Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. (36507 Views)

Baby crawls out of the house to the highway while parents were fast asleep / 8 Things Guys Above 30yrs Do That Show They Are Still Mummy's Boy / Do We Still Feed Our Babies This Way??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by chommyAngela: 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
pls mummies, which food are u giving ur baby that u love very well? Mayb because of how it makes ur baby grow, fat, tall etc pls if s cereal or you process the food by urself dont forget to include the name and how u did the process. example: when you say cereal u tell us if is golden morn,gerber,Nutrilon etc. Cheers!
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by derrick333(m): 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
Is de any baby FUD beta Dan breast?? Evn adult still fight to gt a share

2 Likes

Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by chommyAngela: 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
derrick333:
Is de any baby FUD beta Dan breast?? Evn adult still fight to gt a share
lol....but u cant gv ur baby Breast milk forever naaaa. At least after 6months a baby needs food even a doctor will tel dat.
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by dhavel: 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
chommyAngela:
pls mummies, which food are u giving ur baby that u love very well? Mayb because of how it makes ur baby grow, fat, tall etc pls if s cereal or you process the food by urself dont forget to include the name and how u did the process. example: when you say cereal u tell us if is golden morn,gerber,Nutrilon etc. Cheers!

my baby started with SMAGOLD from 2month old till she was 1yr/3months then i change to HEINZ baby food and rusk RUSK BISCUIT till she was 2years old.
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by derrick333(m): 7:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
chommyAngela:
lol....but u cant gv ur baby Breast milk forever naaaa. At least after 6months a baby needs food even a doctor will tel dat.
cool.jus kiddin tho , Lemme ask my wife
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by chommyAngela: 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2015
dhavel:

my baby started with SMAGOLD from 2month old till she was 1yr/3months then i change to HEINZ baby food and rusk RUSK BISCUIT till she was 2years old.
rusk biscuit, is it a food or just biscuit??
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
Sma Gold from 0 -6 months,Sma progress from 6 months to 1 yrs,foreign cerelac with different flavours,From 2 years kellogs cornflakes,Rice etc.For local food above 1yrs, Peak 123 or complan milk,prepare Dawa dn add corn and Joro. Ground all and sieve it. Dn give egg yolk daily,mashed beans and fish,moi moi,rice,yam but all will be soft.Friso gold rice and wheat.Peanut butter. Etc

2 Likes

Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by chommyAngela: 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
Cece23:
Sma Gold from 0 -6 months,Sma progress from 6 months to 1 yrs,foreign cerelac with different flavours,From 2 years kellogs cornflakes,Rice etc.For local food above 1yrs, prepare Dawa dn add corn and Joro.ground all and sieve it.Dn give egg yolk daily,mashed beans and fish,moi moi,rice,yam but all will be soft.Peanut butter. Etc
i love this...

3 Likes

Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by Poheto281985: 10:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
Are U Sure Of Dat
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by chommyAngela: 5:47am On Sep 12, 2015
Poheto281985:
Are U Sure Of Dat
why did u ask??
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 12, 2015
Poheto281985:
Are U Sure Of Dat

U are free to give ur own suggestions.I Have like five healthy kids and I know I am experienced. tongue.Lets hear ur own suggestions please.
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by julie89(f): 6:38am On Sep 12, 2015
Frisco rice cereal,mashed irish potato with egg,egg yolk,okro and semovita,moimoi,pap with milk and soyabeans,nan milk etc

1 Like

Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by dfrost: 8:46am On Sep 12, 2015
chommyAngela:
pls mummies, which food are u giving ur baby that u love very well?

Dear chommyAngela, so it is only mothers that know the right food? What of men that have lost their wives when the baby was just some days old? So the man will be looking at the baby without providing food abi? What of men that have the interests of their wives and will go to any length to research on the best form of nutrition? In as much as I give kudos to women/mothers, there are men out there that work their asses out to assist their spouse. Haba, you folks should give men some credit na. Na wa oooo. God dey sha... cry

In between my ranting, Mother's Delight cereal is quite good as Heinz (dhavel mentioned Heinz). The only difference between the two is that Heinz is packaged outside Nigeria, while Mother's Delight is packaged in Nigeria. Heinz and Mother's Delight are manufactured by the same company. Then for formula after six months (for mothers that prefer full exclusive) or within the six months and subsequently, Aptamil and Enfamil are two of the best formulas, albeit quite expensive.

Mixture of grains can also help them out. The problem with some mothers (fathers inclusive) is that they believe if the baby food is expensive, it is the best. Reading up nutritional facts for foods can help. Also pay very close attention to your baby's allergy to some foods.

12 Likes

Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 12, 2015
How do i encourage my 11months baby to eat.i love ha to b a eater but she jst like breastmilk,notin else interest her.pls help
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by chommyAngela: 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
dfrost:

Dear chommyAngela, so it is only mothers that know the right food? What of men that have lost their wives when the baby was just some days old? So the man will be looking at the baby without providing food abi? What of men that have the interests of their wives and will go to any length to research on the best form of nutrition? In as much as I give kudos to women/mothers, there are men out there that work their asses out to assist their spouse. Haba, you folks should give men some credit na. Na wa oooo. God dey sha... cry

In between my ranting, Mother's Delight cereal is quite good as Heinz (dhavel mentioned Heinz). The only difference between the two is that Heinz is packaged outside Nigeria, while Mother's Delight is packaged in Nigeria. Heinz and Mother's Delight are manufactured by the same company. Then for formula after six months (for mothers that prefer full exclusive) or within the six months and subsequently, Aptamil and Enfamil are two of the best formulas, albeit quite expensive.

Mixture of grains can also help them out. The problem with some mothers (fathers inclusive) is that they believe if the baby food is expensive, it is the best. Reading up nutritional facts for foods can help. Also pay very close attention to your baby's allergy to some foods.

hmm..i no no say daddies knw baby food too oh! Dats lovely..
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by dfrost: 12:48pm On Sep 12, 2015
chommyAngela:
hmm..i no no say daddies knw baby food too oh! Dats lovely..

We know too but the daily pressures takes its toil on men up to the extent that some wives think they are neglected. Afterall the child belongs to both of them. wink cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by dfrost: 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2015
crystalgem:
How do i encourage my 11months baby to eat.i love ha to b a eater but she jst like breastmilk,notin else interest her.pls help

Please leave her alone. She is probably a late bloomer. Just make sure you watch her vitals and confirm she is okay. That's all. A time will come and you will start begging her not to eat too much. If possible you can get WellKid for her (by Vitabiotics Pharm). Very good too. It should be about 1800 to 2000 NGN. Dollar rates fluctuates commodities too fast these days. Ciao
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by chommyAngela: 12:55pm On Sep 12, 2015
dfrost:

We know too but the daily pressures takes its toil on men up to the extent that some wives think they are neglected. Afterall the child belongs to both of them. wink cheesy grin
dat na true talk..
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by LewsTherin: 2:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
Nice dfrost. Contrary to popular belief, some Nigerian dads are hands-on with their kids.

My jewel has been on heinz cereals since she started taking cereals. However it is sometimes dificult to find it in Lagos here and when I do, I tend to find only one flavour. I like your idea on mother's delight. I have never seen it tho'
Any idea where I can get it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 12, 2015
dfrost:

Please leave her alone. She is probably a late bloomer. Just make sure you watch her vitals and confirm she is okay. That's all. A time will come and you will start begging her not to eat too much. If possible you can get WellKid for her (by Vitabiotics Pharm). Very good too. It should be about 1800 to 2000 NGN. Dollar rates fluctuates commodities too fast these days. Ciao
tnx
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by dfrost: 7:54pm On Sep 12, 2015
LewsTherin:

My jewel has been on heinz cereals since she started taking cereals. However it is sometimes dificult to find it in Lagos here and when I do, I tend to find only one flavour. I like your idea on mother's delight. I have never seen it tho'

Same here. Our LO was hooked on Heinz until we couldn't find it the market. Heinz is scarce in Lagos. Turned out he's allergic to some food.

You can get the Mother's Delight in Mushin market. Sorry for replying late. Can you give me till Monday to send the exact place to get it? I'll send you a pm so we exchange contact details in order for you to remind me.
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by dfrost: 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2015
LewsTherin:
Nice dfrost. Contrary to popular belief, some Nigerian dads are hands-on with their kids.

Sorry for the late reply. Our LO was also hooked on Heinz also (Wheat & Milk), but the scarcity in the market drove me nuts that I had to start looking for alternatives. Check for the Mother's Delight in Mushin Market because even Eko doesn't have it. If you give me till Monday, I can get the exact description of the retailer's store. I sent you a pm so we can exchange contact details. Ciao!
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by masties2(f): 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
LewsTherin:

I see Heinz cereal easily at major supermarkets in Lagos. Try justrite stores they have. I tried mothers delight once and it was nice. My baby loves H&H corn and milk cereal. We also do Nutrilac banana and mixed fruit flavors. I alternate with pap and solids like semo, noodles and sweet patotoes. She also loves chewing on bread.
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by Tbaby4real(f): 7:02pm On Sep 13, 2015
This is my 8 months old baby food calendar for the day.....
Morning: cereal and breast milk
Noon : Banana and baby spinach or strawberry(any berry) and banana Apple puree or pear puree or avocado puree.
Lunch: Potatoes,carrot and salmon fish all boiled and nicely blend or Squash, carrot and meat or sweet potatoes, sweet peas and tuna fish.
Snack: Boiled carrot, bell pepper and avocado. She pickes and eat by herself.
Dinner: Pumpkin or potatoes soup.

Each food is homemade.
This is how I spend my maternity leave. Four months to go.........

Breast milk after every meal.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by wstinga(m): 9:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
Cow&/Gate. N4,800 per jar....if your baby is underweight, I would recommend it even though it is quite pricey. I can guarantee that you baby would love it. As with any infant formula, do not switch suddenly. Introduce gradually till the baby accepts it 100%.

I would recommend as a weaning formula though as I support exclusive breast feeding for at least 4 months.

1 Like

Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by smakcad(m): 10:43am On Feb 22, 2018
Hello all.

This is quite educative, we give peak 123 for our 14 months old baby. My wife has decided to stop her breast feeding. However, she takes bourvita, so i am wondering that if she takes bourvita with peak 123, why can't we just do the normal peak milk or dano milk?
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by charlie87010: 8:27am On Feb 23, 2018
Do you just start giving your baby formula or you take your baby to the PD to prescribe suitable one. How does it work?
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by MicroBox: 9:05am On Feb 23, 2018
Cece23:
Sma Gold from 0 -6 months,Sma progress from 6 months to 1 yrs,foreign cerelac with different flavours,From 2 years kellogs cornflakes,Rice etc.For local food above 1yrs, Peak 123 or complan milk,prepare Dawa dn add corn and Joro. Ground all and sieve it. Dn give egg yolk daily,mashed beans and fish,moi moi,rice,yam but all will be soft.Friso gold rice and wheat.Peanut butter. Etc
Quoting so that I can visit n revisit again .... good combo

1 Like

Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by Reddie: 9:19am On Apr 17, 2018
smakcad:
Hello all.

This is quite educative, we give peak 123 for our 14 months old baby. My wife has decided to stop her breast feeding. However, she takes bourvita, so i am wondering that if she takes bourvita with peak 123, why can't we just do the normal peak milk or dano milk?

You can switch to normal milk anytime from one year up but growing up milk like peak 123 is packed with added nutrients and DHA so u can continue with it till she s 4.
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by ImaIma1(f): 12:02pm On Apr 17, 2018
I think i prefer to introduce solids like sweet potatoes, mixed vegetables, semo and soup, etc rather than just cereals.
Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by nlPoster: 1:06pm On Feb 25, 2020

1 Like

Re: Mummy In The House!!! Lets Discuss Our Babies Food Here. by homebase(m): 9:58pm On Nov 01, 2023
Nice food plan. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property / Help! My Wife Won't Sleep In The Same Room With Me / NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.