Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers (14135 Views)

Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill / School Teacher Arrested While 'negotiating' For Kidnappers In Kogi State (photo) / Lagos Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers Whose Victims Die In Captivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by HomoSapiien: 9:46am On Sep 08, 2015
Demmzy15:

Mumu for Nigeria here! angry

Goat, only in your hawusa-fool-ani Illiterate part of Nigeria, not in SW/Oduduwa land undecided
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by daveedo(m): 9:47am On Sep 08, 2015
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Demmzy15(m): 9:49am On Sep 08, 2015
HomoSapiien:

Goat, only in your hawusa-fool-ani Illiterate part of Nigeria, not in SW/Oduduwa land undecided
Ode! I'm not Hausa, I'm hardcore Yoruba Igbomina! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Demmzy15(m): 9:50am On Sep 08, 2015
HomoSapiien:

Holy shít! You are of Sango progeny? shocked
Wetin happen? sad
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by ckmayoca: 9:52am On Sep 08, 2015
Na that one dem go quick sign, u see kidnapper abducting poor man pikin? They won't do nothin to rape, they won't do nothing to corrupt public office holder. Let the penalty spread oooo
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by terwasee(m): 9:52am On Sep 08, 2015
You are right bros
rawpadgin:
Good

But we also need death by firing squad for political office holders that embezzled public fund
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by HomoSapiien: 9:55am On Sep 08, 2015
Demmzy15:

Ode! I'm not Hausa, I'm hardcore Yoruba Igbomina! undecided

So you are a brother, and you were talking like those hawusa-fool-ani cow-brained illiterates? Sorry. Do they practice sharia (amputation on rapists penis) in igbomina ?
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by HomoSapiien: 9:56am On Sep 08, 2015
Demmzy15:
Wetin happen? sad
I been looking for Sango descendant, are you truly one?
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 08, 2015
madridguy:
A drastic situation need drastic action. If it is PMB that attempt to sign this type of Bill into law,by now some haters will be shouting for his removal turning blind for the benefit.

At times in life we need strict law to make things work out. Prof. Ben Ayade, ride on, nothing do you.

What about armed robbers and rapist?? angry
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by ValerianSteel(m): 10:00am On Sep 08, 2015
The world is getting rid of capital punishment we are here still enforcing new ones.
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 08, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Back ward ass country.
Every state in the U.S.A are removing the death penalty except for Texas

what's up with dat Texas sef? They seem to be a bit on their own...a state be behaving like an independent country...is it because it's d largest state in the US?
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Demmzy15(m): 10:13am On Sep 08, 2015
HomoSapiien:

So you are a brother, and you were talking like those hawusa-fool-ani cow-brained illiterates? Sorry. Do they practice sharia (amputation on rapists penis) in igbomina ?
I was joking sha, there are many Muslims in Igbomina, but Shariah is not practiced to some extent. No punishment as peniz amputation in Shariah law, I was joking! You're Igbomina too?

1 Like

Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Demmzy15(m): 10:16am On Sep 08, 2015
HomoSapiien:

I been looking for Sango descendant, are you truly one?
My grandmother is from Ogun State but she claimed they migrated from Oyo and she's a progeny. I haven't conformed it sha, guess it's a myth!
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by zudozz: 10:18am On Sep 08, 2015
this is what every state ought to do.
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by HomoSapiien: 10:30am On Sep 08, 2015
Demmzy15:

I was joking sha, there are many Muslims in Igbomina, but Shariah is not practiced to some extent. No punishment as peniz amputation in Shariah law, I was joking! You're Igbomina too?

You were joking? But you sounded as if you were serious embarassed Its okay. You must be a muslim - no? - Do you wish to see sharia practiced in the country?

And no I'm not an Igbomina. I'm from Ilorin Afonja, can you now see that we a brothers smiley
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by neocortex: 10:36am On Sep 08, 2015
madridguy:
A drastic situation need drastic action. If it is PMB that attempt to sign this type of Bill into law,by now some haters will be shouting for his removal turning blind for the benefit.

At times in life we need strict law to make things work out. Prof. Ben Ayade, ride on, nothing do you.

You are wrong Buhari will never sign such law,
instead he will call a press conference and
threaten to sign the law with the usual "I will"
promise.
Visionary leader don't waste time threatening
their countries alleged saboteurs , they take the
bull by the horn, unfortunately , Buhari prefers
media prosecution than real one.
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by neocortex: 10:37am On Sep 08, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Back ward ass country.

you can go and die for all I care.
If you are a kidnapper or you are
abetting them , you should quit now before
you end up in the gulag.
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by HomoSapiien: 10:43am On Sep 08, 2015
Demmzy15:

My grandmother is from Ogun State but she claimed they migrated from Oyo and she's a progeny. I haven't conformed it sha, guess it's a myth!

embarassed you are not even sure.
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Becalm(m): 10:44am On Sep 08, 2015
I wonder why people believe that any action taken by the US and other developed countries must be adopted by others. It does not work that way, because every nation pass through different levels of developmental stages. Two nations may be 50 - 100 years apart. What is best for one nation at a specific point in time, may not be best for another nation at the same time. Developed countries are so different from developing countries. US has a good justice system, excellent prison reforms, sound anti-crime system, very low corruption rate, low unemployment rate leading to low crime rate. We lack all these in Nigeria, therefore kidnapping has become an everyday affair.

I do not say that death sentence is the best for that crime but it is absolutely wrong to insult your country, because they adopted a law your beloved US has outgrown does not make them backward. Remember, if 30yr old married men are shedding off too much parties and clubbing does not mean that other 30yr old bachelors must do the same. Both are different in their developmental stages.
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by jwils(m): 10:51am On Sep 08, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Back ward ass country.
may be cross river is our own TEXAS undecided
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Demmzy15(m): 11:00am On Sep 08, 2015
HomoSapiien:

embarassed you are not even sure.
sad.. .. You're from which State?
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by othuskyTM(m): 11:06am On Sep 08, 2015
rawpadgin:
Good

But we also need death by firing squad for political office holders that embezzled public fund
that a very good point
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by HomoSapiien: 11:06am On Sep 08, 2015
Demmzy15:
sad.. .. You're from which State?
Osun and Ilorin angry
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by HomoSapiien: 11:11am On Sep 08, 2015
HomoSapiien:

You were joking? But you sounded as if you were serious embarassed Its okay. You must be a muslim - no? - Do you wish to see sharia practiced in the country?

And no I'm not an Igbomina. I'm from Ilorin Afonja, can you now see that we a brothers smiley

Cc: demmzy15

1 Like

Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 08, 2015
In criminal law, kidnapping is the unlawful taking away or
transportation of a person against that person's will,
usually to hold the person unlawfully. This may be done
for ransom or in furtherance of another crime, or in
connection with a child custody dispute.

I don't know why a large percent of NLers are soo dumb and myopic.. you are all happy for the death penalty for convicted kidnappers. From the above def of kidnapping any one can be a victim all that is needed is a good lawyer to turn u towards death.. I still remember a friend in uni who was dating the daughter of a wealthy man and just because she spent two weeks with the guy @ the end of the semester when she was supposed to have gone home to her parents & the next we knew poor boy was paraded on TV for kidnapping and eventually arrested & as I type I don't even know his whereabouts. What am saying is that although kidnapping is a grievous crime that should be severely punished, I still blv death penalty has never and will never ever curb any crime..all criminals get into their activities believing they will never be caught so if you like put death penalty.. one thing I am very sure of is that a lot of innocent blood will be sacrificed over yet again another swift wrong decision by those in power..and a lot of fools are rejoicing here.. smh as if that is the primary issue that needs addressing. Poor and ignorant pple will die for what they don't know while the real sh##t still goes on. Death penalty indeed why not use them to fight. till death as gladiators in public while my ignorant & dumb masses cheer!!
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Bonapart(m): 11:23am On Sep 08, 2015
madridguy:

instead of you to prove your point you start by blabbing about buhari

The bill is welcome so leave the jihadist man out of it
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by pet4ril(f): 11:28am On Sep 08, 2015
Good move. Please more for d rapists as well
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Demmzy15(m): 11:37am On Sep 08, 2015
HomoSapiien:

Cc: demmzy15
Shariah is already practiced in this country and you might not know. The way a Muslim lives his/her in line with the Qur'an and Sunnah is Shariah. As a Muslim, I don't believe Stoning to death is the punishment for adultery because the Qur'an prescribed the final punishment to be flogging. Shariah is not to instil fear but discipline and it does not apply to Christians/Jews. The Christians and Jews are to be judged according to their own laws! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Walexsammy(m): 11:57am On Sep 08, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Back ward ass country.
why USA, why not china?
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Iamthoney(m): 11:59am On Sep 08, 2015
IceDude:
Lol, na death sentence beta pass this punishment.....Its very difficult for women to survive without kerewalogy, they just pretend abt it.
Lolz
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Orikinla(m): 12:10pm On Sep 08, 2015
[size=18pt]Next should be rapists.[/size]
Re: Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers by blesoh(f): 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2015
CSTR2:
This governor sounds impressive and quick thinking.
Unlike the absolute disgrace called liyel imoke that lost bakassi under his watch.
yes oh,Liyel was slping while d wife lead our dear state.Ayade is goodnews.for 8yrs liyel couldnt employ pple he was alwaz complaining of no money,Ayade is truely a biz man.ysterday he assured that more pple will b employed b4 d yr runs out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Guy Sent To Prison For Stealing Yam As Man Secures Release Of Inmates In Edo / Police raid Kogo forest in Katsina, bandits and kidnappers hideout / Businesswoman & Her Guest Abducted In Ofada, Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.