Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,295 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Mass Migration To Europe , Nigerian Amongst Migrants -is This True ?? (from BBC) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Migration To Europe , Nigerian Amongst Migrants -is This True ?? (from BBC) (909 Views)

Which Story Has Ever Turned Out To Be True From Sahara Reporters / Another Disturbing Report Just Coming In From BBC Over Buhari's Health (video) / Breaking News From Bbc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Migration To Europe , Nigerian Amongst Migrants -is This True ?? (from BBC) by ooshinibos: 4:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
The scale of the German undertaking is enormous.

One state premier has now accepted publicly that the number of 800,000 refugees arriving in Germany "will need to be revised upwards".

The deputy chancellor is now talking of Germany taking in 500,000 refugees annually for several years.

The government in Berlin says that caring for the new arrivals will cost initially 6bn euros.

Defining issue

For a long time, Angela Merkel believed her legacy would be determined by the fate of the eurozone.

Not any more. The refugee crisis will define her years in power
The policy was aimed at the Syrians and Iraqis fleeing the horrors of war, but on the roads and trains across Europe are thousands of people who see this as an opportunity to move to the EU.

Among those fleeing war are groups of Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and Nigerians.

It is hard to calculate what percentage of those arriving are refugees or economic migrants.
Re: Mass Migration To Europe , Nigerian Amongst Migrants -is This True ?? (from BBC) by chukspd: 4:25pm On Sep 08, 2015
naija no dey carry last. we are everywhere
Re: Mass Migration To Europe , Nigerian Amongst Migrants -is This True ?? (from BBC) by Symphony007: 4:28pm On Sep 08, 2015
Where in the world has any bad thing taken place without a Nigerian representing?
Re: Mass Migration To Europe , Nigerian Amongst Migrants -is This True ?? (from BBC) by kkkp: 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2015
I trust my igbo brothers

1 Like

Re: Mass Migration To Europe , Nigerian Amongst Migrants -is This True ?? (from BBC) by omoelesa(m): 5:16pm On Sep 08, 2015
Na dem flatthead nah.na dem dey always disgrace us.

1 Like

Re: Mass Migration To Europe , Nigerian Amongst Migrants -is This True ?? (from BBC) by SalC: 5:31pm On Sep 08, 2015
kkkp:
I trust my igbo brothers
About 2 months ago I saw a Nigerian lady on Al-jazeera (a yoruba lady) among those going to Europe but were intercepted in Libya, she said she is a hair dresser but there is no work in Nigeria and everything is just so bad in Nigeria so her family spent a lot to smuggle her to Europe.

In her words...."I didn't ask anyone to hold me here in Libya in the name of rescuing me, I must go to Europe, I know they will send us back home from here, am very angry and I will continue trying till I enter Europe"
Re: Mass Migration To Europe , Nigerian Amongst Migrants -is This True ?? (from BBC) by tpiander: 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2015
There was a picture of a black man who was sent back from one of the boats due to lack of space.

Don't know which nationality he was however.
Re: Mass Migration To Europe , Nigerian Amongst Migrants -is This True ?? (from BBC) by tpiander: 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2015
Any photos of the 800,000 migrants?

(1) (Reply)

When Beggars Die...tribute To Late Jibrin Mamman Vatsa And His Late Parent. / President Muhammadu Buhari Opening Remark At 70th United Nation Assembly / Photo: See This UK Sun Newspaper Headline About Diezani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.