Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? (100524 Views)

US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets / Nigerians In Diaspora Should Learn Good Behavior. / Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by bebe2(f): 12:23am On Apr 28, 2017
This is getting annoying , how come each time a person is asking for directions on how to travel abroad most pple in diaspora will be discouraging the person.

If it's dat terrible why are u still there?

You enjoy the benefits of living in an organised society, knowing fully well that naija is a difficult place to live.

Are u scared of the competition the new immigrants will bring?

Nigerians in diaspora , what exactly are u afraid off??

364 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by poshestmina(f): 12:29am On Apr 28, 2017
grin grin grin Very true .I think they don't want anybody coming over to be a burden to them especially friends and not too close relatives .Btw i'm in Nigeria .

217 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 28, 2017
bebe2:
This is getting annoying , how come each time a person is asking for directions on how to travel abroad most pple in diaspora will be discouraging the person.

You enjoy the benefits of living in an organised society, knowing fully well that naija is a difficult place to live.

Coz that's wat the reality & not only Nigerians are talking like that..ppol abroad discourage others to go abroad due to the bad experiences they've encountered..

But here is wat i can say..don't let these discouragements stop u from reaching ur dreams to go abroad...ur experience may be different from the others.

Don't lose hope & juz keep going..

129 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by salford: 12:52am On Apr 28, 2017
bebe2:

I dont discourage people to migrate especially if they are under some dire situation.
If you have a good job plus career in naija, can afford good hospitals, live well, afford holidays overseas e.t.c then they might want to consider d "abroad" option well. The "abroad" could be a career suicide at times.

162 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Benekruku(m): 3:28am On Apr 28, 2017
Few of them motivate you and show willingness to support.

Majority discourage u

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Originalsly: 5:07am On Apr 28, 2017
People at home have a certain mindset of life in America.... they only need to arrive... and all things will be bright and beautiful....just like on TV.... as long as you are willing to work hard. When those abroad say life is not as easy as you may think... it is called discouragement... because that is not what you want to hear. Yes...I am on vacation ..
loving it .... I should encourage you to invest half your life savings or borrow money and come enjoy just like me. What you dont factor in... is I have massive support... do I have to pay $150+ per nite in a cheap hotel?no... I pay zero for shelter...would you?...do I have to pay for food?...transport? No.. not a kobo....would you?...Would you have people showing you the ropes?...where to shop or get whatever?..no...but I do. It is not discouraging you from coming but for you to plan well and have every thing in order before you travel. I'll encourage everyone to come visit... don't overstay and be trapped here.... this can be a very lonely and a very rough place ... wayyy rougher than one weather Naija. There is sooo much to learn here...business ideas would just be jumping out at you. Dont see alerts as discouragement. ... same as people retiring or whatever and returning home... ignoring what those on ground are saying.... seeing it as same discouragement. Bottom line... look before you leap.

179 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 5:18am On Apr 28, 2017
sadOp that's not true. You just don't understand. I will never encourage someone above 25 to come to Germany. I mean forget it, you just WON'T cope and will have to settle for less. The language is the big deal here. People think it's very easy to learn a language, they don't even plan and most think Europe/America is a place where the streets are made of gold. Sometimes you have to be EXTREMELY patient, sometimes you will be forced to give up on your dreams etc.

The truth is the younger the better. You don't want to come here and do some jobs you don't want to, just because you can't speak the language and therefore have no other choice

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by amii131(f): 6:03am On Apr 28, 2017
lovelygurl:
sadOp that's not true. You just don't understand. I will never encourage someone above 25 to come to Germany. I mean forget it, you just WON'T cope and will have to settle for less. The language is the big deal here. People think it's very easy to learn a language, they don't even plan and most think Europe/America is a place where the streets are made of gold. Sometimes you have to be EXTREMELY patient, sometimes you will be forced to give up on your dreams etc.

The truth is the younger the better. You don't want to come here and do some jobs you don't want to, just because you can't speak the language and therefore have no other choice

sisi mi abeg u fit help me as sponsor make i come germany i can speak german i don learn german.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by justwise(m): 6:45am On Apr 28, 2017
bebe2:

@bebe2 you live here in the UK right?

This is what i want you to do..start a thread in this section and invite any Nigerian interested in moving to the UK to live and work then guild them on how to do it LEGITIMATELY

I promise to moderate that thread so that it will not be derailed.

These are the conditions:

1. It shouldn't be used to encourage people to circumvent immigration rules

2. No dropping of contact details or 'pm me for further details'.

3. No agency discussion.

Deal?

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 28, 2017
bebe2:

Nice thread but Nigeria is not a difficult place to live in. Those who want to migrate can do so legitimately and anyone seeking to stay shouldn't be made to feel like he or she is living in hell because it isn't true. Good thread

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Badgers14: 8:43am On Apr 28, 2017
bebe2:

My sister abeg calm down. I am happy for you that you Live Abroad and wish well for our folks back home.

BUT, I wouldn't want to count myself in as one of those that discourages potential travellers. I just tell them the truth and again, the truth hurts.

Most of the people that fire all those questions to "abroadians" want to run away from Nigeria and go and "hussle". Many don't mind walking or hiding in a cargo plane.

My dear, reason this, how many of those potential travellers have their green card or blue card handy?

I myself didn't immigrate in a cunny cunny way and am not sure how the people that came thru that way survive the ordeal, no one will never ever tell you the true story.

So Crucify me if i am wrong my dear, but i do tell them "pomp and plain" grin. Travelling outside Nigeria is not too difficult, Surviving outside Nigeria is.

If someone have the right document, they dont usually bother anyone but the ones that wants to fly out by all means could blow off your whatsapp.

While i understand there plights in Nigeria, I have also seen with my "2 naked eyes" the plights illegal immigrants go through in the U.S and my sister, i am not sure which one is safer. Again with Trump and his unknown never straightforward agenda , his administration is even deporting people protected by DACA.

Lastly, I do not discourage them, but i tell them truth. If they still want to come, bless their heart but I don't know how i can help them if they dont have the right documents.

Cheers!

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by bebe2(f): 8:55am On Apr 28, 2017
Badgers14:

My sister abeg calm down. I am happy for you that you Live Abroad and wish well for our folks back home.

BUT, I wouldn't want to count myself in as one of those that discourages potential travellers. I just tell them the truth and again, the truth hurts.

Most of the people that fire all those questions to "abroadians" want to run away from Nigeria and go and "hussle". Many don't mind walking or hiding in a cargo plane.

My dear, reason this, how many of those potential travellers have their green card or blue card handy?

I myself didn't immigrate in a cunny cunny way and am not sure how the people that came thru that way survive the ordeal, no one will never ever tell you the true story.

So Crucify me if i am wrong my dear, but i do tell them "pomp and plain" grin. Travelling outside Nigeria is not too difficult, Surviving outside Nigeria is.

If someone have the right document, they dont usually bother anyone but the ones that wants to fly out by all means could blow off your whatsapp.

While i understand there plights in Nigeria, I have also seen with my "2 naked eyes" the plights illegal immigrants go through in the U.S and my sister, i am not sure which one is safer. Again with Trump and his unknown never straightforward agenda , his administration is even deporting people protected by DACA.

Lastly, I do not discourage them, but i tell them truth. If they still want to come, bless their heart but I don't know how i can help them if they dont have the right documents.

Cheers!

I totally understand u,

But I do think for some pple traveling could be the only way out.

Now , I don't live in the USA so I can't tell wat illegals go through but in the uk they can get a job not legally though, and the smart ones will work 80 hrs a week quickly buy a small plot , build a one goat for their family back home . And u know once accommodation is settled , life is much easier anywhere in the world.

Getting in illegally does not mean one will never be legal. Once u are in u start to walk the ropes to settlement like millions of illegals before u.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by bebe2(f): 8:58am On Apr 28, 2017
Pidgin2:

Nice thread but Nigeria is not a difficult place to live in. Those who want to migrate can do so legitimately and anyone seeking to stay shouldn't be made to feel like he or she is living in hell because it isn't true. Good thread

Dats because u selfish, for u it's easy, for me it was very easy , but for lots of pple in my community it was hell. And for lots of pple today, it is hell.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by bebe2(f): 9:07am On Apr 28, 2017
TrapQueen77:

Coz that's wat the reality & not only Nigerians are talking like that..ppol abroad discourage others to go abroad due to the bad experiences they've encountered..

But here is wat i can say..don't let these discouragements stop u from reaching ur dreams to go abroad...ur experience may be different from the others.

Don't lose hope & juz keep going..

Bro bad experience dey everywhere,

Abroad own there is hope atleast. Naija can be hopeless oo

I have seen pple born , raised and died in abject porverty.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by bebe2(f): 9:13am On Apr 28, 2017
salford:

I dont discourage people to migrate especially if they are under some dire situation.
If you have a good job plus career in naija, can afford good hospitals, live well, afford holidays overseas e.t.c then they might want to consider d "abroad" option well. The "abroad" could be a career suicide at times.

Obviously dat will be stupid.

But am talking the average Nigerian dat no hope and no connection, whose mum sells akamu and dad stands on the road waiting for day labour, they live in a single room with 5 other kids?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 28, 2017
bebe2:

Dats because u selfish, for u it's easy, for me it was very easy , but for lots of pple in my community it was hell. And for lots of pple today, it is hell.

Define hell, you don't live here yet you say all this nonsense. Smh

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 28, 2017
bebe2:

Obviously dat will be stupid.

But am talking the average Nigerian dat no hope and no connection, whose mum sells akamu and dad stands on the road waiting for day labour, they live in a single room with 5 other kids?

The average Nigerian does not sell akamu

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Amoto94(m): 9:27am On Apr 28, 2017
bebe2 justwise pose a challenge to you, are you ready to do as he's said?

24 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Saintsquare(m): 9:37am On Apr 28, 2017
Op they are coming for u o ,they will tell how its so difficult to live abroad ,they will also list lots of tax to make it seems no be human being dey pay am. They would come home to show off wealth they accumulated, post nice things on social media for people to hail them but when you mention your interest to come then voila they will describe abroad like Somalia.. I don't encourage peeps who got no travel plans thereby turning to illegal immigrants which might result to being homeless, have a solid and sensible plan.Nigeria is really not easy o,may God help us.

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by justwise(m): 9:50am On Apr 28, 2017
Saintsquare:
Op they are coming for u o ,they will tell how its so difficult to live abroad ,they will also list lots of tax to make it seems no be human being dey pay am. They would come home to show off wealth they accumulated, post nice things on social media for people to hail them but when you mention your interest to come then voila they will describe abroad like Somalia.. I don't encourage peeps who got no travel plans thereby turning to illegal immigrants which might result to being homeless, have a solid and sensible plan.Nigeria is really not easy o,may God help us.

bebe2:

I totally understand u,

But I do think for some pple traveling could be the only way out.

Now , I don't live in the USA so I can't tell wat illegals go through but in the uk they can get a job not legally though, and the smart ones will work 80 hrs a week quickly buy a small plot , build a one goat for their family back home . And u know once accommodation is settled , life is much easier anywhere in the world.

Getting in illegally does not mean one will never be legal. Once u are in u start to walk the ropes to settlement like millions of illegals before u.

You don't understand why she started this thread

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Saintsquare(m): 9:55am On Apr 28, 2017
justwise:

You don't understand why she started this thread
kindly make me

17 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by bebe2(f): 9:57am On Apr 28, 2017
justwise:

@bebe2 you live here in the UK right?

This is what i want you to do..start a thread in this section and invite any Nigerian interested in moving to the UK to live and work then guild them on how to do it LEGITIMATELY

I promise to moderate that thread so that it will not be derailed.

These are the conditions:

1. It shouldn't be used to encourage people to circumvent immigration rules

2. No dropping of contact details or 'pm me for further details'.

3. No agency discussion.

Deal?

Disclaimer: am not an agent, neither do I know of how to get pple to western countries LEGITIMATELY nor ILLEGITIMATELY cool

But my opinion is , if u find the current state of Nigeria unbearable, and u want to leave the country pls do so by any means u can.

I do not advise going to Europe by land, only because the route is saturated, there are too many pple using and it's unsafe.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by bebe2(f): 10:00am On Apr 28, 2017
Pidgin2:

Define hell, you don't live here yet you say all this nonsense. Smh

I live in Nigeria more than u do?

It's like living in a dirty house , after some time u don't see anymore, but someone who hasn't been to ur place before will come in and immediately see all the dirts.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by bebe2(f): 10:01am On Apr 28, 2017
Amoto94:
bebe2 justwise pose a challenge to you, are you ready to do as he's said?

No sir/ma

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by helpyom(f): 10:10am On Apr 28, 2017
That's why i created a thread about my loved one over there.it's so painful please help us ooo for ppl that has little to be ssupported

God help us ooo for people that don't even have helpers but to the facts of not getting encouragement from our fellow Nigerians and loved ones over there not fair the hardship in this country is hell.

We have high numbers of youths ready to work but no work people just manage anything they see you can imagine working 11hrs here everyday for 6 days in a week with little stipends.

What would make one not reason leaving here.

12 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by justwise(m): 10:47am On Apr 28, 2017
Saintsquare:
kindly make me

She started this thread to encourage anybody who wants to travel abroad to do that legally or illegally and breaking the law to make it in that country doesn't bother her.

Got it now?

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by justwise(m): 10:52am On Apr 28, 2017
bebe2:

Disclaimer: am not an agent, neither do I know of how to get pple to western countries LEGITIMATELY nor ILLEGITIMATELY cool

But my opinion is , if u find the current state of Nigeria unbearable, and u want to leave the country pls do so by any means u can.

I do not advise going to Europe by land, only because the route is saturated, there are too many pple using and it's unsafe.

If you don't know how to get anybody to western countries legally or illegally then why are you calling people who give their opinion based on experience 'wickedness'?

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Saintsquare(m): 10:54am On Apr 28, 2017
justwise:

She started this thread to encourage anybody who wants to travel abroad to do that legally or illegally and breaking the law to make it in that country doesn't bother her.

Got it now?
Ok,even tho its sounds somehow,we can't ignore the fact many immigrants have become someone in life through such means but I won't encourage peeps to engage in such as some have ended up in prison or being killed self.
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by claremont(m): 10:59am On Apr 28, 2017
I'm guessing I'm being wicked and selfish by only supporting people who wish to migrate legally. If we go along with the OPs reasoning, a good way to show selflessness and generosity is to assist our fellow Nigerians to 'go abroad' using any legal or illegal means.
Yet, we blame politicians for being corrupt, I strongly believe that 99.9% of Nigerians are innately corrupt. Nigeria is a country were someone who chooses to do the right thing is viewed as abnormal, selfish, wicked. What is sad is that some Nigerians in the diaspora still have not shaken off the innate Nigerian mentality. This is why non-Nigerians perceive the average Nigerian as a potential fraudster, they posit that the only honest Nigerian is the one who hasn't found himself/herself in a position to steal and/or commit fraud.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by justwise(m): 11:00am On Apr 28, 2017
Saintsquare:
Ok,even tho its sounds somehow,we can't ignore the fact many immigrants have become someone in life through such means but I won't encourage peeps to engage in such as some have ended up in prison or being killed self.

Very very few cases in the past and that doesn't mean we should encourage it because it affects other legitimate visa applicants and it does lead to change in visa rules.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 28, 2017
bebe2:

I live in Nigeria more than u do?

It's like living in a dirty house , after some time u don't see anymore, but someone who hasn't been to ur place before will come in and immediately see all the dirts.

Do you know me, how can you say you live in Nigeria more than me?

I recently welcomed someone from the UK (a relative) who came around after over five years since he came last and he was so impressed with Naija, taking pictures every minute and sending to people there.

What he marveled at was the change in landscape and the fast pace of development in Lagos, he did things like; paid visits to tourist centers - which we've always had but I never took the time to see, and he is making plans to relocate already so what do you think you are talking about?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by bebe2(f): 11:34am On Apr 28, 2017
Pidgin2:

Do you know me, how can you say you live in Nigeria more than me?

I recently welcomed someone from the UK (a relative) who came around after over five years since he came last and he was so impressed with Naija, taking pictures every minute and sending to people there.

What he marveled at was the change in landscape and the fast pace of developmental projects in Lagos, he did things like paid visits to tourist centers which we've always had but I never took the time to see, and he is making plans to relocate already so what do you think you are talking about?

Jesu shocked

U just proved my point.

Next time he comes tell him to look for a charity/foundation and help out for a couple of hours, or go to a hospital and pay for one persons bill dat is being held for none payment, or go to a govt primary school and buy uniforms for ten kids with the worst uniforms, should I continue??

Don't make it seem like self centredness runs in ur blood ooo, it's not nice undecided

73 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million / US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.