Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Never Judge A Book By The Cover - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Never Judge A Book By The Cover (980 Views)

"My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge / Nigerian Judge Celebrates His Divorce In Benue (Photos) / My Husband Maltreats And Subjects Me To Vaginal Test: Wife Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Judge A Book By The Cover by Merlissa(f): 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
Growing up as a child, my dad always said “Merl, never judge a book by its cover”. I never understood what he meant until I grew up and started experiencing life that I understood the meaning of “never judge a book by its cover”. I have met a lot of people and whenever they share their stories I always thank God for where I am today and I must tell you I have learnt a lot from them and I want to share two stories that touch my heart and I hope we can learn from it. Not everyone was born with a silver spoon and not everyone born with silver spoon makes it in life. These two people have taught me to be humble and also be opened to people.

There is this particular bus I enter to work the driver (a young chap) and I have become good friends, we are so close that he calls me every morning to tell me his waiting for me and I have my reserved seat in the front too (that’s what I call customer service… lol) Akin (his name) has been through a lot and I must say, he has made the most and his happy with how far he has accomplished. The first day I entered his bus, it was his dressing that caught my attention, unlike most bus drivers that dress like touts, Akin dresses smart and when he speaks one would know his educated and his very respectful but people don’t appreciate his good gestures. One day during our usual conversation (we have become good friends and we talk a lot) he now opened up to me. Akin is not only a BSc holder, his also a Masters Degree holder (me I still dey save to for masters). I didn’t believe when he told me, until he brought out his certificate (which he carries about…

continues here: https://merlscorner./2015/09/11/dont-judge-a-book-by-its-cover/

Re: Never Judge A Book By The Cover by thorpido(m): 4:04pm On Sep 11, 2015
Hmmm,Akin don marry?
If he has not,don't judge a book by it's cover.
Re: Never Judge A Book By The Cover by nnamdibig(m): 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
thorpido:
Hmmm,Akin don marry? If he has not,don't judge a book by it's cover.
Re: Never Judge A Book By The Cover by NifemiOlu(m): 7:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
I will judge a maths textbook by its cover. LoL.
Re: Never Judge A Book By The Cover by gidjah(m): 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
Straight up Merlyissa,life is actually filled with mysteris my dear,it has taught me lots of lessons.my friend over here has like 3post graduate and masters,he use to be my far senior by far way back in sec sch.Do you know he teaches in a sch where his pay aint up to 30k till date!!.most of our motor drivers here are graduates with second degrees!,wetin man go do with life??
Re: Never Judge A Book By The Cover by Merlissa(f): 4:03am On Sep 12, 2015
gidjah:
Straight up Merlyissa,life is actually filled with mysteris my dear,it has taught me lots of lessons.my friend over here has like 3post graduate and masters,he use to be my far senior by far way back in sec sch.Do you know he teaches in a sch where his pay aint up to 30k till date!!.most of our motor drivers here are graduates with second degrees!,wetin man go do with life??

Your right oooo..
Re: Never Judge A Book By The Cover by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 12, 2015
Merlissa:
Growing up as a child, my dad always said “Merl, never judge a book by its cover”. I never understood what he meant until I grew up and started experiencing life that I understood the meaning of “never judge a book by its cover”. I have met a lot of people and whenever they share their stories I always thank God for where I am today and I must tell you I have learnt a lot from them and I want to share two stories that touch my heart and I hope we can learn from it. Not everyone was born with a silver spoon and not everyone born with silver spoon makes it in life. These two people have taught me to be humble and also be opened to people.

There is this particular bus I enter to work the driver (a young chap) and I have become good friends, we are so close that he calls me every morning to tell me his waiting for me and I have my reserved seat in the front too (that’s what I call customer service… lol) Akin (his name) has been through a lot and I must say, he has made the most and his happy with how far he has accomplished. The first day I entered his bus, it was his dressing that caught my attention,unlike most bus drivers that dress like touts, Akin dresses smart and when he speaks one would know his educated and his very respectful but people don’t appreciate his good gestures. One day during our usual conversation (we have become good friends and we talk a lot) he now opened up to me. Akin is not only a BSc holder, his also a Masters Degree holder (me I still dey save to for masters). I didn’t believe when he told me, until he brought out his certificate (which he carries about…

continues here: https://merlscorner./2015/09/11/dont-judge-a-book-by-its-cover/

To mention the way he dresses on a thread with the title "Never judge a book by its cover." is illogical.
Was it not the way he dresses that caught your attention? Did you not judge him (even if positively) by the way he looks then, by his COVER?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Bride Price And Dignity, An Eye Opener. / Who Is The Real Animal? / 10 Reasons You Should Never Throw Away Those Silica Gel Packets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.