Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? (8725 Views)

The Love Charm (halal And Haram) / Argument With Non Believers Of Islam. Halal Or Haram? / Muslims Engagement In Multi Level Marketing; Halal Or Haram? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 08, 2015
About the imported frozen chickens/trukeys being sold all around. I just want to know if they r halal or not?. Is there any muslim brother/sister that's involved in this business and knows where they r being imported from in order to determine the halal status of its slaughter?
Of course I do know they r being transported through benin republic, but they aren't slaughtered and packed there. They are imported from somewhre and I need to know where b4 I can go buy them.
Tq as u contribute
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by trapQ: 9:32am On Oct 16, 2015
What does halal mean?
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by dragnet: 1:03pm On Oct 17, 2015
enieme:
About the imported frozen chickens/trukeys being sold all around. I just want to know if they r halal or not?. Is there any muslim brother/sister that's involved in this business and knows where they r being imported from in order to determine the halal status of its slaughter?
Of course I do know they r being transported through benin republic, but they aren't slaughtered and packed there. They are imported from somewhre and I need to know where b4 I can go buy them.
Tq as u contribute

can you truly find out without unnecessary stress? if Yes, do so. If No, then consume it till you can expressly confirm that it falls into the prohibited category.

but why do you have suspicions that they may not be halaal?
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 18, 2015
dragnet:

can you truly find out without unnecessary stress? if Yes, do so. If No, then consume it till you can expressly confirm that it falls into the prohibited category.

but why do you have suspicions that they may not be halaal?
hmm, I actuaLily have decided to put off its consumption until I can conveniently find out. I think from my researches, these frozen foods r being imported from USA and transported through Benin republic which makes it mmmost p rolly unhalal cos us poultry is usually not halal unless stated otherwise on d pack
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 18, 2015
trapQ:
What does halal mean?
it means permissible. Could be food actions clothes e. T. C.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by dragnet: 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
enieme:

hmm, I actuaLily have decided to put off its consumption until I can conveniently find out. I think from my researches, these frozen foods r being imported from USA and transported through Benin republic which makes it mmmost p rolly unhalal cos us poultry is usually not halal unless stated otherwise on d pack

what makes it unhalaal?

1 Like

Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
dragnet:

what makes it unhalaal?
They aren't slaughtered d Islamic way or kosher I. E Mentioning the name of God before slaughtering, not stunning thebanimal before slaughtering and cutting till d jugular vein and lettin d blood flow.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2015
Too bad a brother that does halal chicken was killed 2days ago along lekki,his name is Jamiu Jamiu.my Allah reward him and forgive him.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by dragnet: 2:58pm On Nov 09, 2015
Aameen
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Empiree: 3:39pm On Nov 09, 2015
enieme:
Tq as u contribute
Good job, bro. We have gotta be health concious. This is exactly how they are sold in western world as well. THEY ARE NOT HALAL.

If you go to supermarkets in USA, that's how they are sold. Some supermarkets have halal section (meat only). The whole idea behind this imported foods is to make the whole world One World. We already seeing this through mode of dressing, music and movie industries etc. Everyone live the same way.

This is the same with food. I can guarantee you that those imported foods/meat are genetically modified. This means there will be increase in deseases, cancer especially. You should also notice that it is an attempt to get villagers, the local people to abandon remote places and flood the megacities.

I'm surprised at dragnet's approach. It's true that we may eat it until we confirm is not halal. But not in this Age where you can easily obtain information. Op is very correct to be suspicious. I frequent the West and I don't buy meat at their supermarkets. I go to halal live poultry where you buy your own Chicken, Ram or Cow and slaughter them yourself or they do it cus people in charge are muslims.

Make no mistake, those imported frozen chickens and turkeys are not halal unless you can proof they are from muslim countries and done halal way. If not, forget it.

It's better to stick to the local food which many are not ready to go back to i:e farming. Those are natural food. The only benefit I can deduce from the stores they open in nija to compete with the West, like Shoprite is EMPLOYMENT.

You better watch what you eat and especially those can food. I don't eat them. I eat at home. Meaning I prepare my own food. I seldom buy food outside unless when is absolutely necessary. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying preservative food are all bad. One should limit their consumption.

1 Like

Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 14, 2015
Empiree:
Good job, bro. We have gotta be health concious. This is exactly how they are sold in western world as well. THEY ARE NOT HALAL.

If you go to supermarkets in USA, that's how they are sold. Some supermarkets have halal section (meat only). The whole idea behind this imported foods is to make the whole world One World. We already seeing this through mode of dressing, music and movie industries etc. Everyone live the same way.

This is the same with food. I can guarantee you that those imported foods/meat are genetically modified. This means there will be increase in deseases, cancer especially. You should also notice that it is an attempt to get villagers, the local people to abandon remote places and flood the megacities.

I'm surprised at dragnet's approach. It's true that we may eat it until we confirm is not halal. But not in this Age where you can easily obtain information. Op is very correct to be suspicious. I frequent the West and I don't buy meat at their supermarkets. I go to halal live poultry where you buy your own Chicken, Ram or Cow and slaughter them yourself or they do it cus people in charge are muslims.

Make no mistake, those imported frozen chickens and turkeys are not halal unless you can proof they are from muslim countries and done halal way. If not, forget it.

It's better to stick to the local food which many are not ready to go back to i:e farming. Those are natural food. The only benefit I can deduce from the stores they open in nija to compete with the West, like Shoprite is EMPLOYMENT.

You better watch what you eat and especially those can food. I don't eat them. I eat at home. Meaning I prepare my own food. I seldom buy food outside unless when is absolutely necessary. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying preservative food are all bad. One should limit their consumption.
tqs for d info. So they aren't halal right? previously I used to eat them on some occasions since I wasn't so sure but of recent I've stopped conpletely
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 14, 2015
uplawal:
Too bad a brother that does halal chicken was killed 2days ago along lekki,his name is Jamiu Jamiu.my Allah reward him and forgive him.
amin. Inaalillahi wa in a ilayhi raajiun

1 Like

Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Empiree: 12:50pm On Nov 14, 2015
enieme:

tqs for d info. [size=13pt]So they aren't halal right?[/size] previously I used to eat them on some occasions since I wasn't so sure but of recent I've stopped conpletely
Yep
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 3:31am On Dec 08, 2015
we can produce halal meat loacally from a tested and trusted source. All we are seeking for is acceptance from muslim bro and sis. We need trusted halal frozen food stores to supply.

1 Like

Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 08, 2015
Rzq4:
we can produce halal meat loacally from a tested and trusted source. All we are seeking for is acceptance from muslim bro and sis. We need trusted halal frozen food stores to supply.
really? U own a poultry or something?
And what state are u based?
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 3:03pm On Dec 08, 2015
i dont just own a poultry farm, im an animal scientist, who knows and takes into acct the type of meat that is good for human consumption. Im from oyo state. Insha Allah im adding that project to my existing ones at d beginning of next year but still need regular suppliers. We can also have halal cafe, frozen stores, supermart etc in ds country...in sha Allah

1 Like

Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Empiree: 3:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rzq4:
i dont just own a poultry farm, im an animal scientist, who knows and takes into acct the type of meat that is good for human consumption. Im from oyo state. Insha Allah im adding that project to my existing ones at d beginning of next year but still need regular suppliers. We can also have halal cafe, frozen stores, supermart etc in ds country...in sha Allah
Rzq4:
These are good stuff right here. This is what i have been talking about. We need Muslim halal-based supermarket. Sourced by Muslims instead of sourcing food from abroad or relying on foreign imported foods
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 08, 2015
Empiree:
These are good stuff right here. This is what i have been talking about. We need Muslim halal-based supermarket. Sourced by Muslims instead of sourcing food from abroad or relying on foreign imported foods
Hi hihi. U mind leading by example by supporting the cause?
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rzq4:
me I want to join o.
U said oyo state , I'm ibadan based though currecently serving in ogun state
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 5:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
when will u be through with ur nysc? Im in oyo.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Empiree: 5:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
enieme:

Hi hihi. U mind leading by example by supporting the cause?
I swear, this has always been on my mind for few years now. We even tried to open poultry based investment with shareholders early this but i think organizers were having problem getting more people.I think 'shareholders' were not comfortable cus they arent in nija to secure the business.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
Empiree:
I swear, this has always been on my mind for few years now. We even tried to open poultry based investment with shareholders early this but i think organizers were having problem getting more people.I think 'shareholders' were not comfortable cus they arent in nija to secure the business.
hmm. Allah will help us out.
Even talking about eateries in nigeria, how are we sure kfc, dominos and the likes aren't serving non halal food considering that majority of their ingredients are importeD.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rzq4:
when will u be through with ur nysc? Im in oyo.
What city in oyo? Oyo is a state.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Empiree: 6:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
enieme:

hmm. Allah will help us out.
Even talking about eateries in nigeria, how are we sure kfc, dominos and the likes aren't serving non halal food considering that majority of their ingredients are importeD.
so they have kfc and dominos in nija now? These eateries serve pork. Dominos have pepperoni topping. Pepperoni is pork. They also have meat that are definitely not halal. Now i can see why cancer and diabetes spread in nija as well.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
Empiree:
so they have kfc and dominos in nija now? These eateries serve pork. Dominos have pepperoni topping. Pepperoni is pork. They also have meat that are definitely not halal. Now i can see why cancer and diabetes spread in nija as well.
yes, they have them now. Even the chickens would most probably be the stunned ones. The safest to eat at are the local restaurants. AltHough they also serve the frozen turkeys and chickens discussed previously.

Hihi what does cancer and diabetes have to do with pork? how about countries that substitute the non halal poultry for halal ones like red meat? Aren't they also at risk?
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 08, 2015
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Empiree: 6:30pm On Dec 08, 2015
enieme:

yes, they have them now. Even the chickens would most probably be the stunned ones. The safest to eat at are the local restaurants. AltHough they also serve the frozen turkeys and chickens discussed previously.

Hihi what does cancer and diabetes have to do with pork? how about countries that substitute the non halal poultry for halal ones like red meat? Aren't they also at risk?
Do you listen to health report in the West over the yrs?. They talk about danger of red meat all the time. Also, all these new restaurants opening in naija are copycat of the west. I wish you listen to their news how fast food kills. They are junk food for the poor. Most White folks eat at healthy restaurants like Red Lobsters, etc. Yes, they are expensive but healthy. Their meat too are not halal of course.

These fast food can also destroy ones spirituality. The oil they use to cook fish and chicken have "laal" in them. Even milk have hormones. These foods are genetically modified. Muslims need to take the lead to return to local farms and produce organic food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSl7FbcHLgQ
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
oyo town, about 20km from ibadan. Are u really sure u are from ib?
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 6:55pm On Dec 08, 2015
im planning to have the live broilers year round so we can kill, dress and send to d buyers within few hours. I was amazed when i met a sis who told me she doesnt eat meat because they are from the untrusted sources. That was what motivated me. I dont buy chicken meat so i didnt kn some people dont eat it cos of doubt.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
Empiree:
Do you listen to health re[prt in the West over the yrs?. They talk about danger of red meat all the time. Also, all these new restaurants opening in naija are copycat of the west. I wish you listen to their news how fast food kills. They are junk food for the poor. Most White folks eat at healthy restaurants like Red Lobsters, etc. Yes, they are expensive but healthy. Their meat too are not halal of course.

These fast food can also destroy ones spirituality. The oil they use to cook fish and chicken have "laal" in them. Even milk have hormones. These foods are genetically modified. Muslims need to take the lead to return to local farms and produce organic food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSl7FbcHLgQ
u just nailed it sir

1 Like

Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Empiree: 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2015
This is another consequences raised by this op https://www.nairaland.com/573861/assalamu-aleikum
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rzq4:
u just nailed it sir
Yimu* as if though u wont also be using preservatives on ur frozen poultry.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslim leader chides Afenifere, YCE over religious composition / Dutifulness To Parents (infograph) / Value Your Time!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.