Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,389 members, 7,830,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? (8792 Views)

The Love Charm (halal And Haram) / Argument With Non Believers Of Islam. Halal Or Haram? / Muslims Engagement In Multi Level Marketing; Halal Or Haram? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
Empiree:
Do you listen to health report in the West over the yrs?. They talk about danger of red meat all the time. Also, all these new restaurants opening in naija are copycat of the west. I wish you listen to their news how fast food kills. They are junk food for the poor. Most White folks eat at healthy restaurants like Red Lobsters, etc. Yes, they are expensive but healthy. Their meat too are not halal of course.

These fast food can also destroy ones spirituality. The oil they use to cook fish and chicken have "laal" in them. Even milk have hormones. These foods are genetically modified. Muslims need to take the lead to return to local farms and produce organic food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSl7FbcHLgQ

hihi but I'd still go for one of those juicy kfc chickens ( halal) over some subway veggie filled sandwich.
We all like them, Just that we need to reduce consumption. And the govt should regulate more on this hormone shooting thing.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
preservatives? Im not doing frozen. I slaughter when there is an offer. And for the antibiotics residue, i follow the withdrawal period strictly
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rzq4:
oyo town, about 20km from ibadan. Are u really sure u are from ib?
of course I live in iB. she omo a maa mo Ile baba re ti ni?
I know oyo town but it's somehow far from iB. I doubt that location is even good for ur sort of business.
here in ibadan, u'd get more patronisers and people willing to partake in ur business.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
enieme:

of course I live in iB. she omo a maa mo Ile baba re ti ni?
I know oyo town but it's somehow far from iB. I doubt that location is even good for ur sort of business.
here in ibadan, u'd get more patronisers and people willing to partake in ur business.
u are right. Thats why i need customers from d cities
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rzq4:
preservatives? Im not doing frozen. I slaughter when there is an offer. And for the antibiotics residue, i follow the withdrawal period strictly
U don't do frozen? Cos on a normal day I buy those live chickens that would be slaughtered and packed. but they r local chickens and are usually so tough and not so tasty. also, Turkey's aren't readily available live.
These are only reasons I yearn for the frozen ones.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 8:09pm On Dec 08, 2015
enieme:

U don't do frozen? Cos on a normal day I buy those live chickens that would be slaughtered and packed. but they r local chickens and are usually so tough and not so tasty. also, Turkey's aren't readily available live.
These are only reasons I yearn for the frozen ones.
i rear broilers (the ones u buy from kfc) not local birds. The meat is tender and nutritious with less fibre
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rzq4:
transporting that meat to the city would still require u to use preservatives.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rzq4:
transporting that much meat to the city would still require u to use preservatives.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
Empiree:
This is another consequences raised by this op https://www.nairaland.com/573861/assalamu-aleikum
That point was raised in 2010 and not many pple paid attention to it even though what d op was saying was the truth.
true Muslims in secular/ non Muslim countries are more halal conscious in terms of food, but now it so happens that we in Muslim populated countries have less access to halal things talk of Islamic banking, halal food e.T. C.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rzq4:
i rear broilers (the ones u buy from kfc) not local birds. The meat is tender and nutritious with less fibre
do u rear turkeys too?
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2015
enieme:
do u rear turkeys too?
yes, infact i have four big males for xmas
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Empiree: 8:22pm On Dec 08, 2015
enieme:

hihi but I'd still go for one of those juicy kfc chickens ( halal) over some subway veggie filled sandwich.
We all like them, Just that we need to reduce consumption. And the govt should regulate more on this hormone shooting thing.
You rather go for the veggie instead. I know Dominos have "Mediterranean veggie"(pictured). It's 100% vegetables. The other veggies like harm and Philly cheese steak are fixed meat or chiken.

I simply dont eat meat(cooked) outside. I buy live chicken at poultry or go to halal poultry to buy meat.

1 Like

Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rzq4:
yes, infact i have four big males for xmas
Still I think ur location is one big restriction on ur business.
Chickens aren't like turkey. one whole chicken can easily be bought by an individual. It's not the same for Turkey. People would rather buy Turkey's in kG.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2015
Empiree:
You rather go for the veggie instead. I know Dominos have "Mediterranean veggie"(pictured). It's 100% vegetables. The other veggies like harm and Philly cheese steak are fixed meat or chiken.

I simply dont eat meat(cooked) outside. I buy live chicken at poultry or go to halal poultry to buy meat.
so u dont take fast food?
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2015
the business is strictly chicken. I rear turkeys for xmas and personal consumption
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 8:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
enieme:

Still I think ur location is one big restriction on ur business.
Chickens aren't like turkey. one whole chicken can easily be bought by an individual. It's not the same for Turkey. People would rather buy Turkey's in kG.
its not. Farm is not located in the city. Farms in ib are also far from the city
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
i have a question. Is selling dead birds(mortalities) to christian acceptable?
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rzq4:
i have a question. Is selling dead birds(mortalities) to christian acceptable?
hmm. For what purpose? Human Consumption or pet consumption?
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rzq4:
the business is strictly chicken. I rear turkeys for xmas and personal consumption
I'm actually more interested in the turkeys. Turkey meat is scarce.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2015
enieme:
hmm. For what purpose? Human Consumption or pet consumption?
human
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2015
enieme:

I'm actually more interested in the turkeys. Turkey meat is scarce.
are u planning to venture into frozen foods biz?
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rzq4:
human

It was narrated from Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say when he was in Makkah at the time of the Conquest: “Allaah and His Messenger have forbidden the sale of alcohol, dead meat, pork and idols.” It was said: “O Messenger of Allaah, what do you think of the fat of dead animals, for ships are caulked with it and animal skins are daubed with it, and the people use it to light their lamps?” He said: “No, it is haraam.” Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “May Allaah curse the Jews, for when Allaah forbade them animal fat, they melted it down and sold it, and consumed its price.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1212; Muslim, 1581.

Al-Nawawi said:

With regard to dead meat, alcohol and pork, the Muslims are unanimously agreed that it is haraam to sell all of these.

Al-Qaadi said: This hadeeth indicates that whatever we are forbidden to eat or make use of, we are also forbidden to sell, and it is not permissible to consume its price, as in the case of the animal fat mentioned in this hadeeth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rzq4:
are u planning to venture into frozen foods biz?
hihi. I'm not sure. I can partner but I can't own and run by myself.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
enieme:

It was narrated from Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say when he was in Makkah at the time of the Conquest: “Allaah and His Messenger have forbidden the sale of alcohol, dead meat, pork and idols.” It was said: “O Messenger of Allaah, what do you think of the fat of dead animals, for ships are caulked with it and animal skins are daubed with it, and the people use it to light their lamps?” He said: “No, it is haraam.” Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “May Allaah curse the Jews, for when Allaah forbade them animal fat, they melted it down and sold it, and consumed its price.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1212; Muslim, 1581.

Al-Nawawi said:

With regard to dead meat, alcohol and pork, the Muslims are unanimously agreed that it is haraam to sell all of these.

Al-Qaadi said: This hadeeth indicates that whatever we are forbidden to eat or make use of, we are also forbidden to sell, and it is not permissible to consume its price, as in the case of the animal fat mentioned in this hadeeth.
thanks. Another question o
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Empiree: 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
enieme:

so u dont take fast food?
To be honest, i used to yrs ago. I stopped since '06. I still go there of course but only in the morning on my way to work. I only buy tea and sometimes apple pies. Nothing else.

Now, I do not have objection to a person who is hungry and have no choice.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
enieme:

hihi. I'm not sure. I can partner but I can't own and run by myself.
ok, but why
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rzq4:
thanks. Another question o
but u can actually give ( not sell) to any one be they Muslim or Christian as long as it's for pet consumption.
But still there's the fear that they may choose to eat it instead
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
as an animal scientist we recycle waste by feeding animals wt shit. For example poultry droppings is a delicacy for sheep and goat. But someone said a muslim cant kill and eat such animal. Whats ur take on ds...wt reference
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 08, 2015
Empiree:
To be honest, i used to yrs ago. I stopped since '06. I still go there of course but only in the morning on my way to work. I only buy tea and sometimes apple pies. Nothing else.

Now, I do not have objection to a person who is hungry and have no choice.
if u were in a Muslim country where the non hala la have been substituted for hala, u'd probably take fast food.
if u don't find halal do u take kosher?
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Rzq4: 8:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
same as d commercial catfish
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rzq4:
as an animal scientist we recycle waste by feeding animals wt shit. For example poultry droppings is a delicacy for sheep and goat. But someone said a muslim cant kill and eat such animal. Whats ur take on ds...wt reference
It's filth and would actually reflect even on the milk the animal gives.
We can't eat meat from such animal until it's diet is changed to something clean and it's monitored for a while to see that the fluid it gives is already purE.
Re: Frozen Chicken/trukey Being Sold, Halal Or Not? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rzq4:
same as d commercial catfish
U mean they feed cat fishes animal droppinga as well? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

14 Most Common Mistakes During Salaah And How To Correct Them / Authentic Step By Step Illustrated Janazah Guide / 4 Prayers To Increase You In Knowledge In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.