Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion (15584 Views)

Bitcoin Is A Fraud That Will Blow Up,says America's Bigggest Bank JP Morgan Boss / Investors Recover N400bn Lost To JP Morgan Sentiments / On JP Morgan And Our Economy- A Layman's View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by wiseoneking: 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
Adesiji77:

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/09/financial-markets-suffer-after-jp-morgan-index-expulsion/ lalasticlala
We need Ngozi Okonji Iweala now or never. She remain the only person that will deliver Buhari from his economic suicide. PRIDE WILL NOT ALLOW HIM TO HIRE NGOZI BACK. Nigeria ecomomy is beyond rearing 150 cows since 1985 : 30yrs and magically increasing it from 150-270 cows in 3months. I don set. Economy of Nigeria will continue to grow in sahara reporter, tvc, the nation. GP MORGAN, you are on your own. Ndi oyo don hear well.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by coolitempa(f): 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
Vig86:

I really admire your write up, but you should desist from the habit of using "......." in your writing.

Hahahaha, it's a deliberate ploy that I employ for NL alone. But I appreciate your comments, maybe it's about time, I revert to my real self. grin

1 Like

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by shidof(m): 5:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
Autolord:
If somebody close to buhari don't give him a dirty slap right now, 5 million biafrans will march to aso rock to call for his impeachment

modified
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by pmc01(m): 5:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
Stupid economic jargons that has never had any meaningful impact on the common man. The opposition should keep blowing this out of proportion and keep raising false alarm everywhere. Na una go tire. Rubbish.
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by amazingspiderma: 5:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
sparkwil:
A country gets wt it deserves

When sane nations look for educated, smart, modern and sincere leaders our almajiri populated nation preferred an outdated semiliterate dude and wt d support of their slaves somewhere down south angry, got wt they wanted.

A country gets wt it deserves

You don talk am finish.

3 Likes

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by opeoluwa20(m): 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2015
dont call your fathers land a zoo be respectful
Buchukwu:
Nigeria is crumbling. The earlier Nigeria crumbles the better for everybody. We didn't know who hausas or yorubas were before this evil entity was created. Nobody knows the meaning of Nigeria or what it represents. THE ZOO MUST FALL

1 Like

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by festico: 5:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
that is what u get when u have a cattle rearer as president.

5 Likes

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by opeoluwa20(m): 5:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
ngozi kor chidinma ni
wiseoneking:
We need Ngozi Okonji Iweala now or never. She remain the only person that will deliver Buhari from his economic suicide. PRIDE WILL NOT ALLOW HIM TO HIRE NGOZI BACK. Nigeria ecomomy is beyond rearing 150 cows since 1985 : 30yrs and magically increasing it from 150-270 cows in 3months. I don set. Economy of Nigeria will continue to grow in sahara reporter, tvc, the nation. GP MORGAN, you are on your own. Ndi oyo don hear well.
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by wiseoneking: 5:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
efilefun:

Only fools and brainwashed wailers would blame PMB after reading this thread.
You are actually living in a paradise fool. Thesame PMB your great god and saviour is equal to the task. Why did you vote 4 him. He must fix that rot or else Nigerians will throw him stones with curses. You are suffering from shame and reproach of trusting in a man. This has passed the issue of wailers because they are presently your saviour. YOU ARE ACTUALLY THE BRAINWASHED FUUL in this case.

8 Likes

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by princemillla(m): 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
ibedun:

Brilliant!!! Not only that, you may recall that they tried to play the same trick on Russia (imagine, big Russia!!) telling it not to introduce capital controls as that will destroy the Russian economy. The Russians promptly introduced capital control and that has no only stemmed the slide of the Rouble but that currency has recovered and its waxing stronger. The Chinese even closed a massive SWAP deal with Russia and both will accept each other's currency for trade settlement.

That fat cheeked, inferiority complex world bank clerk got us into these mess. As usual trying to impress her world bank bosses and clients not withstanding whether our country goes to pots. NOI started this and got us to this awful mess.

Obasanjo gave us NOI and Jonathan. The man is from my village but I despise his guts.

My brother, it will only take sane people to understand that Nigeria is on her way to freedom. I agree will affect us both, on the long run it will pay. For me, nice move by the CBN. Been waiting for this a very long time time a go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by efilefun(m): 6:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
You are actually the opposite of your moniker, GEJ can be your great god and savior i dont give a Bleep oponu oshi, next time you wanna spew your trash kindly dont quote me.
wiseoneking:
You are actually living in a paradise fool. Thesame PMB your great god and saviour is equal to the task. Why did you vote 4 him. He must fix that rot or else Nigerians will throw him stones with curses. You are suffering from shame and reproach of trusting in a man. This has passed the issue of wailers because they are presently your saviour. YOU ARE ACTUALLY THE BRAINWASHED FUUL in this case.
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by bummyla(m): 6:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by ttmacoy: 6:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
I love the way we blame everyone for our mess every time.

It is not America or the West that has put Nigeria in the situation it is now. It is Nigerian's selfishness and greed. Oil prices were at record high for years and we have nothing to show for it and you come here blaming America.

How will an African currency work when we are not even united in Nigeria not to talk of Africa as a continent? And even if there was an African currency there will have to be rules and principles which every member must abide by which means even if Nigeria or any country involved broke those rules they could be chucked out.
Same principle applies with the JP Morgan index. There are minimum criteria for government bonds to be part of it. Nigeria has fallen out of those requirements and will be dropped simple. it is only fair on other countries who are able to meet the requirements that when one doesn't he faces the consequence rather than the way we always find a way to bend rules and principles in Nigeria. Stop blaming others for your problems.

You say America owes China. i say China actually believes in America so much that it has invested the bulk of its foreign reserves in the US Federal bonds because it knows that is one of the most liquid and strongest investment. You do realize the reason the likes of China, Japan etc buy US treasury bills and bonds is because of those investments are considered very strong and liquid and not because America is begging China right? Bonds are sold as auctions and China buys them because they need to hold foreign reserves to support their export driven economy. please get your facts right.

Nigeria is the cause of Nigeria's problems.

ModiKen:
We would get back on our feet.

Fork all them whiteman lists, rules and regulations for financial development.

They are what brought Africa to its knees financially. World Bank and IMF comes to mind here.

We need to block all holes through which those thieves who have been in power or close to those in power keep looting us.

We would develop without JP Morgan listing.

We need to break free of these American and European organisations trying to determine our growth and development.

Africa its time we have our own currency; one currency for the continent as suggested by the late Mummuar Ghadaffi.

An African currency would go higher than the Euro used by member countries of the Euro zone due to the huge amount of resources and the endless investment opportunities on the continent

So they expected us to fold our arms and watch the Naira fall same way the Zimbabwean dollar fell.

CBN please continue protecting our currency.

We may feel it hurts now but on the long run we would see the benefits.

China is a shining example. Today the U.S owes China thousands of dollars.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by oba2flex(m): 6:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
ellechrystal:
Oh sure. Not sexy enough for u to masturbate Buhahahahaha.
Maybe undecided
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by Morizo(m): 6:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
Hello Mr. President, this is your call sir. You need a high powered economic team to turn things around fast. But sadly ur cannot produce that

3 Likes

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by ohenhen1: 6:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
The western countries are waging a silent war on Nigeria. Buhari don't be naive. Under no circumstance should we devalue the currency again. Do what is best for Nigeria. Make them delist us. Nigeria will still succeed.
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by Buchukwu: 6:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
opeoluwa20:
dont call your fathers land a zoo be respectful
My father is older than Nigeria. How can that be my father land. I'm a biafran.

4 Likes

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by talktimi(m): 6:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
ModiKen:
We would get back on our feet.

Fork all them whiteman lists, rules and regulations for financial development.

They are what brought Africa to its knees financially. World Bank and IMF comes to mind here.

We need to block all holes through which those thieves who have been in power or close to those in power keep looting us.

We would develop without JP Morgan listing.

We need to break free of these American and European organisations trying to determine our growth and development.

Africa its time we have our own currency; one currency for the continent as suggested by the late Mummuar Ghadaffi.

An African currency would go higher than the Euro used by member countries of the Euro zone due to the huge amount of resources and the endless investment opportunities on the continent

So they expected us to fold our arms and watch the Naira fall same way the Zimbabwean dollar fell.

CBN please continue protecting our currency.

We may feel it hurts now but on the long run we would see the benefits.

China is a shining example. Today the U.S owes China thousands of dollars.
this got me cracking up hard grin please go and study China's economy very well and not that búllshït you've been fed before comparing Nigeria to them.
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by TippyTop(m): 6:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
Buhari crashing economies since 1985.

5 Likes

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by kannymoore(m): 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
Buchukwu:
My father is older than Nigeria. How can that be my father land. I'm a biafran.

You sir..are either a liar or not very well informed.,,but ipray you're not both.

Nigeria was conceived in 1914. It gained independence in 1960.

You may havebeen born in the 1980's for example but you finally got independence @ age 18wen you attained adulthood.
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by Tonitelli: 6:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
MadCow1:
Wetin dey worry this Morgan Freeman guy sef? angry

Why does he hate Nigeria?

chai..! madcow...!

lmao!
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by Nnemuka(f): 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
The dullards body odour on the way.... Keep calm grin

1 Like

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by Xano(m): 7:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
efilefun:

Only fools and brainwashed wailers would blame PMB after reading this thread.

Interesting post. Nigeria's economy is not good at the moment, you are being political about it.
Very immature of you. Ask people who are brokers at Nigeria Stock Exchange and hear what they will say.

While you at it, read the below quote:
Adesiji77:

With no finance minister in place, foreign investors have been left wondering about government policies and struggling to sell shares or bonds as the central bank adopted tough currency restrictions to halt a slide of the naira.
Anders Faergemann, senior sovereign portfolio manager at PineBridge Investments, said he was surprised that Buhari had not started tackling the country’s economic problems more than three months into his tenure.
“As an investor it is flabbergasting that the Nigerian authorities have allowed themselves to be put in this situation,” he said.
All Nigerian stocks listed in the MSCI frontier market index fell by more than 3 percent, while bond yields spiked across maturities.

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/09/financial-markets-suffer-after-jp-morgan-index-expulsion/ lalasticlala

Dude, grow up.

3 Likes

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by Eluwilussit(m): 7:10pm On Sep 09, 2015
nnachukz:
God save us. Our economy is seriously backtracking and our Government seems totally confuse about any practical solution. The effect is more felt by the good citizens of this country.

Good citizens, abi foolish citizens?
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by Eluwilussit(m): 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2015
mmb:
I hope PDP is not behind this?

saboteurs

Who else? PDP is behind, while APC is before everything bad in naija. cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by persius555(m): 7:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
Govt bond buy back is the new economic slavery tool the west use to control and retrict emerging economies from protecting their economy. JP Morgan was resposible for the rapid sell out of bonds which led to the withdraw of foreign investor funds from the nigeria stock market. This policy was well planned to further deepen our economic crises just when we are implementing policies that check speculator driven liquidity flow. China's stock market crashed just weeks ago and the federal reserve bank in the US had to delay the proposed increase in interest rate at the detriment of its own economy, knowing fully well that a suffering chinese economy could only serve as temporary gain in the dollar strength. If this step had not been taken, the chinese would have resulted to a sell off of US bonds which will affect the growth of its economy. Now, the chinese are thinking of devaluing their currency against the dollar to save their economy from further slowdown. If the chinese are taking these steps to protect their economy and the americans are not complaining, why should they complain when we take similar meaures to save our economy. For all i know,the value of nigerians bond bought by JP Morgan is about 3 billion dollars (25% of total govt bond in foreign possesion), the impact couldnt be that enormous to throw our economy into recession, just a slight impact on the naira value.
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by kaboninc(m): 7:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
PassingShot....please add this to the list of wonders in the last 100 days of your superior....

The decision is a blow to President Muhammadu Buhari, who has promised to diversify an oil-dependent economy hit by a slump in global crude prices but who faces criticism for not having appointed a cabinet since his inauguration on May 29.

With no finance minister in place, foreign investors have been left wondering about government policies and struggling to sell shares or bonds as the central bank adopted tough currency restrictions to halt a slide of the naira.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by nnachukz(m): 7:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Good citizens, abi foolish citizens?
how do you mean? My dear.
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by ModiKen(m): 7:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
talktimi:
this got me cracking up hard grin please go and study China's economy very well and not that búllshït you've been fed before comparing Nigeria to them.

Mr. Chinese scholar, can u please lecture us on the rise of the Chinese economy?
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by Eluwilussit(m): 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
nnachukz:
how do you mean? My dear.

How did we end up with all these dimwits as our presidents(past and present)? You reap what you sow. A man who failed to submit his qualifications with his application, who probably lied about them, was given a clean bill to run for the presidency. Is anybody surprised?

Look at it this way; he claims he chose his appointees from his closest associates, really? If all his closest and trusted associates are Northerners, then it simply means that he's a tribal champion. He has not been nationalistic and patriotic enough to interact with others. Especially, given that he has been the Head of state and ptf chairman in the past.

Buhari is setting a new precedent. This will surely lead to bad blood someday, when the tables are turned. He wants to rule naija like a dictator. This is how all dictators start. They surround themselves with core loyalists. With time, no one can challenge him.

I think the SE has been vindicated at last. Even if he performs, it still doesn't change the fact that he is parochial in the choices he has made so far. I wish him success.

5 Likes

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by ModiKen(m): 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
ttmacoy:
I love the way we blame everyone for our mess every time.

It is not America or the West that has put Nigeria in the situation it is now. It is Nigerian's selfishness and greed. Oil prices were at record high for years and we have nothing to show for it and you come here blaming America.

How will an African currency work when we are not even united in Nigeria not to talk of Africa as a continent? And even if there was an African currency there will have to be rules and principles which every member must abide by which means even if Nigeria or any country involved broke those rules they could be chucked out.
Same principle applies with the JP Morgan index. There are minimum criteria for government bonds to be part of it. Nigeria has fallen out of those requirements and will be dropped simple. it is only fair on other countries who are able to meet the requirements that when one doesn't he faces the consequence rather than the way we always find a way to bend rules and principles in Nigeria. Stop blaming others for your problems.

You say America owes China. i say China actually believes in America so much that it has invested the bulk of its foreign reserves in the US Federal bonds because it knows that is one of the most liquid and strongest investment. You do realize the reason the likes of China, Japan etc buy US treasury bills and bonds is because of those investments are considered very strong and liquid and not because America is begging China right? Bonds are sold as auctions and China buys them because they need to hold foreign reserves to support their export driven economy. please get your facts right.

Nigeria is the cause of Nigeria's problems.

I'm from the south south and I strongly kick against the Biafran struggle.

But what that Nnamdi Kanu says about Britain and its stronghold on Nigeria is an eye opener.

Do u know the presidents of most french speaking African countries are mere puppets of their former colonial master, France?

Do u know that part of the agreement for gaining independence was the annual payment of a fixed amount as renumeration for the investments (infrastructure and otherwise) made by France in these African countries?

Those countries who refused to pay the french destroyed all their investments before leaving.

Those who agreeed to pay, keep paying from their nose till date.

History has it that all presidents in these former colonies who refused to pay or put an end to the agreement with the French was be shot dead by an former member of the French legion.

Dude, I know our leaders have failed us, but there is no denying the fact that the West have to a large extent had a hand in our present predicaments and unless we free ourselves from their grip we won't move forward.

CBN, ride on!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Develop A Savings Culture / I Winthrill A Scam? / How Much Have You Lost Via the Internet Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.