Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? (4494 Views)

Urgent Question About APTECH / New Horizons Vs Hiit Vs Aptech - For Web Development & Programming Skills / APTECH Products Please I Need Urgent Info. Please!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? by Raypawer(m): 6:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
Please i will need some candid advise, btw Aptech adse and Nigerian university, which is most credible, has anybody traveled for the final year course as stated by aptech?
Re: Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
Raypawer:
Please i will need some candid advise, btw Aptech adse and Nigerian university, which is most credible, has anybody traveled for the final year course as stated by aptech?

Yep I did mine in Mauritius any questions ? Well I know with it you can serve but when I did my bsc in Mauritius I already had a bsc and had served.
Re: Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? by Raypawer(m): 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
Thanks, i had to be very sure, just spoke to the man @ Ikeja Office nd he told me 1.5m (4 naija only), so i had to be sure of what i'll be diving into...

pcguru1:

Yep I did mine in Mauritius any questions ? Well I know with it you can serve but when I did my bsc in Mauritius I already had a bsc and had served.
Re: Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? by Ochiske(m): 10:33am On Sep 12, 2015
Raypawer:

Yop. That's what I'm doing right now now. At Aptech Calabar. our final year students are leaving this september. What they teach is better than NIgerian Universities.
Re: Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? by yungcheda(m): 6:13pm On Sep 12, 2015
Pls, how much is the total fee??
How long will the course last??
What is actually the name of the course?? Bsc in comp sci??
Re: Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? by Raypawer(m): 7:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
went arround or ask arround and this is what i discovered

Price Btw 1 million to 1.5 million depending on the location for the 2years 3months in Nigeria

for other info visit

http://www.mdx.ac.uk/about-us/academic-partnerships/our-current-partners/aptech-partnership

yungcheda:
Pls, how much is the total fee??

How long will the course last??

What is actually the name of the course?? Bsc in comp sci??

Re: Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? by Javanian: 10:42am On Sep 21, 2015
Ochiske:

Yop. That's what I'm doing right now now. At Aptech Calabar. our final year students are leaving this september. What they teach is better than NIgerian Universities.

Please pardon my naivety and ignorance. What exactly are you guys taught? I am more than certain you are not taught Computer science. Information Technology is only a subset of CS, so how can you possibly know more than someone with a degree in CS?

2 Likes

Re: Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? by Ochiske(m): 11:05am On Sep 21, 2015
Javanian:

Please pardon my naivety and ignorance. What exactly are you guys taught? I am more than certain you are not taught Computer science. Information Technology is only a subset of CS, so how can you possibly know more than someone with a degree in CS?

what is your definition of computer science?
A computer scientist should be able to write codes, programs, develop softwares, etc.
I'm yet to see a Nigerian university that teaches all that.

1 Like

Re: Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? by Javanian: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2015
Ochiske:

what is your definition of computer science?

From Wikipedia, Computer science is the scientific and practical approach to computation and its
applications. It is the systematic study of the feasibility, structure, expression, and mechanization of the methodical procedures (or algorithms) that underlie the acquisition, representation, processing, storage, communication of, and access to information.

A computer scientist should be able to write codes, programs, develop softwares, etc.

Yeah, these are just few of the many things a Computer scientist should be able to do. But it doesn't end there. Computer science is a very vast and very theorotical field. Do you do courses like Operation research, Design and analysis of Data Structure and Algorithms, Formal langauge and Automata, Discrete mathematics, Linear algebra, Calculus, Probability theory, Compiler Design, HCI, Artificial Intelligience, System analysis and design, Network and Graph Theory and so on? These are the bedrocks of CS.

I'm yet to see a Nigerian university that teaches all that.

How many Nigerian Universities have you been to? Which of them don't teach these things?

4 Likes

Re: Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? by Raypawer(m): 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
So you know all these or how many computer science graduates from Nigerian Universities can even Code ? not to mention all these angry

Javanian:

computation and its
applications. It is the systematic study of the feasibility, structure, expression, and mechanization of the methodical procedures (or algorithms) that underlie the acquisition, representation, processing, storage, communication of, and access to information.

Yeah, these are just few of the many things a Computer scientist should be able to do. But it doesn't end there. Computer science is a very vast and very theorotical field. Do you do courses like Operation research, Design and analysis of Data Structure and Algorithms, Formal langauge and Automata, Discrete mathematics, Linear algebra, Calculus, Probability theory, Compiler Design, HCI, Artificial Intelligience, System analysis and design, Network and Graph Theory and so on? These are the bedrocks of CS.

but i just started my journey @ Aptech, pcguru1 can say more...

cc: pcguru1

1 Like

Re: Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? by Javanian: 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2015
Raypawer:
So you know all these or how many computer science graduates from Nigerian Universities can even Code ? not to mention all these angry

"All these" are essential parts of a CS syllabus of any university. I know a lot of CS graduates and undergraduates from Nigierian universites that can code. Don't be complacent about your academics. Don't settle. If you can afford to pay over a million naira for a Diploma, I don't see what stops you from attending a good public or private University home or abroad and getting a proper degree. The rigors you pass through in getting a CS degree doesn't just make you a programmer, It also makes you a scientist. Endeavour to get a CS degree if you can. There is no reason you should settle. Your cynicism would do you no good.

1 Like

Re: Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? by Raypawer(m): 6:27pm On Sep 22, 2015
Good, why i am irritated about the Nigerian Computer Science students is more than personal my brother, apart from those cs students who decided to learn coding their self, 100% of em who depend on their school curriculum never know any thing. Am telling you from personal experience, at my aptech center some if not most are graduates, and eventually want to learn more they switch to Aptech, still on the same ADSE course. some might not want to do the complete ADSE they fall back to just the Diploma course.

BTW am not going there for just diploma, its a degree course... i think previous post on this thread will help your understanding about ADSE!

Javanian:

"All these" are essential parts of a CS syllabus of any university. I know a lot of CS graduates and undergraduates from Nigierian universites that can code. Don't be complacent about your academics. Don't settle. If you can afford to pay over a million naira for a Diploma, I don't see what stops you from attending a good public or private University home or abroad and getting a proper degree. The rigors you pass through in getting a CS degree doesn't just make you a programmer, It also makes you a scientist. Your cynicism would do you no good.

i dont know what you mean by CS degree but this Link will Help you
http://www.mdx.ac.uk/about-us/academic-partnerships/our-current-partners/aptech-partnership
Endeavour to get a CS degree if you can. There is no reason you should settle.
Re: Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? by Javanian: 9:10pm On Sep 22, 2015
Raypawer:

i dont know what you mean by CS degree but this Link will Help you

From the link you posted, all the ADSE can offer you is a degree in Infromation Technology which is just a subset of CS. I expatiated on this in my penultimate post. There is no reason you should go for a degree in info tech, when you can spend similar amount of money and get a degree in CS.
Re: Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 23, 2015
Javanian is 100% right, Aptech cant teach you Computer Science only a few subset which is why I do a coursera for what Javanian wrote. I will be honest a CS degree is way better. Writing code is not everything writing efficient code is. As far as am concerned I didn't learn anything I didn't already know from Aptech just did it for the certificate. Already started working as a programmer while doing Aptech so really if u ask me right now where tutorials are available and freely obtainable everywhere. I think Aptech is a waste of time and money but that's my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? by Javanian: 6:41am On Sep 23, 2015
pcguru1:
Javanian is 100% right, Aptech cant teach you Computer Science only a few subset which is why I do a coursera for what Javanian wrote. I will be honest a CS degree is way better. Writing code is not everything writing efficient code is. As far as am concerned I didn't learn anything I didn't already know from Aptech just did it for the certificate. Already started working as a programmer while doing Aptech so really if u ask me right now where tutorials are available and freely obtainable everywhere. I think Aptech is a waste of time and money but that's my opinion.

Et voilĂ . Merci beaucoup.
Re: Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? by Raypawer(m): 10:11am On Sep 23, 2015
Lol... sad you cant be a jack of all trade, Master of Non. even the cs students will opt for one area of specialization.

Javanian:

From the link you posted, all the ADSE can offer you is a degree in Infromation Technology which is just a subset of CS. I expatiated on this in my penultimate post. There is no reason you should go for a degree in info tech, when you can spend similar amount of money and get a degree in CS.
Re: Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? by Javanian: 10:20am On Sep 23, 2015
Raypawer:
Lol... sad you cant be a jack of all trade, Master of Non. even the cs students will opt for one area of specialization.

Well, I have made my point. The decision is yours to make.

1 Like

Re: Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? by nihinlade(m): 1:15am On Jul 14, 2016
Nihtem Solutions is a web design company in Nigeria. At Nihtem Solutions we give the best of web design and software development services.
web design Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Javathon Group : A Place Where Java And Python Developers Coexist / Must Everybody Go Into Tech Or Learn Coding? / Whatsapp Group For C++ Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.