Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,735 members, 7,851,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:33 PM

Shocker: ICPC Clears Lawmaker, Says Forgery Is Petty Offence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocker: ICPC Clears Lawmaker, Says Forgery Is Petty Offence (891 Views)

Senate Rule Forgery Is A Figment Of Imagination Of APC-Senator Nwaoboshi / Bukola Saraki Was Petty Thief As Of 1990 - Sahara Reporters(photos) / Jonathan Is Petty, Presidency Full Of Liars - El-rufai. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocker: ICPC Clears Lawmaker, Says Forgery Is Petty Offence by asha80(m): 7:47pm On Apr 06, 2009
Shocker: ICPC Clears Lawmaker, Says Forgery is Petty Offence
Monday, 06 April 2009 10:28 Citizen Reports E-mail | Print | PDF http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2290:shocker-icpc-clears-lawmaker-says-forgery-is-petty-offence&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18
For those who are familiar with the case of Ibrahim Yushau Kanya, the federal lawmaker representing Babura/Garki federal constituency and indeed all honest patriotic Nigerians, these are very sad times.

The Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) which has been handling the case of certificate forgery involving the MP has finally hands off the case.

The commission has cleared Kanya of any criminal offence saying though the allegations of certificate forgery are correct, there is no need disturbing the lawmaker because the offence is not a very serious one.

Sources in the commission say the ICPC has warned “trouble makers” from Babura and Garki to stop disturbing themselves. “After all this gentleman (Kanya) only forged certificates. What is the big deal there? There are people stealing billions and getting away with it. Why are they making trouble because somebody just tried to improve himself, We are no longer worrying ourselves over the matter. Not even the President can resurrect he case”, the source told some elders from Garki who visited ICPC last week. angry

According to the source, the ICPC is interested is settling all cases amicably. In this case, the argument is that Kanya has almost finished his tenure. “Why should the ICPC spoil his opportunity simply because he was not the one that wrote his WAEC?”

The ICPC official then told the elders to stop disturbing themselves as the commission is not going to border the MP. He said there is so much pressure from the Presidency, the PDP and Jigawa state to give the MP a clean bill of health.

This declaration confirmed our earlier accusations that the ICPC is under pressure not to do anything about Kanya’s forgery case. It also confirms the fact that the lawmaker knew what he was doing when he rolled the drums into Babura to celebrate his freedom early this year.

Now, we have been cheated in our constituency and ICPC is rubbing the cheating into our face. Corruption and dishonesty at their worst is being visited upon us with impunity. If you visit the National Assembly website today, you will see that Ibrahim Kanya’s qualification is Diploma in Public Admin. He used another person’s WAEC results to obtain the diploma. He is a dishonorable man in the assembly and the ICPC says it does not matter
Re: Shocker: ICPC Clears Lawmaker, Says Forgery Is Petty Offence by Pataki: 9:12pm On Apr 06, 2009
I cannot believe, I developed a slight headache after reading this article. If this article is totally true and credible, then, we have serious issues in Nigeria.

Forgery is a ''petty'' offence?? When ordinarily Nigerians who carry forged documents to the British Embassy in Lagos are given a ten (10) years ban from applying for a British visa.

Our lawmakers and enforcers have decided to secure their own selfishness with this declaration.

Everyday is for the thief. . . . . . but surely, the day of reckoning will come!
Re: Shocker: ICPC Clears Lawmaker, Says Forgery Is Petty Offence by mustafar1: 9:18pm On Apr 06, 2009
thats what happens when retards have the responsibility of investigating stuff like this. i guess they got their certificates forged as well to get to where they are at the ICPC.
Re: Shocker: ICPC Clears Lawmaker, Says Forgery Is Petty Offence by MrCrackles(m): 9:20pm On Apr 06, 2009
I am sick as a dog! embarassed angry
Re: Shocker: ICPC Clears Lawmaker, Says Forgery Is Petty Offence by asha80(m): 9:23pm On Apr 06, 2009
Naija na circus show angry
Re: Shocker: ICPC Clears Lawmaker, Says Forgery Is Petty Offence by mustafar1: 9:26pm On Apr 06, 2009
asha 80:

Naija na circus show angry

yes o, WE get to watch it on basic tv these day sef. its no longer the on-demand, pay-per-view kinda sturves.
Re: Shocker: ICPC Clears Lawmaker, Says Forgery Is Petty Offence by dominique(f): 9:35pm On Apr 06, 2009
apparently laws are not applicable to such "dignitaries". i can imagine what the case would have been if it was a common man.
Re: Shocker: ICPC Clears Lawmaker, Says Forgery Is Petty Offence by PeeDaVinci: 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2009
pple are gettin expelled from universities in their thousands after spending 6 , 7 years due to the fact that it was alleged they forged their WAEC certificate and this is wat these ppple called a minor offence!!!!

very soon , forgeery will be legalized in nigeria!!!
Re: Shocker: ICPC Clears Lawmaker, Says Forgery Is Petty Offence by jamace(m): 8:17am On Apr 07, 2009
apparently laws are not applicable to such "dignitaries". i can imagine what the case would have been if it was a common man.

Common man commit that offence? Na 21 years in prison without option of fine.
It is really sad that it has become a crime to be a common man in Nigeria. angry sad cry
Re: Shocker: ICPC Clears Lawmaker, Says Forgery Is Petty Offence by ElRazur: 8:59am On Apr 07, 2009
A classical case of "One rule for us, a different one for them", "Above the law" etc.

When will our people wake up and grab things by the horn?
Re: Shocker: ICPC Clears Lawmaker, Says Forgery Is Petty Offence by elowa: 10:16am On Apr 07, 2009
If we continue to have such people as leaders, then Nigeria will never be a better place
Re: Shocker: ICPC Clears Lawmaker, Says Forgery Is Petty Offence by desgiezd(m): 10:30am On Apr 07, 2009
I have lived all my life in this country, not even a minute of it outside of our shores, yet the country would not cease to amaze me by the day. What should we expect when the ICPC whose duty it is to prosecute people who engage in this sort of rubbish now turn themselves to a court of law and now dispense justice as to which offence is petty requiring no punishment and what offence is major requiring full weight of the law.

Was it not the case of certificate forgery that made Salisu Buhari, the first speaker of the House of Rep, loose his position in 1999?

This country is becoming a huge joke!!
Re: Shocker: ICPC Clears Lawmaker, Says Forgery Is Petty Offence by blacksta(m): 10:49am On Apr 07, 2009
where is I_laugh - i await your comment on this urgent matter
Re: Shocker: ICPC Clears Lawmaker, Says Forgery Is Petty Offence by Pataki: 11:01am On Apr 07, 2009
blacksta:

where is I_laugh - i await your comment on this urgent matter
Why are you looking for the brainless amongst the intellectuals?

Why are you seeking for the dead amongst the living?

Why? Why?? Why

(1) (Reply)

Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North / And Commander K.Aweh Died Needlessly / Police Say Niger Delta Militants Arrested In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.