Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Voice Of America On Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voice Of America On Biafra (7993 Views)

UpDate Breaking News: Update on Biafra News Live Video & Pic / Voice Of America Interviews Aisha Buhari In USA(photos) / Aisha Buhari To Visit America On 12th July 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Voice Of America On Biafra by flyingsnail(f): 5:30pm On Sep 08, 2015
It’s been decades since Nigeria’s southeast tried to secede, renaming itself Biafra and sparking a civil war that left nearly 1 million people dead. Biafra is long gone, but some in the southeast are still agitating for separation.

Since independence in 1960, Nigeria has seen periodic conflicts between the country’s many ethnic groups. Perhaps none were as wrenching as the civil war, which started in 1967 when the country’s southeast, which is dominated by the Igbo people, seceded.

Biafra didn’t make it to its third birthday. But 45 years after it was reabsorbed into Nigeria, its name lives on among pressure groups, who say they haven’t benefited as citizens of Nigeria.

Biafra supporters

“The government of Nigeria, which is always run by the Hausa-Fulanis or the Yorubas, are always using government policies against our people,” said Uchenna Madu, the media coordinator of the Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign States of Biafra (MASSOB), referring to two of the other major ethnic groups in Nigeria.

The continued agitation by supporters of Biafra in the southeast has unnerved Nigerian authorities. On Tuesday, the police announced they had arrested 22 people affiliated with MASSOB and another pro-Biafra group for inciting violence.

Ronney Onwuka, a community leader in the town of Oba in the southeastern Anambra state, said despite the fact that President Muhammadu Buhari recently appointed an Igbo to head the state oil company, the agitation for Biafra stems from a feeling the federal government doesn’t care about the southeast or the Igbo people.

“If we can be treated like this, why not we be alone? I call what you see as a result of marginalization,” said Onwuka.

With the Biafran war of the 1960s leaving a huge death toll, however, and much of the southeast ravaged, the question remains: How far are Biafra supporters willing to go for independence?

http://m.voanews.com/a/2952193.html

1 Share

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by topas100(m): 5:36pm On Sep 08, 2015
We remain one nigeria
Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by DaBullIT(m): 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2015
Do a survey

Ask the locals

You would realize most of them are doing the follow follow thing, they don't know what it's all about

Even the i-Biafrans, most of them do not know what it's about, they see it on Twitter and join in

I believe that when reality dawns on them they'll not be willing or able to do anything

2 Likes

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
Abomination is to think that Nigeria is a country. Well said and acted by the president (95%, 5%). 5% wants to go for 95% to unit and and enjoy their full benefit.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 08, 2015
DaBullIT:
Do a survey

Ask the locals

You would realize most of them are doing the follow follow thing, they don't know what it's all about

Even the i-Biafrans, most of them do not know what it's about, they see it on Twitter and join in

I believe that when reality dawns on them they'll not be willing or able to do anything

We are resolved, don't tell us what we know.

Nigerians hate us and we equally hate Nigerians.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by MRSALT: 5:53pm On Sep 08, 2015
DaBullIT:
Do a survey

Ask the locals

Is this post the best answer you can give say a foreigner who asked you about Biafran agitation? You Nigerians claim to be more educated than the rest of Africans, but you sound hollow and sloppy when offering solution to your domestic problems

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by Duru1(m): 5:56pm On Sep 08, 2015
DaBullIT:
Do a survey

Ask the locals

You come across as a dunce.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by PhockPhockMan: 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
DaBullIT:
Do a survey

Ask the locals

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by DaBullIT(m): 6:04pm On Sep 08, 2015
Duru1:

You come across as a dunce.

And you come across as a pained, hurting asswipe

1 Like

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by ibadantiti(f): 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2015
More than 50 million hard core Biafra People cant be wrong, For VOA to run the news. hmmm. Wahala dey !

The ZOO must fall

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by DaBullIT(m): 6:07pm On Sep 08, 2015
MRSALT:

Is this post the best answer you can give say a foreigner who asked you about Biafran agitation? You Nigerians claim to be more educated than the rest of Africans, but you sound hollow and sloppy when offering solution to your domestic problems

If say?

Well no foreigner asked me a question and I am not interested in analysis, if some people claim to be more educated than the world it's not my business

Since you want to sound foreign, face your hollow life and stop writing sloppy comments on another country's headache
Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by SOUNDKING: 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2015
All this will hapen and in the end Biafra will come......i love Biafra......

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by EasternLionn: 6:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
Zoo must fall.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by Olabestonic001(m): 6:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
ibadantiti:
More than 50 million hard core Biafra People cant be wrong, For VOA to run the news. hmmm. Wahala dey !

The ZOO must fall

VOA that helped destroy Libya, South Sudan, Syria and Ukraine? That newspaper that looked elsewhere while millions died in Rwanda?
So, you belief America and its Western allies have your interests at heart? They want a war and chaos in Nigeria so that their news and media can keep on selling! They are a bloody corporation with dark interests in others and will like bloodshed for them to stay in market. Rely on them at your own peril.
Watch out dear friends for these hypocrites who refused to let us purchase weapons from them to fight Boko Haram but eagerly broadcast a Bomb blast whenever it went off. They want to set us against each other to amuse themselves. They can only be described as the masters in medieval times in the games of gladiators. They cheer and jeer both parties on as they shed each others blood.
Trust them at your own peril!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by EasternLionn: 7:05pm On Sep 08, 2015
Olabestonic001:

VOA that helped destroy Libya, South Sudan, Syria and Ukraine? That newspaper that looked elsewhere while millions died in Rwanda?
So, you belief America and its Western allies have your interests at heart? They want a war and chaos in Nigeria so that their news and media can keep on selling! They are a bloody corporation with dark interests in others and will like bloodshed for them to stay in market. Rely on them at your own peril.
Watch out dear friends for these hypocrites who refused to let us purchase weapons from them to fight Boko Haram but eagerly broadcast a Bomb blast whenever it went off. They want to set us against each other to amuse themselves. They can only be described as the masters in medieval times in the games of gladiators. They cheer and jeer both parties on as they shed each others blood.

As long as zoo falls.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by asala1: 7:11pm On Sep 08, 2015
VOA didn't say anything. This news is vague.
Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by Duru1(m): 7:16pm On Sep 08, 2015
DaBullIT:

If say?

Well no foreigner asked me a question and I am not interested in analysis, if some people claim to be more educated than the world it's not my business

Since you want to sound foreign, face your hollow life and stop writing sloppy comments on another country's headache

Per the bolded, you are worse than pained, hurting asswipe. One wonders why you hellishly indulged in Biafran issue. Are you a dumbass Biafran, Olodo?

8 Likes

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by chiefmidwife: 7:30pm On Sep 08, 2015
Biafra or nothing Ojukwu has shown us the way #BringBackOurBiafra

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by kernel501: 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2015
Olabestonic001:

Was it America that promised killing Igbos in Lagos if they vote the candidate of their choice?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by vayne(m): 8:02pm On Sep 08, 2015
Nnamdi kanu spitting venom ATM,live on radio Biafra .....do yourself a Favour and listen wink

3 Likes

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by c33b33(m): 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2015
VOA reporting we have unnerved security agencies. Only by evangelism oh
IPOB Youth

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by truefact: 8:29pm On Sep 08, 2015
DaBullIT:

If say?

You are the worst of diabolical cowards and fetish Scratchfaceds ... why you then writing sloppy comments on another ethnic 's headache? You worst than fetish dunce...money

6 Likes

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by SOUNDKING: 8:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
truefact:

You are the worst of diabolical cowards and fetish Scratchfaceds ... why you then writing sloppy comments on another ethnic 's headache? You worst than fetish dunce...money
leave the idiots, most of them will ku b4 biafra came.
Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by thewarrior72: 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2015
DaBullIT:
Do a survey

Ask the locals

Tiger face, them swear for ur head with biafra?

4 Likes

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by pazienza(m): 9:26pm On Sep 08, 2015
Ronney Onwuka, a community leader in the town of Oba in the southeastern Anambra state, said despite the fact that President Muhammadu Buhari recently appointed an Igbo to head the state oil company, the agitation for Biafra stems from a feeling the federal government doesn’t care about the southeast or the Igbo people.

“If we can be treated like this, why not we be alone? I call what you see as a result of marginalization,” said Onwuka.

Thought Arewa-Odua people said Biafrans demand to be free from the Arewa-Odua people, starts and ends on the social media?

Well, look at what we have here, an Idemili community leader saying the same things we say online.

The Arewa-Odua underestimate the desire of Biafrans to be free of them,

5 Likes

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
T H E Z O O

M U S T F A L L

O N E N I G E R I A

M Y A R S E grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by basilo101: 11:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
Olabestonic001:

is it VOA dat made SE not have its share of federal infrastructure, are they the ones that made hausas kill igbos in the north without provocation? are they the ones that made fashola deport igbos, are they the ones that made Oba threaten them if they dont vote his chosen candidate? it there is justice and fairness nobody will want to leave.

1 Like

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by laudate: 2:19am On Sep 09, 2015
basilo101:

is it VOA dat made SE not have its share of federal infrastructure, are they the ones that made hausas kill igbos in the north without provocation? are they the ones that made fashola deport igbos, are they the ones that made Oba threaten them if they dont vote his chosen candidate? it there is justice and fairness nobody will want to leave.

What were your SE governors, ministers and senators doing when the SE was being deprived of infrastructure?? In one breath, you guys show up to claim that SE capitals are among the most developed in Nigeria, and you post pictures of Enugu etc. In another breath, you claim you do not have infrastructure. In what area exactly??! What exactly do you want the rest of us to believe?? sad

As for the Oba that threatened your people, please let me remind you that several Igbo chiefs and Ezes representing your people in Lagos, were in attendance, when he made that statement. Did they utter any word of protest, or did they stage a walkout to register their displeasure on behalf of their people? No! Instead they clapped like excited school kids, and promised to obey his commands.

So what are you complaining about??! shocked shocked
Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by cheruv: 2:30am On Sep 09, 2015
Olabestonic001:

You think we care about the "sympathetic" BS you put up there
Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by DaBullIT(m): 5:32am On Sep 09, 2015
thewarrior72:
Tiger face, them swear for ur head with biafra?

It's easy to be thewarrior72 on NL , when i wrote my comment, i didn't quote or mention anyone , Dem swear for your life with another person comment? You no fit read make you pass am by ? Yeye
Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by DaBullIT(m): 5:35am On Sep 09, 2015
Smellos

What's up ? I quote you for my comment? Who appoint you chief customer care representative? You no fit read comment commot ? abi dem swear for you say make you carry your mumu life come Yoloba owned forum , dey stalk commenters dey reply them abi you be Kalu media spokesgoat?

truefact:

1 Like

Re: Voice Of America On Biafra by DaBullIT(m): 5:54am On Sep 09, 2015
Duru1:

Per the bolded, you are worse than pained, hurting asswipe. One wonders why you hellishly indulged in Biafran issue. Are you a dumbass Biafran, Olodo?

Yibidyot !!!!!!!!! did you read the comment i was responding to ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Extends Tenure Of 2016 Budget Capital Elements Until May 5,2017 / An Ikwerre Chief Destroys 50 Years Of Propaganda / BUSTED! Buhari's 'picture' In London Today FAKE - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.