Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose (10257 Views)

"Form A Political Party And Push Your Agenda" - APC Tells IPOB, MASSOB / Be Ready To Face Justice For Violating Electoral Law – Apc Tells Fayose / We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by XavierBlue(m): 4:45pm On Sep 08, 2015
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ekiti State has urged Governor Ayodele Fayose to declare his assets 10 months after its earlier call on the governor to follow his predecessor, Governor Kayode Fayemi, who publicly declared his assets to the applause of Ekiti people.

Publicity Secretary, Taiwo Olatunbosun, in a statement said that the call became imperative against the background of earlier calls for the governor to declare his assets, failure of which had fueled speculations that state resources were allegedly being channeled towards private enterprises outside the state by the governor.

“The governor must seize the opportunity of declaring his assets to douse speculations of his alleged funneling of the state resources to his private enterprises abroad.

“It is curious that he has not abused President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo after they declared their assets. Fayose’s loud silence on the President in this case is curious because the governor has never seen anything good in whatever the President does,” Olatunbosun said.

Tasking the governor to act now to restore confidence in Ekiti people for accountable governance, he said open declaration of assets would shame the critics of the governor who always accused the governor of alleged funds diversion to private use.

“We are worried by the unconfirmed reports of primitive acquisitions by the governor who allegedly own properties in Ghana, Dubai, South Africa, Abuja, Ibadan and Banana Islands and Magodo in Lagos which were believed to have been acquired in the last nine months after he assumed office.

“Our party is aware that Fayose had no visible means of income prior to October 16, 2014 when he became governor and the properties he owned in Ibadan and Lagos are subjects of litigation by the EFCC, which is probing the governor for misappropriation and diversion of N1.3b poultry project cash to personal use in 2005,” Olatunbosun said.

He said current allegations of funds diversion gained currency on the heels of Fayose’s frequent trips to Dubai and South Africa “whenever he receives Ekiti State’s allocations from Abuja”.

He added: “Fayose is alleged to be building a state-of-the-art hotel in Dubai after he became Ekiti governor and after he is also reported to have paid a whopping N722 million to himself as “arrears of his allowances” as governor during his first term on the strength of the Supreme Court judgment which nullified his impeachment.

“Curiously too, Fayose has kept mute on various sums of money he has received on behalf of the state government, such as the N22 billion refund on Federal roads, N2billion ecological fund, N2billion micro credit fund, which he has diverted, N2.1 billion bail out NLNG fund, N9.6 billion bail out cash, N8.5 billion windfall received in June and an average of N3billion regular federal allocations he has been receiving since October 2014 till date.”

The APC spokesman said Ekiti people would be interested in the governor’s public declaration of his assets, considering the experience the state had under him during his aborted first tenure when he was docked for misapproriating N1.3billion over which the EFCC took him to court.

“It would be recalled that in his former declaration of assets in 2003, the governor allegedly swore to an oath declaring two barren lands in a thick forest as two completed mansions in Ibadan, the properties the EFCC later confirmed as properties built with the alleged proceeds of the fraudulent poultry project four years after he became the governor,” he explained, stressing that failure to openly declare his assets was a possibility of history repeating itself after the former bitter experience.

The recent appointment by Fayose of a 72 year old illiterate as a council boss and many others of his yes-men in other Council areas has fuelled our suspicion that he has successfully converted the resources of Local governments to his personal use without being accountable to anyone. It has thus become a matter of necessity for Mr. Fayose to declare his assets.
Urging the governor to follow Buhari’s footstep, Olatunbosun said APC might have no option than taking legal action to force the governor to declare his assets to dispel rumours and allegations of properties acquisitions with state funds across the globe.

“We will stop at nothing to make sure that Fayose declares his assets openly so that we could remind him if he leaves any of his assets undeclared,” Olatunbosun.

source: www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/declare-your-assets-ekiti-apc-tells-fayose/

11 Likes

Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by agarawu23(m): 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2015
grin
Thieves can't

12 Likes

Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by seunmsg(m): 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2015
Fayose will be the last Governor in Nigeria to publicly declare his asset. APC is just wasting there time asking him to do so.

22 Likes

Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by jumper524(m): 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2015
he blames buhari of loopsided appointment bt he never blamed himself of appointing only touts into his cabinet. I guess theres somthimg wrong with his asset thats why he never attacked buhari on his declaration of asset...

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by dejavski(m): 4:50pm On Sep 08, 2015
They should go and force him na...na by force ? angry

9 Likes

Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by veekid(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2015
and if he doesn't?

4 Likes

Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by DonaldGenes(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2015
Ohh!! For Fayo$hit to declare his Assets? for where

iDoubt oh

6 Likes

Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by Feranmicharles(m): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
The mumu won't answer you angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by pheyikemi: 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
These people should just take a chill pill, see as dem carry Fayose's mata for head like dandruff, maybe when other governors start declaring theirs in the fullness of time, he'll follow suit.
To make this all easy, I think the apc governors should set the pace by declaring their assets first, I'm sure their counterparts will do the same.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by braine(m): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
Yes>
Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by eleko1: 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
sad
Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by mrborntodoit: 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
Yanga dey sleep,trouble wan wake am shocked

Fayose won't hesitate to shame his enemies by declaring his assets .

6 Likes

Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by braine(m): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
dejavski:
They should go and force him na...na by force ? angry

Hypocrite. Its your group that come on here to castigate our president. angry

17 Likes

Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by leksy07(m): 5:13pm On Sep 08, 2015
ok
Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 08, 2015
great

Same is applicable to Mimiko

1 Like

Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by OduntanGabriel(m): 5:13pm On Sep 08, 2015
Yea, he should declare it, in other news, see types of people we missed on nairaland.... www.nairaland.com/2583818/types-people-missed-nairaland
Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by ooshinibos: 5:14pm On Sep 08, 2015
oh my God , you are telling the richest Governor to declare his asset

1 Like

Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by jnrbayano(m): 5:14pm On Sep 08, 2015
DECLARATION OF MY ASSETS..........
Since our president and his vice have declared their assets, it is very important that l also declare
mine too as a good citizen... and it goes thus:
1.One DVD player
2.2 Isi nkita jumpers
3.One bathroom slippers
4.Two shoes
5.One bed
6. One bag of pure water.
7.One drum of rain water.
8.One bottle of palm Oil
9. GSM (1 Nokia torch light phone & 1 android phone
10.Two pairs of Spectacles
11. 6 pots
12.1 Laptop
13.One set of spoons
14.One lamp
17.One stove
18.One Carton of Indomie
19.One carpet
20.One 32 inch TV
21.N2697 @ Diamond Bank, and -N 055 @UBA Bank & N3,646@ Access Bank.

22 Likes

Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by Trustyd1(m): 5:14pm On Sep 08, 2015
Every Governor should do same even though I'm not satisfied with the of PMB. How can a man that has abt 1m b4 election now declear he has abt 30m. and why do he always use. "about"
Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by pet4ril(f): 5:15pm On Sep 08, 2015
Na wa for politics dese days oooooo.... I rest my case for now n just watching with eagle eyes
Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by ooshinibos: 5:15pm On Sep 08, 2015
Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by Dottore: 5:16pm On Sep 08, 2015
If I hear say any Governor declare assets.
Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by modath(f): 5:16pm On Sep 08, 2015
All he possesses are rice factories & warehouses! cheesy grin
Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by Smooyis(m): 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
Yes am loving this. If you have nothing to hide that should not really be difficult.
Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by bunmioguns(m): 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
cool
Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by fredosky111(m): 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
Let dem cal on Apc governors to declare der Assets b4 dy will talk abt oda ppl...useless party Association of past criminals (APC)

1 Like

Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by Joy83(m): 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
Fayose dey low key now, buh APC wan hear him talk again...
I no kuku dey dia oo

2 Likes

Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by allanphash7(m): 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
I just get pissed off with this country virtually everyday with this declare ur asset or declare caskets everyone is clamouring about

Goverment will just find one or two things to divert our attentions on issues that matter and will bring another useless issues

Who is a saint in this country?
PMB?
PYO?
FAYOSE?
ME?
YOU?
ADEBOYE?
SHEU GUMI?

WE ALL KNOW NOBODY HOLY PASS

4 Likes

Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by jammyunn(m): 5:18pm On Sep 08, 2015
Funny people. Because Buhari did "wuru wuru" declaration, we won't hear word again. Smh!

5 Likes

Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by freshness2020: 5:19pm On Sep 08, 2015
Mtcheew
Re: Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose by Jamb2016Expo: 5:19pm On Sep 08, 2015
fayose na my guy,,,na 606 billion we get for our account

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confusion As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Contradict Each Other On Strike / Ekiti: 7 Chairmen, 42 Councilors Dump PDP For APC / Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.