:

the thing is a war between Russia and US would leave no winner they both would suffer and to even see US got more allies and more influence pushes Russia on the loosing end
Allies you said?
Remember Germany and USSR with Italy were allies before WW2 but what happened later.
This time around will even be worst.

Isreal vs Most Arabs
Iran vs SAUDI
China vs Japan
SK vs NK
Russia vs USA
Serbia vs Kosovo
Turkey vs Kurds
Poland vs Germany
Germany vs France
Anti-Immigrants uprising
Nigeria vs Biafra
Problem everywhere

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by aiir2303(m): 10:04am On Mar 31, 2018
Zoharariel:
3 important lessons from this succinct article.

1.) Today nobody seems to be aware that we are about to go to war, possibly a thermonuclear war, where casualties will be counted in the hundreds of millions. grin

2.) We are down to top level telephone calls. That kind of stuff happens when two sides are about to go to war. For many months now Russia and NATO have made preparations for war in Europe. And Russia is ready. NATO sure ain’t! Oh, they have the numbers and they think they are strong. The truth is that these NATO midgets have no idea of what is about to hit them, when the Russians go to war these NATO statelets won’t even understand what is happening to them. grin

3.) Again, please ponder Putin’s words very, very carefully: “what need would we have a world if there is no Russia?" grin cheesy grin

Comrades! It is an honour & a privilege to be part of the winning team - Up, Up Russia! grin
It's an honour my friend

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by Appleyard(m): 10:37am On Mar 31, 2018
heendrix:

Brother, stop sounding like the western zombified populace. So you don't know that once countries start packing diplomats, it's a recipe for foreseeable war? And we are talking thermonuclear warfare?
Even rogue states like North Korea still have their diplomats intact in western states and in the US, despite the severe sanctions. You should no better.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by Appleyard(m): 10:45am On Mar 31, 2018
seunny4lif:

Allies you said?
Remember Germany and USSR with Italy were allies before WW2 but what happened later.
This time around will even be worst.

Isreal vs Most Arabs
Iran vs SAUDI
China vs Japan
SK vs NK
Russia vs USA
Serbia vs Kosovo
Turkey vs Kurds
Poland vs Germany
Germany vs France
Anti-Immigrants uprising
Nigeria vs Biafra
Problem everywhere

The Nigerian side got me laughing grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 01, 2018
panafrican:

Conclusion :
God is 100% right to make himself invisible to mankind.You don't let a fool see you.

You completely missed the point

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by JUHABACH: 9:57am On Apr 01, 2018
so many pro russian hacks on nairaland these days. *sigh* there isn't going to be a war. at least not for the forseeable future. as for the rest of the OP' s post... smh.
Re: What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by aiir2303(m): 10:56am On Apr 01, 2018
JUHABACH:
so many pro russian hacks on nairaland these days. *sigh* there isn't going to be a war. at least not for the forseeable future. as for the rest of the OP' s post... smh.

what's your evidence that all these fine gentlemen here are Russian hacks. Ogbeni don't spew rubbish like a western brainwashed and conditioned piece of work. So anyone with a different perspective or narrative different from your Anglo Zionist lords is now a Russian Hack your brainwashing is complete

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by JUHABACH: 3:51pm On Apr 01, 2018
aiir2303:
what's your evidence that all these fine gentlemen here are Russian hacks. Ogbeni don't spew rubbish like a western brainwashed and conditioned piece of work. So anyone with a different perspective or narrative different from your Anglo Zionist lords is now a Russian Hack your brainwashing is complete

smh. I call you all hacks because as the old saying goes, if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and swims like a duck, then it's a duck.
you guys thrive on conspiracy theories and I have never once seen a semblance of critical thinking from any of you. you essentially act like sycophants and are so far gone you can't even keep up with your own BS. case in point, the OP.
on the face of it, it is a poorly constructed combination of words filled with inaccuracies and a blatant display of ignorance. upon closet examination, it's even worse.
below I highlighted some of the BS. it was really hard on my eyes having to read through such a steaming pile of BS. you should honestly be paying me. *lol*
1) "Since the Neocon coup against Trump"

first question, are you a trump supporter? please even if you ignore my reply, at least answer this question so that I ll know just how seriously I should take you next time.

2) "the West is now on exactly the same course as Nazi Germany"

pray, do tell. the fact that you honestly hold this opinion screams that you re either trolling in which case, nice one or you are delusional.

3) "what has been the central feature of Britain’s policies towards Europe, oh, let’s say since the Middle-Ages?
That’s right: starting wars in Europe."

what is it with all you pro russian hacks? every time I think you've reached a new low in historical inaccuracies, y'all just keep going lower. it's fascinating actually.
Britain wasn't going about starting wars over Europe. I would ask you for proof but I m pretty sure I would get nothing in return.
Here is a list of all military conflicts in Europe
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conflicts_in_Europe

notice how very few of them have anything to do with Britain. fact is Britain has never really cared much for its European neighbours and this attitude has carried on right to the it's time in the European Union in which France, Belgium and Germany took the leadership role while Britain was for the most part, content to take advantage of the access it gained to European markets as well as investments. heck, Britain never even adopted the Euro currency opting instead for its pound sterling.
Back to the point of conflicts in Europe involving Britain, yes they have partook in quite a few conflicts but;
a) so had every other goddamn country (and even cities) in European continent. Heck before the latter stages of the 19th century, Europe was essentially a clusterfuck of conflict after conflict for various reasons raging from rebellions to rivalries.
b) perhaps most important of all, most of the conflicts engaged in were in protection of economic interests. trade and real estate were the major driving force behind European economies in the middle ages (and even now). hence various states from time to time engaged in conflicts ranging from short skirmishes to full blown war to either protect or acquire more real estate and advantages in trade e.g. trade routes and ports. classic examples of this include the anglo-dutch war and the anglo-spanish war.

not to mention at the time, war resulted in volitility which not only affected trade (trading ships and cargos were at more risk at times of war) but also put strain on the limited useful real estate.

basically not only did Britain not go around starting wars as you claim but (especially in the middle ages), there wasn't much incentive to do so.

4) "when Napoleon and Hitler attacked Russia"
ah yes... this point is a favorite amongst pro russian hacks. allow me to educate you for a bit.
Both Napoleon and Hitler lost when they invaded russia.
both had the most feared military in Europe at the time
And both made pretty similar tactical blunders that lead to their defeat.
the defeat that Napoleon and Hitler suffered in Russia had less to do with the people and more to do with the climate. the Russian Territory is not only exceedingly large but it's climate is exceed ly difficult. even with superior military forces, fighting in unfavorable climate counts for a lot.
not to mention both failed to compensate for this disadvantage by making appropriate use of Logistics. I have said this before in another thread. wars are won and lost not based on superior weaponry but on logistics. in that regard both Hitler and Napoleon failed woefully. Napoleon lost most of his men even before he got a chance to do battle and Hitler invaded russia not just against the advice of his generals thus putting further strain upon Germany ' s military resources which was already spread pretty thin but also Hitler ' s obsession with giant weaponry as opposed to small, but efficient weapons cost him a lot more than whatever resistance the Russians offered. larger weapons are slower, more expensive (and thus much fewer in number), require greater and more frequent maintenance and most importantly, they weren't designed for the Russian climate.
essentially all the Russians had to do was abuse their overwhelming numerical advantage to get victory and even then, they still suffered massive casualties (the battle of stalingrad alone had more casualty than any other battle in WW 2 and the Russians suffered a far higher casualty count than any other Allies nation. COMBINED).
Again note that Hitler was fighting on multiple fronts all over Europe. if he had followed the advice of his generals and first taken down Europe before making adequate plans to take down Russia, it would have been a different story.

5) "that the situation today is infinitely worse than the Cuban missile crisis."

this is one of the silliest statements I have seen in a long while. the current situation is a far cry from the Cuban missile crisis. the Cuban missile crisis was the closest the world came to mutually assured destruction and I don't mean figuratively. the world was literally a false alarm away from a nuclear holocaust and but for the man below, we would all be dead.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanislav_Petrov

if you really think that the world is even at that lvl (talk less of "infinitely worse"wink then I ve got bridges for sale in kebbi.

6) "Today nobody seems to be aware that we are about to go to war"

perhaps nobody seems to be aware for same reason nobody seems to be aware that unicorns and fairies exist.

7) "At the very least this situation shows this:Representative democracy does not work."
no system is perfect. and representative democracy has its fault as does any system of government. it has flaws that needs fixing. but to say it doesn't work is a fantastically silly statement to requires one to have a borderline allergy to facts.
South korea, Japan and most of Europe have somethings in common. they all practice some form of Representative democracy. they were all at some point during the 20th century in a state of Economic limbo. and they are all currently economic power houses with a general decline in crime rates and lack of any real military conflicts within their borders.

now kindly tell me how russian are any better of.

cool "The rule of law only applies to the weak and poor."

well no shit! those rules will never change and are even far more prevalent in your darling mother russia. the strong will always oppress the weak. but at least in a representative govt, the weak has some measure of control to elect their leaders and there is at least some semblance of a check on the strong to protect the weak (only a representative govt can ensure a truly independent judiciary).
basically you make a point and then literally bring up a point against it. you sure you're not trolling?

9) "For many months now Russia and NATO have made preparations for war in Europe."

source?

10) "And Russia is ready."

sure bruh.

11) "NATO sure ain’t! Oh, they have the numbers and they think they are strong."

didn't realise I was talking to a high ranking NATO commander. my bad

10) "The truth is that these NATO midgets have no idea of what is about to hit them, when the Russians go to war these NATO statelets won’t even understand what is happening to them."

*chuckles* cool story bruh.

I can absolutely promise you this, please don’t doubt it for one second: Russia will not back down and, if cornered, she will wipe out your entire civilization.

The USA and Russia have NO objective reasons to do anything but to collaborate.

the Russians are absolutely baffled the fact the leaders of the USA seem to be completely oblivious to this simple fact.

do American leaders really want to lose their country in behalf of a small nasty clique of arrogant British pompous asses who think that they still are an Empire? Did you 1) "Since the Neocon coup against Trump"

first question, are you a trump supporter? please even if you ignore my reply, at least answer this question so that I ll know just how seriously I should take you next time.

2) "the West is now on exactly the same course as Nazi Germany"

pray, do tell. the fact that you honestly hold this opinion screams that you re either trolling in which case, nice one or you are delusional.

3) "what has been the central feature of Britain’s policies towards Europe, oh, let’s say since the Middle-Ages?
That’s right: starting wars in Europe."

what is it with all you pro russian hacks? every time I think you've reached a new low in historical inaccuracies, y'all just keep going lower. it's fascinating actually.
Britain wasn't going about starting wars over Europe. I would ask you for proof but I m pretty sure I would get nothing in return.
Here is a list of all military conflicts in Europe
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conflicts_in_Europe

notice how very few of them have anything to do with Britain. fact is Britain has never really cared much for its European neighbours and this attitude has carried on right to the it's time in the European Union in which France, Belgium and Germany took the leadership role while Britain was for the most part, content to take advantage of the access it gained to European markets as well as investments. heck, Britain never even adopted the Euro currency opting instead for its pound sterling.
Back to the point of conflicts in Europe involving Britain, yes they have partook in quite a few conflicts but;
a) so had every other goddamn country (and even cities) in European continent. Heck before the latter stages of the 19th century, Europe was essentially a clusterfuck of conflict after conflict for various reasons raging from rebellions to rivalries.
b) perhaps most important of all, most of the conflicts engaged in were in protection of economic interests. trade and real estate were the major driving force behind European economies in the middle ages (and even now). hence various states from time to time engaged in conflicts ranging from short skirmishes to full blown war to either protect or acquire more real estate and advantages in trade e.g. trade routes and ports. classic examples of this include the anglo-dutch war and the anglo-spanish war.

not to mention at the time, war resulted in volitility which not only affected trade (trading ships and cargos were at more risk at times of war) but also put strain on the limited useful real estate.

basically not only did Britain not go around starting wars as you claim but (especially in the middle ages), there wasn't much incentive to do so.

4) "when Napoleon and Hitler attacked Russia"
ah yes... this point is a favorite amongst pro russian hacks. allow me to educate you for a bit.
Both Napoleon and Hitler lost when they invaded russia.
both had the most feared military in Europe at the time
And both made pretty similar tactical blunders that lead to their defeat.
the defeat that Napoleon and Hitler suffered in Russia had less to do with the people and more to do with the climate. the Russian Territory is not only exceedingly large but it's climate is exceed ly difficult. even with superior military forces, fighting in unfavorable climate counts for a lot.
not to mention both failed to compensate for this disadvantage by making appropriate use of Logistics. I have said this before in another thread. wars are won and lost not based on superior weaponry but on logistics. in that regard both Hitler and Napoleon failed woefully. Napoleon lost most of his men even before he got a chance to do battle and Hitler invaded russia not just against the advice of his generals thus putting further strain upon Germany ' s military resources which was already spread pretty thin but also Hitler ' s obsession with giant weaponry as opposed to small, but efficient weapons cost him a lot more than whatever resistance the Russians offered. larger weapons are slower, more expensive (and thus much fewer in number), require greater and more frequent maintenance and most importantly, they weren't designed for the Russian climate.
essentially all the Russians had to do was abuse their overwhelming numerical advantage to get victory and even then, they still suffered massive casualties (the battle of stalingrad alone had more casualty than any other battle in WW 2 and the Russians suffered a far higher casualty count than any other Allies nation. COMBINED).
Again note that Hitler was fighting on multiple fronts all over Europe. if he had followed the advice of his generals and first taken down Europe before making adequate plans to take down Russia, it would have been a different story.

5) "that the situation today is infinitely worse than the Cuban missile crisis."

this is one of the silliest statements I have seen in a long while. the current situation is a far cry from the Cuban missile crisis. the Cuban missile crisis was the closest the world came to mutually assured destruction and I don't mean figuratively. the world was literally a false alarm away from a nuclear holocaust and but for the man below, we would all be dead.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanislav_Petrov

if you really think that the world is even at that lvl (talk less of "infinitely worse"wink then I ve got bridges for sale in kebbi.

6) "Today nobody seems to be aware that we are about to go to war"

perhaps nobody seems to be aware for same reason nobody seems to be aware that unicorns and fairies exist.

7) "At the very least this situation shows this:Representative democracy does not work."
no system is perfect. and representative democracy has its fault as does any system of government. it has flaws that needs fixing. but to say it doesn't work is a fantastically silly statement to requires one to have a borderline allergy to facts.
South korea, Japan and most of Europe have somethings in common. they all practice some form of Representative democracy. they were all at some point during the 20th century in a state of Economic limbo. and they are all currently economic power houses with a general decline in crime rates and lack of any real military conflicts within their borders.

now kindly tell me how russian are any better of.

cool "The rule of law only applies to the weak and poor."

well no shit! those rules will never change and are even far more prevalent in your darling mother russia. the strong will always oppress the weak. but at least in a representative govt, the weak has some measure of control to elect their leaders and there is at least some semblance of a check on the strong to protect the weak (only a representative govt can ensure a truly independent judiciary).
basically you make a point and then literally bring up a point against it. you sure you're not trolling?

9) "For many months now Russia and NATO have made preparations for war in Europe."

source?

10) "And Russia is ready."

sure bruh.

11) "NATO sure ain’t! Oh, they have the numbers and they think they are strong."

didn't realise I was talking to a high ranking NATO commander. my bad

10) "The truth is that these NATO midgets have no idea of what is about to hit them, when the Russians go to war these NATO statelets won’t even understand what is happening to them."

*chuckles* cool story bruh. "NATO statelets". let's see. France alone has at least two aircraft carriers. Russia has one Soviet era carrier. they both have nukes (russia has more but then again, with nukes, you only need a few dozen to do damage and France has over two hundred).
In terms of pure military firepower, France and Britain alone could hold the Russian military to a stalemate (if you wish to debate this on another thread, feel free). Russian military is for the most part, a defensive force hence their focus on developing tactical defense weaponry such as the s 400. they sorely lack true stealth fighters, destroyers, the ability to effectively deploy a large amount to troops to any Territory on Europe that's not a neighboring nation etc. if russia decided to go to war against NATO Allies, the U.S. interference would only be to fulfill all righteousness.

11) "I can absolutely promise you this, please don’t doubt it for one second: Russia will not back down and, if cornered, she will wipe out your entire civilization."

literally any nuclear power in the world when cornered won't hesitate to use its nukes to ensure mutually assured destruction so I don't get what point you're trying to make here really.

12) "The USA and Russia have NO objective reasons to do anything but to collaborate.the Russians are absolutely baffled the fact the leaders of the USA seem to be completely oblivious to this simple fact."

you must be suffering a bad case of amnesia. literally every u.s. president since G.W. Bush has attempted to foster better relations with russia and each time, it fails.
both countries have fundamentally opposing views on the world. thus there will likely never be any substantive partnership btwn russia and the U.S. you might as well expect a collaboration btwn don moen and Lil Wayne. basically except one side fundamentally changes its views and philosophy, they won't be any collaboration. I mean no offence, but only stupid people can't see this fact.

13) "do American leaders really want to lose their country in behalf of a small nasty clique of arrogant British pompous asses who think that they still are an Empire? Did you even take a look at Boris Johnson, Theresa May and Gavin Williamson? Are you really ready to die in defense of the interest of these degenerates?!
even take a look at Boris Johnson, Theresa May and Gavin Williamson? Are you really ready to die in defense of the interest of these degenerates?!"

and this... right here is a pretty good summary of why I called you a hack.

AS expected, you went for the traditional response of russian hacks basically claiming that I ve been brain washed. you guys really need to get more creative with your memes. if you keep using the same meme over and over,it loses its impact. just a friendly advice.
Re: What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by romme2u: 1:46am On Apr 02, 2018
lipsrsealed
hmmmmm na wa ohhhhhh

panafrican:

shocked shocked

This brutal combo is fatal.

lovelygurl:

You completely missed the point
undecided

just look a bit closer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by panafrican(m): 3:00am On Apr 02, 2018
The West is now what Reggae singers refer to as Babylon.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The West I Was Born In?! by Timbuktuo: 12:15am On Apr 05, 2018
Lol,after Trump told UK they're on their own, the UK have now backed down stylishly from misyarn ing about Russia.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Assassination Of DPR Head, Alexander Zakharchenko: What We Know So Far / Igbo woman Uju under fire amidst calls for her sack / France Now! The Streets Of The City Became Rivers!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.