Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion (15583 Views)

Bitcoin Is A Fraud That Will Blow Up,says America's Bigggest Bank JP Morgan Boss / Investors Recover N400bn Lost To JP Morgan Sentiments / On JP Morgan And Our Economy- A Layman's View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by repogirl(f): 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
Wetin consign farmer with economics?

But seriously baba should appoint finance minister at least nahangry
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by princejenks(m): 7:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
ModiKen:
We would get back on our feet.

Fork all them whiteman lists, rules and regulations for financial development.

They are what brought Africa to its knees financially. World Bank and IMF comes to mind here.

We need to block all holes through which those thieves who have been in power or close to those in power keep looting us.

We would develop without JP Morgan listing.

We need to break free of these American and European organisations trying to determine our growth and development.

Africa its time we have our own currency; one currency for the continent as suggested by the late Mummuar Ghadaffi.

An African currency would go higher than the Euro used by member countries of the Euro zone due to the huge amount of resources and the endless investment opportunities on the continent

So they expected us to fold our arms and watch the Naira fall same way the Zimbabwean dollar fell.

CBN please continue protecting our currency.

We may feel it hurts now but on the long run we would see the benefits.

China is a shining example. Today the U.S owes China thousands of dollars.
the same china you are citing as example is in a dire straits cos it is experiencing economic challenges due to lack of consumption of its goods by its people who prefer foreign goods while china goods are being rejected in the us and other places due to their low standards which makes it look towards a weaker african economy. If a US pulls out its interests in china,a japan a strong rival is there willing to mop up whatever liabilities that a us is indebted to china. Long and short of it is that china is at the mercy of the US and its other allies who rule world economy so a nigeria cannot and is not even big enough to stand alone as your suggesting. Imagine the gdp of us alone is four times that of the whole africa put together!
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by nnachukz(m): 7:56pm On Sep 09, 2015
Eluwilussit:

How did we end up with all these dimwits as our presidents(past and present)? You reap what you sow. A man who failed to submit his qualifications with his application, who probably lied about them, was given a clean bill to run for the presidency. Is anybody surprised?

Look at it this way; he claims he chose his appointees from his closest associates, really? If all his closest and trusted associates are Northerners, then it simply means that he's a tribal champion. He has not been nationalistic and patriotic enough to interact with others. Especially, given that he has been the Head of state and ptf chairman in the past.

Buhari is setting a new precedent. This will surely lead to bad blood someday, when the tables are turned. He wants to rule naija like a dictator. This is how all dictators start. They surround themselves with core loyalists. With time, no one can challenge him.

I think the SE has been vindicated at last. Even if he performs, it still doesn't change the fact that he is parochial in the choices he has made so far. I wish him success.
your point is clearer now. But some people were caught in this web not by any fault of theirs.
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by wiseoneking: 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
efilefun:
You are actually the opposite of your moniker, GEJ can be your great god and savior i dont give a Bleep oponu oshi, next time you wanna spew your trash kindly dont quote me.
Why are you wailing. I just corrected your mess. Stop crying. I dont mean to vex you
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by Eluwilussit(m): 8:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
nnachukz:
your point is clearer now. But some people were caught in this web not by any fault of theirs.

I agree with you completely. In everything in life, there will never be equity and justice. There will always be such unfortunate people as long as those who are supposed to protect them, only look out for their stomach.
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by Kalvan: 8:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
ttmacoy:
I love the way we blame everyone for our mess every time.

It is not America or the West that has put Nigeria in the situation it is now. It is Nigerian's selfishness and greed. Oil prices were at record high for years and we have nothing to show for it and you come here blaming America.

How will an African currency work when we are not even united in Nigeria not to talk of Africa as a continent? And even if there was an African currency there will have to be rules and principles which every member must abide by which means even if Nigeria or any country involved broke those rules they could be chucked out.
Same principle applies with the JP Morgan index. There are minimum criteria for government bonds to be part of it. Nigeria has fallen out of those requirements and will be dropped simple. it is only fair on other countries who are able to meet the requirements that when one doesn't he faces the consequence rather than the way we always find a way to bend rules and principles in Nigeria. Stop blaming others for your problems.

You say America owes China. i say China actually believes in America so much that it has invested the bulk of its foreign reserves in the US Federal bonds because it knows that is one of the most liquid and strongest investment. You do realize the reason the likes of China, Japan etc buy US treasury bills and bonds is because of those investments are considered very strong and liquid and not because America is begging China right? Bonds are sold as auctions and China buys them because they need to hold foreign reserves to support their export driven economy. please get your facts right.

Nigeria is the cause of Nigeria's problems.

Finally. Someone with a brain.

1 Like

Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by akatonero(m): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
It's high time to probe JP MORGAN grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by sniperr007(m): 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
efilefun:

Only fools and brainwashed wailers would blame PMB after reading this thread.

Didn't u read abt how d lack of policies due to no ministers affects d economy.

He has to share in d blame.his slow pace is causing dis issues

He shud focus on improving d economy rather Dan his probing cos he can probe but little or no1 will go to jail.
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by akintun: 10:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
Abeg I wan know d value dis foreign investors (gamblers) add to d Nigerian economy. Abeg make them comot. In fact they will alway leave. When d yields in their countries start to rise above d near zero rates, they would leave, when there is trouble anywhere in d world, they would leave. These guys are vultures, we don't need them. The investors we need are those that invest in growing companies, and bring along their management and technical skills with them. JP morgan index ko, JP morgan index ni
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by talktimi(m): 10:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
ModiKen:

[s]Mr. Chinese scholar, can u please lecture us on the rise of the Chinese economy?[/s]
get lost with your stupiditý abeg I don't have time for dullards
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 10:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
Buchukwu:
Nigeria is crumbling. The earlier Nigeria crumbles the better for everybody. We didn't know who hausas or yorubas were before this evil entity was created. Nobody knows the meaning of Nigeria or what it represents. My father is older than Nigeria. How can Nigeria then be my father land. I'm a biafran. THE ZOO MUST FALL

Can you say something meaningful without insulting our dear country by calling it a zoo,people like you are the reason why Nigeria is backward,you must be mad to insult our dear land,you can kiss the grass since you and your followers are living in the bush, anuohia.
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by ocelot2006(m): 11:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
ModiKen:
We would get back on our feet.

Fork all them whiteman lists, rules and regulations for financial development.

They are what brought Africa to its knees financially. World Bank and IMF comes to mind here.

We need to block all holes through which those thieves who have been in power or close to those in power keep looting us.

We would develop without JP Morgan listing.

We need to break free of these American and European organisations trying to determine our growth and development.

Africa its time we have our own currency; one currency for the continent as suggested by the late Mummuar Ghadaffi.

An African currency would go higher than the Euro used by member countries of the Euro zone due to the huge amount of resources and the endless investment opportunities on the continent

So they expected us to fold our arms and watch the Naira fall same way the Zimbabwean dollar fell.

CBN please continue protecting our currency.

We may feel it hurts now but on the long run we would see the benefits.

China is a shining example. Today the U.S owes China thousands of dollars.

You do know that China is an EXPORT based economy while Nigeria relies HEAVILY on imports, right?
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by internetpo(m): 2:55am On Sep 10, 2015
Ozin:
We should all relax and wait for the Dull.apo that hit the ground running backwards and has passed Libya and moving backwards.let us all pray he start moving forward when he get to the Mediterranean sea this September as he promised even though 8 of every 10 things he says are lies
Ha. guy u harsh o. cheesy
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by ModiKen(m): 4:26am On Sep 10, 2015
ocelot2006:

You do know that China is an EXPORT based economy while Nigeria relies HEAVILY on imports, right?

Hence Buhari promised he won't rest until Nigerian products become a world wide brand just like made in Chinese goods are.

Get the industries working again. Thats all.

Ajaokuta and Delta steel industries are in coma, all thanks to the self acclaimed "father of modern Nigeria", Obj.

Are u telling me Nigeria foesn't have the capacity/potential to be a major export country?!!
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by ModiKen(m): 7:01am On Sep 10, 2015
talktimi:
get lost with your stupiditý abeg I don't have time for dullards

grin grin

Time to bring fact to thr table reach but u run; blabing rubbish.

What does China have dat we don't have?
Is it the human and material resources to become developed?

We have both in abundance. What has been lacking is the right leadership to put measures in place to start actualizing our potential as the most populous black nation on the planet.

Guy, if u no dey sure of wetin u dey talk, just shutDaForkup and watch Bubu put things in order!!!
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by ModiKen(m): 7:22am On Sep 10, 2015
princejenks:
the same china you are citing as example is in a dire straits cos it is experiencing economic challenges due to lack of consumption of its goods by its people who prefer foreign goods while china goods are being rejected in the us and other places due to their low standards which makes it look towards a weaker african economy. If a US pulls out its interests in china,a japan a strong rival is there willing to mop up whatever liabilities that a us is indebted to china. Long and short of it is that china is at the mercy of the US and its other allies who rule world economy so a nigeria cannot and is not even big enough to stand alone as your suggesting. Imagine the gdp of us alone is four times that of the whole africa put together!

So u mean to tell me China is at the mercy of the U.S.

grin grin

When the Chinese PM said that a Lion in the far east has risen, Western countries couldn't but wet their pants.

BTW, China is way smarter than the U.S.

China made greater strides in maximizing their export to African countries.

Same continent the U.S ignored for decades.

Although its quite sad but its the truth, thats how China grew; by exporting more to Africa and other less developed countries around the world.

Russia is following same path.

Following the sanctions by the U.S and its friends, Russia has sought to increase the export of its nuclear energy to less developed countries around the world to put a halt to the downward slidr of its economy.

All we need in Naija is to get our industries working again.

Our exports would increase and unemployment would be reduced.

Most people like you think it is impossible for Nigeria to be a developed nation.

But I say NO! It is possible!!
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by talktimi(m): 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2015
ModiKen:

grin grin

Time to bring fact to thr table reach but u run; blabing rubbish.

What does China have dat we don't have?
Is it the human and material resources to become developed?

We have both in abundance. What has been lacking is the right leadership to put measures in place to start actualizing our potential as the most populous black nation on the planet.

Guy, if u no dey sure of wetin u dey talk, just shutDaForkup and watch Bubu put things in order!!!
read this thing you posted again then shake your head in shame. I find it difficult to banter with ïdiots. Enjoy your day
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by ModiKen(m): 9:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
talktimi:
read this thing you posted again then shake your head in shame. I find it difficult to banter with ïdiots. Enjoy your day

I read it and found my self nodding my head.

U too, enjoy ur day.
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by talktimi(m): 9:33pm On Sep 10, 2015
ModiKen:

I read it and found my self nodding my head.

U too, enjoy ur day.
I went through your replies to other posters, send we're on the same page though you misunderstood me. Nigeria has POTENTIALS' and that's where it ends for now till the country is restructured economically and constitutionally. Please forgive my earlier tirade.
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by ModiKen(m): 7:43am On Sep 11, 2015
talktimi:
I went through your replies to other posters, send we're on the same page though you misunderstood me. Nigeria has POTENTIALS' and that's where it ends for now till the country is restructured economically and constitutionally. Please forgive my earlier tirade.

No hard feelings bro.

We pray the Nigeria of our dream would come sooner rather than later.
Re: Financial Markets Suffer After JP Morgan Index Expulsion by tammie24: 11:36pm On Sep 11, 2015
Buchukwu:
Nigeria is crumbling. The earlier Nigeria crumbles the better for everybody. We didn't know who hausas or yorubas were before this evil entity was created. Nobody knows the meaning of Nigeria or what it represents. My father is older than Nigeria. How can Nigeria then be my father land. I'm a biafran. THE ZOO MUST FALL
You people should stop deceiving urselves
You do not own the oi in Niger Delta
When Nigeria finally divides -which I hope will happen soon- then una eye go clear*selfish pipu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Develop A Savings Culture / I Winthrill A Scam? / How Much Have You Lost Via the Internet Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.