Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,687 members, 7,823,935 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless (9567 Views)

See What The Conjoined Twins Dr Ben Carson Separated In 1987 Look Like Now / Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones / Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by tolaxin(m): 2:43pm On Sep 15, 2015
Krystalzkris:
we were all born atheists until our parents and society fed us with crap... If u think there is a god who has predestined everything then why do u look twice before crossing the road?
because God has given you the brain. It is left to you to cross while the trailer is coming or wait and let it pass
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2015
9jacrip:

I related his thoughts to religion not to atheism nor God.

I have always wondered why folks here take Islam and Christianity so serious that they trample on ATR.

As a result, I wonder if they've ever thought to themselves that they are Christians or Muslims because they were born and programmed by their parents and their immediate environment to tow a path.

My agreement with him has nothing to do with the topic at hand (God/Atheism).

I guess I should have kept the co-signing off the thread.

I hope you understand my explanation.

You have make matter clearer.

I think I understand you now
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by CaptainJune: 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
kevoh:

Actually, all babies are born atheists, a clean slate, right before they are indoctrinated by their muslim/christian/ATR parents.
Just to set the record straight!

Very wrong! Babies are neither theists nor atheists nor in between. Babies do not possess any consciousness of self because all they do is born out of reflex at that stage let alone possess any "knowledge" of facts or beliefs gained by learning or observation to which they apply the power of their minds to either accept or reject.

They are not even on any neutral ground because if one is said to be on a neutral ground, it is believed such a person is fully or partially aware of the facts but refuses to take sides in which case he takes a neutral stand on the issue.

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by CaptainJune: 3:02pm On Sep 15, 2015
What do atheists even understand by the word 'predestination' to make them erroneously suppose that all actions of mankind have been programmed so as to render any use of the reasoning faculties needless?

No matter how many times you bring them out of that pit, they always willfully fall back into their error of thinking. This brings to mind an important question. Do they love being blind and ignorant?
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by keenn: 3:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
CaptainJune:

Very wrong! Babies are neither theists nor atheists nor in between. Babies do not possess any consciousness of self because all they do is born out of reflex at that stage let alone possess any "knowledge" of facts or beliefs gained by learning or observation to which they apply the power of their minds to either accept or reject.

They are not even on any neutral ground because if one is said to be on a neutral ground, it is believed such a person is fully or partially aware of the facts but refuses to take sides in which case he takes a neutral stand on the issue.

And from a clean slate(tabular razor) comes indoctrination. Is it not better for a new born baby as he grows choose without external influence/without aforementioned believe system what system or god he/she should worship...after all, apostle paul had a personal encounter.

Is it not better for such child giving us detail account of what God his and how he should be worshiped, for crying out loud this child is coming from God as the holy books would put it, thus no need for introduction to a god

1 Like

Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by macof(m): 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2015
And why does Ben Carson think Atheist are convinced Humans came from monkeys? Or is it just that particular man?
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
Okk
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2015
9jacrip:

Beeeht....9jacrip i thought you're an ifa pantheist?
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Beeeht....9jacrip i thought you're an ifa pantheist?

Yoruba pantheist, yes.

If you go through my discussion you'll understand my co-signing.
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
9jacrip:

Yoruba pantheist, yes.

If you go through my discussion you'll understand my co-signing.

But you co-signing it negates your belief that there is olodumare
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

But you co-signing it negates your belief that there is olodumare

My co-signing is not on the premise of God's existence. It borders on the attachment of Africans to foreign religions as though they came with a religious leaning from womb.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
9jacrip:

My co-signing is not on the premise of God's existence. It borders on the attachment of Africans to foreign religions as though they came with a religious leaning from womb.

Ooookay!

1 Like

Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by CaptainJune: 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
keenn:

And from a clean slate(tabular razor) comes indoctrination. Is it not better for a new born baby as he grows choose without external influence/without aforementioned believe system what system or god he/she should worship...after all, apostle paul had a personal encounter.

Indoctrination or absorption of family values and belief system is a passive form of education a child receives until the child is old enough to choose his or her path, good or bad, right or wrong. That is the way life works and you will agree with me if you are realistic about your opinions. Moreover, The Apostle Paul whom you cited was, very possibly as was the culture, taught the Jewish religion by his parents in his formative years which may have contributed to his zeal as a Pharisee in his adult age and which eventually led to his persecuting the church until he had an encounter with Christ.

Is it not better for such child giving us detail account of what God his and how he should be worshiped, for crying out loud this child is coming from God as the holy books would put it, thus no need for introduction to a god

The child comes from God but it is hampered by physical limitations such as its undeveloped infant brain, zero level of understanding and awareness, inability to form articulate speech, etc. Seeing all these limitations, how would you expect the child to tell you who God is and how He should be worshiped when, probably four or five years later, the only thing it knows and can recall is what it has been exposed to on earth? In other words, the child begins with only a clean slate. How do you expect any writing from a clean slate? Is that realistic?
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by winner01(m): 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

And who told you that 'B' was debunked without any shroud of evidence? What other evidence do you want for the existence of the Creator?

With my limited knowledge and my physical senses I have the evidence of God's existence. When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I couldn't want a better evidence that there was a builder than to have the building in front of me. I don't even need faith to know that there was a builder. All I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

The same principle applies to the existence of God. When I look at creation, how can I know that there was a Creator? Creation reveals to me that there is a Creator. I couldn't want a better evidence that there is a Creator than to have the creation in front of me. I don't need faith to believe in a Creator, all I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

But if I want the builder to do something for me, then I need to have faith in the builder.

"Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

If you need to know God on an intimate level you need faith based on His Word and World. QED. Simples. wink
Now this reply is just epic, Nice one Bro. Sadly many of them will eventually go back to God but would have led many astray.
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by keenn: 8:16am On Sep 16, 2015
CaptainJune:

Indoctrination or absorption of family values and belief system is a passive form of education a child receives until the child is old enough to choose his or her path, good or bad, right or wrong. That is the way life works and you will agree with me if you are realistic about your opinions. Moreover, The Apostle Paul whom you cited was, very possibly as was the culture, taught the Jewish religion by his parents in his formative years which may have contributed to his zeal as a Pharisee in his adult age and which eventually led to his persecuting the church until he had an encounter with Christ.

The child comes from God but it is hampered by physical limitations such as its undeveloped infant brain, zero level of understanding and awareness, inability to form articulate speech, etc. Seeing all these limitations, how would you expect the child to tell you who God is and how He should be worshiped when, probably four or five years later, the only thing it knows and can recall is what it has been exposed to on earth? In other words, the child begins with only a clean slate. How do you expect any writing from a clean slate? Is that realistic?

After a tabular-razer of a child has been encrypted and stained with indoctrination of religions, u now say he can now choose! Lol

Let's make an analogy here. If a child has been feed all his life with four type of meals, let's say rice, debris, cow dung and spaghetti, he is then allowed to choose with faith what he thinks is the best meal someone could ever have, it is understandable he 'll pick one out of those four meals given to him...that is indoctrination. U know better that some of the item on menu aint food at all.

Are u really joking, a child coming from God is hampered by physical limitation!!!
What about the talking donkey?
What about elija/elisha outrunning a horse?
What about the floating of an ax?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by CaptainJune: 8:33am On Sep 16, 2015
keenn:

After a tabular-razer of a child has been encrypted and stained with indoctrination of religions, u now say he can now choose! Lol

Let's make an analogy here. If a child has been feed all his life with four type of meals, let's say rice, debris, cow dung and spaghetti, he is then allowed to choose with faith what he thinks is the best meal someone could ever have, it is understandable he 'll pick one out of those four meals given to him...that is indoctrination. U know better that some of the item on menu aint food at all.

Are u really joking, a child coming from God is hampered by physical limitation!!!

You are confused, very CONFUSED. An expression of disjointed thinking.

This is not even the topic of discussion.
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by Seun(m): 8:34am On Sep 16, 2015
joseph1832:
The same Ben Carson who said slavery was the greatest thing to have ever happened to the black man?

Men I must say Ben Carson does remind me of Uncle Ruckus no relation in the Boondocks.
Provide a proper source. The part about hanging on trees doesnt sound like something any black American would say. Ever.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by joseph1832(m): 8:44am On Sep 16, 2015
Seun:
Provide a proper source. The part about hanging on trees doesnt sound like something any black American would say. Ever.
By 'proper' you mean a link?.
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:02am On Sep 16, 2015
Seun:

We didn't hear the atheist's side of the story. Also, no scientist believes we came from a monkey as Carson said. And it's not ridiculous anyway.

That was the end of the conversation as Ben Carson's response was a mouth stopper. Ben Carson didn't need to mention the technical jargon such as "apelike creatures" to pass his message through.

Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 16, 2015
joseph1832:
The same Ben Carson who said slavery was the greatest thing to have ever happened to the black man?

Men I must say Ben Carson does remind me of Uncle Ruckus no relation in the Boondocks.

Refuted here.....http://m.snopes.com/ben-carson-slavery/
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 16, 2015
keenn:

What do you expect? A child conceived in sin must be affected by it as he/she come of age. The original sin is in our DNA that's why we need saving in the first place.

Psalm 51:5-6

Indeed, I was guilty when I was born; I was sinful when my mother conceived me. Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

^^^

Man was created with godly nature but we acquired our sinful part through disobedience (Original sin - Which was obviously adultery between Mother Eve and the serpent, producing Cain - meaning "acquired" ) ; which is why both sin and godliness runs in our DNA! That was why the blood of a righteous man (Jesus Christ) became neccessary to cleanse us that we may become adopted children of God.

God would have easily wiped out humanity and start over but doing so would have appeared as if God's purpose for humanity was ruined by Satan, which would have further justified Satan's rebellion against Him (God)!

So, you see? the mystery of iniquity is actually adultery; it completely altered our godliness, because the descendants of Cain ended up mixing up with the rest of humanity (Seth's descendants - which were godly children), read Genesis 6)

This was what Mother Eve actually did ;

Proverbs 30:20

Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.

^^^

She ate with the mouth down there and wiped it clean...then went home and taught her husband (Adam); and when they were done doing it, they covered IT with the leaves of a fig tree grin that's the mystery of the whole thing!

The serpent was originally a creature that was closely related to man in physical looks and DNA make up until it was cursed.
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by joseph1832(m): 10:10am On Sep 16, 2015
bushdoc9919:

bushdoc9919:

Who refuted it? Mr Carson? Because the link doesn't say anything about Mr Carson refuting it.

www.coolrocketry.com/slavery-best-thing-happened-blacks-ben-carson/

1 Like

Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 16, 2015
joseph1832:
Who refuted it? Mr Carson? Because the link doesn't say anything about Mr Carson refuting it.

www.coolrocketry.com/slavery-best-thing-happened-blacks-ben-carson/

He never said it....

Snopes is a reputable site....and has been around long before Carson thought of being president.

And from the site you linked to....

But some sources said that these words not delivered by Dr. Ben Carson. Basically ‘Fox News the FB Page’ is considered as parody group and it is not connected with Fox News Channel, but it only share some changed formats of current news and stories, and sometimes totally fictional contents. Some of the early posts updated by this group include a screenshot of fake news that Donald Trump offering to pay legal fees for the killer of the lion ’Cecil’ and NASCAR is changing their flag with a rainbow version.

Proving my point.
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by keenn: 11:03am On Sep 16, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

What do you expect? A child conceived in sin must be affected by it as he/she come of age. The original sin is in our DNA that's why we need saving in the first place.

Psalm 51:5-6

Indeed, I was guilty when I was born; I was sinful when my mother conceived me. Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

^^^

Man was created with godly nature but we acquired our sinful part through disobedience (Original sin - Which was obviously adultery between Mother Eve and the serpent, producing Cain - meaning "acquired" ) ; which is why both sin and godliness runs in our DNA! That was why the blood of a righteous man (Jesus Christ) became neccessary to cleanse us that we may become adopted children of God.

God would have easily wiped out humanity and start over but doing so would have appeared as if God's purpose for humanity was ruined by Satan, which would have further justified Satan's rebellion against Him (God)!

So, you see? the mystery of iniquity is actually adultery; it completely altered our godliness, because the descendants of Cain ended up mixing up with the rest of humanity (Seth's descendants - which were godly children), read Genesis 6)

This was what Mother Eve actually did ;

Proverbs 30:20

Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.

^^^

She ate with the mouth down there and wiped it clean...then went home and taught her husband (Adam); and when they were done doing it, they covered IT with the leaves of a fig tree grin that's the mystery of the whole thing!

The serpent was originally a creature that was closely related to man in physical looks and DNA make up until it was cursed.

A neighbor was owing his landlord house rent, this my very neighbor lost his wife last year due to childbirth, leaving him to cater for his son alone.

Unfortunately, my neighbor died early this year of car accident. Guess what the landlord did, he held the one year old son and wount let go because his dad owed him some rent.

I leave u to judge the landlord.
..which begs the question, y should I b born with sin? Who did I offend as a neonate

The human DNA is a double helix structure that are intertwined and jointed by hydrogen bonds, with each strands made of repeating nucleotides, which are in turn made of deoxyribose sugar, phospate and nitrogenous bases...I didn't see where sin is part of the DNA anatomy

U would probably argue that am myopic with my DNA explanation, but hay! U mentioned DNA

1 Like

Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by joseph1832(m): 11:25am On Sep 16, 2015
bushdoc9919:

He never said it....

Snopes is a reputable site....and has been around long before Carson thought of being president.

And from the site you linked to....

Proving my point.
Well he should have come out and spit it, I guess later people will be saying he never said what he said about Obamacare.
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2015
keenn:

A neighbor was owing his landlord house rent, this my very neighbor lost his wife last year due to childbirth, leaving him to cater for his son alone.

Unfortunately, my neighbor died early this year of car accident. Guess what the landlord did, he held the one year old son and wount let go because his dad owed him some rent.

I leave u to judge the landlord.
..which begs the question, y should I b born with sin? Who did I offend as a neonate

The human DNA is a double helix structure that are intertwined and jointed by hydrogen bonds, with each strands made of repeating nucleotides, which are in turn made of deoxyribose sugar, phospate and nitrogenous bases...I didn't see where sin is part of the DNA anatomy

U would probably argue that am myopic with my DNA explanation, but hay! U mentioned DNA

DNA was my own personal explanation to a spiritual layman like you grin I hope you get my point? But it is what it is....All human children are conceived and born in the original sin committed by Mother Eve in the garden of Eden. That's why we need Jesus the righteous for salvation; there is no other way!
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
kevoh:

Actually, all babies are born atheists, a clean slate, right before they are indoctrinated by their muslim/christian/ATR parents.

Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings the Lord has perfect praise. cheesy

A young woman teacher with obvious liberal tendencies explains to her class of small children that she is an atheist.  She asks her class if they are atheists too.  Not really knowing what atheism is but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands shoot into the air.  There is, however, one exception.  A beautiful girl named Lucy has not gone along with the crowd.  The teacher asks why she has decided to be different.

"Because I'm not an atheist."

"So,"

asks the teacher,

"what are you?"

"A Christian"

The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red.  She asks Lucy why she thinks she is a Christian.

"Well, I was brought up knowing and loving Jesus.  My mum is a Christian and, my dad is a Christian, I also accepted Christ as my personal Lord and Saviour and I know I'm a Christian."

The teacher is visibly angry now.

"That's no reason,"

she says loudly,

"What if your mum had been a mo-ron and, your dad had been a mo-ron.  What would that make you then?"

After a pause, and a smile.

"Then,"

says Lucy,

"that would make me an atheist."    cool       

-- J. John and Mark Stibbe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
OLAADEGBU:
An atheist calls Ben a 'slowpoke' and before he knew what was happening Ben Carson carpeted him with this response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfYiuooDDzU

http://buzzpo.com/atheist-calls-dr-ben-carson-a-slowpoke-carsons-response-is-priceless/

The videoclip below is where Ben Carson is to have made the statement that took the atheists by surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIHxWLAP4GI
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:01am On Sep 23, 2015
winner01:

Now this reply is just epic, Nice one Bro. [b]Sadly many of them will eventually go back to God but would have led many astray.

That is the irony of life. undecided
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:06pm On Sep 24, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPqq6fr2CF4

Here's the full videoclip where Ben Carson talks about his response to the atheists.
Re: Atheist Calls Dr. Ben Carson A 'slowpoke', Carson's Response Is Priceless by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

An atheist calls Ben a 'slowpoke' and before he knew what was happening Ben Carson carpeted him with this response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfYiuooDDzU

http://buzzpo.com/atheist-calls-dr-ben-carson-a-slowpoke-carsons-response-is-priceless/

Bumped. cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Director Of Budget Caught On Camera Having Sex With Her Driver(video) / Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader / Terrifying Photos Reveals What's Really Happening In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.